Tournament Ubers Premier League X: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the tenth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s largest and premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge. In additional to the coveted red trophy and eternal fame and glory, there is also an additional grand prize this year of a custom avatar.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

Void Villains (5) vs. (5) Choice Bandits

SS: Punny vs. Aberforth
SS: baconeatinassassin vs. Kate
SS: Fc vs. xavgb
USM: Rhmsitb vs. plat27
ORAS: London Beats vs. Blim
BW: Evuelf vs. cy
DPP: eden vs. CMx
ADV: mitana vs. MMII
GSC: Void vs. Isa
BO3: Ayaka vs. mncmt

Dangerous Dracovish (5) vs. (5) Defiant Durians

SS: Icemaster vs. Samqian
SS: Inder vs. TJ
SS: King Billu vs. Luthier
USM: Leru vs. Garay oak
ORAS: skimmythegod vs. FatFighter2
BW: Alex Walls vs. Monai
DPP: shrang vs. TSR
ADV: Xrn vs. fourmi
GSC: vani vs. lax
BO3: Goat Heart vs. Star

Alolan Mukkers (4) vs. (6) Manly Melmetal

SS: Reje vs. suapah
SS: SiTuM vs. Skarph
SS: Terracotta vs. Bushtush
USM: Hugo Barrington vs. ckw
ORAS: QWILY vs. robjr
BW: Lasen vs. Trade
DPP: Inspirited vs. Alkione
ADV: Holy Ghost vs. 64 Squares
GSC: CursedStar vs. Amaranth
BO3: March Fires vs. Zesty43

Devastating Dialgas (2) vs. (8) DaReal Drizzlers

SS: Fogbound Lake vs. Stallion
SS: Manaphy vs. Luna's Banned now
SS: BluBirD vs. Sage
USM: PurpleGatorade vs. pokemonisfun
ORAS: airfare vs. Lily
BW: crucify vs. Thor
DPP: JabbaTheGriffin vs. Raph369
ADV: 0kay vs. Heysup
GSC: Mr.378 vs. Conflict
BO3: Sharow vs. byronthewellwell

Void Villains (5) vs. (5) Choice Bandits

USM: Rhmsitb vs. plat27
ORAS: London Beats vs. Blim
BW: Evuelf vs. cy
DPP: eden vs. CMx
ADV: mitana vs. MMII
GSC: Void vs. Isa
BO3: Ayaka vs. mncmt

Dangerous Dracovish (5) vs. (5) Defiant Durians

SS: Icemaster vs. Samqian
ADV: Xrn vs. fourmi
BO3: Goat Heart vs. Star

Alolan Mukkers (4) vs. (6) Manly Melmetal

GSC: CursedStar vs. Amaranth

Devastating Dialgas (2) vs. (8) DaReal Drizzlers

ORAS: airfare vs. Lily

Deadline is Sunday at 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
SS: Icemaster vs. TonyFlygon
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. fourmi
BO3: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Star

GSC: Kenix vs. Amaranth

ORAS: Alpha Rabbit vs. For an Endless Night

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
BW predictions:

Void Villains vs. Choice Bandits
Evuelf vs. cy (60-40): Evuelf is coming off of another fantastic year of cancering and giving act wins while cy has been honing her skills and impressing two oldheads in Blim and Steelskitty enough to warrant starting her. Does this mean she's winning this match-up? HELL NO! Evuelf always sweats week 1 so I expect a Ho-Oh coming in on a Fightceus and getting Stone Edged or Ekiller substituting up and nice prepping. Still, cy has some good help behind her so she could upset the match-up.

Dangerous Dracovish vs. Defiant Durians
Alex Walls vs. Monai (80-20): Listen, any man who has been playing this god forsaken tier + gen combo since it was current gen is gonna have an immediate edge. Unfortunately for Monai, Alex Walls is NOT a player who gets crusty no matter how long it's been since he last played. Will he reuse the classic teams that made him have a decent record? Will he try to build and fall into the pitfalls of trying to reinvent the wheel? Who knows. Monai is a relatively new face and hasn't shown up too much in the Ubers scene but at least he seems to play BW OU so he won't go "wtf why the rest turn reset!!!". Up to him to prove me wrong.

Alolan Mukkers vs. Manly Melmetal
Lasen vs. Trade: lol

Devastating Dialgas vs. DaReal Drizzlers
crucify vs. Thor (45-55): This match-up is closer than I'd like it to be and it's between two friends. Regardless, crucify has been tearing it up in the big stages of SPL and Classic while Thor has been clicking yellow magic in DPP and playing Geogussr with Ubers players on discord. Somehow, this translates into the Latino lover having the edge, having gone through a trial of fire of playing vs. a smart kid, Blim, myself, and steelskitty all within the last year. Crucify's win path is to simply turn into Rhmsitb and bring a random breaker that will leave Thor searching for his mamacita, but maybe the Drizzlers' player will prepare adequately.

PS Smart Kid come save me, tape thinks Lugia is bad....

