USUM Sample Teams

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Sample teams are supposed to represent what a good team looks like that also shows what the current metagame is. If you just want teams in general, the UU Team Bazaar is the best place to look. The quality of these teams may be questionable, but there are a lot more of them.

The reason you keep seeing teams with pokemon that have been banned or have moved into OU is because thats the outdated section, hence the word outdated. Not trying to be rude, but the first post in the thread with the pokemon sprites and "importable" under them is the indicator that that's the sample team. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, and we'll be happy to help!
Yeah, I know that, I just don't see the point in keeping these old teams. But well, it's true that I didn't see that it was the Outdated section, my bad, i guess.
I just think that, even if it is outdated, some posts should be deleted, as they are useless, and can be confusing.
Some may think that the posts made after the famous first one you tell me about are good teams, but they are not "easy to handle" enough to be samples.
This is my case, and I find it frustrating to have lots of teams that are useless and not deleted, even if they are not samples (yes I know, I'm a little maniac ^^).
Nor do I want to be harsh in saying this, and I take your point very well, don't worry. It's just that when you type UU Samples Teams on the Internet, you come directly to this page, and it's frustrating to find yourself facing 40 teams, only 10 of which are usable, 3 of which are samples.
Besides, is there a non outdated version? If so, could you redirect me there?

Yeah, I know that, I just don't see the point in keeping these old teams. But well, it's true that I didn't see that it was the Outdated section, my bad, i guess.
I just think that, even if it is outdated, some posts should be deleted, as they are useless, and can be confusing.
Some may think that the posts made after the famous first one you tell me about are good teams, but they are not "easy to handle" enough to be samples.
This is my case, and I find it frustrating to have lots of teams that are useless and not deleted, even if they are not samples (yes I know, I'm a little maniac ^^).
Nor do I want to be harsh in saying this, and I take your point very well, don't worry. It's just that when you type UU Samples Teams on the Internet, you come directly to this page, and it's frustrating to find yourself facing 40 teams, only 10 of which are usable, 3 of which are samples.
Besides, is there a non outdated version? If so, could you redirect me there?
If you really want more teams and the 3 samples aren't enough, you can look in the UUPL team dump thread. There are a lot of teams built by some of the top tournament players. Now, some of these may not play as well on ladder because most of these teams were designed to counterteam other specific players, but in general these teams should suffice for you if you just want good teams. Hope this helps you

RoiDadadou

is a Pre-Contributor
If you really want more teams and the 3 samples aren't enough, you can look in the UUPL team dump thread. There are a lot of teams built by some of the top tournament players. Now, some of these may not play as well on ladder because most of these teams were designed to counterteam other specific players, but in general these teams should suffice for you if you just want good teams. Hope this helps you
Thx you for this.
I just hope at least some teams get removed from this thread, even if doesn't really matter, at least those with gliscor, because there's a ton of these.

Last edited:
Well, the outdatet teams are a nice way to reconstruct how the meta was with pokemon xyz still in the tier. I guess you can even say something about how good the pokemon was; that may be interesting in case people want a suspect to get it back in the tier.
Even if thats complete trash I just don’t get your point Why they should be removed. As long as people read the spoiler there will not be any problems.

RoiDadadou

is a Pre-Contributor
Well, the outdatet teams are a nice way to reconstruct how the meta was with pokemon xyz still in the tier. I guess you can even say something about how good the pokemon was; that may be interesting in case people want a suspect to get it back in the tier.
Even if thats complete trash I just don’t get your point Why they should be removed. As long as people read the spoiler there will not be any problems.
I'm just maniac, and i got tilted when I had to get to the bottom of the page to get a "non-banned pokemons" team xD

Hey Guys,
I am quite new to uu but can someone pls give me some Advice to improve this team?

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
Cobalion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 224 HP / 200 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Volt Switch
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey Guys,
I am quite new to uu but can someone pls give me some Advice to improve this team?

