Project USUM Ubers Teambuilding Workshop v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Nayrz

Hi I'm Jase Duken! Throughout my time in Ubers I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good creative teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined with several experienced Uber builders to host this team building workshop. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future. It'd also be nice if users could reply their experiences with the teams, during ladder matches or tournaments, and provide replays of them battling with it

Teambuilders
Rules:
Jase The World
Royal1604
The Dovahneer
Alkione
Holy Ghost
Terracotta
Jhonx~

• Have about a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.​
  • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C or above in the viability rankings)​
  • Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic pokemon and/or cores as well as cores that have already been built around. Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!​
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.​
  • Each user is allowed one request every 7 days and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.​
  • Any core / pokemon submitted has a 7-day reservation period. If yours is not reserved by that time, it'll be removed for the reservation list, and disregarded (this could be for any reason, i.e. bad sets, the pokemon aren't very viable, ect.)​
  • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.​
  • You are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.​
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.​
  • Please do not ask to become a builder, I handpick the list​
  • If you request a team / pokemon / core that is already listed in the OP you'll be blacklisted from requests for a week. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.​

Workshop Archive

Last edited:

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.
Gonna take your virginity!! hehehe :v4::v4:

Requesting a team built around the big fuckin boss himself please, Specs Xerneas

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire
- Aromatherapy

(feel free to change moves 2-4, u only ever click moonblast tbh anyway)

Love this set so much!! fairy as an offensive type is broken in ubers and spamming moonblast is the best thing ever. it's not an unheard of set of course, the reason why im requesting it is because i've not really been able to take advantage of the sheer power/wallbreaking that a set like this provides... like i haven't found it's true potential you get me? hoping you guys will be able to make a team round it that can appreciate just how absurdly strong this thing is instantly vs geo xern which takes a turn to ramp up. preferably something more on the offensive side, webs or not i dont mind really. just looking for a team that can use specsxern in the best way possible (maybe using something that appreciates p-don etc being weakened like p-ogre?) up to you!! thanks!!

Alright, let's give this a shot..

Requesting a team around Arceus-Grass, because while I know it isn't a great Arceus type to use I actually like the idea of it 2HKOing both Primals while also dealing with Zygarde. The type of team would probably have to be balanced or stall, but any team with Arceus-Grass would be cool ^

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Recover

Requesting a team around the core of Chansey and Arceus-Ground. I would prefer if the team had reliable ways to deal with Necrozma, both Primals, Yveltal and also Ho-oh.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Confide
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Felixx

I'm back.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Requesting a team built w/ Deo-A, been playing Ubers a lot lately and it's definitely an interesting tier that's really filled to the brim w/ cool offensive threats, and Deo-A is one of those. Dosen't necessarily need to be the set I posted, any set works, maybe Stealth Rock/Spikes w/ Sash, maybe a Nasty Plot + Z-Move set, so builders feel free to change it. An HO build is fine, but I'd like a more Bulky Offense type of team.

Requesting a team around Arceus-electric which can do amazing after Primal-groudon is removed seeing as nothing in the meta resists it's dual stabs and it is imo slept on rn. Would prefer a sort of bulky offense but anything will do.

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Just letting all people know builders are working on request and I’ll drop a bulk import of all teams we have finished at 12AM -7gmt at September 10th

611E2C84-2AD7-47E9-8B28-22B775F6F7D5.jpeg

Also rn we’re taking all request because we’re having fun building+we like the challenge but after awhile we start getting more strict about unrank/low rank mons request.

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Ice Beam

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse / Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Requesting a Bulky Offense with CM Lunalium Z Lunala. I put Yveltal here because it's naturally a good Lunala partner, feel free to use a more aggressive set. Lunala BO is tricky due to the challenge of having solid hazard control + enough offensive presence where the build isn't compromised vs common meta teams. Hopefully you guys are able to get it done

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

SR’d for a shiny Poipole a couple of weeks back and I’m interested to see how Naganadel has progressed so far as a stall-breaker. Stopping TSpikes is pretty cool so it might be a nice option for balance but that’s up to you guys. Have fun!

