Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab V3

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Previously hosted by: Amaroq, Accelgor, and Eyan
Approved by: Sage
Art by: Accelgor

UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hello, everyone. Throughout our time in UU, we have noticed that many newer players struggle to build effective teams. In an effort to rectify that, we have joined forces with several experienced UU players to host the UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab. Here, users can post Pokemon sets or cores that they would like the Lab staff to build a team around. The Lab staff may then reply with their team and the team building process they used so that the client can see our thought processes, and, as a result, better develop their ability to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, we're going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play around 5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, and then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there.

Rules:
  • Have a one-paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set or core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
  • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.
  • Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.
  • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the clients can grow as players.
  • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.
  • On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post the changes or critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
  • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the UU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Hosts
Amane Misa
vivalospride

Current Builders
Amane Misa
vivalospride
Accelgor
Juuno
Kreme
Moutemoute
Pak
pokeisfun
Sage
Scizorphobic
Sickist
TSR
Twilight

Announcements

• The Lab is currently not accepting builder applications.
  • The Lab currently accepts requests for teams in the following commonly-played UU metagames: SM, ORAS, BW, DPP, ADV, GSC.
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive

Psychium Z Celebi
Builder: Accelgor
Client: Twilight

Bisharp
Builder: Moutemoute
Client: Rawbi

Swords Dance Necrozma
Builder: Sage
Client: Smallsmallrose

Mega Blastoise + Scizor
Client: Drakothonic

Mega Sceptile + Crawdaunt
Builder: vivalospride
Client: LaLul

Substitute Gengar
Client: A Cake Wearing A Hat

Swords Dance Lucario
Builder: Amane Misa
Client: 2MuchHax

All-Out Attacker Nidoking
Client: DarwYyn

Gengar + Tentacruel
Client: Seebuh

Choice Band Swampert + Stealth Rock Mega Aerodactyl
Client: Scizorphobic

Talonflame + Mega Blastoise
Client: Twilight

Alolan Muk
Client: the chosen nerd

Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl + Choice Scarf Gengar
Client: LaLul

Poisonium Z Hydreigon
Client: abonniertxxxlutzyt

Toxicroak
Client: DubFreaknakeeb

Substitute Nidoking + Talonflame
Client: KellyKafka

Swords Dance + Roost Scizor
Client: WCI

Mixed Stealth Rock Kommo-o
Client: MysticalHaze

Jellicent
Client: Sabbio

Kommo-o + Primarina
Client: Socrates101

Choice Specs Nihilego
Client: Datsplashtho

Crawdaunt + Calm Mind Cobalion
Client: Ismail

Terrakion Volt-Turn
Builder: pokeisfun
Client: Smallsmallrose

Choice Specs Moltres + Krookodile
Client: Notily

Terrakion + Rotom-C + Krookodile
Client: Gyro Ba11

Choice Band Scizor
Client: CrumLee

Choice Band Mamoswine
Client: ScizzorsAreSteel

Roserade
Client: N_Mareanie

Alolan Marowak Trick Room
Client: OrangeGuru

Dragmag Offense
Client: Some Random Chicken and bukemon123

Beedrill + Zeraora
Client: ShadowHounder

Primarina + Infernape + Hydreigon
Client: TheAuraUser

Bewear
Client: wuhoodude

Swords Dance Crawdaunt
Client: Cbrinz

Starmie
Builder: Scizorphobic
Client: Akaribao

Assault Vest Bisharp
Builder: Sickist
Client: Demon Dragon

Decidueye
Client: JuanchoTacorta

Reuniclus
Client: Rawbi

Mega Houndoom
Client: Marunoom

Calm Mind Cobalion
Client: Akaribao

Bronzong
Client: RyanKoopa

Mega Altaria + Assault Vest Scizor
Builder: Twilight
Client: PhantomHurious

Venomoth

Celebi + Infernape
Client: Pprizrak

Vincune
Client: Neets

Choice Scarf Chandelure

Corrosion Salazzle
Client: Sneer

Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus
Client: B R A I N L I C K E R

