Data Usage-Based Tier Update for January 2019 (Feb @ #99) (Mar @ #111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite this, numerous common weaknesses mean Abomasnow can be offensively pressured easily. Also, Abomasnow is excruciatingly slow, so it needs considerable Speed investment to outpace most defensive Pokemon and is incapable of outspeeding the majority of offensive Pokemon; even with maximum Speed investment, Abomasnow is unable to outspeed Pokemon such as Umbreon and Porygon2 unless it uses a Speed-boosting nature. Abomasnow is also susceptible to all entry hazards and weak to Stealth Rock, which, alongside a recoil-causing STAB move in Wood Hammer, can lead to it being worn down quickly.

You can't just steal writing from the analysis and then pass it off as your own, while at the same time ignoring the cons that are pointed out.
I didn't steal it I credited it later

First off you asked for my opinion, so I gave it, second please stop flooding this thread.
Say more in one post?
Edit:
Thanks for merging!

Last edited:
Opinions on new shifts (only on mons who have never been in their new tier before)

RU

Metagross is going to be a very good mon and potentially a great offensive rocker and wallbreaker. Also, not having passivity issues like Bronzong ans Registeel is a great thing. It does have some good checks that prevent ir from being broken

Possible rank: A,A-

Stakataka will be the premier TR abusee of the tier and could possibly revive the TR playstyle. Dunno if it could be considered broken but has its obvious issues.

Possible rank: A

Darmanitan is very likely to be banned as ita raw power is out of this world and the tier might not be able to take hits from it safely. (Remember that RU does not have mons as fast as UU but scarf sets can help)

Possible rank: A+

Uxie will be the worst mon of the tier. Bad defensive typing, no reliable recovery, outclassed by cress and bronzong and beinh super passive.

Possible rank: D

NU

Mega Glalie is going to be possibly the best mega in the tier. Its hard hitting ice stab ia painful to switch into and it has some nice moves to work with like ice shard spikes and freeze dry. AV bro will be a problem.

Possible rank: A

PU

Minior will finally be viable somewhere. In its core form it is super fast and rock/ground/flying coverage is amazing. Shell smash makes even stronger and meteor allows it to set up better. Could possibly be quickbanned.

Possible rank: S,A+

I’ve used mega Glalie in NU and I can report that it is very threatening. Good speed, high attack and good offensive typing. It is, in my opinion, the best mega evolution in NU. That said, it does have its problems. Average bulk and terrible defensive typing give it few opportunities to come in, it’s weak to all entry hazards and it struggles to break just about everything that resists double edge. It reminds me a lot of Mamoswine in BW2 OU -It’s not the easiest thing to switch it in, but once it’s in safely you’re in trouble. Is it broken? Honestly I couldn’t say for sure right now, but if it stays it will easily be a top tier threat

Uxie is already C Tier making her a decent mon.
C Tier doesn't make it amazing at all. it just means it has a slight niche.
it does have a slight niche over cress and bronzong with having utility moves like knock off, u-turn, and yawn but still its entirely outclassed

C Tier doesn't make it amazing at all. it just means it has a slight niche.
it does have a slight niche over cress and bronzong with having utility moves like knock off, u-turn, and yawn but still its entirely outclassed
On the contrary, she doesn’t shine in RU. She may be faster than Bronzong and cress and she may have Stealth Rock. However, she is not a Flying or Steel type. Neither is cress who is another pure Psychic type with Levitate. Something isn’t right.

On the contrary, she doesn’t shine in RU. She may be faster than Bronzong and cress and she may have Stealth Rock. However, she is not a Flying or Steel type. Neither is cress who is another pure Psychic type with Levitate. Something isn’t right.
i never said it was good. i just said it had a few options over bronzong and cress but that was it, and it was completely outclassed

I think my biggest question regarding this tier shift is

like hello? Anyone care to explain why exactly this happened? Is it just RU ladder up to their bullshit again, or is there some legitmate use for uxie outside of tr that i’ve missed out on
its teammates are skewed in the usage stats so somebody probably spammed their team enough to make it rise

These Pokemon are listed as PU in Smogon's Strategy Pokedex when they should be listed as untiered.
Abomasnow
Basculin
Beheeyem
Bellossom
Bronzor
Combusken
Crabominable
Cradily
Ditto
Drifblim
Dusknoir
Exeggutor
Floatzel
Golem
Super Gourgeist
Granbull
Jumpluff
Kadabra
Kecleon
Leafeon
Mawile
Male Meowstic
Misdreavus
Mr. Mime
Muk
Murkrow
Musharna
Pom-Pom Oricorio
Pinsir
Probopass
Pyukumuku
Alolan Raichu
Rampardos
Alolan Raticate
Regice
Sandslash
Sawsbuck
Shiftry
Shuckle
Dragon, Ghost, Poison, and Water Silvally
Simisear
Smeargle
Stunfisk
Swanna
Tangela
Throh
Toucannon
Turtonator
Type: Null
Ursaring
Victreebel
Volbeat
Zangoose
Showdown!'s validator lists these Pokemon as ZUBL when it should list them as PU: Carracosta
ZU Based Changes:
Silvally-Ghost moved from PU to ZU
Type: Null moved from PU to ZUBL
Alolan Dugtrio moved from ZU to PU
Roselia moved from ZU to PU
Doesn't Crabominable also drop to ZUBL or something?
Being normal would make them weak to fighting and lose STAB for just about every good attack.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
These Pokemon are listed as PU in Smogon's Strategy Pokedex when they should be listed as untiered.
Abomasnow
Basculin
Beheeyem
Bellossom
Bronzor
Combusken
Crabominable
Cradily
Ditto
Drifblim
Dusknoir
Exeggutor
Floatzel
Golem
Super Gourgeist
Granbull
Jumpluff
Kadabra
Kecleon
Leafeon
Mawile
Male Meowstic
Misdreavus
Mr. Mime
Muk
Murkrow
Musharna
Pom-Pom Oricorio
Pinsir
Probopass
Pyukumuku
Alolan Raichu
Rampardos
Alolan Raticate
Regice
Sandslash
Sawsbuck
Shiftry
Shuckle
Dragon, Ghost, Poison, and Water Silvally
Simisear
Smeargle
Stunfisk
Swanna
Tangela
Throh
Toucannon
Turtonator
Type: Null
Ursaring
Victreebel
Volbeat
Zangoose
Showdown!'s validator lists these Pokemon as ZUBL when it should list them as PU: Carracosta Doesn't Crabominable also drop to ZUBL or something? Being normal would make them weak to fighting and lose STAB for just about every good attack.
There's not an actual "ZUBL" tier, so the Pokemon aren't moved to a special in-between tier between PU and ZU. Crabominable should be tiered as (PU), but it's banned from ZU anyways so it doesnt do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)