Tournament UU Snake Draft III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

Thanks to the wonderful lydian for this art!
Hi all, welcome back to the UU Snake Draft! This is the third iteration of this tour and is sure to be a smash hit as usual.

We'll be moving this tournament back to this early in the year from now on - this is in order to facilitate a third tournament where UUSD was previously, which we will have more information on later in the year as it is going to be the replacement for UUWC.

Just like last year, the tiers for this tournament will be:

3 SS UU / 1 SM UU / 1 ORAS UU / 1 BW UU / 1 DPP UU / 1 ADV UU / 1 GSC UU / 1 RBY.
*Baton Pass is banned from ADV UU in this tournament.

As usual, this may be reduced to 8 slots depending on player signups, which would result in the cutting of 1 SS slot and 1 RBY slot, or both of GSC and RBY.

We are looking to have 8 teams, and that is the purpose of this thread. Post below if you would be interested in managing, and feel that you could commit to staying around for the entirety of the tour. Managers will be able to purchase themselves, but it will be in lieu of a round 1 pick in order to keep it fair. Just like last year, this year there are co-managers, but only one will be able to play. As it is a Snake Draft, the pick order will be randomized and announced after managers are chosen. There will be 14 rounds of drafting.

--

With all that out of the way, these are the qualifications we are looking for; managers will be chosen based on experience in UU tournaments, involvement in the community, competence, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up as a new manager, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities. No shitposts masquerading as sign-up posts, so no "in" posts, please.

If you are a returning manager, make sure to identify the team which you are reclaiming by the letter assigned to it. Returning managers will be given priority to reclaim their existing teams, but they may not take over a team that was not previously theirs.

Manager name:
Team name:
Returning manager:
Previous team:

example:

Manager name: Lily
Assistant Manager (if applicable): hs
Team name: Paniola Primarinas
Returning manager: yes
Previous team: A

For new managers, the returning managers have priority to claim their previous teams, so when choosing a team to take over, try to choose one that will not be taken. Below are the list of teams, their assigned letter, and list of retains:
Manager name:
Team name:
Team preference 1:
Team preference 2:

example:

Manager name: Dua Lipa
Assistant Manager (if applicable): DaBaby
Team name: Levitating Latias
Team preference 1: C
Team preference 2: H

note: life is cruel and you may not be guaranteed your first or even second choice!

Team A: L.A.P.R.A.S. - Aqua Jet and pokemonisfun
Team B: Wild Wordle Wurmples - bb skarm and Cam
Team C: The Hydrophobic Volcanions - justdrew and Sirwings
Team D: Dragon's Den Dragonairs - Indigo Plateau and Sage
Team E: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name - TDK and Pearl
Team F: Paniola Primarinas - Lily and Jade
Team G: Sinistea Ministry - KM and mncmt
Team H: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas - Highways and gum

If you plan on playing as a manager, do remember to sign up in this thread as well.

Signups will remain open till this Sunday, June 19th at 11:59pm GMT+1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Manager name: May
Assistant Manager (if applicable): ausma
Team name: Hipster Hypnos
Team preference 1: B
Team preference 2: C
HYPNO-1.png

My RBYPL flagship desires a trip to UUSD for repeated dominance, let's build a legacy! Managed enough tours to be confident that I can strut my stuff; RBYPL II, RoAO 6, and UUSD II were all pretty damn fun! You may knock my experience in the community itself over the game I play, but ehhh I think that may be a red herring!

Victreebel and Lapras may be dropping to RBY UU before the tour pls don't cut us it's gonna be funny asf

Last edited:

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
MANAGER NAME: KM
ASSISTANT MANAGER (IF APPLICABLE): mncmt
TEAM NAME: Sinistea Ministry
RETURNING MANAGER: no
team preference: any

edit: forgot to include why we would slay! as managers. soooo um uupl went pretty well on all fronts and we're ready to do it again!! both of us have too much experience playing this tier and plenty of experience managing and I am excited to make a whole new suite of emotes for the community to use. also it's pride month and we represent two of the letters in LGBTQ+ (Gay and Brazilian) so not choosing us would be questionable :/

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager name: (its) justdrew
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Sirwings
Team name: Die wasserasbtoßende Volcanion
Team preference: Any is fine

Why us?
1) This is a historical moment where the French and Americans drop the beef and work together.
2) I've been a UU tutor through two generations and managed my UUFPL team to playoffs, while Sirwings assisted pretty heavily in the Cobras playoff victory.
3) We both have good knowledge of the community and experience in competitive.
4) We're both fresh faces which would be great for this tournament.
5) Why not!

Manager name: bb skarm
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Cam
Team name: tbd
Team preference 1: any

We just managed UUFPL and our team won the entire tour without a loss to boot. In terms of individual tour success, we both have moderate experience as Cam has started UU team tours for years by now and I just made UU Open semis.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Ty everyone who signed up! It was a tough choice to decide between some of you, there were some equally good choices here to pick from, but we've agreed on the following 8 pairs of managers for this tour!

Team E: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name - TDK and Pearl

The draft order will be decided shortly.

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
The draft order for the draft is as follows. Teams renamed so that A-H matches the draft order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)