Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixx

I'm back.
Hey, Felixx - I got creative, but not too creative, with a team built around Specs Jellicent. I hope you enjoy!

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Toxic

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 184 HP / 92 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hurricane

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy / Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Reversal / Toxic

You can pretty much tell looking at this team that I built this during Dodrio: The Meta™ when everyone was looking to abuse that, as I've included 3 Flying checks + Jellicent to cause Jump Kick recoil + Aftermath and Iron Barbs. That's a lot of prep for Dodrio, sure, but the star of this team is really Jellicent here. The team is built in such a way that its barriers to breaking are handled competently, as I've got Oricorio-E handling Grass-types that are bothersome to Jellicent like Lilligant, Bellossom, Roselia, etc. Togedemaru is excellent in bringing out the Pokemon that Jellicent is made to break too, like Mudsdale, Aggron, Weezing, Sableye, Quagsire, and more. Pokemon like Oricorio-E, Togedemaru, and Skuntank are great to have alongside Jellicent in general, as they offer solid resistances to Jellicent's weaknesses. Defensively, Jellicent does a lot for this team in return, as it checks Alolan Sandslash via its typing, which would be really threatening here otherwise, and its ability supports both Regirock and Claydol. IMO, every team in this meta ought to have Water and Ghost resists for causing 50/50's against other Jellicent, and you see that here with this combination of Jellicent and Skuntank. Claydol keeps Jellicent at high HP by removing entry hazards for it, so that Water Spout's damage output is kept as high as possible.

Claydol is a rather niche pick in this meta, but I think it works well here, especially in tandem with Togedemaru and Skuntank. It functions as a hard stop to this meta's iteration of Hitmonchan, given that most are carrying Thunder Punch now (as super effective coverage for Qwilfish, Jellicent, and Oricorio-Sensu), as well as a nice check to prominent physically offensive threats like Aggron, Lycanroc, Gurdurr, and more. By removing these threats, Claydol's presence here allows Skuntank and Togedemaru to clean effectively late-game. I'm running Claydol a bit differently too, as I'm using invested Shadow Ball as a tech for hitting common Rapid Spin switch-ins, so that Pokemon like Froslass and Jellicent are too pressured to do what they want, i.e. setting up Spikes or wallbreaking, respectively. Claydol's utility as a Volt stop can be handy against Togedemaru when that locks into Zing Zap, slower Lanturn clicking Volt Switch, and the occasional Specs/Scarf Manectric, but that's about it.

Given Jellicent is run offensively, the team can struggle a bit with that standard Hail core of Alolan Sandslash + Aurorus when Jellicent's been worn down sufficiently, so Regirock is running Drain Punch here to help check them. Not only does Drain Punch with the given investment allow Regirock to OHKO Aurorus (24 Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aurorus: 292-344 (75.4 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock), but it also helps when you're forced to stay in when Stoutland uses Superpower or against Steel-types like Aggron. 24 Atk Drain Punch to Stoutland after a Superpower drop recovers roughly 25% HP, while 2 Adamant CB Superpowers (drop in Attack factored in) can only 2HKO Regirock assuming Spikes/Stealth Rock are in play. Regirock is pretty standard otherwise, as it's here to answer potent threats like Dodrio, Stoutland, Skuntank, etc. and weaken its switch-ins with either Toxic or Stealth Rock. It shares awesome type synergy with its teammates here, so I won't go into the basics too much, but it just fits really well and allows Pokemon pressured by Skuntank, Dodrio, Scyther, Stoutland, etc. like Claydol and Jellicent to really shine.

Like Regirock, Skuntank is mostly just glue here, as it keeps Jellicent close to max HP by removing Toxic Spikes, breaks down Togedemaru's defensive answers (ex. Mudsdale, Quagsire, Sableye) via a combination of Taunt and Toxic, and its defensive answers are covered nicely by Oricorio-E, Jellicent, and Claydol. Consequently, it's often poised to clean late-game with its STAB Sucker Punch. It also applies a lot of pressure to Pokemon like Shiftry and Haunter, which are admittedly annoying threats for this team to handle.

Oricorio-E is awesome for luring and breaking Jellicent's, Togedemaru's, and Skuntank's checks. Specifically, its unboosted Hidden Power Ground scores a surprise OHKO on Aggron and Togedemaru (92 SpA Oricorio-Pom-Pom Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 284-336 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO), and its Calm Mind-boosted Hidden Power Ground breaks down threats like Lanturn and other slowing Flying resists, allowing Oricorio-E itself to break whatever it needs with Z Hurricane. Luring Togedemaru and Aggron or breaking down stuff like Lanturn is huge in removing offensive pressure from the team by limiting 50/50's against Lanturn, removing Volt stops so that Togedemaru can clean, while really limiting Aggron's ability to break something here. Oricorio-E pulls triple duty in checking Grass-types like Lilligant, Fighting-types like Gurdurr, and is the team's wincon against more defensively-inclined teams.

