Resource USM Community Exhibit

Approved by Nayrz

Welcome to the Ubers Community Exhibit(patent pending)!
This thread will aim to be a combination of the best parts of both a sample team thread and a teambuilding workshop. A more casual way of players wanting to post teams for others or even get advice on teams they've built recently. Although this thread may be more relaxed than the sample team thread or the RMT Forums there are a few guidelines to keeping the thread healthy:

• Make sure that the team is somewhat viable, you can do this by checking out the Viability Rankings, Sample Teams, and asking around first.
  • If you are looking for advice test the team first, try to spot obvious flaws before asking for advice here. Testing and editing the team yourself saves not only yourself but also potential helpers time.
  • If you are submitting a team to be archived please make sure to have an importable of your team accompanied by a brief description outlining what type of play-style it is and how it works the way it does. Presentation also helps as well so some sprites added with them will not only make people take notice more but it saves me time adding the sprites to the archive.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Claw

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 Atk / 240 SpA / 152 SpD / 64 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Precipice Blades

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Def / 192 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Roar
- Recover

Figured most people would build teams with Hone Claws/Tailwind sets so I figured I would try something off the beaten path with an old classic: Scarf Zekrom. Normally this set is hard to make work because of Primal Groudon, which is what the MScizor + Dugtrio combo is for, baiting in and destroying PDon so Zekrom is free to Bolt Strike stuff. That being said, PDon isn't the only Ground-type in town, which is what Special RP PDon is for: as bait to Zygarde and Arceus-Ground, luring and smashing them both up so Zekrom can have a clean shot at sweeping lategame with Bolt Strike. As a bonus, SD MScizor + special PGroudon provides sufficient Fairy coverage while giving you multiple ways to abuse Ferrothorn. The remaining slots are mostly dedicated to checking stuff: Giratina-O provides a switch-in for most Ground mons/EKiller and Calm Mind Arceus-Dark provides the necessary Ghost and Dark resists and an alternate wincon, with Roar to allow it to check opposing CM Arceus-Dark. You can use Refresh instead of Roar if you're concerned about the stall matchup, against such a team you want to use Dugtrio against their Clefable/Magearna/Snatch Blissey or what have you. Thunder can also work if you're scared of Ho-Oh, which the team is a bit soft against.

If you have any questions about the thread and how it works feels free to PM me on the forums. Please do not PM me on the showdown server.​

Last edited:

Diancie + Gothitelle BO - bigtalk
This team features the core of SR Mega Diancie + Gothitelle which is very effective at getting rocks up against any playstyle. Mega Diancie has an amazing dual STAB combo that lets it beat the majority of hazard removers, including Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Giratina, Yveltal, Arceus-Dark, and Mega Sableye. The only removers that give it a hard time are support Arceus formes such as Arceus-Ground, which Gothitelle can switch into and trap should they attempt to Defog, and Excadrill, which can be dealt with if you simply lead off with Gothitelle.

Since this core is pretty fragile, the rest of the team follows a bulky offensive structure that systematically patches up its weaknesses. Although strong offensively, Diancie doesn't provide much defensive utility for a Fairy-type: it cannot check Marshadow (like Xerneas/Arceus-Fairy can) nor Xerneas (like Magearna can). So Poisonceus was added, which gives us a check to Fighting-types and GeoXern in a single slot; with Gothitelle trapping many of the passive steels that wall it, it's not too shabby of a wincon either. Next, Yveltal covers Poisonceus' weaknesses to Psychic- and Ground-type attacks, being able to pivot into and revenge kill the likes of Ultra Necrozma that may attempt to use it or Diancie as setup fodder. Mixed RP Pdon serves as a soft Kyogre check/secondary Xern check, pressures Steel-types, lures Zygarde for Poisonceus, and appreciates the Diancie + Goth core getting up rocks on Ho-Oh and trapping Waterceus. Finally, physical Kyogre gives us a solid Calm Mind Groundceus/mixed Pdon check, and lures Pdon to put it in range of Diancie/Poisonceus.

