UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys n_n
Requesting a balanced hazard stacking team around Sableye + Suicune

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I chose these mons as a core due to both of them being able to take advantage of hazards by Sableye spin blocking and shutting down defog and suicune phazing with roar. Suicune also switches into fire type attackers which usually are the only offensive pokes that can take advantage of Sableye. The combination of these two is also really annoying for offensive teams to face due to bulky phazing and priority Will-o-wisp. The spreads I created here have speed to creep common spreads of themselves that I've seen.

I've already built a team with this core and concept (with amazing color coordination nonetheless) tbh but I'd like the builders' insight in order to make some improvements upon the idea as well, may even scrap it altogether for a superior team. Have fun and thanks in advance! :]

Reactions: nv
Hi my request is Offensive or Balance Team with AV Metagross

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake / Zen Headbutt

Reactions: nv
Hi my request is Offensive or Balance Team with AV Metagross

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
I want this too but i want it featured with LO offensive Mamo.

Sweet, I forgot about this.

So I love head games. And I actually made a pretty successful core around Azelf and Zoroark which haxed Euphonos and Christo to death. The replay is still out there somewhere. But I wanna make a more legitimate team with it, since they have fun.

So the sets I was hoping to see are in the spoilers below. c:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast/Energy Ball

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Thanks guys. c:

Hey guys, hope youre well.
Requesting a team built around the terror that is Crawdaunt. The only condition is that I dont want it to be the Swords Dance set, either Dragon Dance behind Dual Screens or Life Orb/Band on a Trick Room team.
Looking forward to see what you create :)

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey guys, hope youre well.
Requesting a team built around the terror that is Crawdaunt. The only condition is that I dont want it to be the Swords Dance set, either Dragon Dance behind Dual Screens or Life Orb/Band on a Trick Room team.
Looking forward to see what you create :)
Sadly since Crawdaunt is currently being retested, the builders and I will not be building teams with it unless it stays in UU as if we were to build any teams and it happens to stay in BL, then those teams are effectively a waste of our time. You may, however, request something different :)

Hello guys, gals, and everybody else. Today, I'm up with a request of an Hyper Offense/offensive balance team with a set that everybody forgot about:

Melo-sensei (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Knock Off

(Please do not change the set in any way.)

Why does this thing require to use Relic Song instead of just knowing it?:mad: Because of this requirement, it only functions as a high risk high reward cleaner that is completely able to decimate weakened teams with a monstrous base 128 attack that is even higher than Honchkrow and blazing base 128 speed that is even higher than Noivern (This set actually speedcreeps Noivern after setting up.) and nearly unresisted STAB coverage that rivals the Mega Lopunny of OU, albeit restricting building the rest of the team so hard. Oh, and this is the only set of Meloetta (besides using Psychic/Shadow Ball on standard Meloetta) that actually puts Serene Grace to good use. With the ability, Relic Song has a nifty 20% chance to put an opponent Pokémon to sleep.

Now for some background information: Most of you guys know that I am a hardstall-only battler. All except three of my teams are hardstall. Well, I must admit that hardstall gets boring after a long time. So I decided to switch to HO but I have two problems: I basically suck at teambuilding HO and I thought no HO mon is as interesting and fun to play with as the mons of stall. Well, the latter problem was solved when I discovered that Melo-P actually had an analysis in UU Smogdex. I immidiately tried to build a team around it, tried different sets of Pokémon that I thought they would support Meloetta in any way (especially Hydreigon), but I unfortunately failed immensely, even on paper. Since I really want to take a break from stall for a while, I want a team based around Meloetta-Pirouette and Hydreigon.

Hydrei-kun (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt / Superpower / Fire Blast
- Roost

(Please do not give Hydreigon a Choice Item.)

Classic Wallbreaker/Stallbreaker Hydreigon, which provides nice offensive type synergy with Melo-P, weakens the opposing teams enough for Meloetta-P to clean up or just breaks apart defensive cores with Taunt+Roost.

I think Sticky Web support could help this core immensely, but it is of course optional (I couldn't find a way to fit it, tbh.). A Psychic type alongside a second Fighting type which forms a nice Dark/Psychic/Fighting offensive type core + Fighting spam might perform well next to this core.

TL;DR: A Hyper Offense team around En Pointe Meloetta and either Wallbreaker or Stallbreaker Hydreigon, please. Thank you in advance. n_n

Edit: Before any of you builders like NV start building the team, let me state that I would prefer a Hyper Offense team over Offensive Balance, the latter playstyle is just stated if this core proves to be impossible to be built around in a Hyper Offense team archtype.
don't mind me, just bumping my request after two long months

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I came across a pretty good core while team building, and I was wondering what some better team builders than me could build around it.
Monkey Smurf - here is your Entei + Heliolisk team!

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

I had a lot of fun with this team! Basically I decided to build a bulky offense team to grow off of the core you suggested. Choice Scarf Hydreigon has been getting a lot of flack lately, but it works as a great pivot alongside Heliolisk, and helps this team considerably against the offense that is getting pretty popular in this meta. I went with Modest Hydreigon, which still outspeeds everything relevant - faster 'mons like Scarf Mienshao and +1/Scarf Mence beat you anyways, while you still comfortably beat base 80 Scarf users like Chandy and Gardevoir. Modest also gets you some clutch KOs, such as against Mamoswine with Draco, and helps keep people guessing when they try to calc what set you're running.

