Project Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd like a hyper offense yet balanceable team that can counter most threats (Magearna, Yveltal, Xerneas, Scarf Kyogre, SD ES Normal Arceus).

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
- U-turn

I would like to request a gengar balance or semi stall team i see we got a bulky attack team as a sample but i looking for a much more defenceive take. It is a S rank mon and yet i see so few teams with it compared to the other S rank mon necrozma duskmane/ultra necrozma. I have heard people say stall gengar is apparently good so i was wondering about that or just a bulky balance. Also really fun teams you guys have made already i have a lot of confidence with the help on this.
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond/substitute

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Oh yeah, and would like a team around Kyurem-W only, but replying to me and HellsRuin would be okay. This is my set if you aren’t replying to him.

Kyurem-White @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare
- Roost

Edit: Since HellsRuin has the Kyurem-W off, any replies would be with this set. Would appreciate replies!!!
Hope you don’t mind me bumping this! I haven’t had any replies and this post is nearly a month old. You note that this is Life Orb, unlike HellsRuin’s Choice Scarf Kyu-W

Hi, I'd like a hyper offense yet balanceable team that can counter most threats (Magearna, Yveltal, Xerneas, Scarf Kyogre, SD ES Normal Arceus).

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
- U-turn
https://pokepast.es/2900e13ad00d8ef2
Here's the team. The team aims to trap support arcs with gothitelle, which opens up the door for salamence. Victini can pressure mons that gothitelle can't, such as kyogre, dusk mane, magearna etc. Don is our rocker, and can also serve as a check for kyogre. Magearna is our standard yveltal/xerneas combo check. Ditto is an interesting pick, but is neccesary as a last mon, so as to discourage setup. Defog can be run over earthquake on salamence if it becomes an issue.

Hope you don’t mind me bumping this! I haven’t had any replies and this post is nearly a month old. You note that this is Life Orb, unlike HellsRuin’s Choice Scarf Kyu-W
Hello, as we've said before, Kyurem-White is a very tricky mon to work with, I'll give it one last try for you however.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Hello, as we've said before, Kyurem-White is a very tricky mon to work with, I'll give it one last try for you however.
Gee thanks a lot! I wanted to use it as I heard it has a huge potential, but needed a lot of team support to unlock its maximum potential, and I was rather intimidated by that.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Gee thanks a lot! I wanted to use it as I heard it has a huge potential, but needed a lot of team support to unlock its maximum potential, and I was rather intimidated by that.
I have been working on your team since last week actually (I'm a fan of Kyurem) but just hadn't gotten a chance to do a writeup. Here it is: https://pokepast.es/643c0782be037f0f
I chose to build around Sticky Webs, as webs patches up Kyurem's poor Speed letting it outspeed a lot of would-be revenge killers like Marshadow, Mega Gengar, and support Arceus formes. Additionally, Kyurem puts a lot of pressure on Pokemon like Arceus-Ground, Giratina-O/Mega Salamence and (with Stone Edge) Ho-Oh so they can't Defog webs for free. Smeargle is our webs setter that also provides Rapid Spin support to keep rocks off for Kyurem, and Eruption Groudon/offensive Yveltal are staples on Sticky Web teams. Mega Gengar provides spinblocking utility (if you don't need Mega Gengar, you can sack it after breaking Excadrill's sash with Rapid Spin to ensure that webs stay up on the opponent's side), traps Fairy-types that annoy Kyurem/Yveltal, and can use Destiny Bond to remove a problematic foe. Extreme Killer Arceus gives us some extra insurance against Geomancy Xerneas (so it can't setup on Yveltal/Kyurem after it uses Draco and easily sweep once Groudon is weakened) and puts a lot of pressure on foes with its Z-move.