Togedemaru rounds out the team with some much needed Speed control, and is fast enough for potent threats like Modest Ludicolo in Rain, SS Omastar, +1 Lilligant, Alolan Raichu, Lycanroc (when high HP), etc. U-turn is pivotal (ha) in creating opportunities for Jellicent to break Togedemaru's switch-ins, and so you'll be clicking that a fair bit unless you're fighting something like RH Weezing, in which case you'll just double to Jellicent. Togedemaru is running Reversal here as a tech for other Togedemaru and Aggron, which lessens that defensive burden on Claydol so that it's in a better position to clear entry hazards. But, if you do not run Reversal on Togedemaru, at least run Iron Barbs for things like opposing Togedemaru, Dodrio, Mesprit, and the occasional Scyther.

As far as weaknesses go, strong Dark-types like Alolan Raticate, Absol, and to a lesser extent, Shiftry destroy this sort of comp when you have Skuntank as your Dark resist. Breakers like Exeggutor-A are also strong against this configuration, as you can see in the replay below. Lastly, I think traditional Hail cores pose a threat to this team if you're outplayed, but it won't be an automatic loss by any means given most of your Pokemon here check Modest Aurorus and you've got Jellicent for Alolan Sandslash.

replay vs LordST: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-826883439
It might of took a while but thanks for the team! And I appreciate the full length descriptions too, really helps me understand the team much better.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to apologise for the Lab being outdated and it haven taken too long to get requests out, that responsibility falls on me. Life has been very busy and, by my overall departure from PU, I think it's fair to say I've been behind on a lot. With HJAD as the new owner I'm certain he'll keep it up to date.

Ok fellas ive done a full analysis on who hasn't recieved their requests:
InfernoDragon => Lead Froslass Offense
Lt. Surge07 => Poli+Alolachu Team
LaxAttax => Drampa+Mes+Toge
AquaticPanic => Snatch Absol (2xTheTap already has a build ready to post so standby, you may still request smth new)
okay guys your teams haven't been completed in any reasonable timeframe, so i'll let u guys decide if u want us to continue building these teams within the specifications of the current metagame (consider that your request may have come from an old meta where these things may have been the rage but now arent). I'll give you guys the opportunity to change ur selection if you have a new idea you want us to build around, just send me a PM and ill notify the teambuilding lab builders as soon as possible, you guys will get our full priority! Sorry for the delay, yogi sucks.
As for Wugus and BurmaAlex you guys will also get your teams soon!

I'll further add to this post by saying if you are interested with becoming a teambuilding lab member, please message me as soon as you see this. I will be much more liberal with who gets on the lab, as long as either you have a proven trackrecord of getting wins in tournament settings or can show me a strong portfolio of current meta PU builds. So yeah, hit me up.

Last edited:
Id like a team built around this mon:
Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry / Frost Breath
- Hurricane
- Substitute / Hidden Power Fighting
- Roost

I would prefer BO or Balence with it, but just use whatever archetype you think fits best with it. Thanks!

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Block
- Liquidation

OR

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Hello PU teambuilders, I'm looking for a team built around trapper carracosta. I love the idea of trappers and this is a unique one. There are two variants of the set included; the builder can choose whichever seems better. Both came from the next best thing project so this isn't totally crazy.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
First of all... Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the Teambuilding Team, after insisting a bit to help making the thread more active. I spend 80% of my time on showdown building teams that I often use once and then forget they exist, so I will try to help as much as I can people who need help building around certain mons ; I've tried to build around almost every possible PU mon and set, so I'm quite happy to share my experience about unsets/underrated mons. And sorry in advance for my english!

For OrangeGuru !!

The set I recommend, and why:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Defensive costa is a bad mon, let's be honest. There's like no reason not to use regirock, but with whirlpool, it can actually get rocks up vs stall teams using physically defensive altaria and maybe claydol with refresh, which usually can take on regirock easily, by toxicing it and switchin out, activating natural cure, and then coming back to stall it out (altaria), while claydol doesn't care at all about regirock which can't touch it (especially when they have refresh). Also whirlpool will punish a quagsire/pyuku attempting to stay in just to get a toxic off on costa and then switch out: whirlpool will make the difference.

The spread allows u to switch into defensive freeze dry cuno and not be 2hko'ed even if ur oppo set up rocks, and outspeeds quagsire.

