Other Ubers World Cup - Format Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be honest, I just want to play dpp with the Oceania peeps and don't really care what format it turns up in. I'm pretty selfish in that regard.

That being said, I wasn't expecting that when we deleted one of UWL or UWC that we could potentially lose 2/3 chances for all of our old gen ubers to be part of an ubers team tour. I know you can still play old gen ubers at the team level in UPL and old gen PL (eg dpppl), but we'd literally lose half of those opportunities to do so if we went to full CG.
Personally, I'd prefer full oldgens but if we anticipate trouble filling in rby and gsc slots then just get rid of those two if you have to, ADV and later all have decent playerbases. We could just do mixed down to ADV.

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I’m in favor of Mixed Gen with multiple CG slots and having Gen 3 as the cutoff as many people have also posted in this thread.

I have biases because I’m not very fond of the current state SV Ubers while personally enjoying the Old Gens more, so I don’t really feel much when suggesting SV should be less represented than typical.

Hello everyone I will try to keep it short. I don't really care if it's weeks or pools, we should let the host decide on this on what's easy for them as hosting can be a pain.

Now for the main part I think all cg is the play.
Firstly because it's not like old gens are not given the importance they deserve. There are multiple tours like upl and classics which are old gens, not to mention if uwl got voted instead of world cup that would have been old gens as well.
Many regions might not be able to produce old gens players whereas with dlc dropping tmrw or in 1-2 days there are chances of seeing new stuff being built and perfect opportunity for the growth of the metagame this will also give us a idea on how the metagame is. Like common dlc is dropping and u want to see the same old gens again instead of something potentially new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)