BSS Unburden Sneasler (QC 2/2) (GP 1/1)

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OwO

GottaGoFast (Unburden Sweeper) (Sneasler) @ Normal Gem / White Herb
Ability: Unburden
Level: 50
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Fake Out / Swords Dance
- Acrobatics / Fake Out / Shadow Claw
[SET COMMENTS]

* With its good Speed tier and access to Unburden, Sneasler is one of the most potent cleaners in the metagame.

* **Dire Claw**: Dire Claw is Sneasler’s preferred Poison STAB move due to its highly disruptive secondary effects, making it a very difficult move to switch into, even for Pokemon that wall it like Dondozo.

* **Fake Out**: With a Normal Gem, Fake Out offers both good chip damage and the ability to safely activate Unburden.

* **Swords Dance**: While it can be difficult to fit and somewhat risky to go for, Swords Dance allows Sneasler to increase its damage output and clean through teams more reliably.

* **Acrobatics** - Acrobatics is a natural pairing with Unburden, providing a massively powerful Flying-type attack once Sneasler’s item is used.

* **Shadow Claw**: Shadow Claw is an option to allow Sneasler to better handle otherwise problematic foes, such as Gholdengo.

* **Female Optimization**: With the presence of Cute Charm Enamorus, it is recommended that physical attackers be female to avoid potential infatuation upon attacking Enamorus.

Items
==========
* **Normal Gem**: When combined with Fake Out, this is Sneasler’s safest way to activate Unburden.

* **White Herb**: While less easily activated, not relying on a specific move to activate Unburden allows Sneasler to diversify its move selection more, becoming more of a threat.

EV Spreads
==========
* **92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD/ 156 Spe with Adamant**: This spread allows Sneasler to outspeed up to Booster Energy Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle well as Choice Scarfed Dragapult once Unburden is active without compromising on Power.

* **76 HP / 252 Atk / Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe with Adamant**: This spread sacrifices some Speed to survive Jolly Urshifu-R’s Surging Strikes and and Modest Gholdengo’s Make It Rain, at the cost of no longer outspeeding Choice Scarf Dragapult with Unburden.

* **60 HP / 228 Atk / 60 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe with Adamant**: This spread survives Jolly Urshifu-R’s Surging Strikes and Modest Gholdengo’s Make It Rain without compromising on Speed; however, it loses out on immediate power.

Tera Types
==========
* **Flying-type**: Tera Flying gives Sneasler an immunity to Ground-type attacks, allowing it to set up on foes such as Landorus while also boosting the power of Acrobatics even further.

* **Ghost-type**: Tera Ghost grants Sneasler an immunity to Extreme Speed, notably allowing it to more consistently beat Dragonite.

* **Ice-type**: When used alongside Tera Blast, Tera Ice allows Sneasler to more reliably beat foes like Landorus-T and Dragonite.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality Checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/photon.516307/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/butch-hardnight.265677/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ken.594478/

Last edited:
A couple of things that come to mind:
  • Have we seen enough Grassy Seed for it to be worth mentioning? I know it’s raw usage is low so I’m not sure about that one.
  • HP EVs should be 100, not 102.
  • I would definitely mention Booster Mane and/or Bundle next to Choice Scarf Dragapult. If that’s a separate EV spread, that works too, but it should be somewhere since that’s a HUGE metagame relevant quality to have.

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
A couple of things that come to mind:
  • Have we seen enough Grassy Seed for it to be worth mentioning? I know it’s raw usage is low so I’m not sure about that one.
  • HP EVs should be 100, not 102.
  • I would definitely mention Booster Mane and/or Bundle next to Choice Scarf Dragapult. If that’s a separate EV spread, that works too, but it should be somewhere since that’s a HUGE metagame relevant quality to have.
I’m not sure about adding grassy seed just yet. I do agree that it’s good but I wanna give it a little more time to develop and see if it catches on or not.

Right, I was building this set on console and there are actually 2 useless EVs and I did end up putting them into hp, I’ll fix it to 100, since that’s the amount needed for the stats to be correct.