I Can't Believe It's Not Stall! - bigtalk
I had been trying to build a team with offensive Ho-Oh (LO/Band) but was struggling to achieve consistent results, as matches often come down to the question of whether your Defogger beats their rocker. It was agonizing to use Band Ho-Oh and lose to teams with SR Groundceus/Fairyceus, so I changed it to LO and paired it with a team that plays an extremely strong hazard game. Giratina is our primary Defogger that can deal with rock move Pdon, it's also our go-to physical wall that checks opposing Ho-Oh, physical Kyogre, etc. Sableye checks Ultra Necrozma/LO Marsh which overwhelm Ho-Oh, and it also deals with passive hazard setters like Ferrothorn and support Necrozma-DM, easing pressure on Ho-Oh and letting Giratina run Roar. Finally, Ho-Oh itself can Defog on most support Arceus formes including Groundceus/Fairyceus thanks to its ability to switch up moves. The rest of the team is fairly standard: Magearna to check GeoXern/Yveltal and provide cleric support, Pdon to soft check Kyogre and set rocks, and CM Groundceus as a secondary Pdon check that serves as a late-game wincon once Ho-Oh has killed off/poisoned their Water-type.

A glaring weakness of the team is that it lacks a Ghost-type switchin, meaning stuff like Lunala, Gengar, Z-move/Band Marshadow, etc. can go ham on the team if played correctly. The team mostly relies on Ho-Oh's special bulk + Regenerator to check the former two; as for Marshadow, it needs the Z-move in order to break through Mega Sableye from full, so you can force them to expend it to KO Sableye, after which it can be dealt with pretty easily.

This is a very similar team that I made a while back, the major differences are Groundceus is now Defog and Toxapex replaces Giratina as check to Fighting-types/opposing Ho-Oh. While tspikes + Ho-Oh may seem counterintuitive, the main reason why I like this team is Toxapex can switch into the hazard setters that beat our removers, namely Waterceus (beats Groundceus) and Fairyceus (beats Sableye), so even in games where you're not able to keep rocks off you can force tspikes on them and potentially make them defog for you.

Wish + 150 BP Primals - bigtalk
150 BP moves on primals are insanely broken atm, but one of their biggest downsides is that they lose power as you lose health. Wish + Heal Bell support from Blissey remedies this, allowing you to spam these high-powered moves indefinitely and blow past stall. The rest of team consists of a bunch of anti-offense mons designed to support these three: Mega Salamence is our primary Pdon check that Defogs to preserve the power of the moves, and absorbs status from stuff like Ho-Oh. Fairyceus is our Marsh switchin/rocker, and can use Twave to slow down stuff like Ultra Necrozma so it's more vulnerable to the primals. Lastly Lunala is our scarfer to revenge kill Ultra, as otherwise it can up on literally anything besides Fairyceus and proceed to 6-0 the team.

Obligatory warning: I haven't tested this team a whole lot yet, but sharing it here anyway since I think it should be really fun to use :) It's based on this UPL team from obii.

Mega Tyranitar Balance - bigtalk
This is an old team I created nearly 6 months ago but it's still probably one of my favorite builds. It revolves around a core of Mega Tyranitar + Toxapex, the two have great synergy as Tyranitar can Pursuit trap Psychic-types and Mega Gengar (which is also the most common tspikes remover) for pex, while Toxapex can switch into Fighting-types like Marshadow and Mega Lucario for it. Of course Ground-types pose a threat to this core, so Giratina-O was added next to check Pdon, provide Defog support and abuse tspikes with Hex. Magearna adds a cleric and has great synergy with Giratina, covering its Xern weakness and reducing pressure on Ttar to check Yveltal as some variants carry Toxic and/or U-turn; you could also consider it a tspike abuser of sorts, since stuff like Groudon/Groundceus cannot come in to block Volt Switch if tspikes are up. Ho-Oh is our speed control and answer to threats like CM Groundceus/Fairyceus, as otherwise Ground/Ice or Ground/Fairy coverage is really threatening to the team. Finally Grassceus gives us a check to Kyogre/Zygarde, and takes full advantage of Ttar's ability to deal with Flying-types and Pursuit trap Gengar.

It's worth noting that this team is really weak to Ultra Necrozma, as it requires getting a play with Ho-Oh correct (just click Brave Bird dummy) and you need some prior chip on it. In the future I may post a revised version, probably with something like Celesteela over Ho-Oh.

