UU Council: Heracross

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gen 5 is upon us and Gen 4 is dying out. UU ended fairly successfully however with one massive loose end that was never tied up: Heracross. Heracross was brought down during a time of turmoil in Smogon and because of simulator switches it was never afforded a proper test. We have, however, been playing with it in the metagame for a very long time and it has been allowed in the Smogon Tour giving us ample experience with it.

The problem with voting on it at this point is that it's hard to determine who is qualified to vote. I have determined the best course of action is to follow the end of OU testing and go out with a council of the most qualified UU players. I think this actually fits better in UU than it does in OU too because UU is a tighter knit community with clear elite players that are respected by everyone that used to frequent this forum.

So if you think you're qualified to make the last decision of Gen IV UU please apply to the council by sending a pm to both JabbaTheGriffin and reachzero stating exactly why you feel you deserve to be on the council (of 9).

In this application you should state your involvement throughout the entire UU testing process, though with more importance placed on the time period since Heracross has been dropped down. Tour and tournament results are also welcome.

Deadlines for application are a week from now (December 7th). The 9 members should be chosen shortly after.

Post here or pm me if you have any questions.

You mean we don't get to nominate other suspects?

And zzz this essentially means I won't get to vote. Too bad then, I guess.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do the two leaders (Jabba and reach) automatically get a place on the council? If so, is it as part of the nine members or as separate entities? Also, if this is not the case, are they going to be 'applying' as well, or do they just not get a vote?

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do the two leaders (Jabba and reach) automatically get a place on the council? If so, is it as part of the nine members or as separate entities? Also, if this is not the case, are they going to be 'applying' as well, or do they just not get a vote?
As much as I feel me and reach are quite qualified to be on the council we will not be part of it :P

Also I'm not a fan of the council either, but I'm more concerned about closure at this point. This is the quickest and most efficient way to do it while still conforming to the UU way of picking the most qualified voters. Bummer I know.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
I have to consult with reach but the council should be determined tonight.

and Erazor, only if you pm me asking why you were rejected.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
And without further ado here is your UU council:

Eo Ut Mortus, HeYsuP, Synre, Erazor, Folgorio, Bluewind, bad ass, Rt., 6A9 Ace Matador

I'll talk with you guys to try to plan out some sort of discussion session on irc, let's get this done as soon as possible.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
Heracross voted BL by the council with a final vote of 5-4

BL: Erazor, RT., 6A9 Ace Matador, Bluewind, Eo Ut Mortus
UU: Synre, Heysup, folgorio, bad ass

interestingly enough it started as a blowout 7-2 for BL but then Synre presented a solid argument for keeping it UU (if he wants to share his reasoning in the megathread he can feel free) that swayed a couple voters and made it 4-4 with Erazor left to vote. Bluewind flip flopped, which made it UU, but then he flip flopped again so it was left again to Erazor who went BL. Fun stuff. Later Hera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)