Data Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2021 (August @ #51) (September @ #95)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy

Banned deucer.
also Arctozolt potentially dropping to ZU while being A rank in OU is so funny to me and idk why
Ninetales Alola wasn't a pokemon solely used for Hail but also for teams outside of Hail aka standard Aurora Veil hyper offense, in OLT ladder and regular ladder. This means Alolan Ninetales naturally had more usage than Arctozolt as it isn't based around Hail solely, as it can support other setup sweepers outside of the weather archetype in hail as well.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
please I thought we were done with this thing keep it away from here OU
Wdym? Skarm is amazing imo, a Steel/Flying pick that doesn't relies on lefties to heal up like Celesteela and an actual easier to slap on a team spiker '-'

Also, how did ladder achieved to keep Grimsnarl from not quickdroping to RU kek

Mandibuzz could move from OU to UU
A really good check to Aegislash comming...

Ninetales Alola wasn't a pokemon solely used for Hail but also for teams outside of Hail aka standard Aurora Veil hyper offense, in OLT ladder and regular ladder. This means Alolan Ninetales naturally had more usage than Arctozolt as it isn't based around Hail solely, as it can support other setup sweepers outside of the weather archetype in hail as well.
yeah I know that, it's just the possibility of an Untiered mon being in the same rank as OU staples like Clef, Ferro, and Kart that makes me commit tiny giggle

Wdym? Skarm is amazing imo, a Steel/Flying pick that doesn't relies on lefties to heal up like Celesteela and an actual easier to slap on a team spiker '-'
yeah that's the thing, it was on like every team and I just got sick of it.

Also, how did ladder achieved to keep Grimsnarl from not quickdroping to RU kek
the same ladder that somehow gave Regieleki almost 10% usage

Skarmory being slated to drop is so hype, it’s gonna provide a lot to the tier between spikes and checking threats like lycanroc-D, DD mence and gyara, and even the incoming excadrill

OU if you drop Tyranitar alongside all the others UU will forgive everything you have done to us this generation

Normally I would be all for a TTar drop, but since Excadrill is also most likely going to drop, I'm a bit more... wary on that...
I still think excadrill would be banned from uu. If skarm drops it will be a good counter but gigalith + drill looks really scary to me.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Skarmory being slated to drop is so hype, it’s gonna provide a lot to the tier between spikes and checking threats like lycanroc-D, DD mence and gyara, and even the incoming excadrill

OU if you drop Tyranitar alongside all the others UU will forgive everything you have done to us this generation
Don't worry bro, we'll save UU again. :blobthumbsup:

I still think excadrill would be banned from uu. If skarm drops it will be a good counter but gigalith + drill looks really scary to me.
Nah Drill will be fine, aside from Skarm we have stuff like Celesteela and Tangrowth that can deal with it. Having a good sand setter (Gigalith is to sand what Politoed is to rain) may push it over the edge, but the more I think about it the less I'm worried about it, even in sand.

romanji

eepy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think Excadrill is gonna stay in UU, mainly because it’s gonna provide crucial Rapid Spin support, be an Aegislash and Nihilego check, and there will be good checks to it such as Skarmory, both Moltres (it no rock slide) and Tangrowth. The problem with Gigalith is that it stacks weaknesses with Excadrill such as Water, Figting, and Ground, and is way too passive, mainly relying on Toxic for damage throughout the game

I’m really looking forward to the uu drops. All the mons that could drop sound like they could be staples. Unfortunate that mandi and drills ou runs are probably gonna end, they both have been one of a handful of mons that have been ou since the beginning of the generation

Hydreigon could move from OU to UU
Skarmory could move from OU to UU
Swampert could move from OU to UU
Doublade could move from RU to NU
Snorlax could move from RU to NU
Arctozolt could move from PU to ZU

Ferroseed leaving would be a huge blow to ZU despite only being B+. Its role compression is quite valuable for quite a few teams. In PU its seeing use to check common Pokemon like Mesprit, Aggron (yeah Superpower or Fire Punch but you can use Protect to easily scout those out), or HJK-less Tsareena though, so if it does end up leaving you could easily see why.

It leaving would give leeway to things like Klinklang or the more niche Grass-types. Though those still would have to contend with things like Rapidash or Alolan Sandslash. (And still I don't think its departure is gonna make Roselia viable despite me really wanting that thing to be viable)

doc1203

Banned deucer.
Hawlucha could move from OU to UUBL
Excadrill could move from OU to UU
Hydreigon could move from OU to UU
Skarmory could move from OU to UU
Swampert could move from OU to UU

Diggersby could move from RUBL to UU
Seismitoad could move from RU to UU
we-do-a-little-trolling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)