The team

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Crunch

EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Explanation:

When you use a bad set, you have first to figure out Why you would use it: what is carracosta's niche as a bulky trapper? I already explained it above. So now, the question is: what teammates can take advantage of a bulky stealth rock user, which is able to pressure stall? Gurdurr of course! Gurdurr is a ridiculously good mon, but struggles a lot vs stall (read; is deadweight). But Costa luring quagsire in and toxicing it makes it easier for gurdurr to sweep. If u had a regirock, ur oppo would never bring quagsire in.

Then comes skuntank: the best PU mon (imo), and when you build a team, you should ask yourself : is there a reason not to use skuntank? With a gurdurr, this question becomes irrelevant: gurd+skunk is probably one of the best cores in the tier. Helmet helps u deal with mesprit a lot more easily, while pursuit+sucker+aftermath+helmet is a "everything check". it also absorbs toxicspikes. So now you have got a really solid Pu core: gurdurr+mesprit trapper+flying check.

Oof. Carracosta is weak af to gurdurr and ground types! Skuntank won't be enough to stop a lilligant too! So we add an oricorio pompom, brings speed control to the team, power, and is just good in the current meta. 16 spatk evs =OHKO on aggron after rocks. Just a nice tech.

Now we have everything we need: a rocker able to lure and pressure stall mons, two winconditions, and skunk the god. What are the weaknesses of these 4 mons? Electric moves: raichu, eelektross, zing zap can be very annoying, and voltswitches from lanturn/mane too. We also need a water resist. Honestly, silvally dragon just fits in here perfectly! Don't underestimate its offensive presence, even though it is mainly used because of its typing, speed, and power+support moves.

Finally, given that the team relies too much on pompom to beat opposing gurdurrs, and is a bit slow (fastest mon is silvally), choice scarf mesprit enters the team, and forms the famous gurdurr/mesprit/skuntank core! it also checks omastar, dodrio, and may late game clean. Healing wish is also amazing!

Final note: you can use defog on skunk and use 3 attacks silvally, but defog vally is just its best set (free defog and draco on qwilfish).

If you have any questions about the team, feel free to PM me! HF !

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Ok double posting, but since the requests are old idt anyone will blame me for doing this.

LaxAttax , you wanted Mesp+Toge+Drampa. It's the core I myself posted in the PU good cores thread, but it was during the ferroclef+pyroar meta, where drampa was much better. Now, with mudsdale being a toptier threat, using eggy-A is usually better: it also has a ridiculously good set being Z-dracometeor+ trickroom which can fit in many teams.

I experimented a lot with drampa+toge+mesp some months ago. It does some things better than eggy:
-hitting audino and articuno harder because of higher spatk+better coverage moves (focus blast+fireblast). With just some chip damage, focusblast will just KO audino.
-not being skuntank weak
-other stuff like tanking icebeam from lanturn, not being KO'ed by oricorios, etc

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Articuno: 260-306 (67.8 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Articuno Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Drampa: 156-186 (47.1 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 350-414 (85.5 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 372-438 (106.8 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Skuntank Poison Jab vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Drampa: 132-156 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- 36.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Way more reliable than eggy-A at wallbreaking as u can see.

But that list is enough for me: let's focus on drampa being able to dismantle stall without requiring hazard support, and able to get free draco's everytime mesprit uturns on skunk (if u try to do it with eggy u just get poison jabbed). I made the team super offensive, because drampa being too slow and without much defensive utility, so u want to click one or two dracos, sack drampa and bring other winconditions, sweepers here:

The Team

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Sky Plate
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Swords Dance

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Explanation

Ok so Basically, the goal is to take advantage of the momentum generated by mesprit and scarf toge (which both synergize very well together). people will then have to choose: switch skunk into mesprit to weaken it/defog (bc they have a gurdurr for example) and let drampa switch in for free and get a KO (nothing can tank a draco from drampa in 99% of PU teams). Since this team is super aggressive (I would call it HO), drampa works better than eggy: less weak to skunk, oricorios, lanturn's icebeam, random uturns..... It also can destroy stall on its own, with the help of healing wish+uturn support.

The team being a bit slow, I added dodrio, which really loves being paired with an electric resist+special wallbreaker. Fitting dodrio in a PU team is harder than u would expect, so this was a good occasion to do so. It also soft checks fighting types, which are annoying for toge and drampa.

Then, we bring more speed, more support, and a nice froslass check: Alolan persian! here is a set I've been using a lot and actually works, it is matchup dependant: sometimes u can sweep with it, sometimes u can't but u can still check stuff like dodrio, lycanrock, froslass, and provide parting shot support for drampa! Once drampa knocks out spdef tanks, persian can really go ham. I think now u start to get it: Mesprit+drampa provide bulk+pivotal/free kills, and then u take advantage of this with fast sweepers, while still retaining synergy.

