Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Week 5: Kartana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Veil HO

It's a relatively traditional approach to veil offense just that zard is the mega-abuser. Fitting the playstyle of zardx all sweepers are very hit-or-miss and all have their respective good matchups. This team however works because one of Zard / Mage / Gyara / Tar should always be able to sweep. Essentially Tales and Exca work as a double lead and you choose according to your matchup. Weakness policy tyranitar looks like a meme at first glance but ttar has 7 weaknesses and it can set up on 6 of them, even more so under veil. You usually get 2 or 3 dd's out and you normally win against any offense if you don't let yourself be pivoted by lando (dont do it like me in one of the two replays). Ttar also sets up on the things that beat the fire/ground coverage of zardx. Depending on what stall you face either zard / mage or gyara should be able to blast through but that matchup is somewhat shaky, as HO has always been against stall. Safeguard is slashed for stall, Hail works better against rain and zardy teams. ev's are interchangable if you have any preferences.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-950899892 standard medi offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-950904661 standard rain
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Hail/Safeguard

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Thanks for participating! Let's go forward with the competition, perhaps the topic this week wasn't very popular ~

Week 5
Team A - Solaros & Lunaris
tornadus-therian.gif
tapulele.gif
charizard-megax.gif

Team B - Sharingan
greninja.gif
charizard-megax.gif
landorus-therian.gif
rotom-wash.gif
magearna.gif
kommoo.gif

Team C - Erzengel
ninetales-alola.gif
excadrill.gif
charizard-megax.gif
magearna.gif
gyarados.gif
tyranitar.gif

You have until Friday to vote!

Congrats Solaros & Lunaris for winning this week! I loved your team as well Erzengel , and it was definitely really fun to use as well!

This week we have.....

Mega Tyranitar is a menace, boasting high stats, good STAB moves, and even access to Dragon Dance. To boot, its ability allows it to temporarily boost its Special Defense. While its set don't go far from either Dragon Dance or Stealth Rock, it is still a dangerous Pokemon to deal with. Let's see what team you can whip up this week - submissions ends on 10 August! Hopefully we have more submissions this week :(

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Greninja (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tyranitar (Tyranitar-Mega) (F) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 68 Def / 64 SpA / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Roost

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Defog
- U-turn
Here we have Hawlucha up front with Ash-Greninja support w/ spikes to weaken Toxapex. Mega-Tyranitar here is a 4-attack set to lure Lando-T with Ice Beam to make life easier for Hawlucha, and lure Ferrothorn with Fire Blast for Greninja. Tapu Koko is here to provide terrain support for Hawlucha. 3 Atks + Roost for longevity to make sure it's around when the terrain is needed. Ferrothorn comes in to check Ash-Greninja etc., and provide rocks. With the addition of Ferrothorn the team also has a sneakily solid matchup vs. rain (Sand to remove rain, electric terrain to keep Manaphy awake, Greninja to pressure, Hawlucha is faster than Swampert after unburden). Landorus-T closes the team off providing defog support, and a primary switch-in to ground types. Explosion is nice to ensure Hawlucha gets in for free.

Jeong

Banned deucer.

https://pokepast.es/73a474a855ce5ead

Seeing that for this occasion the chosen one is mega Tyranitar I have encouraged myself to try to do something based on him. Well, since it is a good mon to catch Latios / Latias and is immune to psychic movements, it complements well with Keldeo. It is common but not bad core. Both can eliminate each other's threats. Well, the next one occurred to me Garchomp. Analyzing a little, he thought about his offensive set Z but he wanted to do so to support the team and fit the physical damage better. It is also a set that I love with the help of Rocky Helmet. Here comes Ash Greninja, it was not very complicated since it has a lot of use and is a good mon. It allows me to hit hard and press with Spikes. I like it as a complement to Chomp. The turn of my user Z. In this case Fight for Chansey or Heatran. I find it more useful this time. Ice Beam as coverage vs Lando / dragons. I'm missing something fast and that I can eliminate SR from my side and nothing better than Landorus Scarf with evs cast to better fit things like Kartana or Hawlucha.

