Ubers Ubers Winter Seasonal - Round 11 (Loser's Bracket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hype! Deadline is Monday, March 21st if you're too lazy to scroll down.

SPECIFIC RULES (ripped off from Arcticblast)
  • This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I will choose several games as the Highlight Matches. We don't have streaming yet, but this is something I am going to look into for future rounds when things get competitive.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
General tournament rules:

. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Pairings:

PURPLEDOOSH vs LJDarkrai
Pohjis vs Level 56
Lord Outrage vs Serga

Highlight match:

Pohjis vs Level 56

Scheduling Rules:

USE VM WALLS! If you really don't want to schedule via a VM conversation, then post in this thread to let me know that you are in contact with your opponent some other way. If you use VM walls, you do not need to post in this thread to let me know. Unless you have clearly scheduled for a date shortly after the deadline (and cannot make a date before the deadline) you will be given an activity call instead of an extension. I'm not making the calls, so I can't promise what will or won't make you safe, but I know that activities which will up your chances are posting specific times on your opponent's wall, responding to their VMs promptly, and posting any IRC logs of you scheduling in this thread.

Deadline is Monday, March 21st at 11:59 EST. NO EXTENSIONS FOR THIS ROUND. AT ALL. (unless there are remarkable extenuating circumstances in which case I might grant a 1 day extension). I'm reaching a point where I might start negotiating with terrorists though.

Purpledoosh will save ubers from Sweeps tyranny of bad humor and subliminal salt. Go Purpledoosh.
Hi! I'd try to counterattack but I have absolutely no idea who you are. Asking around, no one else seems to know who you are either. I guess your irrelevancy paid off because I have no recourse as a result of your anonymity, so nice job and keep up the good work...doing whatever the hell your niche on this site is.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi! I'd try to counterattack but I have absolutely no idea who you are. Asking around, no one else seems to know who you are either. I guess your irrelevancy paid off because I have no recourse as a result of your anonymity, so nice job and keep up the good work...doing whatever the hell your niche on this site is.
Hello esteemed super moderator Sweep,

It seems like you are venting your own insecurities on me and I just want to let you know that I am here for you. I will be here for you when your Ubers community makes another thread about the toxicity of its environment. I will be here for you when you get called out by blajaran in an SPL thread for putting yourself below the level of common sense and shame. I will be here for you as well when you use big words such as "recourse" and "anonymity" which I don't blame you for looking up, it can be difficult at times to express yourself. I will be here for you when you value your SPL spot so highly that you stoop to using it as the crutch of an argument to put someone down and boost your superiority complex. I will be here for you when you sit there and pretend you actually asked around, and no Sweep asking around in the Ubers room will not foster you any results. That would be like asking an ant a question, silly Sweep. I will keep up the good work, of being here for you. While you still try to parade yourself as some sort of higher being beyond our comprehension, just know I will be here for you on equal footing because you and I know your niche on the site isn't relevant either :) .

Sweep, just know.

I will be here for you.

#PURPLEDOOSH2016

Hello esteemed super moderator Sweep,

It seems like you are venting your own insecurities on me and I just want to let you know that I am here for you. I will be here for you when your Ubers community makes another thread about the toxicity of its environment. I will be here for you when you get called out by blajaran in an SPL thread for putting yourself below the level of common sense and shame. I will be here for you as well when you use big words such as "recourse" and "anonymity" which I don't blame you for looking up, it can be difficult at times to express yourself. I will be here for you when you value your SPL spot so highly that you stoop to using it as the crutch of an argument to put someone down and boost your superiority complex. I will be here for you when you sit there and pretend you actually asked around, and no Sweep asking around in the Ubers room will not foster you any results. That would be like asking an ant a question, silly Sweep. I will keep up the good work, of being here for you. While you still try to parade yourself as some sort of higher being beyond our comprehension, just know I will be here for you on equal footing because you and I know your niche on the site isn't relevant either :) .

Sweep, just know.

I will be here for you.

#PURPLEDOOSH2016
1. Why did you devote an entire paragraph in response to that...and come to think of it, that was an awfully quick response: do you have any sort of life at all besides staring at the OU viability ranking thread 24-7?

2. LOL @ recourse and anonymity being words anyone above the age of 13 would look up. Am I arguing with a middle schooler?

3. I asked in 4 different groups, no one has any idea who you are.

Walls of texts are fun, but I genuinely enjoy playing Pokemon at the highest level. Have a mediocre life. Also the "this will be my only reply to you" card isn't very effective when the reply is a wall of text.

Note: any further posts regarding this will be deleted bc this is remarkably off-topic

Lost in 3 games, at least i could focus everyone's attention on my team and not on the salt lmao.

I'm happy I played well, we both were unlucky at some point, but I had fun, which is what matters after all.
Shoutout Pohjis for G2 team, I'd have liked to win with it but that ESpeed roll fucked me up.

And a big shoutout again to Pohjis for making me promise I would bring that meme squad I brought G3. Someone once said "bring a mon below C rank to beat trout", so I thought bringing 4 unranked mons would be a good idea.

That was a good round, when I wrote "in" I thought I would get eliminated round 2 lol.

Last, think about Tangela, ekiller check, groundceus check, no-fire move pdon check, can take a hit from banded ho-oh, can take a hit from ray, has regenerator,
#TangelaBestMon2k16

I got destroyed in two games against my opponent Level 56. Without the iron head flinch in game one it would have been nice to see if I got the 50% roll with sleep talk because I was max special attack with modest nature Xerneas. In game two he outplayed me completely and showed the whole ubers community that he is the number one threat in this seasonal. I could have played much better and make more aggressive plays but all credits to Level 56, he played really well and I wish you the best of luck in rest of the seasonal.

I am of course disappointed at myself for losing. I wasn't able to follow Lord Outrage's and Hack's amazing loser's bracket runs but from circumstances I had before this seasonal (military service, depression etc.) I can say that I am more or less happy with my run. Thank you to everyone who supported me during my difficult times and this seasonal, I wasn't once again (against Hack in Fall seasonal I lost too) good enough to give the biggest surprise of the seasonal but I hope to be back one day even stronger and better.

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-347295564
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-347304690

e. May the best player win this seasonal, good luck to the remaining six competitors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)