Tournament Ubers Winter TEAM Tour - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Thank you Fusion Flare
So yeah, commencement!!

Teams:

Funky Frost Monkeys : Staxi + keys

Luminous Lunalas : Lunala + Fc

InSomnia Giratinas : Holy Ghost + MMII

Zacian Waifus : Highlord + FatFighter2

Litwicks : Nol + Fardin

Qwillfish Qwillas : The Dovahneer + Goat Heart ♥

So yeah, have fun everybody. Just a bystander cohosting given my availability and seeing an opportunity to make a team tour possible!

Format shall be set whenever signups for RBY can be confirmed!!

Actually Nol it is just Litwicks or something like Lit Litwicks or did we miss something here.

SO YEAH

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok so you wanna let fardin and whoever the fuck Nol is manage? Fine.

But we are not allowing Litwick as a team name. Not even an Ubers Mon. Let’s atleast try a little bit here. Shit doesn’t even have a precursor to its name. It’s just litwick. Just based on this lack of effort and trolling already - I’d like them replaced by Mostwanted (not a tour) Winner Lord Thorx and SCL Semi-Finalist manager Alpha Rabbit.

Let’s not disgrace the Ubers community here guys. DIsgusting Lmaoo

Also fardin you pay sammy his $80 yet for waxin that ass? Oml goat

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Yo, I wanna gas gas gas introduce you all to some of the notable signups for RBY Ubers in this tour! The lineup is shaping up to be pretty damn stacked, all things considered! Thank you very much for giving us all a chance, the people who play this tier are very excited!

ZamStonks.png

So let's go ahead and get right into the stonks! These aren't power rankings, keep in mind~

Oiseau Bleu - Big one, biiiiig one, this is your guy to get. Since 2020 on Smogon, and probably a while before elsewhere, Oiseau Bleu has cemented himself as the undisputed king of Ubers in the RBY Community. Going 4-1 and 4-2 in RBYPL I and II respectively, as well as 3-1 in the previous RoA spotlight tours, he is virtually guaranteed to go positive here; it would take something truly ungodly to clip his wings!

kjdaas - A face who many here will know, kjdaas has succeeded in RBY for quite a few years, and she certainly still has it, winning last year's RBY Ubers Spotlight Tournament. Much like Oiseau Bleu, you can absolutely expect her to go positive, and that's truly all you need here, yeah? Give the queen her crown.

Ctown6 - Ctown crashed the RBY Ubers scene in fantastic fashion last year, taking wins against Mr.378, Mikon, and HSOWA in RBYPL II for a 3-2 record. Even when losing, everything looked doable! While absolutely a new face, he's been shown to succeed: while he can get a bit starstruck with the ladies, I truly believe he will repeat it if drafted for this tournament. Put me on his team pls I gotta support my boy

Mikon - Despite having a shaky start, I can see Mikon earning her keep if she's given a chance...she's done great in virtually every game she's been put in, doing fine in the spotlight tournament and having two solid - albeit losing - games in RBYPL II. I think those who look at the replays themselves will see a player they can polish into something great. Expect upsets, this user is far better than their pure results let on.

LTG - A new face that's virtually maining the tier RBY-wise, LTG entered through C&C and has come out a rising star. Scoring a win in RBYPL II when the week was on the line, I can say with confidence that even after playing Genshin Impact for like 6 hours and facing heavy pressure, he can absolutely function. I think that says enough, yeah? In all seriousness, he may need a bit of support, but he's reliable!

HSOWA - The Right Honourable Gentleman has played a good deal of RBY Ubers over the years, and has been drafted twice in RBYPL, albeit with mixed results, with an overall 1-3 record. Despite this, the one win he did get was pretty solid, that being over 64 Squares, who too has played quite a bit of the tier. Long-term play is rewarding in this tier, so I think you can trust our boy here.

64 Squares - Definitely the most RBYPL experience here, with an overall 4-5 record across I and II, with wins on Oiseau Bleu, Lutra, Mr.378, and Trade. The main point of contention, however, is whether he'd be playing it here: Ubers is his realm, after all! Regardless, a win on some of the kings of the tier are nothing to sneeze at, and he would absolutely come in clutch if he deigns us with his presence...