Substitute + Roost Kyurem
Client: ceal

Mega Aerodactyl + Gengar
Client: 2MuchHax

Assault Vest Mienshao
Client: BackAtYouBro

Grassium Z Celebi
Client: skvettleif

Suicune + Nidoqueen
Client: Sabbio

Infernape + Alolan Muk
Client: McBawseRK9

Defensive Swampert
Client: RyanKoopa

Crobat

Taunt Hydreigon
Client: bebo7788

Tornadus

Mega Pidgeot + Krookodile
Client: Reclaimer

Nasty Plot Lucario
Client: Datsplashtho

Substitute + Focus Punch Toxicroak
Client: DubFreaknakeeb

Nasty Plot Infernape + Suicune
Client: Guadenara27

Choice Specs Hydreigon
Client: Sweep the Janitor

Choice Specs Kyurem
Builder: vivalospride and FUMA HI-FI

Mega Aggron + Tentacruel
Client: EpicPoisonDragon3

Mamoswine
Client: searchingmymind

Steelix Sand
Client: Sir David

Togekiss + Alomomola
Client: BlueWinds

Raikou Balance
Client: DarwYyn and Rawbi

Normalium Z Zeraora
Client: Demon Dragon

Alolan Muk + Slowbro
Client: revelations

Scizor + Rotom-H
Client: Princess Bubblegum

Mamoswine + Mega Aggron
Client: GustavoR

Amoonguss

owo

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
D7510656-FC07-443A-9868-09B2346C8BF2.png

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
Requesting a team with corrosion Salazzle. More popular during the venu meta, Salazzle did well as a mon that could poison the fat beast and wittle it down. Now, Salazzle can play mind games with substitute against bisharp while still being able to click toxic freely. Stall or balance would be preferred but of course whatever archetype the builder chooses is fine. Thanks in advance :).

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
Requesting a team built around Celebi, because since I have started playing UU I have been struggling to incorporate it into a lot of my teams or build around it effectively. With the re-introduction of Bisharp it may struggle a bit more (Colbur Berry is an option tho) however it does soft check Zera quite well which is another new addition. i don't think Celebi is too bad right now with it's plethora of sets so I'm not fussy about the set. Feel free to change it up, as long as it involves Nasty Plot. Thus feel free to use Colbur Berry, Fairium, Ghostium, Grassium or Groundium Z (and the moves accordingly to the item). Looking for a Bulky Offense team preferably but fine with Balance also. Thank you in advance

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 143399
Salazzle @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
Requesting a team with corrosion Salazzle. More popular during the venu meta, Salazzle did well as a mon that could poison the fat beast and wittle it down. Now, Salazzle can play mind games with substitute against bisharp while still being able to click toxic freely. Stall or balance would be preferred but of course whatever archetype the builder chooses is fine. Thanks in advance :).

Aggron-Mega (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Hydreigon (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
EVs: 184 HP / 124 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

In my experience, Corrosion Salazzle's a very underrated set that definitely deserves higher usage and recognition because of how easily it can walk over most of today's common teambuilding patterns. I've gone with the typical Substitute / Protect strategy alongside Toxic to make the most of any Toxic poison that the opponent may be inflicted with. This Salazzle spread gives it some decent bulk and allows it to confront Scizor and Cobalion with more ease, even after taking damage from rocks. I figured a semistall route would best suit and complement what Salazzle brought to the table with this particular set, and therefore focused around creating a build that could halt most of the tier's common wallbreakers while not being as passive as a stall build. Mega Aggron helps to provide the team with a more reliable Scizor check while also checking a multitude of other threats, and it also fulfilled the role of a hazard setter on this team. Rest has been a very cool tech that I've used to success in the past, especially in conjunction with a Heal Bell user, which leads us on to the next addition to the team. Blissey does Blissey things, and obstructs most specially offensive threats and is a severe annoyance for most teams in general. At this point, Fighting-types seemed very problematic to deal with, and adding a Slowbro seemed like it would benefit the team heavily, especially since I also gained a Fire-check in the process. Here I've opted to run the standard CM set as it also gives the team a valuable win condition, and any other sets like Blockbro would require a lot more support to use. When adding a Slowbro, however, voltturn becomes increasingly difficult to deal with, so the next addition had to be something to halt voltturn cycles. I also required a hazard removal option, which is essential for bulkier teams, and Gligar seemed to offer the right kind of benefits to the current structure of the team. It also grants the team with another solid check to Fighting-types, which is valuable in a meta that features all sorts of threatening and versatile Fighting-types. This specific Gligar spread allows it to live a +2 Fire Blast from Nasty Plot Infernape, which is huge for bulkier teams since this Infernape set is a phenomenal wallbreaker and could otherwise prove to be impossible to deal with. Lastly, Taunt Dragonium-Z Hydreigon was added to give the team an out if matched up against other bulky teams, and it also checks important threats like Crawdaunt and Chandelure that would otherwise terrorize slower teams like this one. I hope this team suffices and meets your needs!

