Tournament Ubers Premier League X: Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
The final mock draft for UPL X! Good luck to all in the auction tomorrow!

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 8.45.26 PM.png

Icemaster40000
byronthewellwell30000
Conflict21000
Thor20500
Gondra20000
plat2719000
Heysup18500
mncmt18000
Isa18000
Holy Ghost16000
Melle240215500
SuperEpicAmpharos15500
SiTuM15500
London Beats15000
Punny15000
Manaphy14000
Samqian14000
Alpha Rabbit14000
Raph36913500
lax13500
Evuelf13000
Zesty4313000
xavgb12000
crucify12000
0kay11500
PurpleGatorade11500
Rhmsitb11000
Royal160410500
FatFighter210000
Aliss10000
Luna's Banned now8500
Leru8500
For an Endless Night8000
baconeatinassassin8000
Void7000
Aurora6500
Amaranth6500
Star5500
Stallion5000
Trade5000
Nalorium5000
Terracotta5000
Iggy964500
Sage4500
Churielix4500
Lily4500
Torchic4500
pokemonisfun4000
Kate4000
skimmythegod4000
Ransei4000
BluBirD4000
hot_dogs3500
Sceptile14503500
Dr. Phd. BJ3500
Bushtush3500
InkPupil3500
Xrn3000
pdt3000
TSR3000
Inder3000
M's Aura3000
Vilagerbob3000
Snak3000
E-create3000
ANI_XD3000
Jinoo Daddy3000
ILoveMashing❤3000
Real_Corviknight3000
ayk3000
CursedStar3000
Ophion3000
Nael2223000
Vulpix033000
WSun13000
00Crystal3000
Spl4sh3000
Mr.Bossaru3000
Emil Heskey3000
Monai3000
Iguana3000
Alex Walls3000
Mysterious M3000
The Dovahneer3000
crying3000
Ren3000
King Billu3000
Inspirited3000
fourmi3000
shrang3000
Skarph3000

Here's my lineup:

Bo3: March Fires
SS: Reje
SS: Star
SS: Skarph
USUM: SiTuM
ORAS: Terracotta
BW: Lasen
DPP: Void
ADV: Inspirited
GSC: Amaranth
Subs: BluBirD, fourmi, King Billu, Bushtush, shrang, Torchic

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
this is the worst day ever

sorry @drizzlers for not being active enough

to my teammates i interacted with:

tysm Perry for being the best manager ever and making sure i tested teams and giving me advice. I will make you proud and stick to ubers things
tysm Thor for building a trillion billion teams and giving advice u are so good at Ubers oml
ty to Staxi for drafting me
ty to LBN for being fun to talk to occasionally in the game chat channel
ty to Stallion for the occasional chat it's nice to see you around again
ty to Sage for satisfying my ego by saying you watched one of my games kek
Eledyr sorry my scout didn't rlly come in handy

others:
Nalorium idk why i thought you were on my team sorry weird
Aqua Jet ty for getting into ubers I would never do ubers things without your first inclination I hope we can have fun here :l

I don't think I interacted with anyone else on my team to any significant extent sorry for being too quiet I really like Ubers and hope to keep enjoying this tier

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
oh yeah i suppose i should shoutout aswell, truthfully i'm impressed we managed to stay afloat as long as we did, and i give commendments out for that. As i wish to remain positive and kind today i will be selective in my shoutouts, and we are not negative after praying deeply to LOSING TO DELIBIRD MONO FLYING IN GSC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Conflict besides that very obvious one, you were a GSC clutch, eating all our bad luck for keys team to proceed to tie it up. Love teaming with ya and will look forward to doin it again someday

pokemonisfun You played well bro, this was your first attempt at ubers in any capacity and i don't think you realize you were the 2nd best USUM player in the tour. Keep it up dawg, you did incredible.

Thor and Heysup the carry slots, as their name implies carried our asses for secure wins for 99% of the season. Look forward to teaming with yall again too, heysup i want you to sauce me all the teams u used for the tour btw

Eledyr Mr. Scouter himself put in work behind the scenes and despite having a very much not good record, that's not everything when it comes to team tours and you did the work i sure as fuck wasn't wanting to do so i commend you and suggest other people look at drafting eledyr in the future.

Lily and Endless alts: our oras core, nice teaming with ya and hopefully i can play on a team in UU aswell sometim lily

freezai YOUTUBE SENSATION HIMSELF, almost snatched gondra's weave in his only appearance, nothing but the best and hope that yt money does you kindly.

Overall this was, not as good as last year but considering we won it all last year tis to be expected. I enjoyed teaming w yall and look forward to next UPL that maybe has more than 1 host !

EDIT: I FORGOT YOU Perry IM SORRY LOOOOOOOOOL. You were doing a 2 mans job as 1 man on vacation for this entire tour and stretched yourself very thin so keep ya head higher than it is bro, you did fine

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
This is not the kind of shoutouts I wanted to make but here we are..

I'm ngl I was useless as fuck for a good part of the tournament due to irl duties and personal stuff but I can't thank Perry enough for carrying our team, you're truly the best co-manager I could get

Nayrz even tho you're probably never seeing this, it was cool bringing you back in our chat and thanks for giving us Drizzlers last year :blobthumbsup:

Luna thanks for helping us even tho.. yknow what happened

Heysup and Thor for carrying us in these volatile tiers

LBN for being stupid

Stallion it's always a pleasure to have you around

@ everyone else since i'm too lazy -- thanks for giving your best and being active, hope yall get to play next year

This will probably be my last upl (and tournament) for at least a while (or maybe not, who knows?) and new blood managing drizzlers would be cool after perry and I broke the curse (please do NOT let tuna manage my team).

