Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuckle, best defense and special defense in the game

why not use Power Trick?

big brain (Shuckle) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Power Trick
- Bug Bite

This is my physical glass cannon Shuckle it's pretty bad IT IS GOD. I am looking for some form of a Trick Room team but I'm fine with a different style.
I would preferably like an offensive team, but I'm not picky.

Last edited:
Hello Sagisolar, sorry for the wait. Well, im make it, hope you like it

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/597.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/593.png
Drampa @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Drain Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes / Toxic

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog

Calm Mind Drampa is a threatening set, being capable of breaking all the walls in the tier. Eelektross can be a pivot for Drampa, helping it switch in safely; Ferroseed is the staple Stealth Rock setter, protecting Drampa from strong physical attackers like Stoutland and Kangaskhan. Jellicent helps with Drampa's weakness to Fighting- and Ice-types; Silvally-Fairy is a reliable Defog user and a second option to check or pivot against Fighting-types; and, Dodrio brings more Speed to the team while also checking Victreebel and other Grass-types.

Some little moves:
Ferroseed Toxic: Pressures Torterra
Eelektross Drain Punch: Take down Aurorus and other Drampa more easily
Silvally-F U-turn: Lures Regirock / Metang, giving a free turn to Drampa

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I would like a team around my boi SD Silvally Fairy. I really love this set and I really would appreciate a team that maximize his potential for sweep! :D
Hey, PiloswineSarado - LordST built this team for you, and I'm posting on his behalf. Hope you enjoy!

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Victreebel @ Air Balloon
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Regirock @ Rockium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Copycat

Regirock tends to share switch-ins and checks with Silvally-Fairy, so LST wanted to pair the two to open up holes for a Silvally-Fairy sweep. Air Balloon Victreebel, Cryogonal, and Gurdurr form the team's defensive core, which also all pull their weight offensively. Defensive Gurdurr was used here to make up for Regirock having a less defensive presence to check Normal-types like Stoutland and Kangaskhan more efficiently. Air Balloon Victreebel is a tech that allows it to switch into Ground-types like Torterra and Mudsdale safely, letting it remove those defensive answers to Regirock more reliably. Additionally, the threat of eating one of Victreebel's dual STAB attacks forces Alolan Sandslash in and KOes it with Hidden Power Fire on the switch, which in turn gives Cryogonal some breathing room. In exchange, Cryogonal and Regirock check the Flying-types that beat Victreebel and Gurdurr, particularly Swanna (in Cryogonal's case) and Oricorio-E and -G. Lastly, CB Copycat Liepard was added to check Musharna and other Psychic-types for Victreebel and Gurdurr, while Prankster Copycat provides the team with some much needed Speed control against non-Dark types late-game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-993342951-oa5dkbg6cqe8gzycn7dgwkgkxt8lhj2pw 2x vs yogi

Shuckle, best defense and special defense in the game

why not use Power Trick?

big brain (Shuckle) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Power Trick
- Bug Bite

This is my physical glass cannon Shuckle it's pretty bad IT IS GOD. I am looking for some form of a Trick Room team but I'm fine with a different style.
I would preferably like an offensive team, but I'm not picky.
Hey Meteo Serpent - I don't think Power Trick Shuckle is viable at all, but I ended up building this for you anyway. I edited your set a bit, and used Custap over Figy (Iapapa) Berry. Combined with Gluttony, Custap Berry lets you move with priority at 50% HP or less, so Power Trick into STAB or coverage lets you pick a kill early- to mid-game, even outside of Trick Room. If you stick with Figy Berry, Shuckle can check some specially offensive threats, most notably specially offensive Victreebel as it survives Z Leaf Storm and eats Figy at 50%. Anyway, have fun with this one!

Shucklederp (Shuckle) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Power Trick
- Knock Off

Musharna @ Psychium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Trick Room

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Transform

Torterra @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Turtonator @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

I have to include a heavy disclaimer with this team; it's mostly for kicks, so don't expect it to top the ladder or anything. I did get it to 1500s on an alt, but that probably comes as a result of Torterra and Musharna being so potent in the current meta rather than anything that Shuckle adds to the table. On with the team though!