Celebi @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
Requesting a team built around Celebi, because since I have started playing UU I have been struggling to incorporate it into a lot of my teams or build around it effectively. With the re-introduction of Bisharp it may struggle a bit more (Colbur Berry is an option tho) however it does soft check Zera quite well which is another new addition. i don't think Celebi is too bad right now with it's plethora of sets so I'm not fussy about the set. Feel free to change it up, as long as it involves Nasty Plot. Thus feel free to use Colbur Berry, Fairium, Ghostium, Grassium or Groundium Z (and the moves accordingly to the item). Looking for a Bulky Offense team preferably but fine with Balance also. Thank you in advance

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 132 Atk / 40 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Here's a Psychium-Z Celebi team that I used vs Lycans in Snake and against multiple opponents in Majors. Mixed Mega Altaria seemed like a great complementary piece that could help this particular Celebi set to flourish, as it can lure some of the bulkier Steel-types that would otherwise give Celebi a hard time. This particular Altaria spread allows it to hit hard with its physical moves while also dealing favorable damage versus its Fire Blast targets, and it also has enough speed to outpace threats like Crawdaunt. Having a singular lure to combat Steel-types isn't enough to be secure versus them, so I added Cobalion to help check Scizor in particular and also gained a rocker and a decent physically offensive presence in the process. Rocky Helmet on Cobalion also helped to get some chip off on any opposing Scizors and made it easier for Celebi to punch its way through them with a +2 Shattered Psyche. Rotom-Heat checks most of the other common Steel-types and also gave me a hazard removal option as well as an immunity to Ground moves. Bulky Rotom-Heat in particular is incredibly useful at the moment, and its strengths synergize with the current base of the team. Opposing Fairy-types seemed a bit problematic to deal with at this point, especially since I didn't want to overburden Rotom-Heat and have it shoulder too much weight. Protect + 3 attacks Nihilego helped to patch these holes and gave me a decent sweeper once any opposing Steel-types were downed, especially since this particular Nihilego is EV'd to raise its Speed stat through Beast Boost. Scarf Krookodile rounds out the team, granting me with an immunity to Electric moves and a check to otherwise troublesome threats like Mega Aerodactyl. I've opted for Crunch here to be as secure as possible against Z-Latias sets, as the other coverage moves were less necessary since the rest of the team was structured to take on most of the targets of those moves.

I've been tweaking the team with various set and Z-move option on Celebi, and I've found Psychium-Z and Ghostium-Z to be the most consistent. Feel free to tweak it to your liking, and I hope you enjoy using the team! n_n

