Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
approved by Eternally
adapted from banned user DurzaOffTopic
banner by me :)

Untitled-5.png

Welcome to my wacky and fun Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Team Building Competition! This competition encourages players and builders to create a team around a Pokemon that of my choosing (or by the suggestion of others). The premise of the competition is that players have five days to build and submit their teams. If other users have suggestions for other users' teams, don't be afraid to give them in this thread! Just remember to not be a dick essentially, and give constructive criticism. After the five days are up, users will have 2 days to vote for the best team. The winner of the best-voted team will be submitted into the Hall of Fame! I hope you all have fun reading this competition, and if you want to, you must follow these simple rules!
  1. Don't be an idiot
  2. Don't copy teams
  3. Follow the format
  4. You can work with other people if you like, however, you must provide credit to all the builders that worked on the team (bonus points if you colour code who did what)
  5. In voting, please don't ask for other people to vote for you, and only vote for one team (other than your own if you participated)
If you follow these rules, success will follow! As you can see, I mentioned a format. Thanks to banned user DurzaOffTopic™, I have a team from November (lol) made by cute user neomon! Here's the format you must follow:

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpD / 212 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Granbull @ Normalium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 8 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Specs Guzzlord acts as the generic wallbreaker, whilst providing a great check to slowbro and other grass/water/fire types like houndoom, slowking or rotom mow. Cryogonal serves the purpose of spinning whilst giving a more reliable check to grass types with recovery, and a badly needed ice resist, for the likes of Vanilluxe. Rhydon was added as an answer to Sub Bulk Up Braviary adn Stealth rock support. This construct still had severe problems with sneasel and other fighting types, which is why Granbull was added. SD Samurott can serve as a good late game cleaner or as a solid mid game breaker. Scarf Delphox was added to patch up speed control issues and potential Barbaracle weakness.

Definitely not the best team, but the great example portion still stands! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Have fun!

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 1: Comfey!

Picked this Pokemon because I think it's extremely underrated, and captures the theme of Alola. Have fun!
Deadline is Saturday (5 / 2 / 18)
Have fun! :toast:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Right, so I made this team a while ago, fixed it up a bit recently, and have been having decent success with it. Calm Mind Comfey is top 2 setup sweepers and is also very annoying for teams to deal with late-game once Pokemon like Golbat have been removed. I wanted to use it on a more hazard-focused team, since forced chip damage gives team an even harder time against Comfey, with Ferroseed being my main pick due to being a good check to Pokemon like non-Assault Vest Slowbro and non-Focus Blast Heliolisk. At first, it was Protect over Stealth Rock, though I ended up changing it to compress roles and stuff. Assault Vest Slowbro was up next to give the team a soft check to pretty much every special attacker and a way of luring in Steel- and opposing bulky Water-types. Slowbro and Ferroseed also made for a pretty solid defensive core. The higher Defense in comparison to Slowking was appreciated to give the team a better matchup versus things like Passimian. Speaking of, Choice Scarf Passimian gave the team a couple of things: speed control, a revenge killer, a bulky but powerful pivot, a decent offensive Dark check, Knock Off support, and a secondary method of dealing with Steel-types. Cryogonal was chosen to give the team a secondary specially bulky Pokemon as well as a form of entry hazard control that didn't compromise the team's own entry hazards. The EV spread guarantees that you live a Knock Off from Sneasel at full while still outspeeding Timid Vanilluxe, but that was mostly just a personal preference, that particular spread isn't 100% necessary when using the team. Finally, Incineroar gave the team a better matchup against bulkier builds as well as a check to opposing Incineroar, which is a nuisance for the team to play around.

e: messed up on ev spread

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1527873091149.png
1527873268445.png
1527873241388.png
1527873292661.png
1527873130902.png
1527873155234.png

Shiny comfey is the only comfey. Anyways the idea of the team was to build a solid bulky core that could support comfey to clean in the late game. The first partner the flower has is passimian and a really strange lure that destroys golbat. Since most passimian are choiced in some sort, Z rock provides a great lure, since knock into this move destroys golbat. This mon also provides the team a solid incineroar and . Next up I wanted a rocker, palossand provided this while also giving the team a better match up against sand. Comfey really apreciates hazard stacking so I decided to add accelgor that provides speed control and also spikes. Finally Vaporeon and steelvally form a solid defensive backbone and hazard control if its needed. Pretty fun team to use and with some fun sets.

Comfey @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock

Passimian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Receiver
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Comfey @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise

I used this in nupl, it's good.

Hi it's me, the late submitter with mismatching sprites! I'm posting this in a rush so it may not be as detailed as I'd like but bear with me.

Kicking off with Shiny Comfey (shoutout abejas), I've gone with an offense set. It can beat teams where their only answer is Steelix or Ferroseed (etc.), either the way their team is built or late game (+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Comfey Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Steelix: 294-346 (83 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ). Giga Drain gives it extra coverage and another +3 move.
Kling came next as they cover each other weakness' quite well. Kling can chip Steelix/Sweep once Comfey has hit it and provides another Wincon for the team. It also has no problems with Golbat which walls Comfey.
Torterra is my SR user and gives me an answer to Sand and an actual switch in to Steelix. SpD EVs help vs Whimsi/Helio/Diancie.
I added Scarf Passiman next to check Incineroar whilst giving me speed control, momentum and allowing me to chip/Knock poison types. Not much more really to say, it's the most common Scarfer I think.
Rotom was then added to give me hazard control, chip the incoming mandatory Incineroar on every team and keep momentum
Finally, Incineroar was chosen so I have an actual switch in to opposing Incineroar and gives me a good few resists and more momentum.

I was gonna say this was a quick brief write up but then I saw Eternally's post above mine (Shoutout Eternally, I steal a lot of his sets and I learn a lot off him).

Comfey @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Klinklang @ Electrium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Congratulations to Eternally for winning Round 1 with 8 votes :toast:! Now let's get on to Round 2!
Round 2: Sceptile!

Chose this Pokemon because Slide recommended it to me in the NU room. Also picked it because it is a very very underrated Pokemon in the current meta.
Deadline is Friday (6 / 8 / 18)
Have fun! :toast:

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Ok, this team was made more for fun than the other team, but I used it in NUL as well as against other people to some success, so w/e. Swords Dance Sceptile is less common than Sceptile as a whole, so I wanted to experiment with it and see how it was. It greatly the increased usage of bulky Water-types, mainly Assault Vest Slowbro and sand being as common and busted as it is. Right off the bat, ways of pressuring bulkier Pokemon like Steelix, Golbat, and Incineroar were paramount, and I figured to go with something that shared similar checks to Swords Dance Sceptile: Swords Dance Samurott. The two form a decent wallbreaking / setup spam core and pave the way for the other to sweep. Vikavolt gave the team a bulky pivot that also maintained offensive presence and could soft check potential threats like Passimian. Speaking of, Choice Scarf Passimian was up next because this thing finds its way onto all of my teams somehow. Passimian and Vikavolt also gave the team a solid VoltTurn core, which was useful for maintaining momentum. Palossand gave the team a more solid Fighting check, a Ground check, a physical sponge, and Stealth Rock support. Finally, Silvally-Steel gave the team a switch-in against Pokemon like Vanilluxe and Whimsicott, hazard control, and a third method of generating momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)