SS Ubers Ubers RMT / Help and Advice

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Mainly Ditto is here to check Caly-S (unless running Scarf itself but this seems rare) rather than running my own. Late game I can let opposition Caly clear up one or two mons and then on switch in it can pretty much sweep anything even Yveltal will be dealt solid damage. However this also works nicely for Zacian with the extra attack boost on switch in, Zygarde/NDM's Dragon Dance set, Zekrom and any other common setup sets. Occasionally I use it to scout the opposing omnipresent Yveltal set but always have to be careful with Knock off as otherwise ditto is pretty useless. Substitute causes a problem but Yveltal can handle Caly, NDM and Zygarde with foul play/sucker punch. Trick Room teams, specifically ones centred around Calyrex-Ice causes Ditto an issue if TR is still in play when he switches in as he is designed to outspeed most opponents.

Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Main Kyogre check, still takes solid damage from a full powered Water Spout + Specs but can hit back with full accuracy Thunder either at Kyogre or whoever switches in. I try to use moves twice to suspect Choice (hence nature and EV spread) and then I can hit the switch in with a super effective as Palk has good variation. Zygarde gets hit with either Hydro or Spacial if they try to switch in on Thunder and Fire Blast for the common switch in of NDM. Zacian can be hit for solid damage on switch in before Palk bails. Thunder is useful if gets lucky with a paralyze, previously ran Thunder Wave but needed the extra support from Assault Vest. SpD Ho-Oh doesn't like either Hydro or Thunder although Blissey can pretty much wall anything Palk has to offer so have to be careful not to get trapped as she can easily status another mon.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Roost

Pretty much a mandatory addition to any team, thanks to Caly-S and mine is no different. I used to run Knock off instead of FP but wasn't dealing out enough damage plus NDM fills this role. FP is key for Zygarde who otherwise gives this team problems. Currently considering U-turn instead of defog as most opponents who run hazards defog as soon as I lay SR. This would help with momentum if they switch an opposing Yveltal as it won't KO either SpA or Att variants. Roost gives solid recovery and HDB allows easy access around SR. Sucker punch clears up weaker mons and Caly who otherwise would outspeed the FP. Due to the Dark type only attacks, SpA Yveltal can give me problems as Oblivion wing hits hard as well as offers recovery.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

Most common lead but occasionally use Yveltal or Palkia if I think they have a Kyogre-led team. SR draws in the defogger, usually Yveltal or Ho Oh, which allows me a free knock off to take away the boots. If they use spinner Regieleki they either fear an EQ or take decent damage from SS due to its poor defensive stats. Once the boots are gone opponents like to remove hazards so this gives me freedom to heal if needed or lay further hazards to give them a headache. Attack of choice is sunsteel for GeoXern. Physical defence allows me to tank most things Ho Oh can throw as well as a lot of Zacian's coverage moves. Does not like SpA Yveltal as a Dark Pulse usually results in a KO.

Zacian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Crunch

Zacian is here to replace Marshadow, who turned out to be a niche Caly-S check but very little else, he dealt solid damage to Yveltal but could never KO reliably. Therefore, in stepped Zac. I trade coverage for the Swords Dance powerhouse Attack stat. Dealing decent damage to every common switch in to Zac and always putting pressure on the mighty Yveltal. Psychic fangs hits Eternatus hard, CC is for steel types and crunch mainly hits NDM, giving a strong chance of 2HKO after switch in. Can be worn down with residual Life Orb damage + hazards, however I needed a strong physical attacker to remove Blissey, NDM and others who would otherwise wall my team.

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Sludge Wave
- Dynamax Cannon

The bulky dragon with solid speed who can tank a lot of SpA hits and access to a decent resistance pool, with the otherwise pesky EQ being quite rare in the current Uber teams this allows a switch in to a lot of common threats. Hard hitting STAB attacks plus reliable recovery but with a big weakness to steel. Flamethrower or Mystic Fire is considered, however because it will not be able to fully KO a defensive NDM I opt for the ability to worry the Fairy types and hit opposing Dragon types with the powerful Dyna Cannon. Toxic is to wear down and outlast staller teams who can't counter with poison and recover dovetails with this nicely.

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Mainly Ditto is here to check Caly-S (unless running Scarf itself but this seems rare) rather than running my own. Late game I can let opposition Caly clear up one or two mons and then on switch in it can pretty much sweep anything even Yveltal will be dealt solid damage. However this also works nicely for Zacian with the extra attack boost on switch in, Zygarde/NDM's Dragon Dance set, Zekrom and any other common setup sets. Occasionally I use it to scout the opposing omnipresent Yveltal set but always have to be careful with Knock off as otherwise ditto is pretty useless. Substitute causes a problem but Yveltal can handle Caly, NDM and Zygarde with foul play/sucker punch. Trick Room teams, specifically ones centred around Calyrex-Ice causes Ditto an issue if TR is still in play when he switches in as he is designed to outspeed most opponents.

Palkia @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Main Kyogre check, still takes solid damage from a full powered Water Spout + Specs but can hit back with full accuracy Thunder either at Kyogre or whoever switches in. I try to use moves twice to suspect Choice (hence nature and EV spread) and then I can hit the switch in with a super effective as Palk has good variation. Zygarde gets hit with either Hydro or Spacial if they try to switch in on Thunder and Fire Blast for the common switch in of NDM. Zacian can be hit for solid damage on switch in before Palk bails. Thunder is useful if gets lucky with a paralyze, previously ran Thunder Wave but needed the extra support from Assault Vest. SpD Ho-Oh doesn't like either Hydro or Thunder although Blissey can pretty much wall anything Palk has to offer so have to be careful not to get trapped as she can easily status another mon.