Xerneas + Arceus-Fairy BO - bigtalk
This is another team that I have not tested extensively but I think the concept is pretty cool. Wisp Fairyceus lures and neuters Steel-types like support Necrozma and Mega Scizor that are supposed to check Xerneas, allowing Z-Geomancy Xerneas to easily sweep late-game because they cannot touch it after the defense boost. Rest of the team was built fairly systematically: Salamence is Defogger and Ho-Oh/non-mixed Pdon check, spdef Necrozma is Xern/supportceus check, physical Kyogre is CM Groundceus/mixed Pdon check and lures Blissey/Pdon, Marshadow pressures steels and Pursuit traps Ghost-types like Gengar that the team lacks switchins to. The team has a very strong matchup versus bulkier playstyles such as stall, so if you are struggling with that you can give this team a try.

Naganadel Spikes Offense - bigtalk
This team is built around Naganadel, an IMO underrated breaker/sweeper that's very good at dismantling bulkier teams. Marshadow was the first partner chosen as it pressures Steel-types and checks priority revenge killers, like Arceus, for Naganadel. Klefki switches into the most common Marsh revenge killers, namely scarf Xern/Yveltal, and sets Spikes which Naganadel loves for chipping away at Steel-types (and other teammates appreciate too). DD Zygarde adds yet another method of pressuring Steel-types/Ho-Oh, and both Klefki/Zygarde can potentially buy Naganadel a free setup turn via paralysis hax. For the rock setter, I chose a max special attack Pdon with Rock Tomb + Overheat to pressure Defoggers like Ho-Oh and Groundceus that Klefki loses to. Finally, Mega Gyarados adds a soft check to CM Groundceus/mixed Pdon which would otherwise completely wash the team due to having 3 ground weaks. Defensive Zygarde is another potentially annoying mon to deal with as it also walls most of the team, so Marshadow is running HP Ice as the fourth move.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
:blobthumbsup: This is great! Been waiting forever for a thread like this, I'll go ahead and kick it off with some of my favorites.

Diancie + Gothitelle BO
This team features the core of SR Mega Diancie + Gothitelle which is very effective at getting rocks up against any playstyle. Mega Diancie has an amazing dual STAB combo that lets it beat the majority of hazard removers, including Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Giratina, Yveltal, Arceus-Dark, and Mega Sableye. The only removers that give it a hard time are support Arceus formes such as Arceus-Ground, which Gothitelle can switch into and trap should they attempt to Defog, and Excadrill, which can be dealt with if you simply lead off with Gothitelle.

Since this core is pretty fragile, the rest of the team follows a bulky offensive structure that systematically patches up its weaknesses. Although strong offensively, Diancie doesn't provide much defensive utility for a Fairy-type: it cannot check Marshadow (like Xerneas/Arceus-Fairy can) nor Xerneas (like Magearna can). So Poisonceus was added, which gives us a check to Fighting-types and GeoXern in a single slot; with Gothitelle trapping many of the passive steels that wall it, it's not too shabby of a wincon either. Next, Yveltal covers Poisonceus' weaknesses to Psychic- and Ground-type attacks, being able to pivot into and revenge kill the likes of Ultra Necrozma that may attempt to use it or Diancie as setup fodder. Mixed RP Pdon serves as a soft Kyogre check/secondary Xern check, pressures Steel-types, lures Zygarde for Poisonceus, and appreciates the Diancie + Goth core getting up rocks on Ho-Oh and trapping Waterceus. Finally, physical Kyogre gives us a solid Calm Mind Groundceus/mixed Pdon check, and lures Pdon to put it in range of Diancie/Poisonceus.

