df2.png

Skarmory moved from UU to OU
Tyranitar moved from UU to OU
Ditto moved from NU to OU
hqdefault.jpg

Thats all we have to say, goodbye

It's NU's turn to be like:
spicy memes.jpg

Zarude released on August 7, so your reasoning for it dropping is false. It wasn't that good in the tier and it not being ranked in the VR reflected that

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Wouldnt Pinchirchin go back to zu since it was zu before it rose to RU? Or did it actually had usage to be NU before it rose
Pincurchin rose to RU during the DLC shift because it got access to Rising Voltage. Regardless of whether it also had enough NU usage at the time (which it did), it counts as a drastic tier shift since this happened during what was essentially a new game release, so it has to drop down gradually.
Zarude released on August 7, so your reasoning for it dropping is false. It wasn't that good in the tier and it not being ranked in the VR reflected that
News flash: Japan is 13 hours ahead of the Showdown server. The day it is released in Japan is not relevant; what matters is the time zone our logs are in.

To everyone else: please stop posting substanceless, low effort memes. It makes finding actual discussion points really annoying.

The simultaneous Torkoal and Venusaur drops sure caught me off guard.

From watching recent competitive videos over the past couple weeks, Sun Teams still looked competent and versatile in the OU tier. Not only that but the most recent VR rankings still have both Torkoal and Venusaur ranked 1 peg higher than Pelliper and Kingdra (tho the latter dropped tbf). Sun looked strong but not something dominant enough to cause an uptick in hard counters. Did it just quietly start to peeter out over the month or something? Or did the bans of both Cinderace and Magearna make it less appealing since the former nukes hard in Sun while the latter would naturally be a good MU for Sun?

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Stats for this month are based solely on August usage, with a 4.52% rise/drop cutoff.
| 50 | Escavalier | 4.517% |

Since this is a tiny bit below 4.52%, shouldn’t Escavalier drop to NU?

I expected stuff like Aegislash and Kyreum being boosted to OU, but seeing TTar and especially Skamory get boosted caught me off guard. I've been seeing more TTar but no Skamory lately. The only thing I can really say about the lower tiers... which look pretty swampy right now... is that I expected Gastrodon to go up, not down. Been seeing a bit of it in OU lately... oh well. Definetely more happened than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)