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
Cobalion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 224 HP / 200 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Volt Switch
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
This isn’t the place to ask for advice for teams. That would be here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sm-other-teams.410/?prefix_id=311. Remember to add descriptions for each Pokemon’s role on the team!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I was under the impression that Infernape was good in UU this gen, is that not really the case? I was surprised to look through the whole thread and only find it like twice.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I was under the impression that Infernape was good in UU this gen, is that not really the case? I was surprised to look through the whole thread and only find it like twice.
Infernape is good in UU actually, however you are looking at the wrong source here. Ape isn’t good on Hyper Offense, Semi-Stall and Stall, which are the current teams. In order to find out how good a Pokemon is, check the UU Viability Rankings (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-uu-viability-ranking-thread-v3.3641346/) and check its Smogon analysis (https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/infernape/).

Infernape is good in UU actually, however you are looking at the wrong source here. Ape isn’t good on Hyper Offense, Semi-Stall and Stall, which are the current teams. In order to find out how good a Pokemon is, check the UU Viability Rankings (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-uu-viability-ranking-thread-v3.3641346/) and check its Smogon analysis (https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/infernape/).
I see, thanks! I haven't really played since XY first came out so I'm not familiar at all with the meta anymore. I guess I should hold off on trying to make it work until I get more comfortable with some of these teams.

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer / Shadow Claw

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Latias (F) @ Psychium Z / Electrium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
This is a pretty straightforward Spikes HO I recently made which is pretty clean to use on the ladder. Froslass and Krookodile are well known in HO as Entry Hazards setters and both of them provide utility thanks to Taunt. SD LO Superpower Scizor is a nice Pokemon which benefits a lot from Hazard Stacking. Superpower allows it to overcome Steel-types such as Cobalion, Mega-Steelix or Mega-Aggron which is super useful for its teammates (Mimikyu / Mega-Sharpedo & Latias). SD Wood Hammer Mimikyu is an iffy set but it's pretty clean to lure Quagsire which then open doors for SD Scizor. Shadow Claw can also be used instead of Wood Hammer but I do not find this move really useful on Mimikyu and its overall a bad STAB because it lacks of power. Mega-Sharpedo is a true "must have" in Spikes HO because it really enjoys them. It also benefit quite a lot from its teammates which can weakened some of its checks. Last but not least there is a CM Latias. I mainly played this one with Z-Psyshock because I like this Z-Move since it allows Latias to pressure more effectively some Pokemon but Electrium Z is a rather effective option too overall. Enjoy it !

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dropping by to announce that Sage will be hosting the thread with me from now on. Expect more teams very soon!

Thank you so much to Ark for helping me host this so far; you've been the best partner I could've asked for and hosting with you has helped me to improve a lot :psyglad:.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Update

Reuniclus Bulky Offense by Amane Misa

I used this build against Lopunny kicks in UUPL to great success and I also feel like this is the best you can get with using Reuniclus right now. The idea behind the team is to slowly chip all of Reuniclus' counters with pivots and hazards; as for checks that aren't that hazards weak like Roost Scizor and Hydreigon, a boosted All-Out Pummeling takes care of those. Furthermore, Reuniclus has a very good matchup against stall teams that have Quagsire or physically defensive Pyukumuku because All-Out Pummeling does a good chunk to both.

Klefki and Mega Aerodactyl are the hazards setting core; Foul Play on Klefki helps with the Scizor matchup, so does Fire Fang on Mega Aerodactyl. Ice Fang on Mega Aerodactyl helps it set up hazards on Gligar, which beats Klefki. Furthermore, with Infernape, that revenge kills the likes of Mega Sharpedo, Scizor, and Mega Altaria, they pretty much make up for Reuniclus's bad Speed.

