Resource Useful LC stuff / Introductions / Simple Questions Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the COIL formula, what is the B value of the current LC Suspect test? I want to put the equation in my calculator so I know exactly how many battles I must play.
The B value for this test is 43. Use this equation to find how many battles it'll take for you to get reqs:
N = 43/log2(40*GXE/1950)

source: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/blob/master/ladder.php

Weirdly enough, I've never actually posted in this thread. Hi guys, I'm sparktrain. Nice to meet you all.

Hiya :3
Insert long and tragic back story here.
LC is gr8 because cute mons and spritzee.
I'm terrible at teambuilding and average at playing.
Yagura sucks.

Can't wait to learn LC again and be a part of the community~
Normally Spritzee is an excuse not to play LC.

Regardless, welcome! Feel free to PM me if you need anything n_n

Hi, can some one please explain to me how Analytic works on Magnemite? Bulbapedia says "Boosts move power when the Pokémon moves after the target." But if you're equipping a Choice Scarf on it, it will usually move before the target though? Or is there some sort of Analytic mechanics that I didn't get?

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Hi, can some one please explain to me how Analytic works on Magnemite? Bulbapedia says "Boosts move power when the Pokémon moves after the target." But if you're equipping a Choice Scarf on it, it will usually move before the target though? Or is there some sort of Analytic mechanics that I didn't get?
While it may seem counter intuitive, Analytic is run as it grants the boost whenever the opponents switches as well. And priority that you live will grant the boost, which is cool on a Scarf pokemon.

Last edited:
Reactions: RZL
Hello all.

It has been awhile since I have been active and I saw the PGL is holding a Little Cup tournament this month and I was curious if weather teams are still effective in LC?

I know Hail and Sandstorm do minor damage, and Stealth Rock support would also do minimal. Sun and Rain would need to be set by using the respected moves, or Vulpix for Drought.

I would think Sun or Rain would be the most usable since they can increase speed, but Sandstorm has a few speed abusers and more of a damage increase I believe.

Hail and Sand would be more to evasion boost also I think.

I'm just wondering if they are viable or will I have a long boring beat down in the tournament?

Thanks in advance.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello all.

It has been awhile since I have been active and I saw the PGL is holding a Little Cup tournament this month and I was curious if weather teams are still effective in LC?

I know Hail and Sandstorm do minor damage, and Stealth Rock support would also do minimal. Sun and Rain would need to be set by using the respected moves, or Vulpix for Drought.

I would think Sun or Rain would be the most usable since they can increase speed, but Sandstorm has a few speed abusers and more of a damage increase I believe.

Hail and Sand would be more to evasion boost also I think.

I'm just wondering if they are viable or will I have a long boring beat down in the tournament?

Thanks in advance.
Sun is still completely viable, and in PGL Sun is boosted to an insane degree by the return of Tangela. Tangela's actually 4th on usage stats and Vulpix close behind, at around 30% each (34% for Tangela). In standard Queenlucy's (sorry, Mad0ka) sun team is legendary, and sun is overall still effective.

Other weathers are less so. Rain teams exist, but since they must be set up manually they're uncommon and not actually too effective. Some Pokemon with Swift Swim do run Rain Dance as one of their moves though.

Hail "teams" don't really exist. Amaura with Snow Warning isn't overly uncommon, however, since it lets it BlizzSpam, stop Sun teams, and break sturdy.

Sand teams are pretty uncommon. They exist, but I haven't run into one in a long time. Hippo is useful beyond sand, and Drilbur is still threatening with Sand Rush, but it's not fantastic. PGL-wise, you're got issues with the Most Dominant Mon in Sneasel hitting you in the face with lots of ice.

In terms of abusing evasion chances, I wouldn't suggest it. Snow Cloak is only in the hands of Cubchoo and Swinub (and they're sorta ehhh...). Sand Veil is better though. It has Gligar, who doesn't have much of a better ability to run. Gligar's annihilated by Sneasel though.

And welcome back!

Sun is still completely viable, and in PGL Sun is boosted to an insane degree by the return of Tangela. Tangela's actually 4th on usage stats and Vulpix close behind, at around 30% each (34% for Tangela). In standard Queenlucy's (sorry, Mad0ka) sun team is legendary, and sun is overall still effective.

Other weathers are less so. Rain teams exist, but since they must be set up manually they're uncommon and not actually too effective. Some Pokemon with Swift Swim do run Rain Dance as one of their moves though.

Hail "teams" don't really exist. Amaura with Snow Warning isn't overly uncommon, however, since it lets it BlizzSpam, stop Sun teams, and break sturdy.

Sand teams are pretty uncommon. They exist, but I haven't run into one in a long time. Hippo is useful beyond sand, and Drilbur is still threatening with Sand Rush, but it's not fantastic. PGL-wise, you're got issues with the Most Dominant Mon in Sneasel hitting you in the face with lots of ice.