Last mon now: what could be a good pick? 1) We need one more fighting resist 2) the team autoloses to alolan sandslash. Look no further, jellicent is the right pick! I'm not a big fan of specs jelli, quite unreliable, and seems a bit pointless with a specs drampa. You can sure use it, but I chose another gimmick set, which seems to work in this team (don't use bulky wisp recover in offense, its too passive). OTR jellicent checks fighting types+sandslash-A, and seems like a fun wincon here. I didn't lower its speed, since you might need it without TR up (to check gurdurr for example).

I hope the explanation is clear enough, I have tested all the sets, now I let you have your own opinion about the team. Building with drampa isn't very easy, so I hope this will be fine!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I probably won't be active for like a week (Christmas and Showdown don't share any synergy :/ ). HF !

PS: Lt. Surge07 I think you know me pretty well. I've faced you many times on the ladder, your eggy-raichu teams are really fine, I think you could PM your current version to any Teambuilder if you really want to have it improved. If you just want something new, forget about what you just read. Also the thread will probably not be more active in the coming week(s) (Christmas), that's why I wanted to post a few teams before taking a little smogon Break. Ciao!

Last edited:
First of all... Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the Teambuilding Team, after insisting a bit to help making the thread more active. I spend 80% of my time on showdown building teams that I often use once and then forget they exist, so I will try to help as much as I can people who need help building around certain mons ; I've tried to build around almost every possible PU mon and set, so I'm quite happy to share my experience about unsets/underrated mons. And sorry in advance for my english!

For OrangeGuru !!

The set I recommend, and why:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Defensive costa is a bad mon, let's be honest. There's like no reason not to use regirock, but with whirlpool, it can actually get rocks up vs stall teams using physically defensive altaria and maybe claydol with refresh, which usually can take on regirock easily, by toxicing it and switchin out, activating natural cure, and then coming back to stall it out (altaria), while claydol doesn't care at all about regirock which can't touch it (especially when they have refresh). Also whirlpool will punish a quagsire/pyuku attempting to stay in just to get a toxic off on costa and then switch out: whirlpool will make the difference.

The spread allows u to switch into defensive freeze dry cuno and not be 2hko'ed even if ur oppo set up rocks, and outspeeds quagsire.

The team

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Crunch

EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Explanation:

When you use a bad set, you have first to figure out Why you would use it: what is carracosta's niche as a bulky trapper? I already explained it above. So now, the question is: what teammates can take advantage of a bulky stealth rock user, which is able to pressure stall? Gurdurr of course! Gurdurr is a ridiculously good mon, but struggles a lot vs stall (read; is deadweight). But Costa luring quagsire in and toxicing it makes it easier for gurdurr to sweep. If u had a regirock, ur oppo would never bring quagsire in.

Then comes skuntank: the best PU mon (imo), and when you build a team, you should ask yourself : is there a reason not to use skuntank? With a gurdurr, this question becomes irrelevant: gurd+skunk is probably one of the best cores in the tier. Helmet helps u deal with mesprit a lot more easily, while pursuit+sucker+aftermath+helmet is a "everything check". it also absorbs toxicspikes. So now you have got a really solid Pu core: gurdurr+mesprit trapper+flying check.

Oof. Carracosta is weak af to gurdurr and ground types! Skuntank won't be enough to stop a lilligant too! So we add an oricorio pompom, brings speed control to the team, power, and is just good in the current meta. 16 spatk evs =OHKO on aggron after rocks. Just a nice tech.

Now we have everything we need: a rocker able to lure and pressure stall mons, two winconditions, and skunk the god. What are the weaknesses of these 4 mons? Electric moves: raichu, eelektross, zing zap can be very annoying, and voltswitches from lanturn/mane too. We also need a water resist. Honestly, silvally dragon just fits in here perfectly! Don't underestimate its offensive presence, even though it is mainly used because of its typing, speed, and power+support moves.

Finally, given that the team relies too much on pompom to beat opposing gurdurrs, and is a bit slow (fastest mon is silvally), choice scarf mesprit enters the team, and forms the famous gurdurr/mesprit/skuntank core! it also checks omastar, dodrio, and may late game clean. Healing wish is also amazing!

Final note: you can use defog on skunk and use 3 attacks silvally, but defog vally is just its best set (free defog and draco on qwilfish).