I can do this as well, I figured since scarf Pult outspeeds all of those anyway it would be implied.

yeah, the 2 extra are your buffer zone for ev's. a new player looking at 102 is going to be very confused as to why you're suddenly investing 102 for hp and it's better to just keep it clean and consistent.

some minor ev spread optimisation's. if you run 92 hp 4 def 4 spdef you turn jolly surging strikes from a 25% change to ohko to a 6.3% chance to ohko which might as well be a guaranteed survival.

if you're some kind of geek that needs the guaranteed survival, 4/92/4 gives you guaranteed survival at the sacrifice of any special bulk.

you can run 60/228/60/4/156 which gives you guaranteed survival vs jolly strikes and also gives you guaranteed survival vs modest make it rain, which would be useful for the tera ghost version so you can actually 1v1 gholdengo.

if you go for only bundle speed, you can run 76/252/60/4/116. that'll give you the guaranteed survivals vs urshifu and gholdengo but it also makes freeze dry from timid bundle a guaranteed 3hko and icicle crash from adamant chien pao a 2hko, plus it lets you keep max atk for highest damage output.

Last edited:
I can do this as well, I figured since scarf Pult outspeeds all of those anyway it would be implied.
I think it’s worth mentioning metagame dominant matchups like that when applicable. Unburden Sneasler is one of the few things that can outrun Booster mons, which is arguably more relevant than outrunning Scarf Pult. The main spread obviously creeps the little extra to get to Pult, but that’s why I think you just mention all three together unless you go Butch’s route and disperse the information across spreads.

DerpySuX

Ok here’s the changes I’ve made

- Added Butch Hardnight’s alternate EV spreads to guarantee survivability at the cost of speed and power respectively. If any of these need to be worded better please let me know, it’s been a while since I’ve done a full on analysis lmaoo

- changed the main EV spread to be 100/252/156 and made mention of booster bundle and booster flutter.

If there are no objections to the current analysis I’ll be passing it on to GP soon!

This looks good. Um, on the default EV spread, should it be listed what the bulk does? More Spe doesn't do tons, but you can tie +2 max Espathra I guess.

It doesn't look like it'd be super easy to find the info online so I'll just ask, if the opponent Protects t1(which I imagine they'd do if they can based on how it works, if they are against Sneasler,) is Normal Gem still consumed? Because if not then it can't be used w/o switching out and back in, since the move for it is Fake Out. That would pose a significant obstacle for Normal Gem sets, Protect isn't common but a few things get away w/ it ofc.

DerpySuX

This looks good. Um, on the default EV spread, should it be listed what the bulk does? More Spe doesn't do tons, but you can tie +2 max Espathra I guess.

It doesn't look like it'd be super easy to find the info online so I'll just ask, if the opponent Protects t1(which I imagine they'd do if they can based on how it works, if they are against Sneasler,) is Normal Gem still consumed? Because if not then it can't be used w/o switching out and back in, since the move for it is Fake Out. That would pose a significant obstacle for Normal Gem sets, Protect isn't common but a few things get away w/ it ofc.
Survives jolly Urshifu CC most of the time, lives modest fmane Moonblast, and a few other things. Generally though it’s not worth going higher than 156 with unburden because you won’t reach any more speed benchmarks, and ideally you wouldn’t be using Sneasler to attempt to setup alongside espathra. Something like chien-pao or ting-lu would be much better at threatening it without melting to its stab.

if you want to go faster you could invest to outspeed jolly Urshifu, (180 speed EVs) but this leaves you vulnerable to a lot more that you could usually get away with taking a hit from.

Ok. What's your opinion of sash+Counter? If that's no good then this seems pretty cut-and-dry, nothing you could add then really.

I think its possible to invest more bulk into hisuin sneasler than going with 156 speed. As 156 is overkill imo in this format, with this ev spread he can still outspeed regieliki with unburden and 2 hit KO extreme killer dragonite.

Fake out has higher priority than extreme speed and can be used to scout out premature tera's and KO with close combate surviving extreme speed with 30% hp. If the tera has already been used by the opponet, tera ice can 1HKO dragonite; it can also be used as a supriised for tera grass heatran.

Rapid Strike Urshifu is everywhere and has enough bulk to survive most hits. Snealser does have a good match into it but its close. With rocks, urshifu rapid with no defense EV's is guarantied to be defeated with a combination of fake out and close combat, as on the low end it does 70% and on the high end it KO's urishifu.

Tera Ice is meant to take out lead landourus therium even with intimidate and any other flying pokemon that comes in.

Hisui Park (Sneasler) @ Normal Gem
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

DerpySuX

I think its possible to invest more bulk into hisuin sneasler than going with 156 speed. As 156 is overkill imo in this format, with this ev spread he can still outspeed regieliki with unburden and 2 hit KO extreme killer dragonite.

Fake out has higher priority than extreme speed and can be used to scout out premature tera's and KO with close combate surviving extreme speed with 30% hp. If the tera has already been used by the opponet, tera ice can 1HKO dragonite; it can also be used as a supriised for tera grass heatran.