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

In my experience, Corrosion Salazzle's a very underrated set that definitely deserves higher usage and recognition because of how easily it can walk over most of today's common teambuilding patterns. I've gone with the typical Substitute / Protect strategy alongside Toxic to make the most of any Toxic poison that the opponent may be inflicted with. This Salazzle spread gives it some decent bulk and allows it to confront Scizor and Cobalion with more ease, even after taking damage from rocks. I figured a semistall route would best suit and complement what Salazzle brought to the table with this particular set, and therefore focused around creating a build that could halt most of the tier's common wallbreakers while not being as passive as a stall build. Mega Aggron helps to provide the team with a more reliable Scizor check while also checking a multitude of other threats, and it also fulfilled the role of a hazard setter on this team. Rest has been a very cool tech that I've used to success in the past, especially in conjunction with a Heal Bell user, which leads us on to the next addition to the team. Blissey does Blissey things, and obstructs most specially offensive threats and is a severe annoyance for most teams in general. At this point, Fighting-types seemed very problematic to deal with, and adding a Slowbro seemed like it would benefit the team heavily, especially since I also gained a Fire-check in the process. Here I've opted to run the standard CM set as it also gives the team a valuable win condition, and any other sets like Blockbro would require a lot more support to use. When adding a Slowbro, however, voltturn becomes increasingly difficult to deal with, so the next addition had to be something to halt voltturn cycles. I also required a hazard removal option, which is essential for bulkier teams, and Gligar seemed to offer the right kind of benefits to the current structure of the team. It also grants the team with another solid check to Fighting-types, which is valuable in a meta that features all sorts of threatening and versatile Fighting-types. This specific Gligar spread allows it to live a +2 Fire Blast from Nasty Plot Infernape, which is huge for bulkier teams since this Infernape set is a phenomenal wallbreaker and could otherwise prove to be impossible to deal with. Lastly, Taunt Dragonium-Z Hydreigon was added to give the team an out if matched up against other bulky teams, and it also checks important threats like Crawdaunt and Chandelure that would otherwise terrorize slower teams like this one. I hope this team suffices and meets your needs!

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 132 Atk / 40 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Here's a Psychium-Z Celebi team that I used vs Lycans in Snake and against multiple opponents in Majors. Mixed Mega Altaria seemed like a great complementary piece that could help this particular Celebi set to flourish, as it can lure some of the bulkier Steel-types that would otherwise give Celebi a hard time. This particular Altaria spread allows it to hit hard with its physical moves while also dealing favorable damage versus its Fire Blast targets, and it also has enough speed to outpace threats like Crawdaunt. Having a singular lure to combat Steel-types isn't enough to be secure versus them, so I added Cobalion to help check Scizor in particular and also gained a rocker and a decent physically offensive presence in the process. Rocky Helmet on Cobalion also helped to get some chip off on any opposing Scizors and made it easier for Celebi to punch its way through them with a +2 Shattered Psyche. Rotom-Heat checks most of the other common Steel-types and also gave me a hazard removal option as well as an immunity to Ground moves. Bulky Rotom-Heat in particular is incredibly useful at the moment, and its strengths synergize with the current base of the team. Opposing Fairy-types seemed a bit problematic to deal with at this point, especially since I didn't want to overburden Rotom-Heat and have it shoulder too much weight. Protect + 3 attacks Nihilego helped to patch these holes and gave me a decent sweeper once any opposing Steel-types were downed, especially since this particular Nihilego is EV'd to raise its Speed stat through Beast Boost. Scarf Krookodile rounds out the team, granting me with an immunity to Electric moves and a check to otherwise troublesome threats like Mega Aerodactyl. I've opted for Crunch here to be as secure as possible against Z-Latias sets, as the other coverage moves were less necessary since the rest of the team was structured to take on most of the targets of those moves.

I've been tweaking the team with various set and Z-move option on Celebi, and I've found Psychium-Z and Ghostium-Z to be the most consistent. Feel free to tweak it to your liking, and I hope you enjoy using the team! n_n
Really solid team and appreciate the tweaks you made to it. Been testing it out and have found so much success with, not to mention this team uses a lot of Pokemon I really enjoy right now such as Nihilego and Malt. The only tweak I made was adding 8 Def to the Malt to guarantee live 2 Maero Stone Edge. Overall solid team that I'll be sure to keep using in the near future, I'll also be sure to try out Ghostium Z as you mentioned as well. Appreciate the time taken to help me ^_^

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Thank you so much, def wasn’t expecting it so quickly it’s been a lot of fun to play with

Hello to you all! There is a mon that I’m interested in having a team built around.

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

When I first heard about AV Shao in Snake it really peaked my interests. I’ve been an advocate for Mienshao since Gliscor’s departure from the tier but it was for Reckless High Jump Kick. I’ve been having some issues building a consistent team with AV Shao though (Regenerator core has seemed fine but it’s hard filling other slots) so Balance seems the most fitting for AV Shao but if you want to take a different route then I’m fine with that.