Hydreigon helps lure in Fairy-types like Sylveon and Mega Altaria that are annoying for this team to handle and it also pressures slower teams very well together with Reuniclus. Tentacruel is the hazard remover of the team and the Knock Off user. Its typing and Speed helps a lot with Scizor that would otherwise have a very good matchup against this team.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-440567

Mimikyu + Mega Sharpedo Hazards Stacking Hyper Offense by Adaam

The full RMT can be viewed here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mmq-spikes-hyper-offense.3653874/

Sand Bulky Offense by Sage

A pretty simple concept around using a Hippowdon + Mega Aerodactyl sand core, this is a solid bulky offense with adequate counterplay to most of what the meta has to offer. Tentacruel provides lots of utility with Knock Off, a check to dangerous Water-types like Primarina and Volcanion, and Rapid Spin. Celebi and Cobalion are the team's sweepers, with Celebi being geared towards slower builds and Cobalion able to run through offenses once they are weakened. Z-Leaf Storm Celebi packs a major punch and can get rid of checks like Hydreigon very easily once boosted, and it has Recover to continually be a threat in the Stall matchup. Cobalion is sporting a dual dance set that can attempt to boost and sweep once things like Latias have been weakened. A Shuca Berry lets it get a guaranteed setup on Krookodile when it's healthy, as well as potentially luring it for Celebi. Doublade finished up the squad with a sturdy Fighting resist , to make up for some of Cobalion's shortcomings as a Steel-type defensively, a secondary Scizor answer, and priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just as a little announcement, we're going to have basically a bulletin board in the OP of what kind of teams we are accepting currently, so be on the look out for that.

Currently Looking For: Bulky Offense, VoltTurn, Balance

Not Looking For: Hyper Offense, Stall

Mega Altaria Bulky Offense

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psychic
- Surf

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Crunch

A popular team that has seen usage in tournament play through my observations. This balance team with Mega Altaria is definitely one of my most favorites and was the team that gave me most success overall in this generation. Offensive Mega Altaria is and has always been a dangerous threat in the metagame, being one of the many reasons why steel types find so much usage in this tier. This build is mainly about supporting Mega Altaria and providing checks to some of its biggest checks, which at this point is quite obvious that even the presence Scizor creates careful play with Mega Altaria. One of Scizors best check in the tier is Coballion, resisting its priority moves and being 4x resistance to its Bug Bite/U-Turn. Although Coballion has seen some cases of struggling, it still fits this team very well as a Scizor/Steel type check and Rocks. Rotom Heat is also a secondary check to not only Scizor but also steel types in the tier. Rotom Heat is a useful pivot on a handful of UU Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Moltres, and can bring momentum with Volt Switch or Defog when needed. Amoonguss was a part of the team as well, which through my own play helped Chip down Scizor, Coballion, and be a solid counter to Mega Altaria, which without Amoonguss is a big threat. Specs Latias was added on to give some offensive presence, as the build so far is looking a bit passive. You can choose to run Z if you would like to, but Specs Latias has been really useful in versing Stall when it could catch Blissey on a Trick. Finally, Scarf Krookadile is there to be a revenge killer, especially for things like Latias and give some speed control.

Threat list:
Celebi can be a really annoying threat. It has incredible versatility so it could literally use Dazzling Gleam on that Latias. Krookadile with Crunch might not even do enough from full and will just get Giga Drain back up to nearly full. Otherwise, the team lacks sufficient checks to Celebi, thus making it an annoying threat to deal with.

Feraligatr is also a Pokemon that doesn't need much to break through this. Amoonguss might not even take a +1 Ice Punch after rocks and literally almost everything else on the team falls to Feraligatr. You need to keep Amoonguss healthy, and use Krookadile Intimidate to make this threat less brutal, but regardless will cause this team a lot of trouble. I would recommend sacrificing Krookadile by putting it in when Feraligatr immediately comes, as it neutralises the attack stat and Knock Off can get rid of the life Orb for Amoonguss to take the hit later on.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-971016681
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-948957011
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-940050865

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, I believe heattom malt BO is like a very solid archetype in this meta and there's no sample of said archetype. So I went into the LAB a few weeks ago or maybe a month or so ago, idk... and I came up with this fun to use, somewhat unique, and easy to grasp team that I will be submitting to hopefully be sampled in this post :O.

