OU USUM OU Victim of the Week! Week 13: Rain Sweeper Mega Swampert

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Alright, voting has concluded! Congratulations to Solar Flare Sherbet for winning this week's check with Delphox, along with MangoSteak's Cresselia as a counter. I'll go ahead and add you to the Hall of Fame shortly.

Week 6: All-Out Attacker Mega Medicham

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

With a quite ludicrously high Attack stat thanks to Pure Power and a good Base 100 Speed, Mega Medicham is a fearsome threat that all teams in OU should be prepared for. High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt are powerful STAB moves that hit a large chunk of the metagame for massive damage, while Ice Punch acts as additional coverage for Ground- and Flying-types such as Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Tornadus, while 2HKOing Mega Latias. Fake Out allows Medicham to stack up chip damage on faster threats, and pick off weakened Pokemon. However, Medicham has underwhelming bulk, and is quite vulnerable to faster threats such as Tornadus-T and Ash-Greninja.

Can you find a check or a counter to this set? You will have 5 days to submit your answers, with submissions ending on Wednesday 31st January.

Best of luck to all submissions!

:sm/Shedinja:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Not much of a explanation but Wonder Guard fully walls medicham kek.

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
:sm/Shedinja:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Not much of a explanation but Wonder Guard fully walls medicham kek.
much as I do love this, Shedinja is unfortunately banned from this thread, precisely for situations like this D:

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Submitting Mega Sableye as a Counter

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Sableye is immune to three of Medicham's four moves, and Ice Punch does a maximum of 43.5%, allowing Sableye to switch in to Stealth Rock and still take two hits while being able to Recover off the damage, barring a crit or freeze from Medicham. In addition, it forces Medicham out with the threat of a Will-O-Wisp burn while being able to cripple anything Medicham goes into with a Knock Off.

counter:
Reuniclus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

vote this, sab is useless outside of stall :]

check:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

While switching in hard isn't optimal Lele does quite well against Medicham as it forces Medicham out with full HP which is quite an important trait in matchups against Medicham builds. In general Lele (especially Scarf) does usually quite well against most builds that have a Medi on it. Blocking Fake Out for itself and team members is also quite good.

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss

Congratulations to Astoria for autowinning this week's check by default with Choice Scarf Tapu Lele!

Counters:
:sableye-mega: Sableye-Mega by clematis
:reuniclus: Rocky Helmet Reuniclus by Astoria
You have four days to vote, ending on Sunday 4th February. You may vote for one counter this week. I will add the winning set to the Hall of Fame along with Tapu Lele at the end of the voting phase.

Best of luck!

As a side note, I'm considering allowing users to submit both one check and one counter per week if they want to, as a method of potentially increasing engagement in the thread. What would your opinions be on this? (Let me know underneath your vote)

For the counter, I would have to say Reuniclus. Mega Medicham gets many opportunities to fish for a Freeze after Stealth Rock damage for Mega Sableye. However, Rocky Helmet Reuniclus doesn't give it that free opportunity on the switch-in.

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Alright, voting has now concluded. Congratulations to Astoria's Rocky Helmet Reuniclus for winning this week's counter and. also Astoria for winning this week's check with Choice Scarf Tapu Lele! I'll add your sets to the Hall of Fame.

Week 7: Calm Mind Mega Latias

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Ice Beam
- Roost
Mega Latias is an excellent cleaner and sweeper with the combination of Calm Mind, STAB Stored Power, an excellent Base 110 Speed tier, and quite ludicrous 80/120/150 bulk. In addition, a vast movepool means its set can be highly customisable depending on what its team requires; though Ice Beam is typically run to allow Latias to answer Swords Dance Gliscor and the myriad of Ground-types running around OU. Access to reliable recovery in the form of Roost also means Latias can keep itself healthy over the course of a game.

Can you find a way to handle this set? You will have 6 days to submit your answers, with submissions ending on Saturday 10th January.

I would also like to inform you all of a small change to the rules:

- You may now submit both a check and a counter, if you so please. The option, obviously, remains available for you to submit one set if you want, but from this week onwards you can submit one set for each category if you so wish. However, they must be different Pokemon, meaning you couldn't, for example, submit two different Landorus-T sets in the same week (one as a check and one as a counter).

Best of luck!

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Nominating Mirror Coat Gastrodon as a check

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic
- Recover

Probably my favourite set in all of SM OU. Mirror Coat is such fun. As long as you can get it in as soon as Latias starts boosting up, Gastrodon can tank anything less than a +3/+3 Stored Power and retaliate with an enormous Mirror Coat, instantly obliterating Lati. It can also force it out with the threat of Toxic.

+2 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 235-277 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 411-484 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

also nominating Choice Band Weavile as a counter

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Very simple stuff. Weavile somehow has the (uninvested btw) bulk to eat a freakin' +5 Ice Beam from the dragon on switchin if it needs to and almost directly OHKO back with Icicle Crash. Also, having Weavile in the back of your team means that the opponent is likely to play a little bit more cautiously, knowing that STAB Pursuit straight up OHKOs if they switch out.

+5 0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 172-203 (61.2 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 336-396 (92.5 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

1707120638560.png

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
IVs: 6 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

Heart Swap Magearna w Fleur Cannon.

:jirachi:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Level: 100
Careful Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Wish

Jirachi is a counter to latias mega. It's a steel type so it resists easily to psychic and ice moves and heal itself with wish. I know this demon, you know it so we'll just win the 1v1 with body slam to paralyze tias and iron head to flinch it to death yes that's dirty but it is in the pokemon's concept. Just a second... it's a dream pokemon, with an eye on the center and is yellow, I already saw someone like this... BILL CIPHER, IT'S HIM WE ARE DEAD

clematis

formerly EdDaBoss
Alright, submissions are now closed. Thanks to all who contributed! Those of you who missed their reservations; I haven't included your sets in the voting this week.
Voting!

Counters:
:weavile: Weavile by clematis
:magearna: Heart Swap Magearna by Astoria
:jirachi: Jirachi by Uber45
I seem to have been the only person to submit a check this week, so I guess Mirror Coat Gastrodon is going into the Hall of Fame by default! Reminder to everyone that you can submit one set for each category now! :D

You have four days to vote, ending on Thursday 15th February. You may vote for one counter this week. I will add the winning set to the Hall of Fame along with Gastrodon at the end of the voting phase.

Good luck to all submissions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)