Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters
https://pokepast.es/71f537a62697640d (Had trouble with sprites)
Very weird team that I wanted to be all about guessing games in the user's favor. Dhelmise is my check to Slowbro while, Seismitoad recovers off scald and Incineroar cares not for Psychic or Future Sight. Seismitoad is my Incineroar check while, Incineroar can come in on knock off rather easily and Dhelmise tanks Z Quake with ease. Togedamaru can block Heliolisk volt-turn strats with Seismitoad (EV spread even allows it to take 2 CCs from Passimian); even got Weezing in the back for U-Turn Passimian and Incineroar. Aerodactyl is my trapper for Xatu, even Incineroar can assist and set-up on it. Dhelmise and Weezing are my answers for Specs Sceptile. Weezing, Incineroar, and Aerodactyl are both great at checking various Vileplume sets. Togedemaru and Weezing are my Fairy answers (Diancie and Comfey). The list goes on. And if you still hate guessing games, Seismitoad & Weezing have protect to make it that much easier.
Pretty much the point of the team, having as many answers for everything. Of course, it can't beat everything and it does have its weaknesses.

Here is a build around sub tect + cm delphox which is almost impossible do deal with if toxic spikes are up. So weezing was a perfect fit as it's a more solid setter than garbodor because of the defensive utility as well as its longetity, I then added braviary and dhelmise to give me speed control + slowbro check but also a way to stop the tspikes from getting defogged or spinned away. The rocker was missing and I couldn't get hold of braviary or mega glalie so I instantly added steelix with curse to counter sub + bup brav. There was no good magmortar resist and water in general so I added av slowbro and that is it. The team is pretty solid, doesn't have any particular weakness but it is a bit stall weak so watch out for that.

Adamthefirst
I think the team is cool but is very reliant on Weezing getting up toxic spikes. It's definitely missing a solid wall breaker that can be used throughout the game. But, it did feel better to use over neomon's team (imo) that felt like it was too much for the user. I was confused on how to use the team every match. Watchog's team looks pretty fun but, he is right on it being very weak to toxic spikes.
Edit: I understand the Weezing set now. Someone helped me on that. Still had a tough time using it. Sorry for the misunderstanding Neomon
Also, my team does not get 6-0'd by Magmortar. 2 protect mons for scouting (Seismitoad checks sets that don't run HP grass). And there is also Aerodactyl that only has trouble with scarf (Thunderbolt only OHKOs after rocks or chip). Like I said, my team is all about synergy to take down as many threats as possible. Rain does beat it most of the time though, heheh whoops.

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Congrats to Adam the First for winning Week 27!
Round #28: Togedemaru

Here's a Pokemon that everyone seems to enjoy! I know it's been done before, but I think it's been starting to run Choice Scarf more so than SpDef now, so there will be different teams to come out of this.
Deadline for submissions is (3 / 8 / 19)
Have fun :toast:!​

Last edited:

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

This is a fun offensive team that I created based around Hitmonlee. Togedemaru was a mon I wanted to use, since it was the only relevant scarfer that had access to u-turn and did not stack weaknesses. Togedemaru also provided a nice combo with Lee since it provided a solid check to Comfey. Weezing was added to provide Toxic-Spike support and a solid fighting resist that could also deal with Steelix and Klingklang (since I decided to run Flamethrower). Miltank is the designated rocker in the team that can also deal with Mega Glalie and is a great physical check to the tier. Sneasel provides a solid check to ghost and psychic type pokemon that can become an annoyance to the team and especially to Hitmonlee while also providing priority in Ice Shard. Finally Sceptile provides the team a fast special attacker that can check most Slowbros.

Certified by ladder:

Replay

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Glare

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Darkest Lariat
- Swords Dance

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Toxic
- Protect

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 180 HP / 96 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Return

I built this team around sneasel because I don’t really see it very often anymore and I like priority ice shard for Vivillon. I don’t think it’s worth it to try using a rocker that can’t get em up vs Xatu and depend on Sneasel pursuit trapping Xatu, which is why I opted for Druddigon. Rocky helmet Druddigon switches into Incineroar which gets nice chip on it so Sneasel can have more fun. I’ve been getting wrecked by Accelgor lately so I chose Comfey which can switch in pretty easily and still give some offensive pressure. I went with Incinium Z Incineroar on this team because it’s a really good knock off absorber, especially useful when scouting with protect on Xatu. Lastly on the team I have Togedemaru which gives me a volt switch absorber and scarfer capable of outspeeding Accelgor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)