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Roost

Pretty much a mandatory addition to any team, thanks to Caly-S and mine is no different. I used to run Knock off instead of FP but wasn't dealing out enough damage plus NDM fills this role. FP is key for Zygarde who otherwise gives this team problems. Currently considering U-turn instead of defog as most opponents who run hazards defog as soon as I lay SR. This would help with momentum if they switch an opposing Yveltal as it won't KO either SpA or Att variants. Roost gives solid recovery and HDB allows easy access around SR. Sucker punch clears up weaker mons and Caly who otherwise would outspeed the FP. Due to the Dark type only attacks, SpA Yveltal can give me problems as Oblivion wing hits hard as well as offers recovery.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

Most common lead but occasionally use Yveltal or Palkia if I think they have a Kyogre-led team. SR draws in the defogger, usually Yveltal or Ho Oh, which allows me a free knock off to take away the boots. If they use spinner Regieleki they either fear an EQ or take decent damage from SS due to its poor defensive stats. Once the boots are gone opponents like to remove hazards so this gives me freedom to heal if needed or lay further hazards to give them a headache. Attack of choice is sunsteel for GeoXern. Physical defence allows me to tank most things Ho Oh can throw as well as a lot of Zacian's coverage moves. Does not like SpA Yveltal as a Dark Pulse usually results in a KO.

Zacian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Crunch

Zacian is here to replace Marshadow, who turned out to be a niche Caly-S check but very little else, he dealt solid damage to Yveltal but could never KO reliably. Therefore, in stepped Zac. I trade coverage for the Swords Dance powerhouse Attack stat. Dealing decent damage to every common switch in to Zac and always putting pressure on the mighty Yveltal. Psychic fangs hits Eternatus hard, CC is for steel types and crunch mainly hits NDM, giving a strong chance of 2HKO after switch in. Can be worn down with residual Life Orb damage + hazards, however I needed a strong physical attacker to remove Blissey, NDM and others who would otherwise wall my team.

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Sludge Wave
- Dynamax Cannon

The bulky dragon with solid speed who can tank a lot of SpA hits and access to a decent resistance pool, with the otherwise pesky EQ being quite rare in the current Uber teams this allows a switch in to a lot of common threats. Hard hitting STAB attacks plus reliable recovery but with a big weakness to steel. Flamethrower or Mystic Fire is considered, however because it will not be able to fully KO a defensive NDM I opt for the ability to worry the Fairy types and hit opposing Dragon types with the powerful Dyna Cannon. Toxic is to wear down and outlast staller teams who can't counter with poison and recover dovetails with this nicely.
Hey there, i am here to kinda help u check up some marks on your team since some parts are not that great for this team.

:palkia:
This should imo be Life orb/Lustrous Orb, reason being, this team lacks a good breaker besides zacian which i will go into later. Its able to break mons such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Ho-oh and Groudon (to a limited extent). Kyogre is a problem if you make this change i agree but there is a another change down to line which will help that out.

:yveltal:
Your current team just autoloses to Calyrex-Shadow, reason being u lack a proper switch in. The set for this on this team should be max spdef, to also help out vs offensive eterns etc (not beam tho).

:zacian:
Life orb chips you way way way to much overtime, things like rocky helmet necrozma-dusk-mane are really annoying to deal with but not to mention the chip you get from wild charging for example ho-oh. Personally i think Choice Band is much better for this pokemon, another change i would make is changing its nature: Jolly -> Adamant. It gives u the power to two hit ko necrozma dusk mane with Crunch or Close Combat after rocks (leftovers) or in general if u dont get min rolls.

:Eternatus:
This should be in my opinion your kyogre check. Its speed doesnt really help out that much, outspeeding pokémon like zacian or modest eternatus can be very nice but that kind of eternatus doesnt really fit on this team. So what i suggest is running a more spdef variant.

After these changes the team would look like: :ditto::palkia::necrozma_dusk_mane::yveltal::zacian::eternatus:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
The rate above covers pretty much everything imo, it puts the team to the best use possible pretty much while keeping everything the same since it's structurally alright, going off those changes though I have a few things that I think may help just a bit.

Minor Changes:
:Yveltal:
Snarl --> U-turn

Snarl is way more beneficial on teams without speed control imo, since you can't revenge calyrex or hit sub seed if the team is slow. There is a ditto on this team though, so I think the pivoting of slow U-turns into that is really beneficial for the team and Snarl is kind of a mediocre move as is, so this seems like it'll usually be better.

:eternatus:
330 speed --> 350 speed

Another minor thing, but Marshadow is super hard for this team to beat. If it's Jolly Spectral thief or some other mediocre/bad set that doesn't take advantage of the power you can beat it with ndm + zacian + yveltal, but if it's Adamant Life Orb you're likely in a bit of trouble. This speed just allows it to outrun that, giving you a bit more insurance against that big threat.

Optional Minor Change:
:Yveltal:
Slow Knock Off --> Fast Foul Play

Groudon is fairly annoying for this team as well since it relies on finnicky defensive answers combined with Ditto, something that won't work behind screens. It should still be a doable mu since you have Ditto and other faster mons like Zacian Palkia and Eternatus, but a hard one regardless. This is just optional since it does weaken you against Calyrex-S, but something possible to try.
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Small things changed from the post above, but that's just my opinion on minor things that would fix it up. Version with fast Yveltal here, but cool team overall and I hope some of these changes help out the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)