If you have any questions about the team, feel free to PM me! HF !
Team looks sweet man! I've always really respected your unique builds so I'm looking forward to testing this once my own vacation ends in a few days!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
j0gurt not even gonna lie this is literally just the offensive cuno team I brought vs TJ for circuit playoffs (except a different Pom-Pom set), but it was handy and fits your criteria so we're kinda just defaulting to what I already had.
Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Roost

Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Throat Chop / Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
QD Bellossom is what I decided to partner with cuno because... idk really, it was just what I felt like using. The two do some work together though, cuno can soften up Steel-types like Alolaslash and whatnot so the core does make sense. Costa as the rocker could definitely be Regirock, but Rock Slide Mudsdale is quite annoying and simply having Aqua Jet makes matchups like Simisear and Combusken far more doable so there's that. Hitmonchan is the obligatory secondary removal, and then Pom-Pom makes the team kinda bird spam out of nowhere but it's really more here for its defensive capabilities. Vs. TJ I used defensive Defog Pom-Pom, but this is actually better and can still Taunt Regirock or w/e quite frequently. Scarf Skunk finishes the team since Speed control and a Psychic resist were kind of lacking. Overall it's definitely a weird balance, but I think you get as much mileage out of the weirdness of Cuno+Bellossom as you lose from how weird everything else is. Enjoy!

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi I'm the newest edition to the squad, so here's your not at all late team Lt. Surge07! Also I didn't realize you added Alolan Exeggutor to the core at first so there's two teams, woops.

Team 1:
Raichu-Alola @ Psychium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Toxic
- Vacuum Wave

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Sandslash-Alola @ Occa Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Destiny Bond
The team you asked for was Encore Nasty Plot Alolan Raichu + Special Poliwrath, but like I said I built it and wrote this before finding out about the add on of Alolan Exeggutor, but I'll still post it. I decided to go with Psychium Z, my personal favorite item, to help against Pokemon like Alolan Exeggutor. The rest of the set was pretty common, althought you could run Psychic over Psyshock if you wanna hit Gurdurr harder without the use of your Z-move. Poliwrath was also pretty standard. The most notable thing is that it originally had Ice Beam over Vacuum Wave, but it was later suggested to me that I change it to help against my matchup against hail, not to mention I already had a decent offensive matchup vs Alolan Exeggutor, assuming it doesn't get a Trick Room up. The first mon I added was Skuntank, which helps against three of the weaknesses of the core in Psychic-, Ghost-, and Grass-types. Similar to Poliwrath, it was originally a different set, physical Defog, but was changed when Specially Defensive Alolan Sandslash was added. It was originally Lilligant, but changed to Alolan Sandslash much later on for another way to help against Hail. I decided to put Occa Berry on it to help against Alolan Exeggutor under Trick Room, but it's pretty nichey and can easily be changed back to Leftovers if you want. Similarly, Knock Off is meant to help against Scarf users that otherwise outspeed Alolan Raichu. If you want, you can change Skuntank back to physical Defog and make Alolan Sandslash offensive, although I prefer the stronger Pursuit to help with threats to Alolan Raichu like Scarf Mesprit and Haunter. The team did not like Togedemaru and lacked Stealth Rock, so Mudsdale was next. It also serves as a solid physical wall and goes well alongside Specially Defensive Alolan Sandslash. Finally, I need a Choice Scarf user. I honestly had no idea what Scarfer to put in this slot, but eventually decided on Haunter to ease up on the Lilligant matchup (this was before Alolan Sandslash was added). It is able to lure in opposing Skuntanks and hit them with Hidden Power Ground, or just take out other threats to Alolan Raichu with Destiny Bond.

The general goal of this team is to allow Alolan Raichu to sweep late-game, meaning the rest of the team has to take out its threats. As I said in the last paragraph, Skuntank can Pursuit trap foes, Alolan Sandslash can remove Choice Scarfs, and Haunter can lure Skuntanks in and hit them with Hidden Power Ground and take a threat out with Destiny Bond. Poliwrath and Mudsdale are there for more bulky support roles meant to wear down foes with Toxic and Stealth Rock and whatnot, although do also help against certain threats to Alolan Raichu like Alolan Dugtrio and Togedemaru.

Team 2:
Raichu-Alola @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Sandslash-Alola @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
The Alolan Raichu + Poliwrath core is pretty much te same here as it was above, so no need to cover that again. The only different is that Poliwrath is running Ice Beam to pressure Alolan Exeggutor, although you can still run Vacuum Wave if you want the priority for hitting things like Togedemaru. I found out you wanted an Alolan Exeggutor on the team, so I naturally added that next. I decided to go Choice Specs since the team could use a strong wallbreaker. The rest of the team I was scrambling through different combinations, switching between getting bopped by Stoutland, Trick Room Alolan Exeggutor, ect. I eventually settled on these three. Alolan Sandslash serves as the answer for Hail teams and provides Stealth Rock. Skuntank is the Defogger and helps against Psychic- and Ghost-types, notably being able to Pursuit trap them. If you don't feel that you need Pursuit, you can also go Sucker Punch for priority, but that means there's less support for Alolan Raichu. Finally, Scyther is the Choice Scarf mon, providing both momentum and Knock Off for Choice Scarf users that threaten Alolan Raichu. It also helps against Fighting-types, since otherwise the only resistance is Alolan Raichu, which isn't the best situation.

