Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
I was browsing past pages of this thread and this post may be of interest to you.

I'm just checking whether a team is in progress around Lunala, Ho-oh and an Arceus form like in my most recent comment on this thread. Just I have another request but do not want to post if effort is already being put into an idea >.> Thank you.
yes we are currently working on the team for you, feel free to request again we can delegate another builder to that build.

yes we are currently working on the team for you, feel free to request again we can delegate another builder to that build.
Thank you; that is kind. After looking thought some of the past completed teams and seeing some similarities to what I'm looking for I'm going to try those out first and attempt myself. My hope is to end up having a better understanding of teambuilding.
Thought I'll likely be posting here soon I think >.>

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Hi,

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Grass Knot
- Tail Glow

This is totally serious, not meme. I would like something based on Xur one of my favorites. The style or strategy doesn't matter if I leave it free.
I'm really sorry for the delay in this, I know I promised to deliver this team to you a while ago but I forgot about it until recently. If you're still interested, here's the team (description can be found in the paste):

:smeargle::tapu-lele::xurkitree::groudon-primal::yveltal::arceus-ghost:

(Small note about the moveset choice for Smeargle: we're using Glare over Nuzzle for a better Arceus-Ground matchup. Taunt is the best overall choice in the fourth slot, but you can opt for Magic Coat/Rapid Spin instead to deal with opposing HO leads such as Deoxys-S better. Rapid Spin has the benefit of breaking sashes, while Magic Coat can bounce back status/Taunt and gives you an opportunity to set up webs while they are forced out.)

Sure thing, build something good around Band Ho-Oh and Band Yveltal.
https://pokepast.es/7db60752ed05ec29
I grant you thee, that which thyself has pained and sweated over.
:ho-oh::yveltal::arceus-water::xerneas::groudon-primal::zygarde-complete:
So I really don't think double band is a good core, but I think I managed to put together something that I think is pretty good
So the first thing I did was add a defogger, as with a breaking core that's both super weak to rocks you need a reliable defogger. I chose arc-water for this roll, as it also provides a check to kyogre and marsh, and can also check zygarde. So now looking at the team, a notable weakness would be some sd don variants, so I added in zygarde to help check that, with glare helping out our breaking core as well, zygarde also helps with ho-oh, as ho-oh is a huge threat to this kind of team. Next we need a solid check to things like ultra, yveltal, and a way of killing marsh. I chose scarf Xerneas, as Ho-Oh and Yveltal greatly compliment xerneas, as they can pressure it's checks. Cleric Support is also always good for pdon, waterceus, and zygarde. For the final slot, I put in don, as a way to combat ogre, geo-xern, and be our rocker.
I hope you enjoy the team!

:sm/Xerneas:
Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Moonblast

Z-GeoXern looks like a pretty cool mon to me and in general has fallen off the map in favor of Scarf and reg Geomancy. Any playstyle works, but preferably something more balance oriented (as I think HO wouldn’t really want it).
Z Xerneas

:Greninja::Xerneas::Gengar-Mega::Zygarde-Complete::Arceus::Groudon-Primal:

https://pokepast.es/d8a248f66ebb3184

In this build, we are relying on toxic spikes to wear down the opposing pokemon, and to provide a fast setter of both toxic spikes and spikes, we decided to use greninja. Taunt is crucial on hazard stackers, so that they are not defog fodders, and the last move we chose shadow sneak to provide some priority to leads like deo. but it can be interchanged with something else if your choosing. To pair with the toxic spikes core, we decided on Gengar-Mega, as gar can benefit from the toxics to hex, subsitute, and also get rid of any key threats with destiny bond. Our rocker here is groudon, and groudon can also dragon tail threats that try to setup in front of it, or dragon tail repeatedly to stack up toxics. It also serves as a secondary xern check with blades. Our breakers of this team are: Xerneas, which becomes a threat after toxic spikes and spikes rack up damage during rest turns, Zygarde which can substitute and also benefit from toxic turns, and dragon dance to sweep, and finally ekiller, which is a great final cleaner once toxic spikes have done their duty, and can also serve as a way to revenge xern. Hope you enjoy the team!
Credit-Dovah, bigtalk

