Tournament UU Team Rating Competition v2 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

approved by rmt hitler eheh

Hosts: Indigo Plateau I Snowy | Sun
Welcome to the latest edition of the Team Rater Competition! The tier this time around will be USM UU. For each round we'll post a team, and participants will have one week to complete a rate of said team. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move onto the next round. If you are eliminated and want to receive feedback on your rate, the hosts will be more than happy to provide that upon request. Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month. If you're currently involved in or are looking to start rating UU teams, I highly encourage you to participate as this promises to be a great learning experience. Here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

Important notes:
  • The top rates from each round in addition to the rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater badge
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the Trainers' School room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved.
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
  • At the end of each round, we will announce the best rate from that round and a quick overview of what we liked in the rates submitted.

deadline is 8th October 2018 11:59PM gmt -5

good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I started to build around mega manectric and SD heracross core. i foud them very powerful in the metagame as balance teams are very popular, standard sets for both.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

I needed an hazard remover and a solid scizor answer as well, tenta was a really solid choice there, icium z allows me to keep it healthy, toxic spikes are also very cool to wear down mmane checks like hippowdon.

Tentacruel @ Icium Z Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Scizor was my next choice for my team, it forms a really solid volturn core with mega manectric, and its a solid check for mamoswine and latias, which are really threatening for the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

i needed another form of speed control, my choice was scarf lati, latias is my hydreigon and manectric check, trick helps with the stall match up and roost for longevity.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Roost

Nidoking was my last pokemon, i needed a ground type that was able to threaten more offensive teams thanks to its coverage and substitute, it is also another manectric check which is always nice to have, substitute is also really cool to threaten dragons and aerodactyl with ice beam.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)