In terms of abusing evasion chances, I wouldn't suggest it. Snow Cloak is only in the hands of Cubchoo and Swinub (and they're sorta ehhh...). Sand Veil is better though. It has Gligar, who doesn't have much of a better ability to run. Gligar's annihilated by Sneasel though.

And welcome back!
Something I did not think of is that it is 3vs3. My entire team does not need to focus on the weather.

With Drought Vulpix I would have to make sure that a Snow Warning or Sand Stream user is slower to make sure its weather activates last.

And I did not think of the Smogon banned Pokémon being active for Nintendo.

Not that I mind, I just know people load up on the best and the variety will be down.

Thanks again for the info.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Not sure if this was mentioned or answered, but why are the EVs of LC pokemon so Obscure? And why aren't they like the normal 252/252/4 or 248/252/8?

Don't hate me

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's because the effects of EVs are scaled to the level, so at Level 100, it's a perfect system of 4 EVs = 1 point, but at lower levels you need more EVs, so you need 8 @ level 50, 16 @ 25, etc.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Because the typical 4 Evs for 1 star point is only applicable at level 100. At level 5, it takes 80 evs to boost a stat point aside from the first. 36 evs are needed for the first point if the given base stat ends in 0, 76 for a stat that ends in 5. Iirc, it is 20 evs for the first bump with a base stat ending in 2 and 12 for a base stat ending in 3, so BSTs of x2 have 1 less point than BSTs of x3. which means both Pokemon with stats that end in 3 (tirtogua I think) will be the only ones who should "max" an ev category and speed tiers ( at least the faster ones) are determined by x3 to y2, where y is one larger than x. For example, a maxed speed 63 Pokemon will be the same as a maxed speed 72 mon. About extra points, you'll typically see an extra 36 or 76 - most mons have at least one 5 stat that they max. These extra evs sometimes hit hp but usually defenses - odd hp numbers are more vital in lc because of the increased percentage value of a single hit point. Weird ending nons like spritzee and hippo you just need to play around with, try looking at the analysies to start.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In addition to what both Shrug and Quote have said, another thing to take into consideration is that Eviolite is incredibly common, so "hitting an eviolite number" is taken into heavy consideration when EVing. To explain briefly, the 1.5x multiplier of defenses that Eviolite provides is rounded down, so the LC equivalent of a 252/252 defensive spread isn't always the best spread.

As an example, you have a certain amount of EVs to invest in a Pokemon's defenses. You can have either 15 Def and 11 SpDef or 14 Def and 12 SpDef. If you got for the first option, after Eviolite you have functional 22/16 defenses. However, if you go for the latter option you end up with functional 21/18 defenses, which is a full extra stat point, although you end up with lower physical defense. In general this is the way investment works, although a few mons like Ponyta don't hit an eviolite number in order to survive specific attacks.

Another thing to keep in mind is that natures are, in general, a +1 boost to your stat (and of course the opposite is true as well). This is true in virtually every case, except when your Pokemon has a base stat of 103 or more. Since natures are a 10% boost (rounded down again) if you hit 20 in a stat before the nature is applied then you end up with a +2 boost. This doesn't come up often, but you should still keep it in mind.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Introduction, reintroduction, same diff

For the past two weeks or so, I have been reintroducing myself to Little Cup, mostly sticking to the ladder. I think this iteration of the metagame is BY FAR the most enjoyable out of all the metagames I have played since Gen IV. I personally feel Little Cup is in the most balanced state right now than it has been in a very long time and allows for greater creativity and diversity in team composition. I am really pleased with the direction Little Cup has gone and is still going, and I particularly commend the community's resources and welcoming attitude for new players.

Glad to part of it again, hope to see all of you on the ladder!

Last edited:
how's the lc meta imo it was really centralizing on like 12 mons
how's the lcuu meta is it interesting?
Welcome back Brosb4Ho-oh's, first I would like to say that the LC metagame is very balanced at the moment, and is not centralized at all. I think that this is the best LC Meta in Gen 6.

LC UU is interesting because Shell Smash is banned. Moreover Burd Spam.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Can someone give me a Snivy set to use? The analysis doesn't say anything about Contrary Snivy.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone give me a Snivy set to use? The analysis doesn't say anything about Contrary Snivy.
If there isn't an updated on-site analysis, you can generally find one in progress under the LC Analyses subforum. Snivy's is currently being worked on, but you can still check out for the moveset here.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
If there isn't an updated on-site analysis, you can generally find one in progress under the LC Analyses subforum. Snivy's is currently being worked on, but you can still check out for the moveset here.
Thank u. This is my 100th post!!!!!! Woooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)