Last edited:
Yes, thank you :}. I started to try re-building from there, but any more help is most welcome.
:Lunala: :ho-oh: :sableye-mega: :groudon-primal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :arceus-ground: https://pokepast.es/cda4c25a44925347 Sorry for the wait, but here’s the team. The main challenge for this req was figuring out how to balance hooh and nalas massive stealth rock weaknesses while still having a way to deal with faster threats. What we eventually settled on was using sableye-m and trick room dusk mane. Sableyes magic bounce, typing and access to foul play lets it fit in well here as it can act as a check ultra and ekiller while alleviating the teams hazard weakness. However, using it as the teams ultra check meant that it would take slot of the teams speed control (usually a choice scarf user) which leaves it overall very slow. In order to combat this we went with trick room dusk mane, which can combat the teams lack of speed control by giving u turns where slower mons go first. Rounding out the team we have Arceus ground and groudon, two mons able to run more offensive sets (these being the two main wincons) thanks to the presence of defensive lunala, taking away sole owness checking groudon from groundceus and checking kyogre from groudon. As a side note, usually groundceus plus hooh teams tend to be quite weak to kyogre but having defensive lunala as a secondary check is what allows the core to work here. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the team and that this explanation helped you understand what goes into building a bit better.
Credit-Lazy_Bread27

Heyy can you build around double screens light clay keys
Two variants of this team for you
https://pokepast.es/943b6a8de2d0fad2
:klefki::deoxys-speed::xerneas::salamence::arceus::groudon-primal:
For this type of hyper offensive build, hazards are a mandatory component of the team, as you need to set hazards to get wear on your opps mons to the point where all your attacks can ohko the others. For this hazard core, we are pairing klefki with deoxys speed. Deoxys speed is arguably the most reliable hazard stacker in ubers, so this will ensure that hazards can go up. Klefki is there to provide screens for your breakers. This allows them to take hits way better, and let you get away with things you couldn't usually get away with. We run dual status on klefki as well, to make sure that we slow things down or put things on a timer that can otherwise threaten our breakers. For the breakers of our team, we went for 4 prominent mons that can benefit the most from screens and hazards. Arceus provides a great priority user that can blow through teams with support. Xerneas behind screens can tank hits from dusk with screens, and can also check yveltal. Salamence behind screens is great as it takes hits from support arc's ice beams, and can get away with dancing twice to ensure a clean sweep. And finally, groudon provides a great final offensive breaker that can threaten things behind screens, as of it's natural bulk.
-Credit Rasengan
https://pokepast.es/1d79665690b50db9
:klefki::mewtwo-mega-y::arceus-ground::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal:
*Uses a BO/offense structure because keys is outclassed as a screener on hyper offense builds by mewtwo and koko
*Keys has a couple uses including setting up sweeps with twave/spikes/screens but also allows you to comeback from a bad position by setting up a single screen in order to beat something which otherwise sweeps
*SD RP don synergizes with screens to get both setups and is primary way to get rid of xern once keys cripples it. uses a spread to be able to set up effectively with webs as theres no defog here
*Rocks ultra fits as a rocker because we're using setup don and does a good job at applying pressure *Groundceus is chosen to check primal groudon and provide another setup wincon
*Metro yveltal trades with everything under screens and abuses everything keys does while taunting defog and other status, and provides a priority safety net
*MMY abuses screens with cm and acts as speed control, using taunt in the last slot to mess with defog and fatter matchups(edited)
techs: fire blast over taunt on mmy, defog klefki over spikes, replacing sucker for another tech move on yveltal, atk on yveltal to aid in revenging things
Credit-Dovah