Also similar to the other team, the goal of this team is to take out threats to Alolan Raichu so it can set up and sweeper late game. Skuntank can Pursuit trap mons like Choice Scarf mesprit, which may try to revenge kill Alolan Raichu. Scyther's Knock Off also helps against Choice Scarf mons. Scyther also helps to outspeed and wear down threats to the team like Togedemaru. Poliwrath helps wear down other threats like Skuntank, and Alolan Sandslash furthers this by wearing things down with Stealth Rock. Alolan Exeggutor just sits there and does its thing, breaking through Pokemon like Mudsdale.

So yeah, here's your the team(s) Sorry about the mixup with the Alolan Exeggutor team, but I still hope you enjoy at least one of these teams. Happy New Year and stuff!

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there Wugus sorry that your request took so long and I hope the team I built for you was worth the wait.

Combusken @ Firium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Crabominable @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Punch

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

So when it came to building with Combusken, I knew that some added support was going to be needed as Combusken is more of a late game sweeper and needed some way to be brought in safely. I went with SD variant over special as being able to have some way to boost the power of Combusken's attacks greatly benefitted it in the late game and I felt the NP Simisear was better at being a special attacking Fire type due to getting Nasty Plot. Now on to the rest of the team. First thing I added was Pom-Pom as it provided a Lilligant check, a response to Gurdurr, a means to chip down Togedemaru with Rocky Helmet, and a way to weaken Pokemon that can give Combusken problems like Weezing with Hurricane and. HP Fighting is here to deal with A-Sandslash and maintain coverage against stuff like Togedemaru, Aggron, and Aurorus. Next mon I added was Mudsdale as it provided the team with Stealth Rock, and electric immunity, and a switchin to stuff like Stoutland and Kangaskhan. Rock Slide is here to hit Flying types like Oricorio and Dodrio so they don't get free setup oppurtunities. Scarf Togedemaru was then added for some needed speed as the team was slow in nature and Togedemaru is nice here as it pressure Jellicent which walls Combusken with Zing Zap while also providing some momentum for Combusken with U-Turn. The team was looking weak to special attackers and I wanted something bulky to take those hits better, so I added AV Crabominable. This provides the team with a switchin to stuff like Aurorus and can check A-Exeggutor at full HP, and OHKO both with Drain Punch and Ice Hammer respectively. Stone Edge hits Froslass and Articuno harder while Thunder Punch helps weaken Jellicent for Combusken to sweep late game. Lastly, the team needed a Water resist and originally I did have Shiftry in this slot which acts as a Water resist while also being a Psychic immunity and hazard remover with Defog, but I instead opted to go Silvally-Water. Silvally-Water checks stuff like Omastar and Jellicent while also acting as a defogger, using Parting Shot for momentum to make it easier for Combusken to setup, and a way to further weaken Jellicent with Thunderbolt. The speed on Silvally is enough to outspeed max Speed Qwilfish so you can either Defog away any Spikes Qwilfish laid down before it Taunts Silvally, or you can bop it with Thunderbolt if it's in range. As the team has no Dark-type or Normal-type, Specs Jellicent and offensive variants of Mesprit can be annoying, but can be played around. Enjoy the team!

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
Hey guys, i started to play PU Meta a few days ago and i really struggled to build a strong team. After hours of Building and Testing Pkm i think I found a good Team i could share with you. Suggestions are welcome :)

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Destiny Bond

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Whiscash @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Bounce

So let me know what you guys think about it :)
Hello there!
You haven't read the rules, have you? here you can post a core of two pokémons, and the Teambuilder team will build a team for you. The goal is for you to see how experienced PU players build teams, not to have your team improved. If you need help for changing sets or any kind of advice, ask people in the Showdown! PU room, or in the Pu discord.

Hello I got a request for you all.

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics​

I’m requesting a team built around Swords Dance Strength Sap Jumpluff, a set that has intrigued me for quite some time. Jumpluff is able to function as a decent late game cleaner with its fast Speed in tandem with Strength Sap and Swords Dance to add to its offense while also weakening any blows. Sleep Powder that bypasses Sub is also a boon in some very specific situations. I’ve tried to build a team around this but I’ve lost my direction that I wanted to go with it multiple times. I’d prefer Bulky Offense or Balance but you can go with another archetype if you see fit. Thanks in advance!​

Last edited:
Uhh... hello

I'm very much a beginner when it comes to PU, in all honesty getting into any new battle format can be challenging, especially coming off of a haitus as long as I've been on, but this community seems pretty friendly. I was wondering if someone would help me build a team to help me get off on the right foot.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

