Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
boy i'm tired
Amane Misa won this week, congrats n_n

----------------------------

UU's resident fat Water / Ground type hasn't been faring too well as of late, but it's gotten some interesting new versatility with the advent of its Choice Band set, smacking common switch-ins with powerful coverage moves. Its typing can help it fit on teams, but it's obviously not great as a sole check to Electric-types. Still, let us see what y'all've got.

submissions are due saturday.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
Here is my team for this week built around CB Swampert. Standard CB Pert Swampert but I'm using Facade cos getting Burned really blows so this at least lets it still be useful. So I partnered it with Mega Sceptile because there are a lot of DD Refresh Malt right now meaning it doesn't fear much from Pert. That is until you blow it back with an Ice Punch, same can be said for Latias, Celebi etc. I used Mega Sceptile recently and it is honestly really fun and underrated tbh. Next partner is AV Scizor because I wanted something to help remove Pokemon like Latias which are pretty annoying for some of these members even if Swamp can also lure it in. I also didn't want to CB users, but I really love this set anyways. Also removes Celebi if Swampert hasn't lured it in yet. Next up I have Moltres as the check to Scizor, Cobalion, Ape and Lucario. It has Fly-Z to nuke something and U-turn for momentum to get in Swampert or Sceptile. Next I needed a SR user and flying resist so I went for Nihilego. Nihilego makes up for the fact Scizor doesn't hit fairy types as hard which is really nice. I'm running a standard set but went for Power Gem as didn't find Grass Knot to be as necessary. Went for Speed Boost Nihi as the team has no Scarfer. The final member I knew I wanted a Fairy type and Defog user and the best option is probably Togekiss but I hate that Mon with a passion. So I went with Silvally Fairy. I've also liked Silvally Steel recently and this does the same thing but isn't as passive. It is a nice check to Hydra and Kommo-o. It outspeeds Kommo-o so it can even remove it with Multi Attack. I pref Flamethrower when testing as it lures in Sciz and also 2OHKOs Bisharp but Toxic can be nice too. Anyways I've had fun with this double Starter squad and hope you guys do to ^_^

Swampert:
- Speed for Gligar and 216 Spe Primarina

Scizor:
- Used it last week for RW. But essentially helps tank hits from Lati and Celebi better

Silvally:
- Speed for Non-Scarf Krook
- The Atk helped with roles vs Crawdaunt and Ape, and killin Shark

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
swampert.pngdoublade (1).png793 (1).pnghydreigon.pngazelf.pngscizor (1).png
<Click Sprites for Importable>

For Swampert week I decided to build around Icium Blizzard Swampert, a set by Misa. I first added Doublade as Swampert did a good job of luring in Chesnaught and Hydreigon. Knock Off Nihilego was something I've wanted to utilize for awhile and it did a fair job at dealing with Hydreigon should Swampert not lure it in. Nihilego could also beat Empoleon. Hydreigon hit hard with LO and could threaten Crawdaunt and Scizor as long as it stayed healthy. AO Azelf is fire. It could break stall, appreciated Hydreigon's removal, and could turn the tables on offense. I flipped between AV and CB Scizor but found the special bulk not needed as much with Nihilego and the extra power from CB was handy against opposing Doublade and Gligar that couldn't tank hits as well with Evolite Knocked Off.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

https://pokepast.es/8be151be185e97b4

This is a team I made a couple weeks ago for round 1 of masters. Essentially I wanted to build around an unexpected and powerful breaker, choice banded swampert. I choice toxic as its last move specifically to pressure stall pokemon like alomomola who can switch in despite it being scarf as well as chesnaught. I paired it with terrakion with fightium z to add more pressure against stall teams as well as having this core of two strong breakers which sounded interesting. I had seen kink do it before with two choice band pokemon but I decided to use z move terrakion for more freedom. Both swampert and terrakion don't appreciate fairies so I chose bronzong as my rocker and latias check. Next big issue I needed to cover was scizor so i chose probably one of the best scizor checks/switch ins rotom heat and slapped a rocky helmet on it to punish scizor for uturning. Since this team is all about getting terrakion in to do work i gave rotom heat pain split for more longevity. Rotom heat was also really nice for my team because it gave me a defogger and a pivot that could volt switch and get one of my two breakers in. Rotom heat also checked flying types defensively and gave me a decent switch in to moltres. I wanted another pivot for my breakers and I needed speed control so I chose hydreigon which is the most consistent scarfer in uu right now imo. Hydreigon is also a last stitch check to crawdaunt and rko'er of celebi which was nice for me. Finally I needed a fairy because I was run through by hydreigon. I chose primarina because with rest it is able to switch in and act as a sponge soaking up hits for this team. I really needed a consistent krookodile switch in as well which made primarina perfect. Here is my masters replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-848942429

Enjoy!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Congrauldtuns Twilight for winning a week with silvally-fairy of all mons.

-------------------------------------

Say hello to the dog that TSR didn't want as a week, but we're doing it anyway bc i bullied him into it. Punish that Rotom-H spam with the one Ground-type that doesn't care at all. Especially good with hazard support!

Submissions for this week are due by Saturday, as usual! Let's get a big week in this time :D

<Click sprites for importable>
I'll post my team early as I've posted two Zydog teams here before, so nothing crazy to build another. From testing it's worked quite nicely. I just decided to use Klefki spikes instead. So CB Zydog with Glare, not using DD cos that set sucks. Klefki with Iapapa and Recycle to keep checking Hydra. Magnet rise has been nicer than T-wave but use whichever. Talon works well with Zydog bopping Rotom-H. Flame Charge has been pretty nice for me but feel free to use Taunt. Doublade gives me a switch into Terrakion and has strong offensive presence + spin blocker. Blastoise emergency hazard remover and hits like a truck. Considered Starmie but I don't wanna be any weaker to Bisharp. Hydro for hitting harder. Finally Kommo-o as the SR user with Taunt to prevent hazard removal or setting of hazards. Decent check to Gengar and Bisharp. Hope you enjoy and sorry if there are any importable issues, doing this on my phone ^_^

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Protect

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost
Kept it simple this week. Started with ol' reliable CB Zydoge and decided to pair it with Protect Manectric, which is able to scout against Scarf users. Nidoqueen provides Toxic Spikes to make Zygarde even more threatening as well as the required Stealth Rocks. Hydreigon fit well as it could provide emergency hazard removal and serve as speed control. Cobalion could fit Stone Edge with Nidoqueen running rocks. Running Steelium over Fightinium because Amoonguss and Primarina are fucking pains. Togekiss ties the team together as a stall breaker and can be a handy cleric if Hydreigon gets paralyzed by Rotom-H or something. Hope you guys enjoy the squad n_n.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Zygarde-10% @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

The team is a Zygarde and Scizor team. Originally Zygarde was Choice band, but I changed it to Z cause the team didn't have a Z-user. With a DD, Zygarde is as fast as Choice scarf zygarde and as strong as Banded Zygarde. After a DD, Groundium Z does the same damage as two banded Thousand Arrows. Swampert is the rocker and physical wall. Specs Azelf hits really hard, so it helps chip opponents. Mega-Manectric has discharge over Thunderbolt cause the 30% chance to para is decent. Substitute is used to scout and potentially get a sub if the opponent switches out.
I used SD scizor cause it beats a lot of teams if they don't have a revenge killer that resists bullet punch. Amoonguss can use spore, to give Scizor and Zygarde opportunities to setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)