Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab V3

:sm/suicune::sm/nidoqueen::sm/infernape::sm/hydreigon::sm/aerodactyl-mega::sm/doublade:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Infernape @ Firium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
hey Mygrein I got your team ready! I honestly fucking hate Vincune when building because it's the win con and not able to do more than that without potentially jeopardizing it late game. But Vincune + Toxic Spikes is still a great combo so I hope you enjoy the squad. Nidoqueen providing the Toxic Spikes meant I did not have to search for an electric-immunity which is always nice. I added Infernape for a way to nuke Amoonguss right off the bat or annoy the other team with U-turn. Choice Scarf Hydreigon forms a U-turn core with Ape and is consistent speed control. Stealth Rock Aero provides a Flying-resist, can revenge shit without getting locked, and is another ground-immunity to cover Ape+Queen+inevitable steel. Doublade covers Scizor to a certain extent, can trap Latias + some with Pursuit, and has enough defensive utility to let me run Offensive Nidoqueen and give less opportunities for opponents to set up/clear hazards. Offensive Nidoqueen can actually threaten Latias unlike Defensive too and basically means you don't have to make as many doubles.

:sm/rhyperior::sm/scizor::sm/altaria-mega::sm/tentacruel::sm/hydreigon::sm/infernape:
Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Slack Off
- Grass Knot
Yo OneSmogonCopyer your team is finished as well. I've always been pretty big on Rhyperior so this was a fun one to do with vivalospride 's help. With buginium Z Scizor, Mega Altaria has easy to slap on since Scizor could lure Amoonguss and make it easier for Malt to clean late game. Tentacruel serves as hazard removal and is bulkier for mons like Cobalion and Luke. Scarf Hydreigon is speed control yet again since Scizor's Bullet Punch unboosted is not that great. LO Mixed Infernape fit the funky last slot of a wallbreaker that can threaten stall builds but also serve as a Scizor check if needed. Have fun w it :]!
YEET. Aight thanks for this. I've had trouble with building around those cores since I always end up having a water weak team and don't like having type duplicates on my team although I could see why double dragon helps the core a lot. Thanks again!

RahelGamer09 sorry for the delay, here is the team you requested!

<Click Sprites for Importable>
As requested I completed this team around the core of Scarf Ape + Gligar and knew I wanted to go a Voltturn approach with it. I changed the Gligar set to be your Stealth Rock user and I recommend using Toxic to punish hazard removers like Rotom-H, Moltres etc. This core pretty much despises Latias so CB Scizor came immediately to mind to be able to trap and remove it, while also giving you the needed pivot into stuff like Malt and Celebi. Togekiss is the next partner to help pivot into the Dark-types like Krookodile, which Gligar doesn't appreciate having to lose its Eviolite to. I went with a Fightinium Z set as it can help break past Mega Aggron, Rotom-H and Blissey at the cost of being a bit more susceptible to status. Mega Manectric gives you a way to pressure bulky Water-types and provides you with the Voltturn core and another Scizor answer. Finally, Starmie gives you a way to pressure bulky Ground-types that annoy Ape and Manectric. It also acts as the hazard remover for this team. I suggest using Colbur Berry here as it can help lure in threats like Scarf Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl, which is greatly appreciated.

HiddenPower23 here is your Maero + Hippo team.

The first two slots are as you requested. I chose to use Bewear here as the teams breaker to muscle through balance and stall. Bewear also helps soft check threats such as Scizor and Daunt etc. thanks to Fluffy. An SD + Normalium Z variant gives you that necessary breaking potential. Jellicent was the next partner as it gives you a needed check to Fighting-types like Cobalion and Infernape while easing the stall matchup a bit more with Taunt. Jellicent also gives you a Water immunity, which is greatly appreciated on a team using both Aero and Hippo. CB Scizor gives you a way to better handle Latias and Celebi with Pursuit support. Finally Defog Togekiss because the team needed a Hydreigon and Krookodile answer as well as entry hazard removal. Heal Bell is the best option here as Bewear and Aero really hate being poisoned or burned. Hope you enjoy!

