Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Made this team in 5 minutes so this thread didnt die, CM firium z delphox looked like a good threat so i decided to build around it. Sneasel provides a trapper for slowking that would otherwise wall for ever delphox. Passimian provides a soft check to Incineroar, a form of speed control and momentum. Rhydon provides a bird check, electric check and rocks while also being another solid check to Incineroar. Whimsicott provides a form of hazard control while also being a decent wallbreaker and finally Weezing provides tspikes support and another comfey check.

Delphox @ Normalium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hyper Beam

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Roar
- Earthquake

Dhelmise @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
Also quick built this team so it might suck- but it's fun to use. I figured may as well try to be creative, so I tried to build a Delphox that can lure and kill most Incineroars- hence the CM Z Hyper Beam.
+1 252 SpA Delphox Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 244 HP / 132+ SpD Incineroar: 257-303 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+1 252 SpA Delphox Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 244 HP / 132+ SpD Incineroar: 257-303 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Delphox Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Incineroar: 325-383 (98.1 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Spikes help Delphox and friends secure kills, so I wanted to build a team that's good at getting up hazards and keeping them there. Passimian is there to take advantage of Defog and for Speed control. Dhelmise gives both Rapid Spin and a spinblocker, and can provide offensive pressure against troublesome mons like Slowking. Druddigon gets up rocks against Xatu, can paralyze some mons to help Delphox sweep, and punishes Turn/Spin. Specs Accelgor with spikes for some offensive pressure, outspeeds commons scarfers like Passimian, and helps to break some bulky waters. Finally, Toge is fun, cheeky, and annoying. Its typing is kind of crucial on this team, it helps to chip, and can Wish/Turn giving Fox some safe-ish switchins.
Fast offensive Ghost types, Birdspam, Vileplume, Mega Audino, etc. pose problems to this team, but it should handle top tier threats like Comfey, Incineroar, Passimian, and Lisk decently well.
Like I said, not a great team, but it's fun and I tried to be somewhat creative.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 3: Mesprit

Mesprit just rose to NU a few days ago due to a few players spamming in on the high ladder. Despite seeing little usage outside of the high ladder, Mesprit is most certainly not the most unviable Pokemon in NU, boasting a few fun sets.
Deadline for submissions is (7 / 12 / 19)
Have fun :toast:!​

Abejas

Yo where Ken at

Simple HO team. Mesprit helps Comfey weaken incineroar and steelix while also providing rocks and having a solid form of pressuring xatu with z thunder. Mega Glalie also helps Comfey weaken its checks while also providing spikes. Passimian provides speed control and a form of pressuring defog users due to defiant. Rotom provides a solid spin blocker that can also gain momentum with volt switch. Aero provides another form of speed control while also trapping anoying ghost types that you could face. Finally comfey provides the main win con with its great ability and typing.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

Description:
Cool Bulky Offense (almost balance) with CM Z mesprit 3 attacks as the mon i built this around, then a core i like a lot formed of golbat+palossand this 2 are a super good defensive core that gives rocks and defog and they cover the weakness of the other easily, band aero to break through teams and help with the speed control which otherwise is mediocre, to continue with we have vaporeon as the bulky water, it gives wish support which helps mesprit to have a longer life and also the palobat core, and also helps checking incineroar which otherwise can be a problem and finally we have passimian as the main speed control.

Mesprit: I decided to go with water pulse waterium-z to lure in unsuspecting Incineroar's for a huge chunk of their health and also kill off unsuspecting spdef variants of Steelix that feel confident about staying in versus it. Thunderbolt is obviously added for bulky water types and Xatu. And lastly, just a stab. Hits everything at least neutrally. Provides a psychic type to deal with the poisons comfey does not while being a rocker at the same time.

Passimian: Benefits from the hazard stack due to it's ability defiant. Speed control. Can revenge kill for Mesprit.

Garbodor: I went with spdef garb so it could act as a solid grass resist for the team. Provides spikes and tspikes that are much appreciated by Mesprit (thunderbolt becomes scary for bulky waters like Vaporeon) and Passimian. Absorbs tspikes for the rest of the team.

Blastoise: Provides a backup in case Mespit's lure for Incineroar was not successful. Removal. Just a little extra fat for the team.

Comfey: Hazard stack makes comfey a lot easier to pull off and it can use choice locked dark types that hit knock on Mesprit to set up. Waterium-z if it was successful took a big chunk out of Steelix, making Comfey's job much easier.