:Lunala: :ho-oh: :sableye-mega: :groudon-primal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :arceus-ground: https://pokepast.es/cda4c25a44925347 Sorry for the wait, but here’s the team. The main challenge for this req was figuring out how to balance hooh and nalas massive stealth rock weaknesses while still having a way to deal with faster threats. What we eventually settled on was using sableye-m and trick room dusk mane. Sableyes magic bounce, typing and access to foul play lets it fit in well here as it can act as a check ultra and ekiller while alleviating the teams hazard weakness. However, using it as the teams ultra check meant that it would take slot of the teams speed control (usually a choice scarf user) which leaves it overall very slow. In order to combat this we went with trick room dusk mane, which can combat the teams lack of speed control by giving u turns where slower mons go first. Rounding out the team we have Arceus ground and groudon, two mons able to run more offensive sets (these being the two main wincons) thanks to the presence of defensive lunala, taking away sole owness checking groudon from groundceus and checking kyogre from groudon. As a side note, usually groundceus plus hooh teams tend to be quite weak to kyogre but having defensive lunala as a secondary check is what allows the core to work here. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the team and that this explanation helped you understand what goes into building a bit better.
Credit-Lazy_Bread27
Thanks so much for both the team and the explanation.

Can I get a hyper offense team with mega lucario
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I'd like to try an HO with Stealth Rock and Spikes stacking built around this core.
Zygarde-C @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Outrage
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
I'm cool with changes, so do what you'd like to do.
Here's your team: :scolipede::yveltal::zygarde-complete::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal:
Enjoy!
This is a hyper offensive team built around the offensive core of Dragon Dance Zygarde + Necrozma-DM. Scolipede is the lead and sets entry hazards to help its teammates pick up more KOs; Zygarde and Yveltal in particular love Toxic Spikes support, as it allows them to break through support Arceus formes much more easily. Necrozma-DM is a nice offensive partner for these two, since it covers their weaknesses and takes advantage of Fairy-types that can be difficult for them to break through. Arceus provides useful priority against opposing offense teams, helping to pick off threats like Rayquaza that may try setting up on Scolipede. Recover gives it added longevity and lets it set up on threats like Arceus-Ground that annoy the rest of the team. Finally, Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock and provides a Primal Kyogre check.

Since this is a hyper offensive team, various team members have ways of pressuring the opposing team from using Defog. Yveltal can use Taunt to prevent Defog and status moves (although you need to predict and use Taunt against faster mons like Choice Scarf Yveltal and fast support Arceus as they switch in) and has a good matchup against Defoggers like Giratina. Zygarde can put a major dent in Pokemon like support Arceus, Giratina, and Mega Salamence with Z-Outrage, which will usually switch into Zygarde thinking they are free to Defog on it since it can't KO them with Thousand Arrows. Primal Groudon has Dragon Tail to annoy these Pokemon as well as they attempt to switch in on it, as well as Rock Tomb to pressure Ho-Oh, which would otherwise Defog freely on it and be pretty annoying for the team in general.
Credit to Goat Heart ♥

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's your team: :scolipede::yveltal::zygarde-complete::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal:
Enjoy!
This is a hyper offensive team built around the offensive core of Dragon Dance Zygarde + Necrozma-DM. Scolipede is the lead and sets entry hazards to help its teammates pick up more KOs; Zygarde and Yveltal in particular love Toxic Spikes support, as it allows them to break through support Arceus formes much more easily. Necrozma-DM is a nice offensive partner for these two, since it covers their weaknesses and takes advantage of Fairy-types that can be difficult for them to break through. Arceus provides useful priority against opposing offense teams, helping to pick off threats like Rayquaza that may try setting up on Scolipede. Recover gives it added longevity and lets it set up on threats like Arceus-Ground that annoy the rest of the team. Finally, Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock and provides a Primal Kyogre check.