Set options: Both Glare and Nuzzle are fine on Smeargle, Glare is preferred for Arceus-Ground and Excadrill, but Nuzzle is better against Taunt leads like Deoxys-S and Yveltal. Rapid Spin is preferred to remove rocks for Kyurem and break Excadrill's sash, but Whirlwind is also OK so Pokemon like Ekiller/Zygarde don't get a free sub in front of Smeargle. Modest is preferred on Kyurem for the extra power, but Timid is also viable to outspeed Choice Scarf Xerneas to prevent it from Defogging/using Moonblast and base 90s if the opponent manages to Defog webs.
s/o to Goat Heart ♥ , Lazy_bread27, and Paradise Seeker for helping me out with this build (also it was The Dovahneer's idea to use webs)

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/2900e13ad00d8ef2
Here's the team. The team aims to trap support arcs with gothitelle, which opens up the door for salamence. Victini can pressure mons that gothitelle can't, such as kyogre, dusk mane, magearna etc. Don is our rocker, and can also serve as a check for kyogre. Magearna is our standard yveltal/xerneas combo check. Ditto is an interesting pick, but is neccesary as a last mon, so as to discourage setup. Defog can be run over earthquake on salamence if it becomes an issue.
Because of how frequent PDon is in Ubers, I'm gonna switch EQ to defog. Any ways I can counter PDon with this team?

Because of how frequent PDon is in Ubers, I'm gonna switch EQ to defog. Any ways I can counter PDon with this team?
Ditto. However, this team is not ideal keep in mind, as Victini is not in any way viable in this tier. This team was just made as I saw a little chance of it working.

I'd like to try an HO with Stealth Rock and Spikes stacking built around this core.
Zygarde-C @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Outrage
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
I'm cool with changes, so do what you'd like to do.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Chickenboy2004 RahelGamer09 Hey guys, here is your team (made with the help of Lazy_bread27): https://pokepast.es/dde9d5f2c2e90617 The person who requested Trick Room can change the Dusk set to be that instead.
We decided to fit Dusk Mane on a hyper offense team, with lead Deoxys-S to lay hazards and screens support from Tapu Koko to ease set up. Primal Groudon + Xerneas is a really strong offesnive core that pressures a lot of each others' checks, and Primal Groudon is able to weaken a lot of stuff that would check Dusk Mane such as support Arceus and defensive Zygarde/Yveltal. Xerneas covers Dusk Mane's weaknesses to Marshadow and Dark-types; it takes advantage of Electric Terrain, which powers up its Thunder and gives it an easier time breaking through Dusk Mane and Ho-Oh. Mega Salamence was originally chosen as the last partner for its ability to deal with Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon for Dusk Mane; after some testing, though, we decided to change it to Mega Gyarados since it's better at dealing with Ultra Necrozma (while still being able to set up on Primal Groudon) and can use Taunt to shut down walls like Skarmory, Celesteela, and Arceus-Water that annoy the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Just checking in seeing new teams is cool I just curious if any word upon the semi stall/bulky balance gengar team i requested as well as curious if you could use something such as this for a semi stall as it might be more useful in certain situations or even some kind of psong set you guys can help come up with would be interesting,
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
However this OR the ORIGINAL set I posted I am completely and utterly fine with as long as its semi stall/bulky balance and I did post the team a bit back so either set is fine. Just was a bit curious in other techs like song and disable however if its easier to just use the original set of ball wave taunt sub/bond I am completely fine. Just checking in and was proposing a different gar set as options for building and I would like to try and be somewhat flexible with what you give me. And wanted to just have a minor update on it. Thanks for all these teams and you guys are doing great.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Just checking in seeing new teams is cool I just curious if any word upon the semi stall/bulky balance gengar team i requested as well as curious if you could use something such as this for a semi stall as it might be more useful in certain situations or even some kind of psong set you guys can help come up with would be interesting,
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
However this OR the ORIGINAL set I posted I am completely and utterly fine with as long as its semi stall/bulky balance and I did post the team a bit back so either set is fine. Just was a bit curious in other techs like song and disable however if its easier to just use the original set of ball wave taunt sub/bond I am completely fine. Just checking in and was proposing a different gar set as options for building and I would like to try and be somewhat flexible with what you give me. And wanted to just have a minor update on it. Thanks for all these teams and you guys are doing great.
We haven't had time to get to a lot of requests, including yours unfortunately. However, there is a team you may be interested in: https://pokepast.es/6922bdfe27b0bd24 This was a former sample team that was originally posted since it had success on ladder/tours. It was removed because a decision was made not to include any stall teams in samples, but it's still viable and not necessarily outdated or anything, so you can give that a shot and see how you like it.

