Gen 7 USUM OU Reuniclus Team

Cheezy

ripples on a blank shore
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Basically, I wanted to make a team based around Reuniclus and I when I was done making it I thought I should post in RMT forum for advice, so here we are now.

The Team: https://pokepast.es/6c24d241b44678d1

Reuniclus is the setup sweeper that can basically just win if it gets too many boosts. Unfortunately it doesn't get stored power, so I opted for the next best option instead, which is Psyshock to nail Chansey. I used Rocky Helmet on this set to punish Pokemon who try to knock off its item. 44 Speed evs is to outspeed Toxapex so that it can't haze it's boosts away.

Toxapex is the T-Spikes setter and water resist for the team. T-Spikes is important because it wears down the dark types that would otherwise wall Reuniclus. Scald gets burns which are always important for wearing down pokemon and cutting physical attacks power by half. Recover for gaining health and Haze for setup-sweepers.

This is my rocker and Pursuit trapper for the ghosts that threaten Reuniclus. Stone Edge is for STAB and fire punch helps whittle down Ferro.
It also checks a lot of Pokemon like Tapu Koko, Gengar, Torn-T and many more Pokemon. This Pokemon is just meant to be rocker that can whittle down Reuniclus checks and other Pokemon.

This Pokemon helps gain some speed control against Pokemon that will setup on any of my passive Pokemon like Salamance, Mega Gyara, and Mega TTar. Volt Switch helps gain momentum, Thunderbolt is it's primary STAB, HP Ice helps with dragons and Lando-T, and Focus Blast hit's bulky steel and rock types.

I couldn't run defog on my team because that would remove T-Spikes so I opted for a spinner instead. I found Starmie to be the best option due to it having a great speed tier, Scald, and recovery, as well as a pretty good typing. I opted for a bulky spread because I wanted to be able take hits and increase it's longevitity with recover.

Kyurem helps with any Pokemon weak ice type, because I don't have a actual Pokemon that is ice typing so it can deal with many Grass, Flying, and Ground. It also acts a lure for Unaware Clefable, because Modest Steelium Z OHKO's from full. You can also use Groundium Z and Earth Power in case you want to be able to hit Steel Types.

Threats:

If you have any criticism or options to make this team better, please tell :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)