Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Week 5: Kartana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
:kartana: :tapu fini: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :tangrowth: :rotom wash:

import

pretty standardized kartana team i've been playing in some casual tours for the last few months. it makes use of the swords dance z giga impact variant and it tries to give ya as winnable a match-up as possible in every game. it can struggle with overwhelming offensive cores like psychic spam if they are aggressive, but besides that it does a good job. rotom-w and landorus-t provide good momentum for kartana whereas the defensive backbone of tapu fini, heatran, and tangrowth does a nice job keeping most of the metagame in check. you can opt for epower on tran if you are paranoid of some things.

Scarf-tana Semi-stall

https://pokepast.es/9d1046c6583c2b66

I'll write up description later today. In short, bulu-tran-gastro is great defensive core. Mega Hera breaks pretty much anything under terrain. Scarf kartana does it's usual thing and is emergency defog...you don't really care about rocks most of the time though. I've messed with tailwind into Hera. Cofagrigus is here so that you don't get obliterated by the huge power megas.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-977789980

Last edited:
1568847827621.png
1568847869753.png
1568847890241.png
1568847973365.png
1568848011854.png
1568848042100.png

bulky defog grassium Z kartana + band victini offense

this thread seems so funny, and I wanted to build some bulky defog kart team.
team is very simple. Band Victini + SR rachi + Helmet 3 Attack Zap + Defog Grassium Kart + Defog Fini + Scarf Krook.
Victini has Toxic for Lati or even Swampert, Jirachi has Iapapa Berry for Longevity, Zapdos' speed for faster than Gliscor, Kartana's speed investment for faster than offensive Chomp, bulk investment for guaranteed live +2 Chomp EQ. attack investment guaranteed OHKO offensive Chomp with Bloom Doom. Fini is Fini, Krook is for electric + psychic immunity, also Alakazam answer.
this team has very bad match up vs some type of teams, but this team is funny hoho.

https://pokepast.es/e4883b3cada953a1

Last edited:

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

you probably have seen some similar team on tour/ladder, this is your bread and butter kartana bulky offense team with maw, lele and lando as breakers to weaken stuff for scarf tana, which is a really good wincon vs more offensive teams, with mawile being able to come in on helmet torns and latias, lele weakening stuff like steela gearna tran etc and lando possibly luring bulky grasses or knocking steela's leftovers. av gearna and rotom are good glue mons to check stuff like mega-zam, heatran, sg magearna, ash gren. etc.

PS: rotom spread/moveset can be tweaked to handle some physical attackers better with a phys def spread and/or wisp > twave, but spdef helps vs ash gren (av gearna can be chipped throughout the match), wisp helps vs bulu/tana coming on it and helps it check m-scizor better. pain split is also an option for more longevity, but with this kind of team you usually won't need it much.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Chemical Plant Zone - SD Kart + Specs Koko Bulky Offense

:sm/Kartana::sm/tapu-koko::sm/tyranitar-mega::sm/tapu-bulu::sm/jirachi::sm/landorus-therian:

This has probably been my favorite core in all of USM. Kartana and Koko have crazy synergy between Kart slapping everything that switches into Koko while Koko can keep grabbing momentum with Volt Switch. I added Mega Tyranitar as my Rocker, as it beats most Defoggers and pressures all of Kart’s checks, particularly the Latis. It also provides an additional Flying resist so Torn doesn’t prove an issue. Fire Punch deals with many of Koko’s checks, giving the option to Volt into it. Bulu is the glue of the team; it takes on Ground-types, Ash-Greninja and also acts as a decent breaker. It also provides Grassy Terrain, which helps Kart, Jirachi and MTar. Stone Edge is definitely an option over Synthesis to lure Zapdos and Tornadus. Rachi is a check to Psychics, and forms a strong defensive core with Bulu and MTar. Finally, Scarf Lando rounds the team out, giving the team a Ground and Electric immunity, as well as anVoltTurn core and Defog.