Hi! I would like to request a Gen 5 UU team from Accelgor specifically built around CB Heracross.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

While never playing the tier too much myself, the few games I have played in tours with it, it's quite fun as a whole, and seeing replays from games with CB Hera clicking buttons and taking names makes me wanna use it. However, I can't build for BW UU, so this is the next best thing. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Hydreigon -> OU

Banned deucer.
Image result for mew gif

Kevin (Mew) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

I really like this mew set because it could set up roost and just stam its 2 stabs im not a very good teambuilder and i always leave holes that need to be filled in my team so i come here to ask foor a good mew team cuz this is where the good teambuilders are

Last edited:
Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic

I have always loved nidoqueen as a pokemon for its strong attacks and good bulk. I chose Rotom-H as a partener to help get nidoqueen in through voltswitch, and to deal with ground types for nidoqueen while also taking pressure of nidoqueen by dealing with mega manetric. I would love a bulky offense build. This core doesnt need to be the primary focus of the build, rather, I just love nidoqueen but wqas never good enough at teambuilding to put together a team with her in it. Thank you!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hi, I am going to order two teams, one balanced and another stall please

First core:
1570815657039.png
1570815667844.png
1570816497430.png

Sylvita (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Steelito (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Curse

Suicunito (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Purpose and Reason: The purpose of the core is that sylveon can pass wishes to Steelix-Mega and then he can boost himself, apart from Sylveon covering the fight type, which makes mega steelix easier to do, While Suicune is boosting, it can be intoxicated, so sylveon passes wish or heal bell

Second Core:
1570815403448.png
1570816436685.png
1570816786212.png

Florcita (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Aggrito (Aggron-Mega) (M) @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Blissita (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
Purpose and Reason: Well, the purpose of this core is basically that Florges sweepee with Calm Mind and Blissey can cure it with wish of any damage, recover it enough, Mega Aggron covers both of the strong physical attackers and takes advantage of Florges Aromatherapy and Wish of Blissey to heal or heal from amoonguss sleep or from the common burns.

I look forward to the teams.
PD: It is for the USM UU

Last edited:
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Att / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This has been my main core team and I've been playing with the other 4 slots, never really landing on anything I like consistently. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Pokeseba as a general rule you can only request ONE team per week. I have decided to still give you both teams (Though I had to cut Florges), but in the future if you wish to have another team wait till a week has passed before providing another core. It is also helpful for us builders to provide two Pokemon cores, so issues like the Florges thing is avoided.

As requested here is the first team around Mega Steelix, Sylveon, and Suicune. I changed this Suicune set to Crocune to be able to handle Scizor better and Pressure is always the best ability as general advice. Anyways Latias gives you a secondary Fighting resist that can also pressure opposing Suicune and Slowbro that can be annoying. Latias and Suicune in conjunction with Toxic Spikes from Nihilego helps you out with the Stall matchup. Nihilego also gives you a Flying-type resist to better handle Togekiss etc. I suggest HP Ice to deal with Gligar, which can remove hazards easily against both your setters. Finally, Scarf Hydreigon for some speed control and it has Defog to remove hazards if needed.

As I mentioned I had to cut Florges because you wanted Stall, but the Mon just does not fit on this archetype so hopefully you are still fine with this. I gave Aggron Fire Punch to deal with Scizor. Blissey is now your Heal Bell user to remove status. Alomomola was added to give you a Wish passer and secondary response to punish Scizor + Fighting types. Gligar is your primary check to Lucario, Terrakion etc. and gives you Defog support. Pyukumuku is a broken ass Pokemon that checks other threats like Togekiss, Infernape, and NP Lucario. Block Sets help vs opposing Stall and removing other bulkier stuff. Hydreigon gives you the Crawdaunt matchup you lack and also helps you beat the newest addition to the tier being Mew. Fightinium Z Superpower lets it deal with Blissey, Empoleon, and Daunt. Double Defog is nice for Stall teams to keep hazards off.
Hydreigon -> OU sorry for the delay, I still needed to test around with this Pokemon myself before making a team for you.

Here is your NP Mew team. I adjusted the set a bit and gave it Psychium Z, because the Z-Move was free + the nuke helps it break some Steel-types like Scizor etc. I also gave it Taunt to pressure Stall better. Krookodile is essential for trapping and removing stuff like Celebi and Latias that wall this Mew set so was added for Pursuit support. Mega Altaria appreciates Mew breaking through Steel-types and gives you an answer to the Dark-types that threaten it like Hydreigon. Mega Altaria is a wincon for the team and helps with the Stall matchup more. Doublade gives you a pivot into Celebi and Latias as well as Fighting-types like Terrak and Coba. Rotom-C provides Defog support and pressures Ground- and Water-types like Suicune, Hippowdon, and Primarina that can be annoying. Finally, Cobalion gives you another Scizor check and Stealth Rock.