So, I wanted to start with tom + malt. P standard BO core for obvious reasons, oven is a pivot that gets malt in vs other dragons, checks scizor, checks moltres, etc. Tentacruel is naturally a very good mon with these two, it lets you run non-defog oven which is definitely ideal, while generally checking shit like Scizor, Infernape, etc. to take pressure off of both the oven and malt. Toxic Spikes + dd refresh alt is also an out vs stall. Scarf krook is here for standard scarf krook reasons, although I don't think it's general utility is super sought after on this team, if that sentence even makes sense... it's still great for the general elec immunity, speed control, pursuit support, ghost resist, etc. It's also the only scarfer that's really gonna fit super seamlessly here. The next slot is like superglue for this team, rocks necro is rlly nice here b/c it comes in on poison types that get tspikes off the field for free rocks or button clicking, it comes in on loose scalds, and is a direct breaker for the team with it's super nice coverage and high spa stat... keeps rocks up reliably, also blanket checks fighting types while healthy which is very nice for the team. Scizor is here as a guss "lure" w/ bug z to support malt, a pivot to form a voltturn core w/ heattom, and just as a general steel type offering steel type utility like checking lati.. also being able to revenge rak is rlly nice in unison with everything else on this team. Willowisp on oven helps a lot of matchups quite a lot, especially physical darks like Bisharp and Krookodile which can otherwise be tough. The 3 fighting resists work together very well to blanket check the plethora of fighting types in UU. I tried rocks mew > necro but honestly it was significantly worse, necro also serves as sort of a mew/celebi check, it's utility is very nice while also being a more direct breaker instead of spamming taunt n shit, which I think is valuable. This team is super comfy and seamless in practice and I think works very well. It also beats Volcanion pretty reliably I'd say Ark. Anyways, I've laddered with this team a lot and used it in tests a lot, I used it in majors pools, etc etc, huge fan of this team atm and believe It's sample worthy.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
o7 here with a BO that doesnt have malt
:sm/amoonguss: :sm/cobalion: :sm/krookodile: :sm/azelf: :sm/aerodactyl-mega: :sm/primarina:
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

Krookodile @ Figy Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt / Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azelf @ Adrenaline Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Jolly Nature
- Crunch / Ice Fang / Roost
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpA / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
This is a more creative BO imo, and is not too hard to pick up. The team was made for Lycans during UUPL but still works on ladder and helped Wigglytuff in majors. I based the team around Double Dance Cobalion, an underrated threat that can clean up unsuspecting teams. Azelf was my stallbreaker of choice, able to OHKO Quag and smack Blissey with Psyshock. Though metagame trends with SpDef Pyuku make this much harder. Adrenaline Orb makes Azelf rather useful in the offense match up, boosting up on Manectric and Krookodile. With Cobalion as my Steel-type, I needed sturdy flying, fairy and psychic resists bc lol. Amoonguss came to mind immediately with how well it can be as a general pivot and works well with Cobalion in covering enemy Scizor sets. Aerodactyl can pursuit broken Lati, which was mandatory since Azelf could not touch it. The team being generally Lati weak lead to the combination of Crunch and Pursuit on Aero, though Ice Fang > Crunch on Aerodactyl is an option too. Primarina rounds out the team as a fatmon that appreciates the breaking done by Azelf especially. Primarina also just has good synergy with Amoonguss in addition to be a Hydreigon counter. While I had three potential rockers at this point, I decided to have my last mon be a Rocks Krookodile. It could serve as a decent electric-immunity and take advantage of looking like scarf + rocks coba. Stone Edge also let it quickly remove Moltres for Double Dance Cobalion later, but Taunt works fine to help the fat mu. With Mew in the tier, it can function over Azelf as a NP user and Mew's natural bulk gives it more chances to set up. However, missing out on the 108 fightings etc isn't worth it imho.

1572482317170.png1572482649770.png1572482606658.png1572483092624.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)