:shuckle:Shuckle is cute, but oml Power Trick is terribly unviable and requires so much support to pull off. For starters, once Power Trick switches your Attack and Defense, Shuckle is running with a Defense stat of 56 / an Attack stat of 614; this basically means all priority moves are going to one shot you, ex. defensive Gurdurr's unboosted Mach Punch does a minimum of 85% to Power Tricked Shuckle, so I decided to start here with the team's building process and think about how I'd prevent Gurdurr from switching into and checking Shuckle. Future Sight Musharna immediately came to mind for this purpose.

:musharna:Basically, to setup with Shuckle, Trick Room into a Future Sight, then bring in Shuckle. Following the turn you setup Power Trick, Future Sight will strike whatever's in front of you, and in Shuckle's case, that's normally a fat Rock resist, like Mudsdale, Gurdurr, Torterra, etc., and most of these really struggle in eating a fully invested Future Sight. Most of the meta is unable to handle this combination of Future Sight + Torterra's dual STABs, or Future Sight + Turtonator's dual STABs, so Musharna is really the key support for this wallbreaker duo. Psychium Z minimizes Knock Off damage and lets it check Gurdurr, and prevents you from being Taunted or Encored out of Trick Room or Healing Wish while it also lets you fire off a super powerful Shattered Psyche. Once you Future Sight, you'll often find a Psychic resist is incoming, and if that's Sableye or Spiritomb, maximum SpA invested Dazzling Gleam chunks these nicely.

:turtonator::torterra:If it's a Steel-type like Bronzor, specially defensive Alolan Sandslash, or Ferroseed switching into Musharna's Future Sight, simply pivot to Turtonator before Future Sight lands and fire off a Specs Fire Blast. Future Sight strategies like these are really cool in that they are multi-directional: (1) use Future Sight + Dazzling Gleam to bring in and KO Psychic resists solo with Dazzling Gleam; 2) use Future Sight to protect Shuckle by being broken by standard Rock resists as it sets up; and 3), use the combination of Turtonator or Torterra's powerful dual STABs + Musharna's Future Sight to wallbreak effectively. Healing Wish is just icing on the cake and gives CB Torterra or Specs Turtonator multiple opportunities to wallbreak. Turtonator's Flash Cannon is here as coverage for Clefairy and Carbink, and it's not running a Speed IV of 0 on purpose for potentially checking Clefairy outside of Trick Room (108 Spe to Clefairy's 106 Spe). Torterra can't quite break Tangela, so it's got Toxic to break that still in case Turtonator is already out of the picture. Torterra's EVs let it live one Freeze-Dry after SR from Cryogonal:
8 SpA Cryogonal Freeze-Dry vs. 80 HP / 176 SpD Torterra: 276-328 (78.6 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:carbink:Really no TR team is complete without Carbink. This is pretty standard stuff with Sturdy + Mental Herb letting you get up Trick Room and SR guaranteed, while Explosion lets you die before being hit by Defog to keep SR in play. Make sure not to explode in case you need to check something like Dodrio, Drampa, Simisear, etc. I didn't go with a Speed IV of 0 here again, just for the sake of potentially checking Gurdurr with Moonblast, as you outspeed Gurdurr even with a Sassy nature.

:Ditto:Lastly, TR is generally a gimmicky playstyle, and given that TR doesn't last too long, you need some kind of Speed control that is able to work outside of TR. Ditto is here as an all-purpose revenge killer for big threats like Omastar, Alolan Sandslash in hail, etc., so long as they're not behind a Substitute. Ditto doesn't need to be explained too much, but it finds a lot of utility in scouting sets early-game if you're not ready to commit to an attack just yet.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-998825609 Figy Berry Gluttony Shuckle as a check to specially offensive Victreebel
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-998830766 against Lockjaw's team above^
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-998871190

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)