I hope you both enjoy using your teams! :blobwizard:

scorbunnys

Pokeseba as a general rule you can only request ONE team per week. I have decided to still give you both teams (Though I had to cut Florges), but in the future if you wish to have another team wait till a week has passed before providing another core. It is also helpful for us builders to provide two Pokemon cores, so issues like the Florges thing is avoided.

As requested here is the first team around Mega Steelix, Sylveon, and Suicune. I changed this Suicune set to Crocune to be able to handle Scizor better and Pressure is always the best ability as general advice. Anyways Latias gives you a secondary Fighting resist that can also pressure opposing Suicune and Slowbro that can be annoying. Latias and Suicune in conjunction with Toxic Spikes from Nihilego helps you out with the Stall matchup. Nihilego also gives you a Flying-type resist to better handle Togekiss etc. I suggest HP Ice to deal with Gligar, which can remove hazards easily against both your setters. Finally, Scarf Hydreigon for some speed control and it has Defog to remove hazards if needed.

As I mentioned I had to cut Florges because you wanted Stall, but the Mon just does not fit on this archetype so hopefully you are still fine with this. I gave Aggron Fire Punch to deal with Scizor. Blissey is now your Heal Bell user to remove status. Alomomola was added to give you a Wish passer and secondary response to punish Scizor + Fighting types. Gligar is your primary check to Lucario, Terrakion etc. and gives you Defog support. Pyukumuku is a broken ass Pokemon that checks other threats like Togekiss, Infernape, and NP Lucario. Block Sets help vs opposing Stall and removing other bulkier stuff. Hydreigon gives you the Crawdaunt matchup you lack and also helps you beat the newest addition to the tier being Mew. Fightinium Z Superpower lets it deal with Blissey, Empoleon, and Daunt. Double Defog is nice for Stall teams to keep hazards off.
Hydreigon -> OU sorry for the delay, I still needed to test around with this Pokemon myself before making a team for you.

Here is your NP Mew team. I adjusted the set a bit and gave it Psychium Z, because the Z-Move was free + the nuke helps it break some Steel-types like Scizor etc. I also gave it Taunt to pressure Stall better. Krookodile is essential for trapping and removing stuff like Celebi and Latias that wall this Mew set so was added for Pursuit support. Mega Altaria appreciates Mew breaking through Steel-types and gives you an answer to the Dark-types that threaten it like Hydreigon. Mega Altaria is a wincon for the team and helps with the Stall matchup more. Doublade gives you a pivot into Celebi and Latias as well as Fighting-types like Terrak and Coba. Rotom-C provides Defog support and pressures Ground- and Water-types like Suicune, Hippowdon, and Primarina that can be annoying. Finally, Cobalion gives you another Scizor check and Stealth Rock.

Well, florges doesn't work in stall, but thanks, I'll ask for something for florges that isn't stall another day, but I love them, they take hydreigon, one of the pokemon I appreciate most along with sylveon.
pd: can i order something else?

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
1571100603531.png1571100615777.png1571100628943.png1571100641185.png1571100654000.png1571100665744.png
Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Fire Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 176 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Latias (F) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Tsareena @ Lum Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
Heyo your team is completed uhsuh o7. With the solid core of crocune aggron, krookodile seemed like an obvious partner with its role compression of electric immunity and speed control. i decided to slap on nihilego because even if its not vincune tspikes are always a good addition to a suicune squad and nihi also provides a flying-resist. LO with the given spread can make it a decent late game cleaner too. with toxic aggron and superpower on krook hydreigon mu gets patched up a bit. the rotom h mu is pretty solid at this point so i went w boltbeam latias who can annoy the mons that can phase suicune. tsareena ties the team together by covering hazard removal, has nice grass/fighting coverage for fat teams and can uturn suicune in for set up opportunities. hope u enjoy

Hydreigon -> OU

Banned deucer.