Last edited by a moderator:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Magearna @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Explosion

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wild Charge

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
Seeing as SR Megatar is usually what comes to mind when talking about building with it, I decided to show a bit of a less used approach for it. DD Megatar is insanely bulky with dual screens up, so it makes for a terrifying sweeper. Otherwise, this team is pretty straightforward, Lando-T being the suicide SR lead, Gear + Lucha making great cleaners vs offense, and Manaphy covering basically any fat team besides those with some more niche counters like Shedinja and Pyukumuku. This team isn't very well suited for the current OLT ladder, with how frequently used Shedinja stall is, but it's still a really fun and effective HO nontheless.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Anubis - Reuniclus Sand Balance

This was a team I made ironically during last year’s OLT and while I think its still good, one of the sand teams being used this OLT (Chans/Skarm/Ttar/Exca/Reuni/Ditto) somewhat outclasses it. Still good enough for this thread though lol. The team’s objective is to abuse Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, sand and Leech Seed to weaken the enemy team into the range of Reuniclus or Excadrill. Stealth Rock Mega Tyranitar guarantees Stealth Rock on the field almost always, only really losing to well-played Tapu Fini. It is particularly good at scaring away Sableye and keeping hazards against stall. While this is a bit harder with this spread, the extra bulk really does help in the long run. This spread helps it survive Lele’s Focus Blast, Kart’s Sacred Sword and offensive Lando’s EQ from full. Ice Beam, while weak uninvested, still hurts Gliscor, Garchomp and offensive Lando. Excadrill loves Megatar and the support this team provides because it annoys much of what Excadrill hates to see. Zapdos, Rotom and Celesteela are quickly annoyed by this team and that just lets Excadrill go to town. It also provides a Ground type who slaps Koko and speed control. Its checks are also setup for Reuniclus and vice versa. Speaking of, Reuni is a Medi, Lop and physical Gren check, and the second setup sweeper of the team, generally being used against defensive teams. 2 attacks is an option, however I like Double Dance rn since the team handles Darks well. Pex kicks off our defensive core, handling Ash-Greninja, Volcatona and setting Toxic Spikes. It also Hazes opposing boosters like ZardX. Tangrowth gives us a Band Bulu and Kartana check, letting Cele run full SpDef here. These two form a strong Leech Seed core together, while Tang also forms a double Regen core with Pex. Cele is a Ground immunity and secondary Steel, you know what it does. Team is a bit weak to non-Firium Tran but I think thats the only real issue, and you always Exca to revenge kill it.

Mega TTar Bulky Offense

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Spore
- Mach Punch
Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

This team revolves around Mega Tyranitar's ability to Pursuit trap Psychic types like Reuniclus, the Latis, Mew, and others. After those Psychics are gone my Reuni and Breloom can really shine, Reuniclus and his Psyshocks can absolutely sweep the opponents team after some boosts, this little fetus also checks fighting types that threathen Tyranitar like MMedi, Hawlucha, and MLopp.

Torn can check fighting types too, but not so efficiently, Torn's main role is to pivot around and to beat Bulky Grasses.

Breloom is another mon that abuses from the lack of Psychic types, which allows it to spam Focus Punch. People say this mon is bad but SubPunch Loom almost always deals immense damage on a battle, it is also a good clutch mon, that saved me from an inevitable Gyarados sweep here(i played like thrash and still lost tho lol) Spore is super nice, 150 STAB is super nice, Mach Punch to revenge kill gren after a little bit of chip from rocks is also nice, overall Breloom is a nice mon. Its EV Spread has (almost)max atk, 100 speed is for outspeeding max speed Adamant MMaw and 88 speed Mega Ttar. The rest of the EVs went to HP and SPDef, i couldn't just invest on HP bc my HP stat has to be divisible by 16 so i can get maximum Toxic Heal recovery.

Landorus was the replacement for Sand Rush Excadrill, which I thought didn't fit in my team, since sand relies so much in momentum, which is something my team lacks with both Reuniclus and Breloom completely messing up w my momentum. Lando serves as a ground immunity, speed cotrol, momentum grabber, all that's stuff you know about.

AV Mage is my AshGren check(Breloom can also work if the Gren has been properly chipped), it is also the Steel and Fairy type my team lacked, it can grab momentum, and check other stuff like Koko or other Mags too.

Last edited:
1565218455345.png1565218470055.png1565218485913.png1565218506085.png1565218514804.png1565218525253.png

https://pokepast.es/fa60d07142eb5ecc
this is my tyranitar team this is its base is excadrill, tornadus-thedian, magearna, rotom-wash, tangrowth this team is good but it is weak to several pokemon but it is useful at least it helps me I made several team base but this was The one that served the most and I was improving it more and more I'm not the best team building but I'm learning and I wanted to test my level here, this team is weak against the rain but if they know how to use it they won't give them much trouble

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Whirlpool

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

EVs: 216 HP / 100 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
This team is based on Sand & FireWaterGrass core. I played SR Mega-Tyranitar because it's the best set for make Sandstorm for Excadrill. I played Adamant Excadrill for smash Landorus-T and Garchomp. Defensive Volcarona is my solution for Revenge Kill Mega-Mawile and Mega-Scizor after SD (44 Evs speed for outspeed Lopunny-Mega after one Quiver Dance). I prefer Giga Drain here because Mega-Tyranitar can PursuitTrap Lati@s and it's a good lure against Mega-Diancie, Gatrodon and make more damage on Landorus-T with Z move. Whirpool Tapu Fini help Volcarona to sweep thanks to trap Chansey, Toxapex and Heatran. Also Misty Terrain is very useful for immunize Excadrill from to ScaldBurn and Volcarona from to Toxik. Tangrowth + Tornadus-T help this team to take & Revenge Kill AshGreninja, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Mega-Alakazam, Garchomp, Kartana, Landorus-T...