Chickenboy2004 RahelGamer09 Hey guys, here is your team (made with the help of Lazy_bread27): https://pokepast.es/dde9d5f2c2e90617 The person who requested Trick Room can change the Dusk set to be that instead.
We decided to fit Dusk Mane on a hyper offense team, with lead Deoxys-S to lay hazards and screens support from Tapu Koko to ease set up. Primal Groudon + Xerneas is a really strong offesnive core that pressures a lot of each others' checks, and Primal Groudon is able to weaken a lot of stuff that would check Dusk Mane such as support Arceus and defensive Zygarde/Yveltal. Xerneas covers Dusk Mane's weaknesses to Marshadow and Dark-types; it takes advantage of Electric Terrain, which powers up its Thunder and gives it an easier time breaking through Dusk Mane and Ho-Oh. Mega Salamence was originally chosen as the last partner for its ability to deal with Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon for Dusk Mane; after some testing, though, we decided to change it to Mega Gyarados since it's better at dealing with Ultra Necrozma (while still being able to set up on Primal Groudon) and can use Taunt to shut down walls like Skarmory, Celesteela, and Arceus-Water that annoy the rest of the team.
Awesome! I'll try it out. Thanks a lot.

Been using that dual trap team and yea I love it. And even more so realizing how good of a mu it has vs goth. I like the utility it has. To bad our samples at the current moment are all offence I feel even just 1 good stall team like the dual trap would be awesome in samples. Just loving the team and I know you guys end up being busy. So I just wanted to say thanks.

Mewtwo @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers.
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Psystrike
- Recover

I just see this and I think it's great to help people especially if they start to start in ubers. Good topic.

Well, in short. For my part, I would like a team based on that Mewtwo set, no matter if it's a stall or balanced, but with one of those styles it's fine. It is a mon that I have not used much and I find it interesting to use it that way.

You can take it whenever you want there is no hurry and thanks.

Mewtwo @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers.
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Psystrike
- Recover

I just see this and I think it's great to help people especially if they start to start in ubers. Good topic.

Well, in short. For my part, I would like a team based on that Mewtwo set, no matter if it's a stall or balanced, but with one of those styles it's fine. It is a mon that I have not used much and I find it interesting to use it that way.

You can take it whenever you want there is no hurry and thanks.
So this is a Stalltwo set, mind if we put taunt over foul play? Taunt is really pretty mandatory to make Stalltwo work.

So this is a Stalltwo set, mind if we put taunt over foul play? Taunt is really pretty mandatory to make Stalltwo work.
Well, my intention with my order was to innovate a bit and not always look for the same. Taunt is a good option too because it is always useful. But I think that Foul Play goes well against Ultra Necro which is a threat against any style like stall for example. It is true that I have WoW but with that surprise factor you can eliminate it easier.

That is all I think there is no problem with preferring it that way and whoever takes it for sure will do a good job.

Would love to see a team with Amoongus being on here. Generaly think it's a cool mon which can be niche to use in Ubers. Definetly not amazing but if anyone could make a solid team with it that'd be amazing.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Would love to see a team with Amoongus being on here. Generaly think it's a cool mon which can be niche to use in Ubers. Definetly not amazing but if anyone could make a solid team with it that'd be amazing.
Sorry, this mon does not really have a niche in Ubers, so we can't accept this request. Mega Venusaur is a similar Pokemon that is ranked on the VR, would you like a team around that instead?

Sorry, this mon does not really have a niche in Ubers, so we can't accept this request. Mega Venusaur is a similar Pokemon that is ranked on the VR, would you like a team around that instead?
Supposedly cool as well, Would love to see a team around it if that is possible. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)