thanks for building my team its ok the delay i did understand because it just dropped and u need to test it and thaks for everything

Hey UU teambuilders, was looking to have someone build around the core of Mega-Altaria and Necrozma for me.
Sets:
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost
Necrozma @ Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Moonlight

I feel like these two work very well together as altaria can come in on the dark types that threaten necrozma like krook/hydreigon while necrozma can work away at some of Altaria's more mainstream checks and pivots such as amoonguss & the plethora of steel types with its stab & coverage (unsure if this is the best coverage but its what I went with when attempting to build a squad around it myself!) I would prefer a Balanced oriented build as I find Mega-Alt really shines on those kinds of teams.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Ok, I have been out for a while and I wanna return to play UU again. I have known that Stall is being almost imposible to deal on the ladder, so if u can't deal with them, join them. :blobshrug:
Anyways, what I want to run is Sub Toxic Moltres on a Stall build and I have this core for this burning bird.
Png.pngMoltres:
Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
The main reason why I come to post, Defensive Moltres works pretty well on Stall teams being able to check Steel Types on the tier like Scizor and Cobalion, Sub Toxic allows Moltres to be more annoying to wear down, Set Up a Sub on a Switch and then spam Toxic + PP Stall with pressure, also Outspeeds Rotom-H, making easier to annoy it (also rotom just brings Volt Switch to spam, so it forces a Switch)
Pokemans_207.gifGligar:
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
Build around stall and bring a Mon that takes 50% by SR obviusly I need almost 2 hazard control. Gligar pairs with Moltres to check Steel Types and Knock Off Leftovers from bulky opponents like Blissey or Alomomola. Also able to check some Terrakion sets that could destroy Moltres.
mega_altaria_new_by_thecynicalpoet-d8atm4x.pngAltaria-M:
Altaria @ Altarianite
Relaxed Nature
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
Basically, second Hazard control and Hydreigon counterplay, also Heal Bell Support, just Return as offensive move, because Gligar and Moltres already checks Steel Types, Body Slam could be another option but I preffer to spam Toxic with Moltres.
Be free to change whatever u consider could be better, but I would really like to bring Sub Toxic Moltres on stall.
Also add, I had a mistake and posted this being incomplete, but now its ok :psyduck:

Last edited:

SHEEPSQUAD

Banned deucer.
This is a core i've used just can't polish it up with the teammates, I have alt as a win con, Rotom as my defogger and as a scizor check, and i have bug z scizor as a bait for amoonguss and as a nuke in general. I hope i can have you guys make my team and have fun building it and i hope it can put in work:blobuwu::blobuwu::blobuwu:

AMERICA (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Happiness: 69
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast

COOKIES and MILKY (Rotom-Heat) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

ROCK PAPER (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

<--Click the sprites for the import!

Hello SHEEPSQUAD! I've got your team right here! I decided to make a minor change to the Rotom-Heat set, namely Toxic > Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split > Defog. If I'm being honest Defog Rotom is pretty mediocre right now and Toxic helps it not be completely passive against things like Hydreigon, Latias, and opposing Rotom. I made a minor EV change in 248+ > 252+ speed for Rotom so that it can Volt after other Rotom in a potential mirror. Krookodile provides a Ground-type, Pursuit, and useful utility with Intimidate. Fire Fang is used over something like Stone Edge to ease the matchup against Scizor for Altaria and my next member, Nihilego. The spread used ensures that it gets +1 speed from Beast Boost, potentially wrecking havoc on any team that relies on things like Scarf Krookodile to check or beat it. Lastly, Starmie provides mandatory hazard removal, since Rotom isn't Defog. A cool tech in Colbur Berry is utilized here to lure things like Krookodile to help Altaria, Scizor, and Nihilego to punch holes in the opponent's team.​

Hey UU teambuilders! I've been thinking about building a team (my guess is this would best fit balance) using AV Celebi, packing a surprising Hidden Power Fire to kill Scizor and a lot of good coverage versus a lot of the meta. I was hoping this set would check Latias (though calm mind could be a problem), Primarina and other bulky waters. Would appreciate some suggestions!

Celebi @ Assault Vest
EVs: not sure
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

I have never been good at putting EVs for AV pokemon, so not sure what to put.

Hey guys !