I'm back - let's jump straight into the teams ~

WEEK 2 THEME:
tyranitar-mega.gif

Team A - KrillX

hawlucha.gif
Ash_Greninja.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
tapukoko.gif
ferrothorn.gif
landorus-therian.gif

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Greninja (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tyranitar (Tyranitar-Mega) (F) @ Tyranitarite
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Roost

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Defog
- U-turn
Here we have Hawlucha up front with Ash-Greninja support w/ spikes to weaken Toxapex. Mega-Tyranitar here is a 4-attack set to lure Lando-T with Ice Beam to make life easier for Hawlucha, and lure Ferrothorn with Fire Blast for Greninja. Tapu Koko is here to provide terrain support for Hawlucha. 3 Atks + Roost for longevity to make sure it's around when the terrain is needed. Ferrothorn comes in to check Ash-Greninja etc., and provide rocks. With the addition of Ferrothorn the team also has a sneakily solid matchup vs. rain (Sand to remove rain, electric terrain to keep Manaphy awake, Greninja to pressure, Hawlucha is faster than Swampert after unburden). Landorus-T closes the team off providing defog support, and a primary switch-in to ground types. Explosion is nice to ensure Hawlucha gets in for free.

Team B - Sunsetwinds
tyranitar-mega.gif
keldeo.gif
garchomp.gif
Ash_Greninja.gif
magearna.gif
landorus-therian.gif

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog
Seeing that for this occasion the chosen one is mega Tyranitar I have encouraged myself to try to do something based on him. Well, since it is a good mon to catch Latios / Latias and is immune to psychic movements, it complements well with Keldeo. It is common but not bad core. Both can eliminate each other's threats. Well, the next one occurred to me Garchomp. Analyzing a little, he thought about his offensive set Z but he wanted to do so to support the team and fit the physical damage better. It is also a set that I love with the help of Rocky Helmet. Here comes Ash Greninja, it was not very complicated since it has a lot of use and is a good mon. It allows me to hit hard and press with Spikes. I like it as a complement to Chomp. The turn of my user Z. In this case Fight for Chansey or Heatran. I find it more useful this time. Ice Beam as coverage vs Lando / dragons. I'm missing something fast and that I can eliminate SR from my side and nothing better than Landorus Scarf with evs cast to better fit things like Kartana or Hawlucha.

Team C - Mannat
magearna.gif
landorus-therian.gif
manaphy.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
tapukoko.gif
hawlucha.gif

Magearna @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Explosion

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wild Charge

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
Seeing as SR Megatar is usually what comes to mind when talking about building with it, I decided to show a bit of a less used approach for it. DD Megatar is insanely bulky with dual screens up, so it makes for a terrifying sweeper. Otherwise, this team is pretty straightforward, Lando-T being the suicide SR lead, Gear + Lucha making great cleaners vs offense, and Manaphy covering basically any fat team besides those with some more niche counters like Shedinja and Pyukumuku. This team isn't very well suited for the current OLT ladder, with how frequently used Shedinja stall is, but it's still a really fun and effective HO nontheless.

Team D - Solaros & Lunaris
reuniclus.gif
toxapex.gif
tangrowth.gif
excadrill.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
celesteela.gif

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
This was a team I made ironically during last year’s OLT and while I think its still good, one of the sand teams being used this OLT (Chans/Skarm/Ttar/Exca/Reuni/Ditto) somewhat outclasses it. Still good enough for this thread though lol. The team’s objective is to abuse Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, sand and Leech Seed to weaken the enemy team into the range of Reuniclus or Excadrill. Stealth Rock Mega Tyranitar guarantees Stealth Rock on the field almost always, only really losing to well-played Tapu Fini. It is particularly good at scaring away Sableye and keeping hazards against stall. While this is a bit harder with this spread, the extra bulk really does help in the long run. This spread helps it survive Lele’s Focus Blast, Kart’s Sacred Sword and offensive Lando’s EQ from full. Ice Beam, while weak uninvested, still hurts Gliscor, Garchomp and offensive Lando. Excadrill loves Megatar and the support this team provides because it annoys much of what Excadrill hates to see. Zapdos, Rotom and Celesteela are quickly annoyed by this team and that just lets Excadrill go to town. It also provides a Ground type who slaps Koko and speed control. Its checks are also setup for Reuniclus and vice versa. Speaking of, Reuni is a Medi, Lop and physical Gren check, and the second setup sweeper of the team, generally being used against defensive teams. 2 attacks is an option, however I like Double Dance rn since the team handles Darks well. Pex kicks off our defensive core, handling Ash-Greninja, Volcatona and setting Toxic Spikes. It also Hazes opposing boosters like ZardX. Tangrowth gives us a Band Bulu and Kartana check, letting Cele run full SpDef here. These two form a strong Leech Seed core together, while Tang also forms a double Regen core with Pex. Cele is a Ground immunity and secondary Steel, you know what it does. Team is a bit weak to non-Firium Tran but I think thats the only real issue, and you always Exca to revenge kill it.