I Can't Believe It's Not Stall!
I had been trying to build a team with offensive Ho-Oh (LO/Band) but was struggling to achieve consistent results, as matches often come down to the question of whether your Defogger beats their rocker. It was agonizing to use Band Ho-Oh and lose to teams with SR Groundceus/Fairyceus, so I changed it to LO and paired it with a team that plays an extremely strong hazard game. Giratina is our primary Defogger that can deal with rock move Pdon, it's also our go-to physical wall that checks opposing Ho-Oh, physical Kyogre, etc. Sableye checks Ultra Necrozma/LO Marsh which overwhelm Ho-Oh, and it also deals with passive hazard setters like Ferrothorn and support Necrozma-DM, easing pressure on Ho-Oh and letting Giratina run Roar. Finally, Ho-Oh itself can Defog on most support Arceus formes including Groundceus/Fairyceus thanks to its ability to switch up moves. The rest of the team is fairly standard: Magearna to check GeoXern/Yveltal and provide cleric support, Pdon to soft check Kyogre and set rocks, and CM Groundceus as a secondary Pdon check that serves as a late-game wincon once Ho-Oh has killed off/poisoned their Water-type.

A glaring weakness of the team is that it lacks a Ghost-type switchin, meaning stuff like Lunala, Gengar, Z-move/Band Marshadow, etc. can go ham on the team if played correctly. The team mostly relies on Ho-Oh's special bulk + Regenerator to check the former two; as for Marshadow, it needs the Z-move in order to break through Mega Sableye from full, so you can force them to expend it to KO Sableye, after which it can be dealt with pretty easily.

This is a very similar team that I made a while back, the major differences are Groundceus is now Defog and Toxapex replaces Giratina as check to Fighting-types/opposing Ho-Oh. While tspikes + Ho-Oh may seem counterintuitive, the main reason why I like this team is Toxapex can switch into the hazard setters that beat our removers, namely Waterceus (beats Groundceus) and Fairyceus (beats Sableye), so even in games where you're not able to keep rocks off you can force tspikes on them and potentially make them defog for you.

Wish + 150 BP Primals
150 BP moves on primals are insanely broken atm, but one of their biggest downsides is that they lose power as you lose health. Wish + Heal Bell support from Blissey remedies this, allowing you to spam these high-powered moves indefinitely and blow past stall. The rest of team consists of a bunch of anti-offense mons designed to support these three: Mega Salamence is our primary Pdon check that Defogs to preserve the power of the moves, and absorbs status from stuff like Ho-Oh. Fairyceus is our Marsh switchin/rocker, and can use Twave to slow down stuff like Ultra Necrozma so it's more vulnerable to the primals. Lastly Lunala is our scarfer to revenge kill Ultra, as otherwise it can up on literally anything besides Fairyceus and proceed to 6-0 the team.

Obligatory warning: I haven't tested this team a whole lot yet, but sharing it here anyway since I think it should be really fun to use :) It's based on this UPL team from obii.

Mega Tyranitar Balance
This is an old team I created nearly 6 months ago but it's still probably one of my favorite builds. It revolves around a core of Mega Tyranitar + Toxapex, the two have great synergy as Tyranitar can Pursuit trap Psychic-types and Mega Gengar (which is also the most common tspikes remover) for pex, while Toxapex can switch into Fighting-types like Marshadow and Mega Lucario for it. Of course Ground-types pose a threat to this core, so Giratina-O was added next to check Pdon, provide Defog support and abuse tspikes with Hex. Magearna adds a cleric and has great synergy with Giratina, covering its Xern weakness and reducing pressure on Ttar to check Yveltal as some variants carry Toxic and/or U-turn; you could also consider it a tspike abuser of sorts, since stuff like Groudon/Groundceus cannot come in to block Volt Switch if tspikes are up. Ho-Oh is our speed control and answer to threats like CM Groundceus/Fairyceus, as otherwise Ground/Ice or Ground/Fairy coverage is really threatening to the team. Finally Grassceus gives us a check to Kyogre/Zygarde, and takes full advantage of Ttar's ability to deal with Flying-types and Pursuit trap Gengar.

It's worth noting that this team is really weak to Ultra Necrozma, as it requires getting a play with Ho-Oh correct (just click Brave Bird dummy) and you need some prior chip on it. In the future I may post a revised version, probably with something like Celesteela over Ho-Oh.

Xerneas + Arceus-Fairy BO
This is another team that I have not tested extensively but I think the concept is pretty cool. Wisp Fairyceus lures and neuters Steel-types like support Necrozma and Mega Scizor that are supposed to check Xerneas, allowing Z-Geomancy Xerneas to easily sweep late-game because they cannot touch it after the defense boost. Rest of the team was built fairly systematically: Salamence is Defogger and Ho-Oh/non-mixed Pdon check, spdef Necrozma is Xern/supportceus check, physical Kyogre is CM Groundceus/mixed Pdon check and lures Blissey/Pdon, Marshadow pressures steels and Pursuit traps Ghost-types like Gengar that the team lacks switchins to. The team has a very strong matchup versus bulkier playstyles such as stall, so if you are struggling with that you can give this team a try.

