Data Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2019 (August @ #42) (September @ #58)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably cuz we spam Clang Gang down in UU chat and we miss that Mofo. Also fuck OU. Y'all stole both amoonguss and mega-venu that one time and it made breloom so broken it is in BL now. Also Azumarill. Also YOU TOOK GLISCOR FROM US
Why don't you ask UU for a breloom retest instead of stall, maybe it can help bypass it in the tier.
I don't know how retest are decided but it is just a suggestion against such unworthy complain and hate.

August will count for 3/24 for the final shift, it's not going to matter. If you take for example 20:3:1 July:August:July then none of the things that would have quick risen this month because of the UU suspect test are anywhere close to the cutoff; the one most used only gets to 1.4%. They'll go right back to normal usage where they belong.
What if the suspect happened this month ? We would have a lot of unnecessary shifts.
Are councils of every tier aware that they shouldn't do suspects the month before the shifts ?

On a more general note if a pokemon's usage is as follows :
JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugust
3%3%3%4%3%3%3%3%
Then the said pokemon will rise if and only if the shifts happen early May, just to drop again in August. I'm just pointing out a little inconsistency in the usage based tiering method, which lead to removing quick rises but it actually wasn't enough to prevent what could be called "noise rises".

Last edited:

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really hope Keldeo and Mew don't end up dropping. Really don't wanna look for an answer to pursuit + CM Normalium-Z Keldeo / Nasty Plot Fightinium-Z Mew. Pidgeot-Mega also seems like it would be super unhealthy in RU with either refresh 2 attacks or work up refresh.

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
I really hope Keldeo and Mew don't end up dropping. Really don't wanna look for an answer to pursuit + CM Normalium-Z Keldeo / Nasty Plot Fightinium-Z Mew. Pidgeot-Mega also seems like it would be super unhealthy in RU with either refresh 2 attacks or work up refresh.
keldeo doesn't get pursuit, and why would you run normalium over waterium?

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
I think he meant that Latias gets pursuit trapped by another team member. I also guess that Normalium is to hit Mega-Altaria, Primarina and Amoongus that can all live Waterium. Those 4 are the first Keldeo checks that come to my mind that are currently uu.
Ok thanks for telling me I was confused, guess I’m just stupid

Keldeo def will but Mew still may get enough usage during OU tours and shit to keep it OU.

Anyways, Keldeo is still hardwalled by Jellicent, which is nice to have on balances anyways. Not to mention that Keldeo is decently frail, so revenge killing it with scarfers or Mega Aero won't be difficult. I think Keldeo will also hurt stall alot, which is a bonus considering how safe stall is right now. Overall, Keldeo will be a nice addition to the metagame.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Keldeo def will but Mew still may get enough usage during OU tours and shit to keep it OU.

Anyways, Keldeo is still hardwalled by Jellicent, which is nice to have on balances anyways. Not to mention that Keldeo is decently frail, so revenge killing it with scarfers or Mega Aero won't be difficult. I think Keldeo will also hurt stall alot, which is a bonus considering how safe stall is right now. Overall, Keldeo will be a nice addition to the metagame.

IDK, 91/90/90 defenses ain't frail at all

Are you really going there? Keldeo's defenses are more than adequate for an offensive Pokemon, even in OU, where its defenses/typing are solid enough to check Pokemon like Ash Greninja, Heatran, Mega Scizor, and Tyranitar. Keldeo may not have as much of a metagame impact as Scizor and Mega Altaria when it once again falls to UU, but calling it decently frail is not an adequate representation of things. That is not to say that there aren't some big threats to Keldeo in UU because there are, but Keldeo will at least be a decent switch-in to Scizor, which is obviously a useful trait to have.

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

You confirmed my point, the only good answer to Keldeo in the meta is a B rank mon.
There are plenty if mons that are able to resist Keldeo's both stabs, but the problem is that all of them are slower, except for Latias and Psyshock Starmie (which may get trapped). Them being slower means that they can't do anything about Keldeo clicking that +1 Z-move. On top of that, not only does it get a decent amount of opportunities to setup (Scizor, Gligar, Aggron, Bisharp, scarfer locked into a wrong move and more) but it's also hard to revenge kill as only Aerial Ace Aerodactyl (very suboptimal), Zeraora (B+), Scarf Togekiss (needs a flinch) Manectric-Mega and the two aforementioned are able to OHKO it or KO it with a bit of prior damage. And none of them (except for the two psychics) lik switching into any of Keldeo's attacks. This mon seems clearly unhealthy to me and I think deserves to get quickly quickbanned or suspect tested before the end of the gen if it ends up dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)