With that in mind, I'd like to request a team that features SD Pawniard. I can't say i know the meta of PU well enough to know this for sure, but one thing i do know is that i really loved to use Bisharp, and this little guy seems to fill the same role, on a much smaller scale than it's evolved form. He hits hard, punches holes in teams, scares hazard removal from defogers, and leaves opportunities for possible cleaners to come in later to finish the job. I don't really have a preferred play style yet, I've pretty much played most types of common play styles, but not in PU before. With that in mind, please be creative, but i'd prefer the team to be just a little bit more beginner friendly if at all possible. Thank you very much :)

Ktütverde

of course
Hi Eidolon Stratagem !

I was a big fan of pawn HO when I started playing PU, even though I quickly realised it kinda sucked. Aggron is generally better: more bulk, more power, not walled by gurdurr... However pawn has access to knock, suckerpunch, and pursuit. Ever heard of AV bisharp in ORAS OU? welp, I would say "AV" pawn is its best set: ofc, it will be using eviolite, but the goal is the same. Support pawn provides great utility (counters defensive mesprit and standard skunk), becomes able to KO most stuff that doesnt resist dark if someone defogs on it, and can just knock+pursuit stuff. I've tested the SD set for days, and it just doesnt put in work, sadly. But don't worry, here is the result of a lot of pawniard testing!

Costapawn HO

What I always use with pawniard is carracosta: not only does pawn knock gurdurr/quagsire to support costa, but it also traps scarf mesprit which is a really solid check to SS costa (psychic just kills after SS, and AJ doesnt do that much). Also they both have priority which is quite cool for HO. Really nice core. Also pawn knocks poliwrath's leftovers which helps carracosta a lot.
See how useful pawn is : it gets hard countered by gurdurr/poli/quagsire, but thats fine, because it means they will be sent on the koff and....

Calcs vs itemless pokemons:
0 SpA Life Orb Carracosta Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Life Orb Carracosta Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gurdurr: 230-270 (61.4 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Not gonna lie, it took me half a second to choose the 3rd and 4th mons: mesprit is mesprit, why wouldnt u use it in offense, provides rocks+solid fighting check to the team; froslass sets spikes up and spinblocks/checks primeape, a lot of role compression here. Spikes are kinda mandatory in a team with slow mons using priority too.

Finally, the great spdef tank/late game cleaner/spinner of PU, hitmonchan! hitmonspikes is just good in general, and chan allows u to stop Hail/Rain team sweepers, check lilligant and omastar, and clean games with the 3rd prio move in the team, machpunch. I chose thunderpunch because the other team members dont switch into jellicent very well, but throat chop is perfectly usable in tandem with pawniard to break past froslass and mesprit very quickly.

Full atk was recommended by 2xTheTap to 2hko jelli after rocks:
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jellicent: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
The team being super offensive, full atk machpunch might come in handy too.

Raichu was a pretty obvious choice for the last slot (to me at least): the 5 other members pressure skuntank a lot and destroy most offense builds, while being relatively slow and relying on prio. So raichu makes up for the lack of speed, deals with stall/fat balance teams which can be troublesome for carracosta and pawn, while checking fighting types attempting to stop costa, pawn and chan to a lesser extent.

I'm used to making short descriptions, if you haven't understood something, feel free to ask me. Also I managed to post it today because I already have a ton of pawn teams, so I know what works well with it (froslass and costa best partners imo).

Sets description:

-Pursuit pawn; already explained it above

-LO mixed costa: best set by far imo, ohkos scarf ape at +2 after 1 spikes (can even kill without any hazards!):
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 247-292 (91.1 - 107.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
Hydropump is the best last move, its very hard at +2 with LO even though there are no spatk evs. It will help you not be walled by aggron, mudsdale, regirock, quagsire, sableye, and hits gurdurr hard, VERY hard after pawn knocked its item.

-Timid Offensive HP fight mesprit: Timid outspeeds ada skunk and stoutland, icebeam hits birds/lilligant/skuntank hard, while HP fight lures aggron and sandslash which can be annoying, the former one tanking pawniard's hits, the latter one being able to set up rocks and spin, which we want to avoid at any cost.

-Sash froslass: I didn't feel like using another colbur berry, and I thought it could be used as a lead too instead of mesprit which can be kept for wallbreaking. It doesn't have taunt because... defog=free +2 pawniard! Vs stall it wont work tho because quag walls pawn, however knock+Lo costa+raichu should be able to break stall. You can change froslass's set if you want.

