Resource Union Street - Casual Discussion Thread

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Coordination Masterpost

Teammate 1Teammate 2Team 1Team 2Non-Lucky AchievementsLucky Achievements
HydrogenHydreigonshadowpeaFurret
Clefable
Mawile
Muk-Alola
3, 4, 7, 10, 17, 19None mentioned
P2X7S0L1D G0LDSmeargle
Kommo-o
Swoobat
Astrolotl
2, 6, 13, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27None mentioned
epicdrillTheEverClefairy
Incineroar
Mawile
Muk-Alola
Florina LiastaciaLouisCyphrePumpkaboo
Trevenant
Swoobat
Excadrill
5, 6, 16, 22, 262, 13
MowtomTMan87Sableye
Astrolotl
Volbeat
Houndoom
6, 14, 29None mentioned
XenonHero126MaximTalonflame
Scizor
Glalie
Poliwrath
1, 3, 4, 6, 12, 18, 22, 2419
Gemini TaurusOoralooPancham
Necturna
Clefairy
Darmanitan-Galar
9, 15, 20, 2825
DoduodrioFlorina LiastaciaSableye
Lopunny
Wigglytuff
Roserade
23None mentioned
TheEverchuckeroo777Raticate-Alola
Primarina
Mawile
Tyranitar
11, 21, 25None mentioned
nightblitz42MowtomVulpix
Oranguru
Smeargle
Gengar
8None mentioned

Achievements not claimed by anybody yet: NONE

A bolded achievement has been completed by somebody, an underlined achievement has been completed first by that pair (as far as I know)​

Last edited:

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
The new event format looks interesting. I have two questions. First, are Items allowed in the upcoming event? Second, which switch rule is in effect for the challengers?
Since no one got back to you: Items are assumed. The switch rule is event-specific within the rules, since it behaves differentlu for players and for AI. See "Battle Format" and also "Wave Structure".

Also, I'm curious: "Imagination" is no Pokemon I've heard of...

Since no one got back to you: Items are assumed. The switch rule is event-specific within the rules, since it behaves differentlu for players and for AI. See "Battle Format" and also "Wave Structure".
Thanks. I guess I didn't read the event rules very closely. While I'm here, I might as well ask whether stat changes are counted among the conditions and effects that transfer between waves, as the plan I mentioned is contingent on a certain answer.

Imagination is that special Pokemon that lives between everyone's ears. Though common, it doesn't have a uniform appearance. :p

8. Everyone Participates: Many Early Wave Pokemon start the battle with two non-damaging moves. Use Taunt on each of them. Most likely to be successful Wave 2 (three targets, Early Wave Pokemon). Be careful, as Struggle is buffed to 9 BAP. Be sure to check out their behaviors to make sure they actually use the taunted actions.
Reminder that Taunt does not stop non-damaging moves, but instead redirects moves towards the attacker!

Taking Lou's Swoobat and Excadrill alongside a Trevenant and Pumpkaboo that I'm purchasing now!

Gameplan in the first wave or so:
Lead with Swoobat @ Power Anklet and Pumpkaboo @ Ring Target
Calm Mind Swoobat A1, Trick or Treat Pumpkaboo @ Swoobat A1
This sets up for Trick (Pumpkaboo) from Swoobat A2 and then a free action for Sunny Day A2 from Pumpkabo
This turn hits 26 (Trick while under Trick or Treat)

Second round, I switch to Trevenant @ Enigma Berry ordering first, use Forest's Curse A1, hitting 16 (use Forest's Curse and Trick or Treat on the same mon), Calm Mind Swoobat A1 to get to +6 SpA, +4 SpD, hitting 22 (have 10+ positive stage boosts), commit murder via Stored Power A2 (if we get Gastly in the first wave, or any Poison/non-dark Fighting-type during this run, Stored Power likely will hit 2 (deal 50 damage in one hit)), Trevenant uses anything

At some point in the run, Excadrill comes out and uses Rototiller for 5 (use Rototiller)

Trevenant will have Harvest Engima Berry in the sun- almost all of the damaging attacks in this hit Trev SE, or are Fighting and therefore immune. He'll function as the main tank healing with Enigma Berry every round. With any luck (and hopefully a lot of it) 13 might not even be impossible.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I'm looking for an ally for my Scizor/Talonflame (assuming I can buy one in time, somebody battle me please) (or I could just lose the Legend Gauntlet). I can do:

1: Heal an ally with an attack (if you bring a Water Absorb mon)
3: 4 SE attacks of different types in one round (either of my mons can do 2/4 of this vs. a handful of opponents)
4: Redirect 4 attacks (Talonflame's Taunt)
6: +6 in a stat stage (Swords Dance/Agility)
12: 7 crits in a round (Scizor can do this with Laser Focused Brutal Swing + Double Hit -> Brutal Swing in an even wave)
18: Raise stats with every action (Swords Dance/Agility)
22: 10 positive stat stages (Swords Dance/Agility)
24: KO both with both trick or treaters (Talonflame is strong enough to do this with a good teammate)

and I can try to go for the Harvest King although my team certainly isn't optimized for it

Last edited:

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
As a reminder, from the signup procedure:
As an exception, if a player's signup post seeking a teammate for their first challenge (for that mode) is at least 24 hours old, another player can start a second concurrent challenge to pair up with that seeking player.
You could use this to increase the community's number of attempts towards a single achievement, as well as to ensure every active player can participate.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Okay, clarifying a couple of things:
You will play against Waves of opponents. If you defeat all of your opponents in a Wave, the next wave is sent out and you will battle them exactly as you are. Your Pokemon on-field at the end of each wave will be your leads in the next wave.
Your HP, En, and all ongoing Major, Minor, field, and battle conditions, as well as any stat stages, will be carried over between Waves. This also applies to opponents that are phazed to later waves. (see below)
Battle format data (substitutions, recoveries, etc.) has been added to the top of the second event post. Please review it at your leisure.

edit: Further clarified achievements 13 and 14. They check at the moment of the Harvest King's defeat, and the wave this happens doesn't matter:
  • Defeat the Harvest King with all four of your team's Pokemon remaining.
  • Defeat the Harvest King with only one (1) of your team's Pokemon remaining.

edit 2: Further clarified the appearance rules of the Harvest King.
The Harvest King is always an opponent present in Wave 5, and he appears in addition to the usual opponents of that wave. (Making that wave a 3-opponent Wave, typically.)

