Metagame USUM AG Metagame Discussion Thread

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
This is a cool HO build I made months back with eruption pdon as a cool sr lead. You can swap steelceus with darkceus and use rock tomb on marsh for extra Ho-oh coverage. This team wins games extremely fast, and has good speed on all the pokemon. It was a lot of fun to use.
EDIT: Ev's on Pdon is 160 spe
This utilizes Double Fairy"s to take advantage of the fact that people only usually pack 1 major check to fairy's. CB Mray and CM unecro are necessary revenge killers to weaken the opposing team for scarf xern. Yveltal provides a nice check to set-up sweepers, and poisonceus checks physical attackers and fairceus. Overall, this is a really solid team that is easy to exploit.

This is a cool HO build I made months back with eruption pdon as a cool sr lead. You can swap steelceus with darkceus and use rock tomb on marsh for extra Ho-oh coverage. This team wins games extremely fast, and has good speed on all the pokemon. It was a lot of fun to use.
EDIT: Ev's on Pdon is 160 spe
This utilizes Double Fairy"s to take advantage of the fact that people only usually pack 1 major check to fairy's. CB Mray and CM unecro are necessary revenge killers to weaken the opposing team for scarf xern. Yveltal provides a nice check to set-up sweepers, and poisonceus checks physical attackers and fairceus. Overall, this is a really solid team that is easy to exploit.
Your Groudon has way too many EVs. If you haven't noticed, it has 96 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

I prefer offensive teams and stalls as they help you also get an advantage on other players so you can may try to finish off the game. Bulky Offensive also works, and in my opinion, is one of the best, idk about any of you guys though?

Sinnoh Sunlight

Banned deucer.
Hey. I'm fresh onto this site, and have mostly just lurked on PS! for some months. What's a good rating to have, and should I make my own teams (I've been taking other people's teams off this site.)? I'm at middle 1800's but idk how good that is. Thanks in advance!

Hey. I'm fresh onto this site, and have mostly just lurked on PS! for some months. What's a good rating to have, and should I make my own teams (I've been taking other people's teams off this site.)? I'm at middle 1800's but idk how good that is. Thanks in advance!
That’s pretty good, gratz. For an RMT, good Anything Goes players generally have around 2000 elo (roughly) but only some of the top players manage that.

Sinnoh Sunlight

Banned deucer.
Out of all the offensive sample teams, every single one is a HO build, which I don't think is very indicative of the current meta. Bulky offense builds are some of the most common teams on ladder, so it really perplexes me why we have only HO builds and why we have niche teams(especially for balance). The sample teams are supposed to give new players teambuilding help, and help said player understand what the meta is like. I have literally never seen Sub cm lunala or Grassceus run seriously on ladder. I know it's hard to make teams reflective of the state of the ladder, as lots of them would be similar, but it's still possible. Not to mention new players usually just use the first sample team they see.

Why are you using dawn wings for the base for unecro? You can do another dusk mane, and dusk manes aren’t 4x weak to dark and ghost. Also, sd ray tends to be viable only on webs, as, without webs, it is still outsped by a lot of potential revenge killers like mega gengar and scarf yveltal. Also, lefties xern just doesn’t seem that great. Idk why, but it just seems like it lacks the potential to do much to anything. Maybe scarf > leftovers on it? Indeed, fairyceus has higher speed and better defensive stats, so I really don’t know what you are trying to achieve with defensive xern instead of fairyceus.
because he stole the team idea from me pre sure

P4ndaK1ng11

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/be3221cc76701834 made by Ethereal ghost and skarpherim

hi this team is rlly good i mad a while ago with skarpherim its rlly good rlly weakness is stall and ho sometimes but other than that offensive sweeps can do something when gira out but besides those weakness the teams is rlly good ray should not be a problem ig u may see offensive ho-oh as a problem but rllly gira does counter that along with arc rock both arceus fairy as u know is for marsh and ygod zyg and mostly anything weak to it posion is mostly for every cm user used in ag easily if xern just z it but cm steel dark fairy just whirlpool and psong it to death and ho-oh is just like a clean up mon in the team sometimes when steelceus used and ray is basically for the groudons and a hard hitting attacker with ascent. hope u guys like this team credit for skarpherim for helping me build this team. GETTTTTT THHEMMMM EZZZZZ DUBBBSSSS WITTHHHH THIISSSSS TEAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

hi this team is rlly good i mad a while ago with skarpherim its rlly good rlly weakness is stall and ho sometimes but other than that offensive sweeps can do something when gira out but besides those weakness the teams is rlly good ray should not be a problem ig u may see offensive ho-oh as a problem but rllly gira does counter that along with arc rock both arceus fairy as u know is for marsh and ygod zyg and mostly anything weak to it posion is mostly for every cm user used in ag easily if xern just z it but cm steel dark fairy just whirlpool and psong it to death and ho-oh is just like a clean up mon in the team sometimes when steelceus used and ray is basically for the groudons and a hard hitting attacker with ascent. hope u guys like this team credit for skarpherim for helping me build this team. GETTTTTT THHEMMMM EZZZZZ DUBBBSSSS WITTHHHH THIISSSSS TEAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool team guys. It's just a personal preference but tyranitar could also work over arc rock. I can't think off the top of my head what the team struggles with without arc rock specifically but I do know being able to trap trappers like gar (which is a pain in the ass for your team especially when paired with marsh) and goth (even though it kinda died off) is pretty nice. While yea it can be pressured into recovery via rest, just may be a good alternative. Other than that, nice team.
ALSO, How are you going to have post malone as a rapper but not Lil Wayne, especially after his Carter V album recently dropped :pikuh:

Sinnoh Sunlight

Banned deucer.

Ik what this team struggles with. Primal Kyogre. Your team has no switchins to it, especially seeing as giratina isn't EV'ed to take an ice beam. A smart player can consistently switch this in and pick up a kill.

MAHOH

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion

https://pokepast.es/26d274f1e512dd98

Ik what this team struggles with. Primal Kyogre. Your team has no switchins to it, especially seeing as giratina isn't EV'ed to take an ice beam. A smart player can consistently switch this in and pick up a kill.
Tbh kyogre isn’t THAT much of an issue. There is a max speed life orb ho-oh, banded Ray, and z arc poison, it would be a tough mu but as long as you play solid vs ogre, you’ll be fine

In theory, unless you're using pdon or ferro on every single team, pogre is always going to be a problem. However in practice, its pretty easy to chip pogre and it has a hard time switching into a lot of common mons. Plus its kind of slow, so you can revenge kill it pretty easily.

Y would u post all ur teams tho my teams would take 2 pokepastes to get em out to share with someone but y
How does it hurt me to post my teams here? If you're gonna say "oh people can look up your teams at any time now," they're free to. I don't care too much about winning anymore.

1. hes tryna get likes
2. hes tryna get sum likes
That is in fact not the case.

darkceus + megagar balance
https://pokepast.es/83483a6a6ced9b90
gar basically removes every darkceus answer reliably so theres not much u can do wrong

megabro ttar stall
https://pokepast.es/f66f5184cbdd9d97
ditto is for opposing fat, chople tar helps w not getting trapped by gar, slowbro i found looked cool cause its so immensly fat, the arceus can probably be optimized if i have to be completely honest cause the marshadow matchup is borderline awkward but it deals with everything else at least reasonably well, well around mix ray u gotta flex and even then its hard. could maybe make the arceus rocks and change the 4th on chans. confide helps w cm arceus stuff and z geo xern, you name it

2 of my favorites from omwc, i never unleashed the stall, and the first team got haxed into cheesed but 2 solid teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)