Tournament Ubers Winter [Team] Tour - Finals (Won by Luminous Lunalas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey I know that writing a shoutouts post after losing is kind of cringe, but this tour was honestly the most fun I had in a tour on smogon (up there with us west this past wcop and 2018 team in cpl, s/o those guys). Also by writing this it will help bring back some happy memories of the season, to make me feel less bad for letting my team down in finals.

Going into the draft I wasn’t sure if I wanted to play, I talked to no managers and was considering deleting my signup until the last moment. I had no idea where I would land in the draft but got excited when I saw goaty and dovah buy lax and tony, two people I wanted to team with, and was hoping theyd draft me. Luckily they did and the price wasn’t bad. It’s funny their cap was supposedly 18k on me which I was pretty mad about since I thought my support was worth way more than that. It was fair tho since I said I was busy and they had no idea how much id help every slot, but im sure they woulda had a way higher cap if they saw the effort I put into this tour. But that’s not important what is is that they got me for a good price and was able to put me on a team with a lot of friends. It was cool being the most expensive player, I kinda felt a responsibility to lead the team and act as a third manager. It was also the first tour where I felt literally everyone on the team respected me and was looking forward too and appreciative of my support. I would like to thank my teammates for that as I really felt welcome and im glad we did some great things together. It’s a big change from my two upls as the first no one trusted me and then 2nd I didn’t feel as welcome.

Our team had to deal with a lot this season, its amazing we came so close to winning with everything that happened. 3 of our top 5 most expensive players cancered/disappeared, and we were able to adjust the lineup to keep winning. Our subs were great and always ready for the opportunity and I want to say they went positive. Would love to team with most of u guys again and I hope you guys get the opportunity to start in ubers tours in the future. I guess for individual signups I’ll just go through the lineup by price in draft cause idk how else I would order it.

Blim : First up we have blim, I was excited to team with him as we had good experiences in the past but we didn’t have a chance to team before. I really love blims approach to mons, I see a lot of similarities in myself in him. The way he prepares being the main thing, loved his team this season and how he approached different opponents. Sorry no one boosted into you, I know you wanted to play a boosted game but boosting in oras is mega sus even though u showed ur the best in the pool. Thanks for being a sort of 4th manager for us, I often pm’d u asking ur thoughts because I respect you as a player and person so much.

TonyFlygon : I really appreciate u coming back to play finals and being honest to me about what happened to u, u had no obligation to come back and no obligation to tell the truth to me about that. I really appreciate your honesty. I think you got what you like though cause your always trying to avoid playing your weeks in these ubers tours, throwback to them making a rule because of u lmaoooo. Wish we gotta finish up that week 2 team we had some cool ideas there. Also I’m glad you decided to use that team I passed u for finals, I really respect your willingness to listen to advice as a top player, especially when I told you ur previous build was unviable.

Lazy_bread27 (plat): I know u were dealing with some irl stuff this season so I’m really appreciative of how u still set time aside to work on matchups. I think you’re growing as a player, both with playing and team selection, which is great to see. Teaming with you for the first time was really fun, hope we gave you a better experience than on the rays lmaoooo. Loved how u always gassed me up I appreciate that a lot, and reacted to all my messages with emotes. You’re a great friend and I’m glad our relationship is getting better than it was a year ago, you mean a lot to me.

lax : Was fun teaming with u as always, I forgive you for leaving if you ever see this. It was nice to have someone to pass teams to that I know would play excellently. You always farm these random tiers, honestly you’re probably the goat at farming random tiers. Fuck you for using a slurmz team week 1 tho.

Gareeb : Ngl pretty disappointed with how u cancered after getting benched. I get you were kinda busy irl but really wanted to see more as I think you have great ideas and are becoming a better player, but quitting when you hit an obstacle is not a step to take if you want to succeed. I will say I loved how u played week 1, even though it was annoying af to prep with u lmaooo u just have 1 million lines.

Enigami : As my managers didn’t know much about rby and gsc they asked me for recommendations on who to buy. You were one of the players I mentioned, as I knew u were a rby lower tiers main lmaoo and figured that with my support I could get you up to speed and do well. We did exactly that! I really liked your innovation with the boom team, I think a structure like that has a lot of potential to be a meta definer in modern rby ubers. Still a little annoyed u brought porygon without telling me but you are the porygon guy ultimately (and it did pretty well!).

Trade : Hey sorry we did not get you a game, we knew you were always there ready to sub in the timezones just didn’t work out and this tour was annoying with how it was hard to sub in players since every win matters. Thanks for testing a lot with thorx during the first few weeks of the tour though, that was awesome, you did it without us asking or even knowing so definitely feel good knowing you were part of thor’s great performance.

mncmt : You were one of the players I recommended to the managers during the draft and I’m so glad we got u. You had success using my teams in uwc so figured it would translate here. It was so fun passing you stuff since I knew youd use my heat, when I was often too scared to use the heat myself. You played really well this season and hope u keep signing up for ubers tours in the future. Maybe youll win open with my teams too lmaoo.

