Data Usage-Based Tier Update for December 2019 (here comes UU!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Toxtricity Low Key has Minus, Amped has Plus. Virtually the only difference that actually matters

Other than Gengar and Kommo-o not making the cut-off, nothing really surprises me usage-wise. UU's looking pretty interesting, although stuff like Diggersby and Kommo-o are probably quickbanworthy. Might be worth giving it a try, perhaps.
Diggersby lose a good stab in Return/Frustation this gen forcing to use Facade, a less reliable STAB, but PurePower+ EQ STAB is good if the tier lack a good Ground- resist.
Gengar is really good, with access to Nasty Plot rn, but is outclased by Dragapulk as a Ghost- attacker. Also need to run Sludge Way or Hex to no be wall by Bulletproff mon like Kommo-o
Kommo-o have many good set, DD or Clangorous Soul with/out Sub.. i think the same of banworthy in this case

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Diggersby lose a good stab in Return/Frustation this gen forcing to use Facade, a less reliable STAB, but PurePower+ EQ STAB is good if the tier lack a good Ground- resist.
Gengar is really good, with access to Nasty Plot rn, but is outclased by Dragapulk as a Ghost- attacker. Also need to run Sludge Way or Hex to no be wall by Bulletproff mon like Kommo-o
Kommo-o have many good set, DD or Clangorous Soul with/out Sub.. i think the same of banworthy in this case
Sludge Wave is better on Gengar anyways, and Wisp Hex should def be a big set so I think Kommo-o is a non issue

Even with the new tiering cutoff taken into account, the new OU is astonishingly small. Had the same tier cutoff been implemented at the start of last gen, the first official OU tier would be composed of 39 pokemon, compared to our current OU tier's 31 pokemon. This is your metagame on dynamax lmao
Dynamax and a dex cut lol. Metagames with fewer mons are pretty much always more centralized around whatever is at the top.

How the will work when the others mons (The Swords of Justice, Kyurem Black, Gen7 starters plus Melmetal/Necrozma, Blastoise, Venusaur) arrives? they stay in OU after the usage make drop tiers?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna ask this here since I can't get a straight answer in the UU room on Showdown:

UU cannot ban anything for the entire Alpha period, am I getting this right? Not even quickbans for pretty obviously OP shit like Kommo-o?
Yes. Alpha will test exactly how wonky any Pokemon are in the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)