Project UU Teambuilding Lab (Accepting requests)

romanji

spring blooms
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ss/nihilego:
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Grass Knot

Another interesting pick here. I wanted to see an offensive build with Choice Scarf Nihilego, as it has some surprise factor in it by dealing big damage or OHKOing faster threats such as +1 Salamence, Zarude, Keldeo, and Thundurus.

A6325BDB-451E-4A30-9547-074EE43C3CB2.jpegAAF363E9-B4D6-4AA2-9450-433AB4927934.pngD044EE5C-843F-4F4E-9372-608516902C64.jpeg51F673C2-3829-4B63-AD14-A74CC6206B3D.pngCCE613B9-248A-4A09-913B-AFDEA0F1DDCD.pngDF4014C9-2B1B-493C-8E72-47050673566A.jpeg
hey there avg and daforestcave, I have your team ready! Initially Twilight had a team ready but team sorta felt eh against Thundurus and Lycanroc so I gave it a shot myself. I decided to double dip and fulfill both your requests in a single team since I feel the two have decent synergy together, with Nihilego threatening the Grasses, Gyarados, and Thundurus forms that all scare out Primarina. Knock Off can be used to lure in and remove chansey's item. Primarina in general is a dangerous wallbreaker, so the team revolved around removing its few defensive checks and answering the offensive threats that force it out. For the physical wallbreaking partner I went with Mamoswine, which can easily remove Chansey and Amoonguss for Primarina. It also has the ability to revenge kill Thundurus with Ice Shard. Physically defensive Tangrowth, Jirachi, and Salamence make up the defensive core of the team. The former answers dangerous threats like Krookodile, Lycanroc-D, and Zygarde-10% while the latter two make a good defensive core and provide stealth rock and defog support respectively. Jirachi can also use Healing Wish to patch up a low HP Primarina or Mamowsine, letting them wallbreak again. I have another version of the team here with Amoonguss over Tangrowth, trading a Ground resist and more sturdy check to Lycanroc-D for a better matchup against Aegislash and Keldeo alongside a Toxic immunity. The team has worked decently on the ladder, hope you two enjoy! As always, thanks avarice and Twilight for their input.

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Ya boy is looking for some fun with a mon nobody calls fun with a backup set since i'd completely understand if the first is considered too gimmicky to make a good team with (Mess with the evs on either however you think would work best, and pick which you think would work best with slashes)
Set One

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Trick / Grass Knot / Dazzling Gleam
Ideally built around getting as much damage off with Togekiss as possible by leaning into its coverage movepool, luring Nihilego is surprisingly easy to open itself up to cause havoc, or just chunk frailer resists like Lycanroc or the Thundurus forms. Ideally the hazard removal support would be fairly strong to make up for the lack of boots, and maybe some pivots that can bring it in more safely like washtom. Team would preferably be some form of a balance or an offense, to capitalize on what this set can do.

Set Two (if the first is too gimmicky)

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave / any move you think would do it best

This one is a little more standard, personally would like this one on an offensively oriented team, the other NP togekiss took a stallbreaker approach, here I'd prefer the offensive side. Ideally with good speed control and a way to kill/pressure Nihilego since this set definitely isnt doing that. Normally i like building myself but my baby togekiss deserves to rise to UU lets make it happen folks

romanji

spring blooms
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:dp/swellow:
Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Requesting my first old gen Pokemon, and I'm going with bulky offense with Swellow (DPP of course).

Last edited:
Luna's Banned now

/
<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
Here you go. The Specs Togekiss concept is cool though there isn't really too much you can pair with it that actually wants Nihilego gone but Rotom-H makes sense for this reason and it compressed Defog. Personally, I think Rotom-W does more for this build like giving a more reliable means of revenging BD Azumarill so I slashed both depending on how much you value playing on this Nihilego lure. I added Rhyperior because a non-Boots Togekiss prevents this from being any reasonable pivot into stuff like Salamence so Rhyperior gives some insurance against it. Ended up going for a SubSD set because rocks could be slapped elsewhere. The Speed lets you creep Celesteela letting you take advantage of Leech Seed turns but you can go slower for Chansey depending on your ladder experience. Amoonguss gives a pivot into Keldeo and Primarina etc. It is also helpful against Krookodile and Zarude because again this Togekiss doesn't want to take hits. Kommo-o gives another wallbreaker that sets rocks and provides an Aegislash check. Scarf Jirachi is Speed control and Thunder Punch helps put against DD Gyarados that could easily sweep otherwise.

I do think you would get a bit more value out of a regular Nasty Plot set to actually take advantage of Togekiss's bulk and typing so I will provide that import as well and leave it up to you whether you give that a try. I hope you enjoy using it.

Hey guys, I'm back with another request! This time I'd like a balance/bulky offense team based around Assault Vest Galarian Slowbro. I think it has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how it can be utilized. I'd love to see what you guys can cook up!