I wish you could help me to build around two pokémon than i think are undervalued, I speak of
and
who seems really interesting to play in the tier. If possible i really appreciated a Subs Molt with Pressure, but not really a condition.

Thanks (a lot) in advance !

SHEEPSQUAD

Banned deucer.
I wanted this team of lix and sylveon, this team i wanted to use but never could build the corect members so i waited a patient week so i can send this here

My soul (Hydreigon) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

T H I C C boi (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Ribbons (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey Nevve , Rawbi and SHEEPSQUAD your teams are complete :]

1572127543109.png1572127558288.png1572127574761.png1572127591906.png1572127605694.png1572127621108.png
Necrozma @ Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Signal Beam

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 220 Atk / 96 SpA / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Krookodile @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I tried building around the core you originally submitted (standard refresh DD malt + moonlight cm necro) but could not manage it with being insanely scizor weak. I changed the Altaria to Facade Fireblast to lure Scizor and bother other Steel-types in addition to being a nuisance to bulkier teams. It also gets to take advantage of the Groundium necrozma more. For the Necrozma I made Moonlight Signal so Hydreigon and Latias can't take advantage of it throughout a match. I tried a bunch of different rockers to go with the core but felt awkward since Necrozma was no longer setting up hazards. Eventually, I settled on Krookodile since it could be a pain for fatter builds with Taunt and had "recovery" in the Iapapa berry. Tentacruel was an easy addition since Prim is broken and I needed hazard removal. Scarf Rotom gives another Scizor check, speed control, and can be annoying with Pain Split. LO Bug Bite Scizor gives a more secure fat mu, hope you enjoy it!

1572130206814.png1572130235010.png1572130247330.png1572130257718.png1572130268648.png1572130281027.png
Aerodactyl-Mega (F) @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Confide
- Soft-Boiled

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic
Sorry this request should've been filled out awhile ago. Here's the infamous stall by Pearl and it does the usual wall the fuck out of everything things. Articuno is a cool pick but the mons who appreciate its support and can actually take advantage of them are all fat.

1572127929510.png1572128588784.png1572128606334.png1572127591906.png1572127605694.png1572128635561.png
Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Curse

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
Started with Steelix + Sylv + Taunt Hydreigon and slapped on Tentacruel since it can help knock lefties on stuff like empoleon and bliss and overall just make taunt hydreigon way more effective. Rotom h is the speed control and with wish support can afford to run hidden power ice to hit dragons and gligar w instead of pain split. celebi rounds out the squad by threatening fat more consistently than taunt hydrei + tenta and forms a volturn with rotom. The 16+ Modest on Sylveon is to avoid being set up on by CM Latias. Leftovers on Taunt Hydreigon are to help it avoid getting chipped itself as much by stuff like Scald burns, and Celebi is really a better user of the Z-crystal. Rockium SD Terrakion is an option over Celebi, but it'll worsen the Fat Primarina mu. Have fun!

scorbunnys

Hi Teambuilders :), I would like a Bulky Offense pls.
1572213379889.png1572213525145.png
Florcita (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Scizito (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Reason: Scizor is a stellar sweeper, but like all sweepers, he is vulnerable to TWave and WoW, but Florges supports very well, since with Wish heals him and with Aromatherapy he takes away the status, this makes Scizor can be a sweep without fear to be burned or paralyzed and Florges is a support mon, Florges on Sylveon because this core is somewhat vulnerable to Empoleon and florges has synthesis for Roar Empoleon, that's why I take them, Florges supports and Scizor sweep, I hope you approve my order.

Notily

dirt rich
hello fellow pokemon gamers

:chesnaught: :bisharp:
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch / Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

(i know chesnaught is lower than b- on vr so feel free to delete this if no one wants to give it a shot)

i've been sitting on this idea for a while and i havent really came up with anything thats works cohesively despite liking the concept, so i thought i'd see if anyone else could make something workable with it. i've always thought the standard chesnaught set (stabs / spikes / synth) sucked total ass because it doesnt really check much defensively outside of phys grounds and crawdaunt while at the same time giving a whole bunch of shit free set up (toge celebi lati alt fat sciz etc), losing to a bunch of removers, and just being a momentum suck in general. taunt leech is much more effective in actually getting spikes up vs common forms of removal (notably gligar) and cutting down the number of mons that can abuse it for free turns. leech in general is really useful in my experience as it means things like doublade and fairies cant just sit on chesnaught for free and helps with how passive it is.