Sceptile: unscarfed speed control that on a lot of teams has to be dealt with by switching into poison types, wittling them down for Comfey. And just a really solid mon since plume left.

Mesprit @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Water Pulse

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Leftovers
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Pain Split
- Spikes

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Facade

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Healing Wish

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

I went with a physical scarf Mesprit to get more u-turn chip on incineroar. I like Healing Wish because Hariyama and Incineroar get worn down very easily. guts Hariyama is a pretty underrated breaker and can take advantage of the Toxic Spike trend if it gets knocked off. Hariyama weakens Weezing and Garbodor for Sceptile later in the game. Rotom provides the team with a Steelix switch-in which is especially needed when using physical Mesprit. I like Rotom right now because it's unaffected by Toxic Spikes and can switch into Garbodor/Weezing if it needs to. Incineroar does Incineroar stuff. Sceptile switches into scald and can clean late-game after Hariyama and Incineroar punch holes. I chose Steelix as the rocker because it deals with Comfey and Heliolisk.

Voting for jcbc. I like Ampharo’s waterium Z mesprit, looks like a fun lure. jcbc’s team looks very solid; I see a comfey check and volt switch immunity so that’s good. I like that he uses Aerodactyl alongside Palossand to check Braviary.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 4: Aerodactyl

In my opinion, Aerodactyl is one of the best Pokemon in the tier right now (same with Pangoro and Dhelmise). Not a lot of teams have solid counters for it, and the ones that do exist usually can only switch into it a few times (by taking a few Earthquake hits in particular)
Deadline for submissions is (7 / 19 / 19)
Have fun :toast:!​

Aerodactyl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 104 Def / 64 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Payback

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Super Fang

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

I always find it risky to roost with Aerodactyl because it’s so frail, so I decided to use protect instead to scout scarfers and to stall a turn if toxic spikes are up. Blastoise is a great partner, switching into the bulky grounds that check Aerodactyl. Incineroar’s EV spread is interesting, I wanted something that could switch into Dhelmise, Mega Glalie, and prevent Delphox from spamming psychic. The standard SD set can accomplish this but I wanted something with a little more longevity, so I just invested enough speed for adamant rhydon. Everybody prepares for max speed incineroar anyways, so the only thing you lose out on is Pangoro which Garbodor is physically defensive for. I put payback on Garbodor to lure Rotom which is annoying for the team, especially since I’m not running as much spdef on Incineroar. I went with spdef Druddigon as the rocker to more reliably switch into Delphox, Magmortar, and Sceptile. Scarf Togedemaru for speed control, Comfey check, and volt switch immunity.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at

Cool bulky offense team built around CB Aero. Blastoise makes a great partner for this mon since it can switch into the bulky ground types while also poviding hazard control in Rapid Spin. Steelix provides rocks and a way to weaken these bulky gound types while also checking opposing aeros and comfeys. Weezing gives a solid answer to passimian while also providing tspikes support. SD inci makes a good breaker to weaken the opposing team, which lets aero or the last mon to clean up pretty easily. The last mon is Passimian since it provides some speed contol while also taking advantage of the potential defog users.

Weezing: gives the team a reliable check to comfey and sceptile, while providing t-spikes that can cripple some things that wish to wall aero

Palossand: checks opposing Aerodactyl rather well, has an excellent matchup against two of Aerodactyl's greatest enemies Rhydon and Steelix, and an immunity to both of Heliolisk's stabs; with surf being heavily pressured by exeggutor's presence and passho berry to screw it over.

Exeggutor-Alola: Can switch into the majority of whatwants to wall Aerodactyl with ease and wreak havoc, breaking bulky waters and setters alike, heavily pressures Heliolisk not to click surf for Palossand.

Pasimmian: Speed control, Incineroar check, U-turn makes it easier to bring Aerodactyl in, and forms a very effective offensive core with egg

Blastoise: Spinner that beats what walls Aerodactyl. I love protect here, it makes my mouth water, refresh is less of a necessity when you have a toxic catcher, and protect lets you scout Heliolisk and Sceptile's moves. Protect basically lets you have a free switch into Palossand and/or Eggy when against those two mons, and if not that it at least causes Heliolisk/Sceptile to wisely back off.

Aerodactyl: Standard spread for taking an ice shard from sneasel while still outspeeding scept.

Weezing @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 136 SpD / 44 Spe
Serious Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Palossand @ Passho Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Toxic

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)