Since this is a hyper offensive team, various team members have ways of pressuring the opposing team from using Defog. Yveltal can use Taunt to prevent Defog and status moves (although you need to predict and use Taunt against faster mons like Choice Scarf Yveltal and fast support Arceus as they switch in) and has a good matchup against Defoggers like Giratina. Zygarde can put a major dent in Pokemon like support Arceus, Giratina, and Mega Salamence with Z-Outrage, which will usually switch into Zygarde thinking they are free to Defog on it since it can't KO them with Thousand Arrows. Primal Groudon has Dragon Tail to annoy these Pokemon as well as they attempt to switch in on it, as well as Rock Tomb to pressure Ho-Oh, which would otherwise Defog freely on it and be pretty annoying for the team in general.
Credit to Goat Heart ♥
I know the team wasn't for me, but I'm always interested on DD Zygarde with Tspikes teams (and I actually was using the Greninja team recently too, I liked it a lot), so I would like to ask: what is Zygarde's spread for? More specifically, the HP EVs (I thought 12 was for that spread with Defense EVs, but it probably is just so you don't have to run 30 IVs) and the Jolly nature

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I know the team wasn't for me, but I'm always interested on DD Zygarde with Tspikes teams (and I actually was using the Greninja team recently too, I liked it a lot), so I would like to ask: what is Zygarde's spread for? More specifically, the HP EVs (I thought 12 was for that spread with Defense EVs, but it probably is just so you don't have to run 30 IVs) and the Jolly nature
12 HP EVs make it divisble by 4 so you can activate power construct after 2 subs. As for the speed, Goat probably wanted it to outspeed base 90s.

May I please get suggested Offensive teammates for these 3 bulky sets? (Arceus-Dark, Xerneas, & Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) :

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I'd like to prioritize the keeping of the Arceus-Dark set as a potential win-con, even though it might seem non-traditional.
I'm going for a Bulky Offense approach.
I definitely want an efficient stall-breaker/MixedBreaker to go along with this.
Lastly, I'd love if the team would have a good matchup against this opposing team below, since I had a really hard time against it with a previous build.
Thanks so much for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

Opposing team to have good matchup with:
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Defog

EVs: 144 HP / 196 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

May I please get suggested Offensive teammates for these 3 bulky sets? (Arceus-Dark, Xerneas, & Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) :

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I'd like to prioritize the keeping of the Arceus-Dark set as a potential win-con, even though it might seem non-traditional.
I'm going for a Bulky Offense approach.
I definitely want an efficient stall-breaker/MixedBreaker to go along with this.
Lastly, I'd love if the team would have a good matchup against this opposing team below, since I had a really hard time against it with a previous build.
Thanks so much for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

Opposing team to have good matchup with:
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Defog

EVs: 144 HP / 196 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
As said in the OP we're restricting cores to 2 mons as with 3 mons it's difficult to find good teammates without changing things on the request. We can try to build this team for you but you'd have to cut out a mon from the request. Looking at the team, xern is the weakest link, so would you be opposed to us building for you around only Arc-Dark and wp dusk? And also, it's very unlikely we are going to keep the Arc-Dark set, iron defense is not viable on arceus dark, refresh is almost mandatory on CM darkceus, we can tell you more about that once we finish the request, is that fine with you?

As said in the OP we're restricting cores to 2 mons as with 3 mons it's difficult to find good teammates without changing things on the request. We can try to build this team for you but you'd have to cut out a mon from the request. Looking at the team, xern is the weakest link, so would you be opposed to us building for you around only Arc-Dark and wp dusk? And also, it's very unlikely we are going to keep the Arc-Dark set, iron defense is not viable on arceus dark, refresh is almost mandatory on CM darkceus, we can tell you more about that once we finish the request, is that fine with you?
Thanks for the relatively quick reply.

