Approved Underrated Movesets in UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Players tend to prepare for standard sets they see everyday, however there have been various innovative movesets popping up in the tier recently that I think would be cool to bring into the spotlight. That's it I guess, not much else to say really :P

Thanks for your time!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
about how many do you think you'll be doing and do you have an idea of the depth to which you'll be going?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ideally 5, definitely 4. Regarding depth, I'll be looking to write each one in three parts:
  • How the Pokemon is currently perceived in the metagame.
  • Why the moveset is an effective one even though it isn't seen much.
  • Description of the moveset and EVs and how they work in practice.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
These are the ones I'm really keen on:
  • NP Mega Houndoom
  • Specially Defensive Mega Swampert
  • Regenerator Assault Vest Reuniclus
  • Agility Feraligatr
I'm not sure about these, I don't know whether they are truly 'underrated' because bulky DD Mence and Stallbreaker Hydreigon are quite popular I think, while Tailwind Suicune has been a thing for a long time.
  • Bulky DD Mence with Refresh or Earthquake in the last slot
  • Stallbreaker Hydreigon (Taunt, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Roost with Lefties)
  • Offensive Tailwind Suicune
Ideally I'd like to do the first four and one of the above three. I'd like to hear your opinions Hikari :)

I have never liked Ass Vest Reuniclus. Worse typing and movepool than Slowking, and Magic Guard is like top 3 ability in the whole game. What's your reasoning for that one? just curious.

I like the other three.

In my opinion, Hydreigon > Tailwind Suicune > Bulky DD Mence. Hydreigon isn't that common, afaik, and Tailwind Suicune is only "commonly" seen in tournaments. I don't think I have ever seen Bulky DD Mence on the ladder or tournaments, but in my personal experience with it, bulky Mence really struggles to get a sweep going in the current meta.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
I agree that Magic Guard is a superior ability but Assault Vest + Regenerator makes it a pretty amazing offensive pivot against special attacks. It can check some top special attackers like bird, Mega Amph, Nidoqueen, Dragalge, Roserade, etc. Slowking is decent too but it doesn't have the 125 Special Attack to work with. It's not that it's a better set than the Magic Guard ones, but it's decent in its own right and has its uses. So I feel that people should be aware of it as an option.

Agree with your other points, I'll include Hydreigon then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)