Data Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the cutoff was the same as it was last generation, Jirachi, Gengar, Grimm, Cloyster and Tyranitar would still have moved down. All of these are eclipsed in usage by Quagsire.

showdown is a weird website

It’s true that the shifts look a lot more severe than they actually are due to IoA novitiates having been put in OU to start, but I am curious how Tyranitar, Aegislash, etc. descended like they did. I feel like the common thread is (mostly) ground vulnerability. So either Scorching Sands is proving a terror, or there’s a ground-type novitiate I’m not recalling at the moment.

And that’s if I read the situation properly to begin with.

It’s true that the shifts look a lot more severe than they actually are due to IoA novitiates having been put in OU to start, but I am curious how Tyranitar, Aegislash, etc. descended like they did. I feel like the common thread is (mostly) ground vulnerability. So either Scorching Sands is proving a terror, or there’s a ground-type novitiate I’m not recalling at the moment.

And that’s if I read the situation properly to begin with.
at the very least, I feel aegislash and conk fell mostly from new toy syndrome. Aegislash is still very good in OU and I wouldn’t be surprised if it rose back up again

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
at the very least, I feel aegislash and conk fell mostly from new toy syndrome. Aegislash is still very good in OU and I wouldn’t be surprised if it rose back up again
For Conkeldurr especially, the addition of Urshifu eclipsed it. TTar was always just not that great this gen without pursuit and was gonna fall the second Joey’s fans got bored of spamming it

Aegislash moved from OU to UU
Aegislash.exe has stopped working. Don't worry, we're gathering the error data and then we'll restart for you.
Conkeldurr moved from OU to UU
ca841542aa0cd6acc927252e71a9599b.jpg

Grimmsnarl moved from OU to UU
Hatterene moved from OU to UU
Grimmsnarl: MAKE SCREENS HO GREAT AGAIN!
Hatterene: MAKE FULL TRICK ROOM GREAT AGAIN!
Blissey: Hello
Tyranitar moved from OU to UU
:crab: TYRANITAR IS UU :crab:

Honestly TTar is probably falling to ru next and has no reason to be banned from UU. There are now 11 fighting types in the tier, Krookodile, all 3 of the ghosts who fell have a secondary stab that is super effective against ttar, body press skarm, CC lycanroc, and alot of new fairies like klefki that can use it for free setup. There are also mons already in uu who beat ttar that I haven't mentioned and it isn't a reliable answer to indeedee since it is easily worn down by hazards and can't recover at all. The fact that Ttar managed to stay in OU for so long is the real surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)