Team E - toninho100%
tyranitar-mega.gif
reuniclus.gif
landorus-therian.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
magearna.gif
breloom.gif

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
This team revolves around Mega Tyranitar's ability to Pursuit trap Psychic types like Reuniclus, the Latis, Mew, and others. After those Psychics are gone my Reuni and Breloom can really shine, Reuniclus and his Psyshocks can absolutely sweep the opponents team after some boosts, this little fetus also checks fighting types that threathen Tyranitar like MMedi, Hawlucha, and MLopp.

Torn can check fighting types too, but not so efficiently, Torn's main role is to pivot around and to beat Bulky Grasses.

Breloom is another mon that abuses from the lack of Psychic types, which allows it to spam Focus Punch. People say this mon is bad but SubPunch Loom almost always deals immense damage on a battle, it is also a good clutch mon, that saved me from an inevitable Gyarados sweep here(i played like thrash and still lost tho lol) Spore is super nice, 150 STAB is super nice, Mach Punch to revenge kill gren after a little bit of chip from rocks is also nice, overall Breloom is a nice mon. Its EV Spread has (almost)max atk, 100 speed is for outspeeding max speed Adamant MMaw and 88 speed Mega Ttar. The rest of the EVs went to HP and SPDef, i couldn't just invest on HP bc my HP stat has to be divisible by 16 so i can get maximum Toxic Heal recovery.

Landorus was the replacement for Sand Rush Excadrill, which I thought didn't fit in my team, since sand relies so much in momentum, which is something my team lacks with both Reuniclus and Breloom completely messing up w my momentum. Lando serves as a ground immunity, speed cotrol, momentum grabber, all that's stuff you know about.

AV Mage is my AshGren check(Breloom can also work if the Gren has been properly chipped), it is also the Steel and Fairy type my team lacked, it can grab momentum, and check other stuff like Koko or other Mags too.

Team F - Hashg Skynyrd
excadrill.gif
tyranitar-mega.gif
tangrowth.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
magearna.gif

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Magearna @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
this is my tyranitar team this is its base is excadrill, tornadus-thedian, magearna, rotom-wash, tangrowth this team is good but it is weak to several pokemon but it is useful at least it helps me I made several team base but this was The one that served the most and I was improving it more and more I'm not the best team building but I'm learning and I wanted to test my level here, this team is weak against the rain but if they know how to use it they won't give them much trouble

Team G - RequinBleu
tyranitar-mega.gif
excadrill.gif
volcarona.gif
tapufini.gif
tangrowth.gif
tornadus-therian.gif

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Whirlpool

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

EVs: 216 HP / 100 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
This team is based on Sand & FireWaterGrass core. I played SR Mega-Tyranitar because it's the best set for make Sandstorm for Excadrill. I played Adamant Excadrill for smash Landorus-T and Garchomp. Defensive Volcarona is my solution for Revenge Kill Mega-Mawile and Mega-Scizor after SD (44 Evs speed for outspeed Lopunny-Mega after one Quiver Dance). I prefer Giga Drain here because Mega-Tyranitar can PursuitTrap Lati@s and it's a good lure against Mega-Diancie, Gatrodon and make more damage on Landorus-T with Z move. Whirpool Tapu Fini help Volcarona to sweep thanks to trap Chansey, Toxapex and Heatran. Also Misty Terrain is very useful for immunize Excadrill from to ScaldBurn and Volcarona from to Toxik. Tangrowth + Tornadus-T help this team to take & Revenge Kill AshGreninja, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Mega-Alakazam, Garchomp, Kartana, Landorus-T...

Team C - Mannat
Great HO, with the ability to go longer into attrition against certain teams if needed. I found Aqua Tail peculiar as a substitute for Ice Punch, as it only really hits Tran, drill and opposing rock types for super effective damage over ice punch. However, the extra 15BP came in handy every now and then for hitting neutral effectives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)