1540868714817.png

Necrozma @ Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Could I get a team with SD Necrozma? I find it a little awkward to build around these days but maybe I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic

So obviously, Swampert has gotten a LOT worse with recent meta shifts. It's to the point I had to replace it on my main team with Megalix. Yet it still remains my favorite pokemon in UU, and I feel like with the right support, a team could be created that plays to its strengths. I'd assume this'd work best on Balance, but really I'm up for anything.

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Requesting a team for the big fuckin deal mon that I personally really love in the current metagame - OTR Reuniclus. Has insane coverage and I think it's quite anti-meta against the offensive teams I'm seeing on the ladder a lot recently. Makes a fantastic late game cleaner where you can press TRICK ROOM and go woaaaaaaaaa:mad::mad::mad:aaaa and club on those bitches, or even a mid game hole puncher. Looking for someone to help make a more offensive team where it's really able to shine, and can aid some of the problems this set faces (aka pls help me lure and nigslam little shitbois like Bisharp and Scizor etc). Thanks in advance! ps preferably not a full TR team thanks bruvs

Last edited:

skvettleif

Banned deucer.
Id like a team built around np, leaf storm, psychic, recover Celebi with grassium z. (Dont know how to add sprites)
It has an amazing MU vs fat teams but needs quite a bit of help from teammates to cover common mons like latias, scizor and hydreigon. I havent been able to make anything great with it myself, but would rly like a team with it because of how great it is vs stall:)

PS roost scizor is especially annoying to deal with because of how easily it can stay alive thoughout a game. Maybe Celebi could work on one of those Maltaria magneton teams. Those teams are usually bad vs stall and fat, so Celebi could have nice synergy if u look at it that way. Idk just an idea.

Last edited:

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect
- Knock Off

I'd like to ask for something rather unconventional. itsjustdrew offered this Bisharp set for a Next Best Thing week and while I've been super tempted to try it out...I'm reeeally not good at building teams :v The idea behind this set is to Toxic stall common Bisharp checks like Hydreigon, Chesnaught, etc. so perhaps pairing this with something else that likes those mons gone would be a good idea. I'd like the team to be offensive in nature, though I'm not picky as to what kind of offense.

Thanks!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Requesting a team for the big fuckin deal mon that I personally really love in the current metagame - OTR Reuniclus. Has insane coverage and I think it's quite anti-meta against the offensive teams I'm seeing on the ladder a lot recently. Makes a fantastic late game cleaner where you can press TRICK ROOM and go woaaaaaaaaa:mad::mad::mad:aaaa and club on those bitches, or even a mid game hole puncher. Looking for someone to help make a more offensive team where it's really able to shine, and can aid some of the problems this set faces (aka pls help me lure and nigslam little shitbois like Bisharp and Scizor etc). Thanks in advance! ps preferably not a full TR team thanks bruvs
Hey B R A I N L I C K E R, I have your team ready! OTR Reuniclus was quite fun to support as you have to build it somewhat differently than the average CM set. It definitely puts in work as both a trade forcer and speed control. Let's take a look.

empoleon.gifreuniclus.gifkrookodile.gifamoonguss.gifhydreigon.gifZeraora.gif
(Click me for team!)

Reuniclus starts you off with some very nice anti-offense potential, as well as a general purpose hard hitter vs most balances and bulky offenses. The main things I wanted to support it with were a solid defensive core since it doesn't bring much to the team in that respect without Recover, and ways to cover faster threats when Trick Room wasn't up. I also wanted to deal well with most priority users. Hydreigon I thought would be a great option for hazard removal on this team, checking Ghost-types and also luring Scizor and Bisharp with the rare Fire Blast on a defog set. It originally was Z but it still functions well with Black Glasses, and Zeraora does more with the Z on this team. Zera functions as a standard form of speed control along with a win condition vs fat teams, with an interesting mixed Bulk Up set here. I wanted it to have some survivability because its the main Scizor revenge killer so this set was made, Electrium-Z gives it no LO recoil and a solid all purpose nuke, while Drain Punch helps it take down some Steel-types and gives it passive recovery. Grass Knot gets you through Swampert and Quagsire, along with Hippowdon on the switch. Krookodile was added as the trapper and scarfer, giving the team Knock Off access to and generally carrying its weight as it fits on basically every team in the meta right now lol. Stone Edge is chosen as the last move because it needs to be able to threaten Mega Aerodactyl with Roost. The defensive core consists of Empoleon and Amoonguss, who check a lot of dangerous Pokemon for the team like Moltres, Mega Altaria, and Scizor. Empoleon also sets Stealth Rock while, Amoonguss' Spore can give Reuniclus free setup opportunities.