-Chan: standard speed to outspeed modest jellicent, max attack to 2hko defensive jelli after rocks with T-punch

-Raichu: grassknot+NP is crazy vs stall teams, removes quagsire/muds/regi from the battle. Sub is an option that isnt worth it here, since the rest of the team pressures offense and skuntank in particular enough.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Carracosta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/cf18249476ce8344

I hope you enjoyed the team! Feel free to Pm me for any questions :]

Last edited:

ishtar

your affection
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch​

Hello! So a few days back I had attempted to build spike stack for the first time since the shift and I've been having a fair bit of trouble doing so. Think I relied a bit on Toge as my scarfer w/ those builds.

My request is simply a spike stack team w/ Kang (choose whichever spiker you seem fit to go along with it). Willing to explore some different builds or Pokemon, so I don't have much of a request regarding the nature of the team other than what I initially mentioned, so just let the creativity flow!
Appreciate the work being done here with the teams! ^-^

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

So I wanted to build around Kanga and Pom-Pom as they form a pretty solid offensive core based around weakening the other's checks. I opted to use HP Fighting Pom-Pom here since you're able to punish a lot of common Normal and Flying resists such as Shuca Aggron, Regirock and Sandslash-A which would otherwise annoy Kanga and is otherwise just a great wincon to have versus balance and stall. Since both are pretty fantastic spikes abusers, I figured that I'd add Qwilfish, which also gave this team another valuable fighting resist. Mesprit is the speed control / scarfer of choice here, seeing as everything (particularly Kanga) really appreciate Healing wish and U-turn support that Mesprit provides. Sandslash was also the rocker of choice here, since this team was looking particularly weak to the likes of HP Rock Lilligant and Aurorus, while also providing the team with both Stealth Rock and Hazard Removal. Finally, I have Gurdurr in this last slot, since the team looked rather weak versus Stoutland, Lycanroc and Aggron and the team really appreciates having another form of speed control, which really takes away pressure from Kanga and Mesprit to remove stuff like Kabutops and Aurorus.

If this wasn't exactly the build you were looking for, there's also a very solid Kanga team in the samples, which you can find here. Hope you enjoy it KellyKafka and let me know if you have any questions. Also I guess I'm a builder now, hope I can help you guys out!

Hello frens, first time posting here

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Persian-A is one of favourite mons to use in the current meta. This specific set was shown to me by a friend and I've pretty much fallen in love with it. However, my (lack of) teambuilding skills make using this mon in a good team really difficult for me which can be really frustrating at times because i don't think its a very hard mon to build around.

Here is the team I ended up building

I would love for this Persian to be paired with SpDef Alolaslash as I think it can really use the extra chip that comes with Stealth Rocks and the fact that Persian's SpDef stat is fairly low makes them a good combo. Yet every time i build with them, I end up being severely weak to either Primeape or Gurdurr. Lastly, I'd prefer BO with this build but as long as the team is useable I'll be happy.

Thanks for reading!

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there BackAtYouBro here's the Jumpluff team you requested.

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Strength Sap
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Parting Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

So this team ended up going the Bulky Offense route with Jumpluff and I decided to try to start out with a solid defensive backbone with Regirock + Roselia + Jellicent. Regirock starts the team with being our Stealth Rock user as well as the Normal and Flying resist. Pretty standard set aside from the last move being Drain Punch > Toxic which helps against A-Sandslash and Aurorus while also getting some recovery back in the process. Roselia provides Spikes support as well as acting as the Lilligant check on the team while also checking stuff like Jellicent and rain archtypes and pairs very well with Regirock. Jellicent acts as the Fighting check and backup Water immunity. Hex is over Scald to do more damage to statused mon although you can run Scald over Will-O-Wisp to do some damage to stuff like Stoutland. Next thing I added was Hitmonchan as the team was lacking a Hail check and priority and Hitmonchan fits all those criteria plus provides hazard removal with Rapid Spin for Jumpluff while also weakening Rock- and Steel-types for Jumpluff which it can't do much too. Last thing I wanted to add was added Speed and some form of wincon/momentum grabber, so NP Persian fits the bill. It helps in checking Psychic-types like Mesprit while also checking stuff like Froslass while also providing Parting Shot support for Jumpluff so it can set up Swords Dance easier. Enjoy the team!

This team has NP A-Persian like you wanted PhantomHurious if you want to use it as well and replace Hitmonchan with Spdef A-Sandslash although you lose priority.

Lilligant @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder​

I've recently been playing a bit of PU (Still have no idea what I'm doing lol), but have been having some issues on building a decent squad down here. I would really like a team around Quiver Dance Lilligant to see your thought process behind supporting it. If this exact set is outdated or not as viable as certain coverage options such as HP [Fire] or Normalium-Z etc. then feel free to change up any of that. I would prefer to get a BO squad around it, but if it fits best on another archetype I am more than content with that. Thank you in advance ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)