Sure, I'll try to be flexible and go for CM-Refresh Arc-Dark + WP mane, to be built around

I'm curious if you're planning for CM-Refresh to be the main stall answer?
I only ask cuz I'd think most good stall builders would be prepped for most CM-Refresh Arceus Formes, especially one that Giratina and Lugia is 'weak' to.
(also I'm not usually a fan of playing the long game against stall, e.g. playing mindgames around PP usage like Judgment-Dark vs Pressure Phazers. It's not a total no though, if that's the strategy you're suggesting)

I'd like to repeat the request too, that the Opposing team I have posted above is taken into account in this build.

Thanks so much again

Last edited:
Thanks for the relatively quick reply.

Sure, I'll try to be flexible and go for CM-Refresh Arc-Dark + WP mane, to be built around

I'm curious if you're planning for CM-Refresh to be the main stall answer?
I only ask cuz I'd think most good stall builders would be prepped for most CM-Refresh Arceus Formes, especially one that Giratina and Lugia is 'weak' to.
(also I'm not usually a fan of playing the long game against stall, e.g. playing mindgames around PP usage like Judgment-Dark vs Pressure Phazers. It's not a total no though, if that's the strategy you're suggesting)

I'd like to repeat the request too, that the Opposing team I have posted above is taken into account in this build.

Thanks so much again
We'll account for stall while building the team, and make sure to factor in the opposing team.

Requesting a heat team around Timid Specs Yveltal and Four Attacks MGar.
Hi Symphonic Sorcerer

I'm not one of the main people to manage this thread or anything, just an everyday user. (I don't think I'd be able to commit the time consistently anyways)

Anyways here's my attempt at fulfilling your request, just because I felt like doing it:

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Ho-Oh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Defog

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 212 SpA / 144 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

It may not be as 'heat' as you were thinking, but it's an offense team that's built to cover a wide variety of opposing offense.
I chose every move & set somewhat carefully to my ability.

For instance, SD Primal Groudon is to help against CM Primal Kyogre sets with other moves to handle regular checks not named Ho-Oh (which toxic on Arceus-Ground can help with)
Another example is Arceus-Ground's presence to help against Double Dance Primal Groudon, as well as other physical attackers, while providing defog for Ho-Oh.

You can find all of these sets on their respective Smogon pages, with explanations for each move choice.

But feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them if I can.
And I'm not a super great builder so there may be some big flaws that I'm overlooking.

Have fun with it

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team with defensive xerneas and any zygarde set
Here's your team, enjoy: :xerneas::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ho-oh::groudon-primal::arceus-dark:
Your request was a bit tricky to build around, since defensive Xerneas isn't really seen on most teams. However, I did happen to have a team built around Z-Geomancy Xerneas lying around that was very close to what you wanted. So I repurposed it a bit (and also stole some changes from a very similar AG team); here's the result.

Xerneas' role on the team is to provide cleric support and revenge kill Dragon-types like Zygarde-C, Mega Salamence, and Rayquaza. Mega Gengar improves the matchup against fatter teams by being able to trap Pokemon like Necrozma-DM and Ultra Necrozma that take advantage of Xerneas. Zygarde-C provides an essential check to Fire-types such as Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh for these two, and in general has great synergy with Mega Gengar since it can bait in Fairy-types and use Glare to boost its Hex. Ho-Oh was chosen next as a check to Arceus-Ground, which can greatly annoy Mega Gengar + Zygarde-C teams, as well a further means of taking advantage of passive Steel-types like Magearna that Xerneas tends to bait in. Roar Primal Groudon provides a Geomancy Xerneas check, Primal Kyogre switch-in, and Stealth Rock setter all in one slot. Finally, Arceus-Dark provides Defog support for Ho-Oh, and an essential check to Lunala and Psychic-types such as Ultra Necrozma and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Threatlist:
:kyogre-primal: The team doesn't have a Water resist outside of Primal Groudon, which lacks Speed investment, so try to avoid situations where it is in against Groudon. Mega Gengar is running Thunder so that it can kill with some prior chip, and Ho-Oh is running max Speed in order to hit it first with Brave Bird.