Hope you enjoy!

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
For Rawbi :

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

As you can see this team has a standard Swords Dance Bisharp because this set is way more effective than Sub-Tect-Toxic Bisharp.
Altough it looks like pretty cool on paper, Pressure Bisharp is a Pokemon which struggle to be effective. Its Bulk isn't good at all, even with max HP, it's most of the time a deadweight for your team which means you're kinda 5v6 at the team preview. However you can totally use this set on the team because initially, it was designed for it.

Now, let's focus on the team ! Bisharp and Crawdaunt are pretty good together because they weaken each other checks. Crawdaunt is a formidable Wallbreaker that can weaken your opponent's Pokemon which open doors to Bisharp in the mid or late game. Then we have Rotom-Heat which acts as our Defogger. I opted for WoW over Pain Split because opposite Bisharp are really dangerous for the team. Like Bisharp, Scizor loves the fact that Crawdaunt is a strong Wallbreaker. It can also brings its teammates on the field thanks to U-Turn while being able to check Latias better than Bisharp. It's also a good day to pressure Altaria-Mega which can be a pain for both Bisharp and Crawdaunt. The EVs spread allows Scizor to outspeed Klefki while maximizing its Attack. The remaining EVs are put in HP and SpD but also help to take less damage from Stealth Rocks. Necrozma is a pretty cool user of Stealth Rock and gives to the team a way to deal with Nidoqueen which is annoying. Heat Wave can pressure Steel Types for Altaria-Mega while Signal Beam hits Latias, Hydreigon or Slowbro. EVs in Speed allow Necrozma to outspeed Adamant Scizor and Jolly Crawdaunt. Finnaly, Altaria-Mega acts as a Dragon check, a Set-Up Sweeper and a solid answer to opposite Crawdaunt. Dragon Dance brings some Speed to the team which is useful even if the team has 3 users of priority.

• You can change Dread Plate for Darkinium Z or Steelium Z on Bisharp. In that case change Crawdaunt for SD LO or Choice Band (with Superpower over Swords Dance)
• You can use this EV spread coupled with Timide nature on Necrozma if you want it to be faster than Jolly Bisharp : 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe

Last edited:

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.
Hey B R A I N L I C K E R, I have your team ready! OTR Reuniclus was quite fun to support as you have to build it somewhat differently than the average CM set. It definitely puts in work as both a trade forcer and speed control. Let's take a look.

View attachment 144180View attachment 144182View attachment 144181View attachment 144184View attachment 144179View attachment 144183
(Click me for team!)

Reuniclus starts you off with some very nice anti-offense potential, as well as a general purpose hard hitter vs most balances and bulky offenses. The main things I wanted to support it with were a solid defensive core since it doesn't bring much to the team in that respect without Recover, and ways to cover faster threats when Trick Room wasn't up. I also wanted to deal well with most priority users. Hydreigon I thought would be a great option for hazard removal on this team, checking Ghost-types and also luring Scizor and Bisharp with the rare Fire Blast on a defog set. It originally was Z but it still functions well with Black Glasses, and Zeraora does more with the Z on this team. Zera functions as a standard form of speed control along with a win condition vs fat teams, with an interesting mixed Bulk Up set here. I wanted it to have some survivability because its the main Scizor revenge killer so this set was made, Electrium-Z gives it no LO recoil and a solid all purpose nuke, while Drain Punch helps it take down some Steel-types and gives it passive recovery. Grass Knot gets you through Swampert and Quagsire, along with Hippowdon on the switch. Krookodile was added as the trapper and scarfer, giving the team Knock Off access to and generally carrying its weight as it fits on basically every team in the meta right now lol. Stone Edge is chosen as the last move because it needs to be able to threaten Mega Aerodactyl with Roost. The defensive core consists of Empoleon and Amoonguss, who check a lot of dangerous Pokemon for the team like Moltres, Mega Altaria, and Scizor. Empoleon also sets Stealth Rock while, Amoonguss' Spore can give Reuniclus free setup opportunities.