Naganadel Spikes Offense
This team is built around Naganadel, an IMO underrated breaker/sweeper that's very good at dismantling bulkier teams. Marshadow was the first partner chosen as it pressures Steel-types and checks priority revenge killers, like Arceus, for Naganadel. Klefki switches into the most common Marsh revenge killers, namely scarf Xern/Yveltal, and sets Spikes which Naganadel loves for chipping away at Steel-types (and other teammates appreciate too). DD Zygarde adds yet another method of pressuring Steel-types/Ho-Oh, and both Klefki/Zygarde can potentially buy Naganadel a free setup turn via paralysis hax. For the rock setter, I chose a max special attack Pdon with Rock Tomb + Overheat to pressure Defoggers like Ho-Oh and Groundceus that Klefki loses to. Finally, Mega Gyarados adds a soft check to CM Groundceus/mixed Pdon which would otherwise completely wash the team due to having 3 ground weaks. Defensive Zygarde is another potentially annoying mon to deal with as it also walls most of the team, so Marshadow is running HP Ice as the fourth move.

Last edited:
:blobthumbsup: This is great! Been waiting forever for a thread like this, I'll go ahead and kick it off with some of my favorites.

Diancie + Gothitelle BO

I Can't Believe It's Not Stall!

Wish + 150 BP Primals

Mega Tyranitar Balance

Xerneas + Arceus-Fairy BO

Naganadel Spikes Offense
Actually updated this thread after forgetting it existed for ages! Gives me a reason to bump it too! Encouraging people to post here now I'm actually going to update it :3

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Bored so I'm sharing more interesting/unique teams. Kinda wish other people would post here though :[

Grassceus Bulky Offense

Tyranitar has basically perfect type synergy with Grassceus so the two of them pair really well; it's able to deal with Mega Gengar, Ho-Oh, etc. while Grassceus deals with Primal Kyogre and Zygarde for it. Flying-types are usually walled by either Tyranitar or Celesteela, ie. Rayquaza carries either Earthquake or V-create but not both at the same time. Kyogre does a good job of soaking up status from Ho-Oh, and you can sneakily switch into Pdon from Grassceus/Celesteela since the only thing it can touch them with is a Fire-type move, or from Kyogre -> Grassceus knowing that they won't use a Fire-type move.

Z-Geomancy Xerneas

This team features Z-Geomancy Xerneas as the wincon paired with Will-O-Wisp + Hex Mega Gengar to remove support Dusk Mane. Zygarde is the physical wall that takes care of Ho-Oh, Marshadow, and non-special Pdon, Ho-Oh provides speed control and helps with threats like Xerneas, special Pdon, and Supportceus. Pdon deals with Xerneas/Kyogre as usual, while Darkceus provides Defog support for Ho-Oh and helps with threats like Ultra Necrozma and Choice Scarf Lunala.

Note: This team does not have a Water resist besides Pdon, so if Primal Kyogre comes in against Pdon then you will lose a mon. If you want to use the team you can consider changing Darkceus to Waterceus, I'm just not a big fan of Defog Waterceus.

Ditto Psyspam

This is a very AIDS fun team to use if you're looking for some quick games and don't want to use your brain too much, it's absolutely fantastic on the lower ladder. Get up rocks with Excadrill, set up terrain with Lele, then immediately go to Deoxys and either set up a Nasty Plot (if your sash is still intact) or start firing off attacks. Geomancy Xerneas is the team's way of pressuring Dark-types like Arceus-Dark and Tyranitar that wall our psychics, and benefits from them weakening its checks like Dusk Mane and Magearna. Ditto is the team's insurance against setup sweepers like RP Primal Groudon/Dusk Mane and gives us the luxury of running Rock Tomb + Toxic on Excadrill (Toxic is nice for DD Zygarde thinking that it gets a free sub on you).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)