Rasengan777 : You weren’t active at all which we obviously expected when u drafting u so no worries. Glad you got a game was nice to see u play.

vani : Just with enigami you were one of my recommendations, for the old gens. Sorry I couldn’t help u more, my gsc knowledge is pretty dated. I know it was a tough season for you, but I liked your creativity in the builder a lot. I think if you can get a better grasp on prep you could have a real breakout gsc ubers team tour in the future.

King Billu : My boy, I LOVE teaming with u. You are honestly one of the best subs ive ever teamed with always ready when we called your name. Thanks for sticking around even when we were experimenting with other lineups, as I know how hard it can be to benched or switched into a tier you don’t want to play after losing. Thanks for always gassing me up, I really hope you get a starting spot in upl you deserve it. @ managers you should draft him for gsc, hes easily top 8 gsc and would be top 6 in this uwtt pool.

Smart Kid : :edgar: you know how much I appreciate u after teaming with u in upl aswell so I’ll keep this brief. You are a great teammate always keeping the chat active and making sure everyone is doing well. Thanks for accepting your role on the team and staying active. Also before I forget, shoutout for u, blim, and dovah for being so helpful to thor, you guys support was god like. Was cool to have all these good bw minds together and it paid off with the amazing undefeated record.

Thor : Cant believe I’m only getting to u just now, thought I skipped over u tbh but damn what were these managers thinking thorx for 4k????? Ok maybe in upl that price would be fair, but you’re god in these winter tours (haha living up to ur username) and I’m sure a good upl will come soon. Thanks for being so receptive to our bw cores help and you played so well. Hope you keep playing bw and keep doing well, am definitely rooting for u.

Ballfire : you cursed us by putting the pichu picture in the thread fuck u. you weren’t that active but chimed in when u could which was helpful. Thanks for subbing in to the boosted slot as well.

Ara : Glad we got u a game and u smashed dave lmao. You always gas me up too which I love. You a great friend was fun teaming. :araascended:

Flatemo : Thanks for giving great advice to the dpp slot throughout the season, and subbing in on short notice I really appreciated that. Glad you got your first game, hope u get games in future team tours. I’m excited to see your growth as a player and let me know if theres anything I can do to help u out. I might seem scary but I love helping people, that goes to everyone whos reading this too :)

Shuwri : Love you're builds, as a ladder played you have really unique takes on the metagame and I'm so glad u signed up for this tour. I think you're ahead of the curve when it comes to building and when I didnt like the builds is was because my understanding of the meta wasn't as good as your. Excited to see how u do in ladder tour this year if u decide to play and of course hope you sign up for upl.

Thanks to Garay oak , Hugo Barrington and Paradise Seeker for joining the server. Werent that active but helped plat a bit in sm which is one of my weaker tiers building wise.

Finally thanks to my managers( The Dovahneer and Goat Heart ♥ ), thank you for letting me act as a third manager and thank you for trusting me so much to play the boosting slots nearly every week. I’m glad we had a lot of success without inviting redacted or getting any support from him, shows that were not just redacted drones lmaoooooo. You guys did great helping with stuff, doing scouts and helping in tiers u know best. Dovah u were a testing warrior and really helped anyone who needed it prepare and it was fun prepping ss with u goaty, really respect u as a builder but ur builds been hella lame recently had to add my spice. I hope you too manage next year, and if theres retains retain me. Just a warning my retain is 18.5k so that would be above your cap ;)

Won 2-1-1 in a now meaningless set with Torchic with both of us bringing non-standard stuff and stretching out the fun with a G3 tie, ggs wp!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ubers-612194
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ubers-612195
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ubers-612196
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ubers-612201

Hope RBY Ubers makes a comeback in future Ubers team tours, this was fun!

Despite tripping at the finish line, 64 Squares I felt was MVP for the Qwilfish Qwillas, not only playing solidly but also providing support for the whole team. Made me think the 15.5k price to get Squares was a bit of a steal. I hope I get to be on a team with you again!

Thank you Luminous Lunalas.
Thank you Fc and Lunala for drafting me, you two are really far-sighted and have nice leadership charisma. I am ultra happy to team up with all members of Lunalas and won this tour with you all. Our team is harmonious and nice. I learned a lot more from you all. Shout out to all cheerleaders on Lunalas too for helping us out. Shout out to all friends gave me preparation support and all kind of support. I hope RBY Ubers makes a comeback in future team tours. I will keep going and having fun.
Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)