Dropping all teams except two, but they will be done. If you have any questions about your team hmu up in discord at Jase Duken #2608

https://pokepast.es/2b08d875dc899a99 -Specs Xern

https://pokepast.es/b9cd616669d7038f -Scor+P-Ogre

https://pokepast.es/67e4df8097a6c9b8 -Grasseus Builder: Dewios

https://pokepast.es/dcaae50cecc3a43b -Deo A

https://pokepast.es/191cac083951ce1d -Groundeus+chansey

https://pokepast.es/a8ea473474698ba0 -Naga

I’ll make an archive to make it more organize when I have extra time. Future team drops will have description explaining the building process. Again if you got anything to ask hmu on discord Jase Duken #2608 and on Showdown Jase Duken.

Hope you enjoy your teams! We put in alot effort!

Last edited:
I'd like to request a team (preferably balance) built around Choice Band Ho-Oh because its such a strong wallbreaker that is quite durable when paired with regenerator

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Toxic

mags

Banned deucer.
can you make me a rain team with this core so nobody notices my tears ;(

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Pain Split
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

get flanked

Banned deucer.
Thought I'd lose the virginity of my acc by making a first post lol

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin

I'm not good at usm but this core kinda makes sense right? Ditto is a weird mon that appreciates tspikes to help it break sub sweepers that it struggles with etc.. while tspikes offense likes dittos ability to beat random shit like naganadel?

Requesting an offensive team around it :)

Requesting Bulky Offense / Balance with this offensive core:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe or 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

This core is a rather interesting one, taking advantage of the two best Pokemon in the meta in Primal Groudon and Necrozma-DM. Xerneas pressures these switchins which Primal Kyogre can come in on to exploit; Primal Groudon can't take a Liquidation outside of weather and Necrozma-DM loses its ability to recover HP well. Requires some countermeasures for the likes of Ferrothorn and defensive Lunala, either through hazards or trapping the former.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Substitute

It's martha's birthday soon and etc

One of my favorite web cores. Thanks in advance :heart:

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Toxic

feel free to adjust yvel set

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Requesting a team around mixed breaker Quaza

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create / Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Want to see some BO build around this Quaza variant.

Requesting some stall/balanced team around mega-slowbro

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald/Ice Beam/Foul Play
- Slack Off
- Iron Defense

Most stall teams use sableye as their mega, so I want to try something different with mega-slowbro to check Necro-dm/ultra-necro better, both of which are huge threats to stall obviously. The moveset can be edited if necessary. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I‘ve seen these kind of things before and like the idea so first of all, s/o to all the ppl willing to partake in it.

However, if your purpose is to educate new or inexperienced players/teambuilders, I don’t think this thread is the answer. You’re pumping out teams left and right, but there is no explanation on how the team is created, or how it functions. This way players will never be able to do it themselves, and can just keep asking here for teams or re-use the same ones.

I think that if you want to educate and help people, you should give at least a quick run through on how and why you added certain mons. You don’t really have to get in depth with spreads and all, but they should have at least a general idea of how to do it themselves. What you have now is cool and all, but it does not increase the overall teambuilding level of anyone but the builders.

Anyways, that’s just my two cents, wether you do something with it or not is entirely up to you.

Hey, I‘ve seen these kind of things before and like the idea so first of all, s/o to all the ppl willing to partake in it.

However, if your purpose is to educate new or inexperienced players/teambuilders, I don’t think this thread is the answer. You’re pumping out teams left and right, but there is no explanation on how the team is created, or how it functions. This way players will never be able to do it themselves, and can just keep asking here for teams or re-use the same ones.

I think that if you want to educate and help people, you should give at least a quick run through on how and why you added certain mons. You don’t really have to get in depth with spreads and all, but they should have at least a general idea of how to do it themselves. What you have now is cool and all, but it does not increase the overall teambuilding level of anyone but the builders.

Anyways, that’s just my two cents, wether you do something with it or not is entirely up to you.
I already acknowledge that by saying in next team im adding team description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)