Rapid Strike Urshifu is everywhere and has enough bulk to survive most hits. Snealser does have a good match into it but its close. With rocks, urshifu rapid with no defense EV's is guarantied to be defeated with a combination of fake out and close combat, as on the low end it does 70% and on the high end it KO's urishifu.

Tera Ice is meant to take out lead landourus therium even with intimidate and any other flying pokemon that comes in.

Hisui Park (Sneasler) @ Normal Gem
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll make a note about tera ice, as it is the fourth most common tera according to HOME. We do already have alternate EV spreads listed that invest more into bulk at the cost of speed/power. For analyses try to make a general set for each role a Pokémon can perform and then offer potential changes that can be made to better suit one’s team in the description of the set. So most of the changes you suggested are already covered in the analysis itself!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll make a note about tera ice, as it is the fourth most common tera according to HOME. We do already have alternate EV spreads listed that invest more into bulk at the cost of speed/power. For analyses try to make a general set for each role a Pokémon can perform and then offer potential changes that can be made to better suit one’s team in the description of the set. So most of the changes you suggested are already covered in the analysis itself!
Thanks for the advice!

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
1/1 GP Team done
add remove comment
OwO

GottaGoFast (Unburden Sweeper) (Sneasler) @ Normal Gem / White Herb
Level: 50
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Fake Out / Swords Dance
- Acrobatics / Fake Out / Shadow Claw
[SET COMMENTS]

* With its good speed Speed tier and access to Unburden, Sneasler is one of the most potent cleaners in the metagame.

* **Dire Claw**: Dire Claw is Sneasler’s preferred Poison STAB move due to its highly disruptive secondary effects, making it a very difficult move to switch into, (ac) even for Pokémon Pokemon that wall it (rc) like Dondozo.

* **Fake Out**: With a Normal Gem, Fake Out offers both good chip damage and the ability to safely activate Unburden.

* **Swords Dance**: While it can be difficult to fit and somewhat risky to go for, Swords Dance allows Sneasler to increase its damage output and clean through teams more reliably.

* **Acrobatics** - Acrobatics is a natural pairing with Unburden, providing a massively powerful Flying-type attack once Sneasler’s item is used.

* **Shadow Claw**: Shadow Claw is an option to allow Sneasler to better handle otherwise problematic matchups foes, such as Gholdengo.

* **Female Optimization**: with With the presence of Cute Charm Enamorus, it is recommended that physical attackers be female to avoid potential infatuation upon attacking into Enamorus.

Items
==========
* **Normal Gem**: When combined with Fake Out, this is Sneasler’s safest way to activate Unburden.

* **White Herb**: While less easily activated, not relying on a specific move to activate Unburden allows Sneasler to diversify its move selection more, becoming more of a threat.

EV Spreads
==========
* **92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD/ 156 Spe with Adamant**: This spread allows Sneasler to outspeed up to Booster Energy Flutter Mane and Iron Bundles remove s as well as Choice Scarfed Dragapult once Unburden is active without added a space here compromising on Power.

* **76 HP / 252 Atk / Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe with Adamant**: This spread sacrifices some speed Speed to survive Jolly Urshifu-R's apostrophe + s Surging Strikes and and Modest Gholdengo's apostrophe + s Make It Rain (rc) at the cost of no longer outspeeding Choice Scarf Dragapult with Unburden.

* **60 HP / 228 Atk / 60 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe with Adamant**: This spread survives Jolly Urshifu-R's apostrophe + s Surging Strikes and Modest Gholdengo's apostrophe + s Make It Rain without compromising on speed Speed; (rc, add semicolon) however, (ac) it loses out on immediate power.

Tera Types
==========
* **Flying-type**: Terastallizing into a Flying-type You can say "Tera Flying gives" gives Sneasler an immunity to Ground-type attacks, allowing it to set up on foes such as Landorus if you mean therian, Landorus-T while also boosting the power of Acrobatics even further.

* **Ghost-type**: Terastallizing into the Ghost-type same as above-"Tera Ghost grants" if you prefer grants Sneasler an immunity to Extreme Speed, notably allowing it to more consistently beat Dragonite.

* **Ice-type**: When used alongside Tera Blast, an Ice-type tera Tera Ice allows Sneasler to more reliably beat foes like Landorus-T and Dragonite.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality Checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/photon.516307/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/butch-hardnight.265677/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ken.594478/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)