UU UU Ladder Tournament 2023 - Cycle 3

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
OP adapted from 2022 UULT.
Hosted by DugZa

Welcome to the 2023 SV UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! After spectacular wins by pokemonisfun and Lily the last two years, we return for the first Ladder Tournament of generation 9! In this tournament, players will compete for a top spot on the ladder, and the top 8 from each cycle will then qualify for the playoffs phase. On top of that, qualifying will yield points for the official UnderUsed Circuit, in which players will compete at the end of the year for a chance to earn one of the coveted ribbons.

To further explain the tournament, let's take a look at the separate stages.

Qualifying Phase

During this stage, everyone wishing to participate will sign up with a fresh alt starting with the week's given tag. Similarly to previous editions, your rank will reset every week and you will be asked to sign up with a new alt. In this actual laddering portion of the tournament, players will fight on the Gen 9 UU ladder, trying to claim a spot in the top 8. Those who manage to claim one of the spots will be part of the playoffs phase. The #9 and #10 of each week will be used as potential substitutes, should they be needed, and the order of substitutes is also determined by ELO. Both qualifying players and substitutes may, of course, play again during the next week, as they can potentially directly qualify. However, players choosing to qualify multiple times in different cycles will not be counted as the playoffs phase is randomised and swiss-based.

If I find out you used an already registered alt, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

The Deadlines for the 4 cycles will be on a 6-hour cycle to allow people of different timezones to qualify for playoffs.

Cycle One Deadline - Tuesday 9th May 10AM GMT-4 (edited to account for server outage)
Cycle Two Deadline - Monday 15th May 5am GMT-4
Cycle Three Deadline - Monday 22nd May 11am GMT-4
Cycle Four Deadline - Monday 29th May 5pm GMT-4

Playoffs Phase

This part is fairly straight-forward. During this stage, the top 32 will face off in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SV UU bracket. The first stage of the playoffs phase, where the 32 qualified players will battle each other in a swiss bracket to see who moves on to the top 16. Players continue playing in this swiss stage until they have won or lost two matches. In the second stage of playoffs, where only 16 remaining players remain, they will battle each other in a single elimination bracket to see who wins the whole thing.

If you wish to participate, sign up in this thread on a fresh alt starting with the tag UULT23C (e.g. UULT23C DugZa), using the following format.

Code:
Forum name: DugZa
Week 1 Alt: UULT23C DugZa
Does my alt for Week 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
The deadline for week 3 is Monday May 22nd at 11am GMT-4. The laddering period starts now.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Have fun laddering, everyone!

Last edited:
Forum name: fiish
Week 1 Alt: UULT23C fish
Does my alt for Week 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Forum name: lolebruh
Week 1 Alt: UULT23C L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)