Hope you enjoy!
Much love to you my G, thank you so much this team is Gucci as hell youre officially my favourite person on this shit forum!!! :v4::v4::v4:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I'm a :bigfan: of Kyurem, particularly the subroost set, but unfortunately have struggled to make a team that I feel uses it well. Would prefer the team not be semi/hard stall but if you feel that's the best route to take I understand. Thanks in advance :psyglad:

Hello there!

I am struggling to use a team with Specs Gengar and/or AOA Maero and would like to have a team made with those mons. I have trouble breaking through stall and wall teams and would like a team to deal with them, but also being able to work against any other teams. I would like the team to be a bulky offense, but a HO or balance team would be fine.

Thanks!

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I'm a :bigfan: of Kyurem, particularly the subroost set, but unfortunately have struggled to make a team that I feel uses it well. Would prefer the team not be semi/hard stall but if you feel that's the best route to take I understand. Thanks in advance :psyglad:
So I obviously started with Kyurem and I decided to say fuck it and did the p much standard Kyurem starting core of Kyurem + TSpikes Tentacruel. Tenta offers a sciz check, tspikes, hazard removal, fighting resistance... just a whole bunch of shit that Kyurem rlly appreciates. Next I decided that Maggron was prolly the move as I wanted to get rocks out of the way as soon as possible and I desperately needed a Lati check. Mega Aggron also takes pressure off of Tentacruel as a fighting check to a certain extent cause it's a steel type that doesn't just hard lose to shit like Coba like others do. Whenever you're dealing with a non-ground rocker... you can probably expect scarf krook to be the next thing you put on the team. Scarf Krook gives speed control as well as a ghost resistance, pursuit + knock off support, and an elec immunity. Togekiss was really good here because it gives Heal Bell support as well as providing a ground immunity and improving the stall matchup a shit ton. Also gives a fairy type, making the drei matchup much much better. Zera went in the last slot because I wanted something fast that was at least decent vs Scizor... but more importantly I wanted a pivot that can check birds like Moltres. Having no rock type or rotom-h means the Moltres matchup is a bit annoying but with Zera + Toxic on Magg + speedy Tenta + Stedge on Krook, it's more than doable. Zera also takes pressure off of Togekiss by improving the stall matchup even more and pivoting on things like Amoonguss and Mega Altaria while also being able to bring things like Gligar in to give Kyurem free sub opportunities. Gl and hf with the squad, lmk how it goes and lmk if you have any questions! nwn ceal

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Smallsmallrose, got your Necrozma team ready! While I wouldn't recommend SD necrozma as a win con overall, I've remedied that in this team and it can do a nice job of removing Steel-types and as an early game breaker. Here's the team!

tentacruel.gifmanectric-mega.giftogekiss.gifkrookodile.gifcobalion.gifnecrozma.gif

Necrozma doesn't really have the capability to sweep outright itself except vs the slowest of stalls, as adding a speed boosting move completely ruins its coverage, but this team takes advantages of its breaking and ability to get rid of opposing Steel-types. Togekiss was chosen as the win con of choice, to provide both cleric duties and a Pokemon that appreciates Steel-types being weakened and giving it more setup opportunities. Tentacruel was a choice to help Necrozma break down fatter teams with Toxic Spikes, as well as checking Scizor and bringing hazard removal. Cobalion here is running a support set that makes Latias much less of a threat thanks to you being able to Thunder Wave on the Calm Mind Turn, and Volt Switch lets you pivot out of scary Pokemon like Moltres. Krookodile was pretty much necessary as an Electric-check, Pursuit trapper, Revenge killer, etc, all the good things Scarf Krook does for a team. Crunch is here because it's definitely needed giving this teams less than stellar Latias matchup. Cobalion with HP investment is usually able to get a Thunder Wave off on Aerodactyl, and it can't roost off Crunch either. Manectric rounds the team out with a better check vs SD Scizor should Tentacruel be weakened, some more speed and pivoting to get Necrozma win, as well as HP ice to get rid of Gligar that can be really annoying to this comp.

Hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)