:ss/slowbro-galar:
Slowbro-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Future Sight / Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Shell Side Arm

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
StarFalcon555

Assault Vest Galarian Slowbro is a great glue mon right now. Its wide coverage options can pretty easily be tailored to what a team needs to cover. In this case, Earthquake and Ice Beam were both kept to deal with Aegislash while hitting Nihilego and checks Salamence. With Future Sight it has exceptional synergy with the tier's Fighting-type Pokemon too. Kommo-o is able to pressure common Psychic-type resists with both Close Combat and Flamethrower. It can also pivot out with Draco Meteor (though Clangorous Scales is an option to spam Flamethrower easier) and chunk plenty of foes. Physically Defensive Tangrowth goes nicely with Assualt Vest Glowbro as together they can comfortably switch between many Pokemon and form a durable Regenerator core. Celesteela is able to pick up the slack where Glowbro may find itself overwhelmed due to using Assualt Vest and thus relying on switching to heal back up. Celesteela is able to tackle various offensive threats given how little Pokemon can actually OHKO the beast, making it a great emergency check to foes like Lycanroc-D or Salamence. Volcanion serves as hazard removal so the Regenerator core is not too pressured by Spikes. Volcanion is also able to check Aegislash while easing the Primarina matchup. Tangrowtha and Volcanion make for a sturdy Rain matchup as well. Mienshao rounds out the team as a janitor and additional Future Sight abuser. Its coverage lets it revenge kill plenty of sweepers and Regenerator prevents it from succumbing to hazards itself. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
avg
:dp/uxie: :dp/swellow: :dp/dugtrio: :dp/leafeon: :dp/kabutops: :dp/rotom:

I used this in DPP PL. Not the most creative in terms of Swellow teams but this is typically what you're looking at with this mon. Swellow's got a lot of firepower, main issues are stuff like Regi/Rhyp etc so pairing it with Duggy is essentially mandatory. Uxie is an effective lead for this type of team since it gets rocks up super reliably and you can easily Trick the Scarf away on this because you've got Scarf Rotom in the back, which spinblocks and eases the MU against fast ghosts and stuff like Mismagius which are otherwise Big Threats while also helping against opposing Swellow. Kabutops provides Spin support, a better Normal/Flying resist, priority, and is just generally a very threatening offensive presence. Leafeon's here to check stuff like Tort and Rhyp since Duggy can't really reliably trap them at all, keep in mind it has base 80 Attack this gen and is very, very weak.

Hope you have fun with it!​

https://pokepast.es/2a3e42c22cb6d8bb

Hello I am looking to get into teambuilding in this tier and while scrolling through the viability ranking I came across Entei currently in B+. I used entei quite a lot in gen6uu (the last one i really played) and I would like a team based around the cb set. I tried theorymonning some ideas for a core but I really couldn't think of a core off the top of my head aside from some fwg stuff. I like both offense and balance as a player so I ask that the builder just go in the way that would best support the gameplan of allowing entei to just spam sacred fire by removing its checks and counters. Thank you for your help and I'm looking forward to the team.

https://pokepast.es/b24bc9a727c2bb2d

I have never tried haxorus before, but a BO/offense team with haxorus as it can open holes in opponents teams with its nuclear outrage. Krookodile provides hazard support and helps it with toxic and stealth rocks, as well as knock off'ing items to help making progress easier on pokemon such as primarina, tangrowth, and celesteela.
There is already a team in the archive with these exact two Pokemon. I would suggest requesting something else.

Requesting a HO team with a core of Thundurus-I and Conkeldurr (or any other Pokemon that could work with Thundurus.) Thanks!

HydreigonTheChild

Changed the Gmolt to two attacks just to be less passive against things like Keldeo and Buzzwole. Went with defensive Tapu Bulu to be a more reliable Knock sponge, particularly against Krookodile that Gmolt doesn't want to pivot into. Zygarde-10% gives the team needed power and a valuable Speed tier + priority. Rotom-W helps deal with Mamoswine and Wisp can punish DD Mence. Just went with max Speed than a more creative spread due to Bulu covering a lot of the stuff Rotom-W could pivot into. Scarf Jirachi like you requested. You could consider Trick to help against fatter teams but this team doesn't favour too well against Gyarados if it gets a chance to set up. Finally, Rhyperior gives rocks and a needed pivot into Salamence, both DD and special. You can run High Horsepower but I don't think it particularly matters.

Everyone elses requests are being worked on so ideally we get those out by the end of the week.

I've been trying to work with Band Entei but I can't seem to get a build with it that clicks w me. Requesting a Band Entei balance build. I get that Darm exists but I like the fact that Entei threatens rhyp and washtom with a burn on switchin and it's got priority too.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature/Jolly if 328 speed hits important speedties, not really sure if it does, I think ada is better for the firepower it gives you but im not the builder here :P
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge/Whatever else fits this slot better
- Flare Blitz

:ss/Entei:

:ss/Scolipede: :ss/Necrozma: :ss/Lycanroc-Dusk: :ss/Azumarill: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Thundurus:
https://pokepast.es/5a6d4a29cef4feb8

Hello there Low-Key, I have your thundurus team ready! Thundurus is currently being suspect tested right now, so be sure to make the most out of this team since it may not be here in the future! Anyway, this team is a hazard stacking hyper offense featuring scolipede to set spikes and necrozma to set rocks while also pressing defoggers. I didn’t click toxic spikes much since there are poison-types everywhere, so I decided to run earthquake instead to avoid being taken advantage of by aegislash, but it’s up to you whether you want dual spikes. The Rest of the team is mostly self explanatory for the most part, thundurus and lycanroc wallbreak while Azumarill and SD kommo-o clean in the late-game. Hope you enjoy this team!