:ho-oh: Although Zygarde can wall it it's very difficult to actually kill, which is another reason we're running Thunder on Mega Gengar.

:magearna::chansey::arceus: The team pretty much lacks a wincon and relies on status spam to wear down the opponent, so clerics that can't be trapped by Mega Gengar and CM + Refresh Arceus are problematic. Chansey alone walls 5/6 of the team members.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
So I'm back with another idea.

A mon I've been seeing of a lot of recently is Kyurem-W and I think its very interesting and could have a cool niche. Another set I saw while playing AG I think would be rather effective in Ubers is stored power DM. I'd like to form a team with both of them as the centerpieces. The sets I have in mind are as follows:

EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Stored Power

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare
- Earth Power

I understand these are two very niche sets so if only one is workable that's perfectly okay too! Thank you for your time
Sorry for the wait, I've taken this over from dovah. Most of the other builders thought this set was unworkable, but I thought it might have some potential with screens support. I also happened to find a really nice-looking AG screens team in someone else's builder (original version for reference), so I tweaked it a bit for Ubers and here you go:

:deoxys-speed::tapu-koko::xerneas::salamence-mega::naganadel::necrozma-dusk-mane:

This is a hyper offensive team with two leads, Deoxys-S and Tapu Koko. Deoxys-S provides entry hazard support with Stealth Rock and Spikes, while Tapu Koko provides screens support letting our sweepers set up more easily. As a bonus, Electric Terrain also allows Xerneas to break past Dusk Mane / Ho-Oh and do a ton of damage to Magearna with Thunder.

Xerneas + Naganadel + Mega Salamence have good offensive synergy, as they're all weak to Steel-types so they can break down shared checks like Dusk Mane and Magearna. Mega Salamence is important for its ability to set up on Fire-types like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh. With Substitute, it can avoid status moves like Toxic from Primal Groudon, and its Substitute is also incredibly difficult to break under screens, not being broken by ie. Rock Tomb from Primal Groudon. Other things: it's able to eat an Ice Beam from support Arceus quite easily and get to +2 on them, and it also helps as an anti-lead for Excadrill, since -1 Rock Tomb won't break its Substitute. Finally, Dusk Mane really benefits from the screens support, as you can eat things like Precipice Blades quite handily and trigger Weakness Policy with a comfortable amount of health left.

Other people looking to use this team should consider replacing Dusk Mane with the standard dual dance Weakness Policy set, as it's just a lot better at breaking and taking advantage of Fairy-types. This would also let you run Excadrill in place of Deoxys-S without potentially getting 6-0d by lead GeoXern.

Last edited:

Symphonic Sorcerer

Banned deucer.
Hi Symphonic Sorcerer

I'm not one of the main people to manage this thread or anything, just an everyday user. (I don't think I'd be able to commit the time consistently anyways)

Anyways here's my attempt at fulfilling your request, just because I felt like doing it:

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Ho-Oh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Defog

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 212 SpA / 144 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

It may not be as 'heat' as you were thinking, but it's an offense team that's built to cover a wide variety of opposing offense.
I chose every move & set somewhat carefully to my ability.

For instance, SD Primal Groudon is to help against CM Primal Kyogre sets with other moves to handle regular checks not named Ho-Oh (which toxic on Arceus-Ground can help with)
Another example is Arceus-Ground's presence to help against Double Dance Primal Groudon, as well as other physical attackers, while providing defog for Ho-Oh.

You can find all of these sets on their respective Smogon pages, with explanations for each move choice.

But feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them if I can.
And I'm not a super great builder so there may be some big flaws that I'm overlooking.

Have fun with it
Ye I'm really not a huge fan of this build. Can I get a designated teambuilder on this thread to build me some heat around Timid Specs Yveltal and Four Attacks MGar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)