These users lack Ubers-related results that I could find, but have historically been extremely strong OU players. Given the tier has two (albeit extremely powerful and format-warping) Ubers, OU experience can go a long, long way, especially once the Mews are removed. I can strongly recommend them all;
  • Frrf
    • Tested in RBYPL II on my beautiful, dripping-with-swag Hipster Hypnos, strongly strongly recommend! Will go positive!
  • Unowndragon
    • Chinese fan-favourite, also one of my favourite players, give em a shot. Absolutely love teaming with em whenever I get the chance. Getting support from strong friends from what I've seen, Unowndragon is already well-prepared to take names!
  • Enigami
    • Despises OU these days, granting him a ton of free time with the lower-tiers, which he's been doing pretty well in! I see Ubers as simply another area for RBY's mad scientist to conquer. You really can't go wrong with this player in any RBY tier.
  • Amaranth
    • Top 5 RBY OU player, no contest, arguably Top 3. He's on a hot streak right now, but lacks a single Ubers game to his name by his own admission. I'd wager that Amaranth is your wild card here.
  • stunner047
    • Amaranth says they're pretty good and they've been tearing OU up lately to my knowledge, keep an eye on this one.
Sign any of the above up, they will probably come out big and win you some weeks.

If I'm to give a picture of what I would love to see out of a draft, I'd say Oiseau Bleu / Enigami / Frrf / Ctown6 / Mikon / Unowndragon would be absolutely incredible to see for an Ubers breakout performance. You could perhaps do a few swaps here and there towards the end, but that just goes to show how great the current competition already is. I expect some solid games, all in all.

Oh and there is me and I guess I have a win on Lutra, gahaha. I guess it's not fair to pitch myself, though. If you want me on, though, gimme a call @ Plague von Karma#2000...

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
i will select a few people from the above post to gas in particular:

frrf is, imo, a cut above most others in terms of pure playing ability, and i think he would be one of the strongest players in the field easily. hasn't played it a ton in rbypls and such due to also playing lots of ou and he's about top 15-20 in the world there, in the much more restricted ubers field he should easily be able to be top 2 or top 1 in my estimation but we haven't actually seen him play ubers in tours in a minute so there's some leeway there

oiseau bleu is your most reliable pick, he has consistently performed well in rbypls and he should go positive almost certainly, he's not uber clean at all times (get it? uber? haha) so i think on form frrf should edge him out but overall ob is probably going to win more than he's going to lose

enigami most recently has been favoring rbynu but he has a long history of playing every rby tier over the years and doing it rather well, might start slow but he should hot up to a consistent slot by the end of the tournament, if i were manager i reckon he'd be my number 3

ctown6 and mikon are two up and comers with the right attitudes, they need to be polished into proper high level players and they might need testing partners for that but the potential is there and the approach to the game seems solid for both of em. ctown slightly more proven than mikon, but id rate them fairly similar as 4-5 with potential to shoot up if they figure things out

64squares should really be playing some other gen but he would be up somewhere in that top 3 mix if you were to slot him in rby

me, i'm madly in love with both gsc and bw and i really want you to draft me for one of those but i suppose i can do rby too. but seriously please get me for gsc. or bw. one of them. i beg you. please,

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Ubers Winter Team Tour PR's

Better late than never, so here we have the PR's for this tournament! Thanks to all the other managers and specific players they shouted out (Isa, Ctown6, and TJ), and other players who weren't mentioned but helped work on these. The turnaround time was great, I got all the rankings to me in only a few hours which I'm super grateful for so that we could get power rankings out before the conclusion of week 1. Massive shoutout goes to Nevelle, who's rankings and formatting I used to compile these from his AG Snake ones, go give him a like if you haven't seen them already.

Scoring:
In each respective tier barring SS BO1 slots, points are given from 6-1 based on your ranking in the pool (ie. first overall player gets 6 points, second gets 5 points etc). In the event of a tie which happened given each player was only ranked 5 times, the points would be averaged out and the same score given to both (ie. if 2 players tied for first overall they would get 5.5 points instead of one getting 6 and one getting 5 like without a tie). For SS in particular given there's 2 slots, the points were taking from 12-1 for each player and the 2 teams' players scores were added together then divided by 2 to get the average as to not skew the rankings as hard with the larger amount of players. If there are any errors in scoring please let me know and I'll update accordingly.

With all that out of the way:

Ranking
Team
Funky Frost Monkeys
Litwicks
Qwilfish Qwillas
Luminous Lunalas
InSomnia Giratinas
Zacian Waifus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)