Rejected Update weather/terrain description

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
1. Terrain

Right now /dt Psychic Terrain for example just says "+Psychic-power". I don't know why it doesn't just show the multiplier (1.3x in Gen 8, 1.5x previously). It seems needlessly vague and would help a lot when I'm being forgetful.

2. Weather

Right now it's impossible to find information about weather on showdown as far as I know. Sometimes I forget the exact multiplier on fire and water moves from harsh sunlight, or whether Primal Groudon's extremely harsh sunlight has a different multiplier for fire moves or not. Earlier today I forgot whether Delta Stream boosts the power of flying moves or not, tried to "/dt Strong Winds" and just got an error message, so I had to go dig through another site to find out, which took a not insignificant amount of time.

I obviously have most of this stuff memorised after playing for a long long time, but I think this would really help newer players and just be convenient in general. It doesn't seem like it'd be very much work either. Hope this gets approved, thanks for reading.

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Clicked post thread too soon sorry, the title is meant to say "Update Weather/Terrain Description when using /dt"

Thanks

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
The /dt command has a limit of characters for descriptions and weather/terrains have a lot of effects that can't fit at all in there. To know more detailed what they do, you can use the /dt command and afterwards click in the move's name, which will send you to PS! Pokédex where you can read more about what moves do. Another example could be Body Slam, which deals double damage and ignores Evasion boosts if the opponent has used Minimize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)