SS: Icemaster vs. TonyFlygon : slight edge to ice in ss but super small, I give Tony the edge and sm and Oras probably a small edge in Oras but I think that's probably a bigger gap than ss is I also could be talking out of my ass. (I have tism and thought this was bo3 predict stays the same and I’m not deleting the rest)
SS: Inder vs. TJ : Pop Smoke
SS: King Billu vs. Luthier : luth is good at the pocket monsters I think hes still in open maybe but im just picking KB cause hes a mainer
USM: Leru vs. Garay oak : best sm'er oat
ORAS: skimmythegod vs. FatFighter2 : I would chuck ff2 in ss and move fourmi up here I think skimmys mega danger and I don't think there is a ton or room for innovation in Oras without losing to some stuff straight up and I know ff2 likes to innovate.
BW: Alex Walls vs. Monai : I do not know of Monai and Alex walls is ancient in bw
DPP: shrang vs. TSR : I can't bold shrang
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. fourmi : if this was Oras id bold fourmi but it is not.
GSC: vani vs. lax : I think lax did well her last year maybe
BO3: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Star : I think all 3 gens are rather close give the edge to goat in sm so I think they split the other two and he will win that

SS: Fogbound Lake vs. Stallion : I remember fogbound boasting quite the record last year maybe from luck im not sure but luck is a good thing to have on your side
SS: Manaphy vs. Luna's Banned now : LBN tryhards like a mug
SS: BluBirD vs. Sage : sage got pretty into ss last ssnl I think so she should do well
USM: PurpleGatorade vs. pokemonisfun : pg does not play much anymore and I recall him not enjoying playing stall in the past if pif plays Ubers like uu he might bring fat
ORAS: Alpha Rabbit vs. For an Endless Night : not saying this fellas an alt and if he isn't I apologize for accusing him but idk how he was allowed in the tour this year
BW: crucify vs. Thor : thor is heinously lucky and handsome
DPP: JabbaTheGriffin vs. Raph369 : rapa claps my cheeks in penta
ADV: 0kay vs. Heysup : best to ever do it
GSC: Mr.378 vs. Conflict : average age between these two is 40 and Daniel makes up most of it but with age comes wisdom... maybe also the muttering of the same 6 lines incessantly it would seem
BO3: Sharow vs. byronthewellwell : p big edge in ss I would guess sm is close and Oras is close but I think worst case they split and Byron takes ss

SS: Punny vs. Aberforth : fake Aussie has been cooking
SS: baconeatinassassin vs. Kate : Kate brings weird techs but they work often and she plays well
SS: Fc vs. xavgb : im sure fc has uttered he will be going undefeated so he can't lose this
USM: Rhmsitb vs. plat27 : lots of momentum coming into this and always been one of the best sm'ers
ORAS: London Beats vs. Blim : blim is really good and also has historically powerful upl rng
BW: Evuelf vs. cy : have never seen cy play
DPP: eden vs. CMx : have not seen either play
ADV: mitana vs. MMII : Started playing adv before fc was born
GSC: Void vs. Isa : think hes good here
BO3: Gondra vs. mncmt : edge in ss, sm and Oras are close

Last edited:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
SS Predicts

SS: Punny vs. Aberforth - As very good as Punny is, tier leader and seasonal winner domain.
SS: baconeatinassassin vs. Kate - A surprise AG clash in Ubers, they're both a mile better than me at AG and I'm interested in how they transition into Ubers teamstyles.
SS: Fc vs. xavgb - As very good as stresh also is, tier leader domain.

SS: Fogbound Lake vs. Stallion - Stallion's teams I prefer (but only by a little), but Fogbound plays really well.
SS: Manaphy vs. Luna's Banned now - I think LBN's best bet is not even to matchup fish; he's gotten better and while I still favor Mana in a long game, I can't 100-0 this. Both build creatively and so I'd like to see that.
SS: BluBirD vs. Sage - The SCL goat

SS: Icemaster vs. TonyFlygon - The elusive British .40 vs. the creative magician himself: the most exciting matchup on paper.
SS: Inder vs. TJ - It's hard not to bold TJ.
SS: King Billu vs. Luthier - Billu I have a feeling will tryhard for a bit and produce solid teams.

SS: Reje vs. suapah - The SCL goat
SS: SiTuM vs. Skarph - I am required to bold SiTuM
SS: Terracotta vs. Bushtush - Bushtush will be passed something with 64 squares illusory magic, and Terra will spend the next week in the lab making something visually inane you'd see used for fun in a roomtour which somehow gets matchup and does his creator name justice.

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
SS Predicts by Damage Calculator
Since he doesn't speak no explanation given :psysly:
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 191-226 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 541-640 (191.8 - 226.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dracovish Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 262-309 (81.1 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dracovish: 402-474 (125.2 - 147.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
SS: Icemaster vs. TonyFlygon hl match

252 SpA Choice Specs Dialga Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 266-314 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dialga in Heavy Rain: 235-277 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The great damage calculator warns us about a speed tie which will decide a game.
SS: Fogbound Lake vs. Stallion another hl match. I think stallion will clutch this in the end. Is this the speed tie match calculator warns us about :blobthinking:?
Take the predicts with a grain of salt since I'm memeing with calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)