Hydro Pump Mega-Blastoise is a nice way to break down offensive teams in general, as it is incredibly painful to switch into for any team not packing Florges/Blissey/Umbreon, and gave hazard support. Cobalion pulls triple duty as insurance against things like Lucario (see the note below), a rocks setter for the team and a late game sweeper. Finally, the team was looking like it would have trouble with stall and more defensive balance teams, so I added CM Gardy, which absolutely demolishes standard stall cores while still providing generally good offensive presence even when it can't get a CM off.

Some notes:
  • I primarily built and tested this team on the suspect ladder. That means that I did account for Crawdaunt in teambuilding, even though I'm technically not really supposed to (as Daunt isn't a part of the tier at the moment). The team functions fine outside of the Crawdaunt meta, though, and the only specifically anti-Crawdaunt element is Mega-Blastoise's speed. I gave it enough Speed to hit 222, but if Crawdaunt remains BL after the suspect vote, you can drop its Speed a bit and pick up some more bulk.
  • Cobalion is running Shuca Berry in this, because that's the best item to use on the ladder. However, if you were using this in a tour game or anything like that, I would replace Shuca Berry with Chople Berry. Shuca Berry aids in prediction against Mamoswine/Krook and keeps you comfortable against things like Drill Run M-Bee and EQ M-Aero, all of which is common as heck on the ladder. However, all of these threats are things that the team can easily handle even without Shuca Berry with just a little bit of smart playing. What it cannot handle, however, is a threat that is not very common on the ladder but absolutely demolishes this team otherwise: Nasty Plot Lucario. NP Luke just demolishes this team if it gets to +2. While it luckily can't set up on much, it CAN come in on Hydreigon locked into DPulse/Meteor and just win the game. Chople Berry means you will always survive a +2 LO Vacuum Wave and KO with Close Combat.
  • If you DO keep Shuca Berry, it's not the end of the world. Just make sure you scout out Lucario's set if you see a Lucario on the other side. Until you've managed to reveal that it's physical, be very careful about locking yourself into Hyper Voice/Grass Knot with Heliolisk or Dark Pulse/Draco with Hydreigon. Just focus on your pivoting moves, and you can play around it comfortably.
Here are some replays with the team:
All in all I really like this team, and I hope you do too. Enjoy, and have fun battling!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TheMasterOP

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Roost

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Sorry this is super late but basically I'm lazy af and meta changes happened when I thought I had a semi-decent one going. Anyhow, basically didn't decide to go dual LO since LO Haxorus didn't appeal to me due to Haxorus's Dragon Claw being pretty weak imo and I didn't want to risk confusion bs after Outrage ends. I went for a Sub DD set to be able to help break through stall much more easily and I felt like I didn't need PJab anyhow. Doublade's there for the Fairy-resist and general counter for shit like Snorlax and Reuniclus, generally a very good glue that pairs well with Hydreigon. I then needed a Fairy-type to be able to tank Draco Meteors and wanted a secondary check to the likes of Suicune, so I went for Whimsicott here as it also helped with the likes of Feraligatr. I didn't want to be too weak to opposing offense teams and also wanted another thing that isn't Doublade to be able to take on Mega Beedrill, as well as something with STABs to hit Fighting-types super effectively so something like Machamp couldn't steam through the team as easily, Mega Aerodactyl fit the build here. Lastly I have suicide lead Forretress to be able to have a slightly better matchup against Galvantula leads and also be able to weaken the likes of Cobalion and Doublade.

Requesting a team around Crawdaunt, With whismicott being a very good partner as part of a fire water grass core, While also being able to paralyze enemies to help with crawdaunts... erm... decent speed. I prefer jolly over adamant to outspeed things trying to creep it, as the walls in UU are very fast and are able to creep (Suicune, Florges, Arcanine, Roserade, Krookodile, Etc.) With crawdaunt being as powerful as it is A crawdaunt team might already be available but i can't find one for the life of me.

Crawdaunt @ Splash Plate/ Life Orb/ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- Stun Spore

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around Crawdaunt, With whismicott being a very good partner as part of a fire water grass core, While also being able to paralyze enemies to help with crawdaunts... erm... decent speed. I prefer jolly over adamant to outspeed things trying to creep it, as the walls in UU are very fast and are able to creep (Suicune, Florges, Arcanine, Roserade, Krookodile, Etc.) With crawdaunt being as powerful as it is A crawdaunt team might already be available but i can't find one for the life of me.

Crawdaunt @ Splash Plate/ Life Orb/ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- Stun Spore
Sadly since Crawdaunt is currently being retested, the builders and I will not be building teams with it unless it stays in UU as if we were to build any teams and it happens to stay in BL, then those teams are effectively a waste of our time. You may, however, request something different :)

Requesting a Sun Team with Swampert(mega or other) Arcanine and Florges Core please!