av bish was a pretty obvious partner for this set for a couple reasons. bisharp on hazard stack does bish shit, dissuades defog appreciates steels being chipped yadda yadda. av bish is a decent answer to some of the stuff that can abuse chesnaught (lati, standard toge, celebi, nihi) and likes the passive recovery that leech seed can provide. just having the threat of av bisharp in the back can give chesnaught opportunities to get up spikes and grab momentum vs some teams, and given that theres a limited number of threats that a team should rely on chesnaught to check it often isnt a terrible risk leaving chesnaught in on stuff early game in order to get spikes up.

for example, if you taunt a lati/celebi on the switch bisharp will likely be able to remove it if it stays in to pressure chesnaught. this gives some incentive for the lati/celebi user to double out of what would otherwise be an advantageous position, with them likely going into something that covers the switch into bisharp. some of av bisharps most common checks are steels, grounds, and fightings, which are some of chesnaughts advantageous matchups. so, staying in to spike has a slightly lower risk due to the threat of bisharp and a better reward (spike up + momentum rather than spike up + lose momentum). this is a specific example but theres other scenarios where this thought process can result in putting yourself in a good position. ideally the rest of the team would be able to take advantage of this kind of thinking with its other members to abuse chesnaught's iffy matchup spread vs a lot of the meta / specific hazard removal mons.

the combination of these two mons also have to potential to get multiple layers up vs some stalls (not moltres stall but thats become relatively uncommon as of late) if you can outplay. of course having one of your outs vs stall being "just outplay" isnt ideal but given how difficult building can be in this hellscape of a tier i've come to terms with it and i think its what you have to resort to with this core.

if any of you read this edition of "notily tries to justify leaving a fighting type in on a psychic" and still want to try to build around one of my ideas then power to you, but its chill if no one wants to tackle this admittedly wack shit.

please refer to yeezyknows for any av bisharp spreads i do not use this mon

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey Notily, got your Chesnaught team (in 2019..) hot off the press. Interesting core, certainly kind of frustrating to build lol but it does have potential to score big in some matchups. The biggest things were to be sure to cover some of the stuff that Ches + Bish misses defensively, Altaria being the most important one.

There isn't really a way to build this correctly without type stacking, and Mega Aggron was overall the sturdiest option available vs. Scizor and Altaria thanks to Filter. Fire Punch was a must on this team for Scizor, and Toxic is one of your two outs vs Slowbro, earlier versions had Head Smash but Rotom and Volcanion are far easier to outplay than CM Mega Bro. Primarina covered the rest of what Bisharp couldn't handle super well in Hydreigon and a secondary Krook check. It also can sit on opposing defensive Primarina which as always can be annoying. Latias provided some needed speed for the 108 Fighting-types, a sweeper to take advantage of the Spikes, and a Levitater. A simple CM Stabs set does the trick and with Spikes is extra deadly as it gets through Steel-types more easily. Nihilego was added as the final member for a revenge killer and a way secondary way to pressure Fairy-types. It also prevents Togekiss from completely running through the team if its Aura Sphere.

The team has no removal as you can see, but you noted that aggressive Spiking is the correct way to play this core, so in most matchups you'll be able to force them to Defog, or trap Tentacruel / Starmie if they are spinning. Watch out for Specs Primarina, while less common it can tear holes through this team if you give it enough free turns. Coba and Terrak are both semi threatening, but with Latias and Chesnaught there's enough to not give them a ton of breathing room, forcing them to predict between SD and attacking. Nihilego revenges Terrak and Aggron / Prima can soft check Coba as well.

Hope you enjoy!

It's that time again.

1573182930217.png

GatR (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet

I am interested in playing HO with a classic DD Gatr. 220 Speed Jolly is to creep max speed timid MegaMane at +1, and EQ is the coverage move of choice. I always like faster beatdown strategies, so I feel HO is perfect for me and it also fits this set that I am itching to try out.

Scareodactyl (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

M-Aero is a classic fit in Offensive builds. This is what I feel is the standard set right now. 136 Speed Jolly is, again, to creep Max speed timid Mane.

Any help with teambuilding is great, and I thank you in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)