Last edited:
I'm looking for an ally for my Scizor/Talonflame (assuming I can buy one in time, somebody battle me please) (or I could just lose the Legend Gauntlet). I can do:

1: Heal an ally with an attack (if you bring a Water Absorb mon)
3: 4 SE attacks of different types in one round (either of my mons can do 2/4 of this vs. a handful of opponents)
4: Redirect 4 attacks (Talonflame's Taunt)
6: +6 in a stat stage (Swords Dance/Agility)
12: 7 crits in a round (Scizor can do this with Laser Focused Brutal Swing + Double Hit -> Brutal Swing in an even wave)
18: Raise stats with every action (Swords Dance/Agility)
22: 10 positive stat stages (Swords Dance/Agility)
24: KO both with both trick or treaters (Talonflame is strong enough to do this with a good teammate)

and I can try to go for the Harvest King although my team certainly isn't optimized for it
I'll do a run with you, as discussed on Discord. My current plan is to run Glalie/Poliwrath.

To elaborate on P2's response, my "imaginary" Pokemon is currently a wild card, as it is irrelevant to the challenges listed in the prior post. Our planned strategy is to use Simple Beam and Clangorous Soul to max out Kommo-o's stats in the first round, triplicate the stages with Swoobat and Smeargle (via Psych Up), and then one- or two-shot the entire roster of the subsequent waves with Stored Power and Power Trip. Furthermore, due to the consistency of this approach, a fourth Pokemon is almost unnecessary, so I am keeping a slot open to consider outlying challenges.

Also, for those who would like to accomplish the 50 damage challenge by different means, I believe the syntax is such that the requisite damage may be divided between multiple targets by using a sufficiently powerful spread move.

Let me know if anyone needs a partner. I've got counters to burn to get new mons and a willingness to do whatever you ask. I'll eat grass. I'll be your little cow.

I'm thinking of bringing Darmanitan-G with a Choice Band to fulfill achievement 20 and possibly 15 if your trick-or-treater has Entrainment like Pancham or something.

Last edited:

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I am noticing an abundance of 6 in the masterpost. I believe most strategies revolve around Swoobat but using Power Lens Volbeat and using Tail Glow once will be much easier to do on my end.
Since the P2/SG, Flo/Lou and Xenon/Maxim have many more achievements that we do, I suggest not wasting resources on that one and instead focusing on others.

Ooraloo and I plan on tackling the following challenges

9. Drain a total of 50 or more HP with draining attacks.
15. Have five or more abilities on one Pokemon at once.
20. Have a core stat rank (Atk, Def, SpA, SpD) of 20 or more.

We may be able to tackle more, but we have oora using Darmanitan-G:darmanitan-galar: planning to use Choice Band:choice band: for 20, and then Dedenne:dedenne: will be my Trick or Treater, to Entrainment Darm for 15

9 we have less of a concrete plan but between a potential Big Root:big root: on Dedenne with Parabolic charge, and two pokemon undecided, we shouldn't have trouble making this happen.

Hello all! I don't have a partner yet, so if someone is willing to take a challenge with me, that would be great. My eligible Trick-or-Treaters are :sableye: Sableye, :cherubi: Cherubi, :tyrunt: Tyrunt, and :slakoth: Slakoth, although I probably will only use :sableye: Sableye. Thanks in advance!

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
I will keep track of completed achievements in bold in the coordination post! If you see a bolded achievement in your list it means someone else did it first and you don't need to worry about it any longer.

EDIT: I have also underlined the achievement number for the first team to fulfill the achievement, for ease in keeping track.

Last edited:
S0L1D G0LD P2X7 You guys think you'll be able to start your run soon? A month's not a super long time to finish an event.

Also here's my plan for achievement 8.

Vullaby + Oranguru and Smeargle + Gengar

Smeargle sketches the following moves:
Metronome
Bulk Up
Dragon Dance
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Revenge
Reflect
Safeguard
Burning Jealousy
Foul Play
Knock Off
Icy Wind
Imprison
Encore

This strategy will work as long as one of the Wave 1 Pokemon is not Noibat. (99% chance)

Wave 1:
Lead with Gengar if one of the opponents is Gastly or Pumpkaboo, Smeargle otherwise. The other player leads with Vullaby.
Gengar/Smeargle selects an enemy and Imprisons all of its possible Step One moves.
Vullaby Whirlwinds that enemy out.
Vullaby switches out for Oranguru.
Defeat the other enemy.

Wave 2:
The enemy struggles because of Imprison. (1)
Oranguru Instructs the struggle.
The enemy struggles because of Instruct. (2)
Gengar/Smeargle Encores the struggle.
The enemy struggles because of Encore. (3)
Oranguru Instructs the struggle again.
The enemy struggles because of Instruct. (4)

This requires Oranguru to be slower than the enemy Pokemon. Ideally you would hold a Lagging Tail, but Power Lens also works as long as you're not aiming for Honedge (Reduces the success rate of this strategy to 96%).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)