Last edited:
Hi, I’d like to request a team built around Noivern and (strong psychic type - necrozma, metagross, that sort). Not sure how viable it’d be, but the idea of psychic terrain photon geyser sounds gross (but really just noivern + psychic is my main request)

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
cy

Choice Band Entei is a pretty fun mon to use with how easily it can spread burns while being immune to Intimidate shuffling. Having Extreme Speed is a huge plus as well. I wanted to maximize the pressure Entei could set with Sacred Fire forcing Pokemon like Amoonguss out-- leading me toward a hazard stack route. Defensive Starmie is a decent spinner and separates itself from Tentacruel by not adding a Ground-type weakness. Nidoqueen is a decent breaker, and the bulk makes it easier to justify having her as the Stealth Rock setter as opposed to running Nidoking. Klefki does the typical Spikes and pairs well with Starmie defensively. Both Toxic and Thunder Wave are helpful for stoping the various potential set up sweepers. Dazzling Gleam helps against Pokemon like Buzzwole and only really falters against Galarian Moltres, which is not a huge threat to Klefki. RestTalk variants can be overwhelmed by the other breakers anyhow. Tangrowth is the essential glue and can gain free turns for Entei or Nidoqueen to come in with Sleep Powder. Its physically defensive prowess covers a huge amount of the tier, most importantly Ground-type like Krookodile and Zydoge. Tangrowth avoids being overworked with Starmie's assistance. Noivern rounds out the team as pseudo speed control with its insane natural speed and Draco Meteor. Taunt prevents Noviern from being useless against teams with Umbreon and Chansey. Hope you have fun with the team!

Nezloe

Here is the Perish Azu stall. I gave it enough Defense to be a decent Celesteela pivot with the rest in SpD for Keldeo. Umbreon is more or less a staple and it gave Wish + Heal Bell support. Chansey is here with Stealth Rock support and to pivot into stuff like Moltres and Nidoking. Quagsire gives a check to most set up sweepers like Salamence and Azumarill + a valuable volt blocker. Vileplume gives you a better check to things like Mienshao and Keldeo because Azumarill is just too passive at beating them. The EV spread is to help more against mixed Kommo-o and then you get to Moonblast it because Azumarill folds to Poison Jab sets. Corrosive Gas helps you make progress with removing items. Finally, Salamence gives hazard removal. The Speed is enough for Kommo-o and below with the rest in Defense for stuff like Diggs, Barra, etc. You will probably only ever have this Azumarill work once a game at best but hopefully you have fun with it. Ty Estarossa pokemonisfun for the help :o

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Nezloe

Here is the Perish Azu stall. I gave it enough Defense to be a decent Celesteela pivot with the rest in SpD for Keldeo. Umbreon is more or less a staple and it gave Wish + Heal Bell support. Chansey is here with Stealth Rock support and to pivot into stuff like Moltres and Nidoking. Quagsire gives a check to most set up sweepers like Salamence and Azumarill + a valuable volt blocker. Vileplume gives you a better check to things like Mienshao and Keldeo because Azumarill is just too passive at beating them. The EV spread is to help more against mixed Kommo-o and then you get to Moonblast it because Azumarill folds to Poison Jab sets. Corrosive Gas helps you make progress with removing items. Finally, Salamence gives hazard removal. The Speed is enough for Kommo-o and below with the rest in Defense for stuff like Diggs, Barra, etc. You will probably only ever have this Azumarill work once a game at best but hopefully you have fun with it. Ty Estarossa pokemonisfun for the help :o
Looks SUPER HEAT,cant wait to try it on the ladder and get Insta forfeits. Once again TYSM :heart:

Hi, I wish a hail team with autotomize Aegislash (if autotomize aegislash doesn't fit well in the structure, i'd like an original hail team to use)
Thanks very much.

Was gonna ask for a team with Arctozolt, but since the last poster asked for Hail, time to go with Plan B. lmao rip zolt

:scolipede:
Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Rain is the new hotness and I love getting special snowflake points, so here's something I dug up from the depths of my memory after not playing for three and a half months. Scolipede can be a nasty win condition with Speed Boost, but it's stopped by some pretty common mons. Utilizing Aqua Tail in Rain helps the bug get around these counters.

+2 252 Atk Scolipede Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela in Rain: 239-282 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Scolipede Aqua Tail vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole in Rain: 184-217 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after SR and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Scolipede Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior in Rain: 588-693 (135.4 - 159.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Getting that +2 on a mon as frail as Scolipede isn't easy, which is why I've come here. Offensive Rain is the name of the game. If this is too silly, then perhaps a hazard stacking set would be better.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)