Very late submission week is finally over!

Team A by Finchinator
:sm/Kartana::sm/Tapu_Fini::sm/Landorus-Therian::sm/Heatran::sm/Tangrowth::sm/Rotom-Wash:
import
pretty standardized kartana team i've been playing in some casual tours for the last few months. it makes use of the swords dance z giga impact variant and it tries to give ya as winnable a match-up as possible in every game. it can struggle with overwhelming offensive cores like psychic spam if they are aggressive, but besides that it does a good job. rotom-w and landorus-t provide good momentum for kartana whereas the defensive backbone of tapu fini, heatran, and tangrowth does a nice job keeping most of the metagame in check. you can opt for epower on tran if you are paranoid of some things.

Team B by Veez

https://pokepast.es/9d1046c6583c2b66
In short, bulu-tran-gastro is great defensive core. Mega Hera breaks pretty much anything under terrain. Scarf kartana does it's usual thing and is emergency defog...you don't really care about rocks most of the time though. I've messed with tailwind into Hera. Cofagrigus is here so that you don't get obliterated by the huge power megas.

Team C by Ahy Wddicted
:sm/Victini::sm/jirachi::sm/zapdos::sm/kartana::sm/Tapu_fini::sm/Krookodile:
I wanted to build some bulky defog kart team.
team is very simple. Band Victini + SR rachi + Helmet 3 Attack Zap + Defog Grassium Kart + Defog Fini + Scarf Krook.
Victini has Toxic for Lati or even Swampert, Jirachi has Iapapa Berry for Longevity, Zapdos' speed for faster than Gliscor, Kartana's speed investment for faster than offensive Chomp, bulk investment for guaranteed live +2 Chomp EQ. attack investment guaranteed OHKO offensive Chomp with Bloom Doom. Fini is Fini, Krook is for electric + psychic immunity, also Alakazam answer.
this team has very bad match up vs some type of teams, but this team is funny hoho.

Team D by Askov

you probably have seen some similar team on tour/ladder, this is your bread and butter kartana bulky offense team with maw, lele and lando as breakers to weaken stuff for scarf tana, which is a really good wincon vs more offensive teams, with mawile being able to come in on helmet torns and latias, lele weakening stuff like steela gearna tran etc and lando possibly luring bulky grasses or knocking steela's leftovers. av gearna and rotom are good glue mons to check stuff like mega-zam, heatran, sg magearna, ash gren. etc.

PS: rotom spread/moveset can be tweaked to handle some physical attackers better with a phys def spread and/or wisp > twave, but spdef helps vs ash gren (av gearna can be chipped throughout the match), wisp helps vs bulu/tana coming on it and helps it check m-scizor better. pain split is also an option for more longevity, but with this kind of team you usually won't need it much.

Team E by Solaros & Lunaris

:sm/Kartana::sm/tapu-koko::sm/tyranitar-mega::sm/tapu-bulu::sm/jirachi::sm/landorus-therian:

This has probably been my favorite core in all of USM. Kartana and Koko have crazy synergy between Kart slapping everything that switches into Koko while Koko can keep grabbing momentum with Volt Switch. I added Mega Tyranitar as my Rocker, as it beats most Defoggers and pressures all of Kart’s checks, particularly the Latis. It also provides an additional Flying resist so Torn doesn’t prove an issue. Fire Punch deals with many of Koko’s checks, giving the option to Volt into it. Bulu is the glue of the team; it takes on Ground-types, Ash-Greninja and also acts as a decent breaker. It also provides Grassy Terrain, which helps Kart, Jirachi and MTar. Stone Edge is definitely an option over Synthesis to lure Zapdos and Tornadus. Rachi is a check to Psychics, and forms a strong defensive core with Bulu and MTar. Finally, Scarf Lando rounds the team out, giving the team a Ground and Electric immunity, as well as anVoltTurn core and Defog.

Voting will end on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)