This is just something I've put together already, but I don't mind any changes to the sets:

AID (Swampert) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Legend (Arcanine) (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Radia (Florges) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

The other Pokemon I have right now are Chandelure life orb special attacker, and leafeon leftovers with wish/protect and chlorophyll. I'm open to any suggestions, move changes, items, etc. !
Just thought I'd mention I updated my post for clarity in case no one saw it! :)

Why is your stuff level fifty? UU uses level 100 mons.
Oh, sorry! I have two separate versions of the team, one for in game(Maison and etc.) and one for online. I don't think many of the IVs are different though, I'll change any that are!

Thanks for catching that. :)

EDIT: Changed IV spread.

Ive built some sun teams in the past, including one with Venusaur after it dropped, and I really like the style, altho I'm aware of Sun teams' limits in the UU metagame. I do have some builds in mind when thinking about Sun, but I'd like to see someone else builds, as a way to improve my own. I had the idea from Smokee request, but I think I'm aware of how Swampert + Arcanine + Florges isn't exactly the most optimal sun core. So I'm requesting a Sun team based around Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs:
- Growth
-
-
-

EVs, nature and moves are up to you, since Venu can go mixed or full special. My only request is to keep Growth on this set and capitalize on it, providing help by Memento support or any other way. Thanks in advance.

I'm requesting an offensive team built around these Pokémon:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Close Combat
Magnet Rist

The idea being that Salamence helps clear the way for Cobalion to sweep by weakening/removing physical walls. The bulky Fairies that wall Salamence are easily dealt with by Cobalion's Iron Head. Hazards beyond Stealth Rock aren't necessary, as I want this team to focus on powering through the opponent not slowly wearing them down.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm requesting an offensive team built around these Pokémon:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Close Combat
Magnet Rist
- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.

Hi! I'm new to uu and this thread. I would like to request a team to be built around speed boost yanmega. Despite yanmega having a 4x weakness to rocks, it is a pretty fearsome sweeper once it gets at least 1 boost from speed boost. This can be guaranteed by moves like protect/detect. Other than that it's a pretty simple bug/flying type special attacker which can cause a lot of problems for some offensive teams.

The set:
Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power/Giga Drain The team style is up to the builder.(tbh i don't really care, offense or balance work) Anyways other than that wish you luck with teambuilding and thanks :]

I would like to request a team built around the idea of Swords Dance Baton Pass Mega Absol. I have no real idea or care about the recipient/s pokemon on the team. I guess some effective UU sweeper, which can't or have hard trouble Sword Dancing themselves and the pass, alongside natural high speed/scarf will grant the ability to sweep. Rest of team is probably built to support said sweep with a dedicated lead, probably stealth rocks and all that jazz. I'm not really so sure or keen on HO playstyle and maybe other style of offence will suffice. I do want the feel and playstyle of the team to, as much as possible, to be able to lead to believe the M-Absol is a breaker/sweeper on it's own, meaning they won't expect the Baton Pass and it will take them off guard. I think maybe Sharpedo could be a good sweeper, appreciating the Sword Dance boost and rest of them team could be built to weaken Sharpedo's counters. (or another sweeper with the same idea).

I don't really want to give a M-Absol spread since I don't want to limit it's building (offensive vs defensive, fast vs slow,etc) but the aforementioned two moves are a must of-course. Also, I think Justified could be exploited to switch into dark moves and snag the boost to scare the opponent to switch to a Mega-Absol counter before it sets up to +3 and sweep, while in reality, it set-ups and passes to a different sweeper. (one that could beat common m-absol switch-ins?)

Absol @ Absolite
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

:)

Bumping my request (Roserade + Blastoise) because it's been a long time and I'm not that interested in the core anymore.
However, I would like to request a new mon.

Gardevoir is a mon I've been trying to use, but I'm bad a teambuilding. Nobody has requested it yet (that or I'm blind) so I thought I would. Gardevoir has base 125 Special Attack, the same as Hydreigon, and good SpDef. It also has a great offensive and supportive move pool. I don't have a particular set in mind, but I would like life orb or specs. Psyshock, Moonblast and Focus Blast seem necessary, but stuff like Shadow Ball or HP Fire could be used to hit Doublade (the ladder OHKOs Forretress as well). Non attacking moves that I think could be useful are Taunt, Will-O, Trick, T-wave, Sub, or Healing Wish, but I'll leave the set to the builder. I'm also unsure whether to run timid or modest, so that is your choice as well. I like balance, so that is the play style I would like the team to be, and it would be cool if the team had another one of the drops as well because I want to use them, but if they don't fit with the team don't bother.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
LorisMasta17, have you seen the team I posted with the Heliolisk/Entei core? It uses CM Life Orb Gardevoir to great effect. I've had a lot of success with the team, and I recommend you give it a shot.

LorisMasta17, have you seen the team I posted with the Heliolisk/Entei core? It uses CM Life Orb Gardevoir to great effect. I've had a lot of success with the team, and I recommend you give it a shot.
Oh, I didn't see that until now. I'll definitely try the team out. I think I'll keep my request though to see how a different set works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)