Gen 7 UU: Leaning Towards the Endgame

Hello! Today, I'd like to share with you my Gen 7 UU team. It revolves around Bulky, Buginium Z, Swords Dance Scizor and making sure the Z-Move doesn't go to waste on a low HP target. I'm fairly new to the tier, and I'd love to hear your feedback on what I can fix. And with that, let's get on to my Gen 7 UU team.

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor is possibly the best pokemon in the tier. You need to have a counter to its U-Turn, or else you might just lose the battle. Amoonguss is the most common one - seeing as with Rocky Helmet, it deals reasonable chip damage to Scizor on its way out. Except Scizor can SD on the switch and crush it with a Savage Spin-Out that doesn't force it out. Fire types are another option, but most Fires types are crippled by Stealth Rock - namely Moltres. I wanted Scizor to have as few answers to it as possible whilst having longevity to be able to keep momentum going. Its bulk allows it to live powerful hits from the likes of Megas and Z-Moves, and its power after a SD is anything between abysmal and obsurd. If your making a SM UU Team, Scizor is one of the things you must prepare for.

Krookodile @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

With making this Scizor team, ideally you'd want a Ground-type Stealth Rock setter to maintain pressure on Electrics and have reliable chip damage that may lead to a KO. I choose Krookodile simply because it fills the roll that Scizor needs as a Ground-type with rocks. Its utility is amazing with Knock Off crippling Leftovers recovery on the likes of Suicune and Blissey, Taunt to stop anything between hazards and setup sweepers from getting cocky and the aforementioned Stealth Rock as a way to enable its teammates such as Scizor and Terrakion. Krookodile with Iapapa Berry essentially gives it a second life - allowing it to cripple the opposition later on. Mega Manectric being a primary target for Krookodile allows it to always take a hit from it and retaliate with a KO. Its main purpose is to lead with rocks, then prevent hazard removal, deal big damage to its target or switch out into one of its teammates to Intimidate something later on. Though you could use Gligar or Hippowdon, to me they seem to rely to much on there items to justify using them. Even when facing competition, Stealth Rock Krookodile is a solid lead for what its supposed to do.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Nobody said you can't have rocks AND Spikes on the same team. With Chesnaught, it provides secondary hazards to stack on Stealth Rock or still have hazards when Krookodile goes down. With its ability to generate free turns to get up multiple layers of Spikes with what it switches into and longevity to back it up, Chesnaught is a decent enough Spikes setter and does its job effectively. However, it is vunerable to the likes of SD Scizor and CM Suicune if it lacks Roar, and even then it doesnt appreciate them setting up later on in the game - so you should be careful about when to set up your hazards with it. If you can get past that issue and have partners that enjoy its traits, Chesnaught is yet another solid pick for what it does.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Latias is up there with Scizor for the best pokemon in the tier. Its versatility between power and speed is unmatched amongst other UU pokemon. Choice Scarf Latias in particular makes it a reliable revenge killer with its powerful Draco Meteor and Psychic for Fighting-types like Chesnaught and Infernape. With access to Trick and Choice Scarf, it can easily cripple stall or any pokemon locked into an undesirable move. Healing Wish also allows Latias to (in exchange for a KO) heal any of its partners back to full - which can be essential in enabling a 1 on 1 matchup that might've ended in a loss. Though its not anything spammable and should be used only when absolutely nessecary. A top 2 pokemon with versatility in power and bulk is always amazing, and Latias exemplifies this into a metagame superstar.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Using its bulk, Calm Mind, longevity in Rest and the ability to stall out stall itself, Suicune is a reliable and bulky setup sweeper on any given team. RestTalk also allows it to not be a sitting duck against what it answers. Its also great that Rest heals any status Suicune might have taken prior - such as paralysis. Scald after a CM or 2 makes it a reliable weapon that is strong and can inflict burn to potentially cripple physical attackers. It should only be using CM later on in the game when its checks are at low HP or out of the question entirely, and should also avoid Knock Off ridding it of its Leftovers. It also helps out Scizor with Fire-types that give it trouble. Suicune should always be something to watch out as far as setup sweepers are concerned, or else like Scizor and its U-Turn spamming, you might just lose the game.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

The last member on my team is Sylveon - as it fills the Cleric role on my team with access to Heal Bell to cure wide spread status, and Wish as a psuedo Rest that doesn't put you to sleep. Hyper Voice when turned into a Fairy-type move via Pixilate deals incredibly high damage for a move of its power, and the high HP and def investment allows it to have somewhat big Wishes and have it not fold to some of the weaker physical attacks in the tier. Protect is always valuable for choice scouting and giving Sylveon that little extra Leftovers recovery. Its Wish and Heal Bell support along side its excellent mono Fairy typing makes it an amazing Cleric on a team, and a nice conclusion to my team overall.

:scizor: - :krookodile: - :chesnaught: - :latias: - :suicune: - :sylveon:
https://pokepast.es/ab0c0d043ad65701 (team in detail)

And with that concludes my team. I'd love to hear any feedback on what my team is weak to, who to add and what to fix. Thank you so much for listening and until next time, goodbye.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey The2009Zapdos Suicune is one my favorite Pokemon and it's always fun using it in sm uu even with Latias being so prevalent. Bulky Swords Dance Scizor is a pokemon that can work with nearly anyone so it can be difficult to decide what direction to go with. Something like Chesnaught can be really awkward though, especially without hazard removal. Currently, the main flaws with the team would be the Scizor and Latias matchups.

Major Changes
:sylveon: -> :blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
Blissey is able to sponge hits from Pokemon like Hydreigon and Primarina without relying on Wish. Blissey also sets up Stealth Rock while beating common hazard removal like Empoleon and Gligar with its boltbeam coverage. This coverage makes it harder to abuse in general, as with Sylveon Scizor, Amoonguss, etc can get a lot of free turns.

:chesnaught: -> :amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
Amoonguss covers more of the tier than Chesnaught defensively, having a Fighting-resist besides Latias is nice since it is Choice-locked. Amoonguss also has broken Spore. Spikes support from Chesnaught is nice but does not go a long way on a team like this where you're already weak to foes like Latias and have a more passive backbone. Has a bit more defense than usual to help against Terrakion, since there is already Blissey for Primarina.

Minor Changes
:krookodile: :latias:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 160 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance
With Blissey setting up Stealth Rock, Krookodile is able to be its best set-- Choice Scarf. This is extremely helpful for the Latias matchup. Fire Fang is ran in the last slot since bulky Scizor and Blissey can deal with a fair amount of Latias variants and relying on Amoonguss + Suicune for opposing Scizor can get dicey. Choice Specs Latias gives the team some immediate power and can afford to run emergency Defog. Surf can lure Mega Steelix or snipe an unevolved Aggron to enable a Scizor sweep too.

Sorry this took a while to rate. Hope you try out some of these changes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)