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
It's Da Wooloo fan's shoutout moment. Despite the fact I only played 2 games (and lost both LOL), most of my job was in the background of Drizzler, and it was a wonderful experience. Of course, having a poor 0-2 record sucks, but hey that was my first try, and I can't be ashamed by the quality of my games, they were more than correct for my humble level.

A huge fucking shoutout to Perry and Staxi, I really feel proud that you made me part of this UPL, especially Perry you did your best to keep everyone motivated.
Stallion testing and building with you was super cool, I hope to be your teammate again as soon as possible :psyglad:

LBN Thor pokemonisfun (and the many people I spent time testing and building teams, you guys will recognize) Thanks for the support for my games, I really had fun playing them and hope to perform better as a player and as a builder next time. Hope to have you as teammates anytime soon too :psyglad:

Conflict GSC goat + even if we didn't interact a lot, it was really good, hope to see you again too :psyglad:

Raph369 you're the boss, I don't have much else to say.

@everyone else I had less interaction, the ambiance in Drizzlers was really good, I hope to see you all in tours soon :psyglad:

Last edited:

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
yes this is a loser shoutout post so i can get my team to not hate me
this was the most at home ive felt in a team tour, really fire group of people that mostly worked well together. Great team chemistry, felt like a groupchat of friends more than a UPL team if that makes sense. first s.o post i think but probably wont get a team like this again so idc if we lost
March Fires - Good cop. First time we teamed and you didn't disappoint, solid performance as always. You're so nice bro LOL i feel like shit for my record. Hopefully this isn't your last tour rlly :copium:
Reje - Bad cop. You are my type of manager, let me do my thing and gaslighting with me blaming my losses on rng. Genuinely a funny and good guy, hopefully yall come back next UPL and win (dont draft a bunch of bums again, but that is the beauty of the team imo..) Forgive me for the -10k too thanks fam <3
Lasen - Neutral cop. You are like a disappointed father every time you look in my channel which is understandable, really cool we finally got to team together, you are one of the people that inspired me to keep playing this game a few years ago so thanks for that. You're very knowledgeable and solid at this game btw don't doubt yourself fam
SiTuM - we have teamed like 4 times and every team has been like bottom one every time LMAO i think we need to part ways. You went ham this tour with crazy shit, well deserved record. my french twin fr
Hugo Barrington - HUGOAT you weren't that active but u still went crazy. You fucking put me in the blender that one time we tested it will take me time to recover from that ngl
QWILY - Sorry you had to play oras but someone had to. I didn't really pay attention to the channel but don't take the criticism too hard, you are a solid player. You seem like a cool dude hope you shine next tour (and lets win agpl)
Nalorium - You were with us since like week1 so I just count you as an OG member lmao, i dont know shit about gsc so i didnt check the channel but grats on the win this week at least. Thanks for being picked up and joining asap, you seemed nice maybe ill get to see you play more bw/gsc next tour
Terracotta - I gave you your flowers awhile back, you and Zesty really inspired me to "tryhard" in the builder (when gen7 was cg cba nowadays). You helped Wreck a lot and did a bunch of tests for the team, our first time teaming too i think ?
Inspirited - You really popped off man im so happy for you. You remind me of mm2 how you put work into prepping and seeing you analyze your games. Still dont know what your pfp is but would always love to team again
Chiles Habaneros - Another gscer :pray: didnt talk much except like one time kinda but latino gang is strong so hope to see you again
CursedStar - fuckin edgy ass zoomer. You are cool af tho jokes aside, even though you didnt have the season you wanted these last two tours if i had to choose to team again i would 100% say yes.
Ainzcrad - AINZCHAD. You hyped the team up and had interesting stories was fun meeting you. I'll make you an adv superstar sometime if that was serious, you just have to ask.
pdt - i dont want to @ you incase you want to forget this tour.. sorry for what happened man hopefully no hard feelings. youre a cool guy hope everything goes well for you
LucosDICampos - that long ass conversation we had about the universe/life was super fire, youre super fire and an oras goat. thanks for the convos and helping the team out in all those ways, hope to see you around.
BasedWhat? - you carried me in open on your back along with the teams ss builds LMAO please see a chiropractor. your builds are fire and sorry if you were the scapegoat of the team but it be like that sometimes. you need to fuck the next tour up please, also funny af
Paradise Seeker - thank you goat
all of Reje/Tape friends that were also in the server idek if yall use smogon but you guys were cool
iry - you left me to die in adv
@ coldest with the kiss - thanks for all the help. one of the greatest to touch the game idc
i should be 4-2 copium im begging for forgiveness Tape/Reje. skipping wcup with hopes to manage uwtt, gl every1 in future tours!

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
in complete original fashion, i will also do a loser shoutout post.
honestly theres not much to highlight - this was my worst record to date in an ubers tour and it felt pretty embarrassing. im ashamed of my performance. sorry.

i. March Fires ; thanks for buying me, and sorry for not living up to the expectations. i appreciate what you did to me and those words you gave me.
ii. Reje ; thanks for buying me too, i guess. honestly i cant say much about you other than youre rly vocal about things, and i respect that. sorry for not living up to the expectations.
iii. Chiles Habaneros ; te hice jugar casi todo el torneo, perdón por eso. aunque hayas terminado negativo demostraste que sos bueno y que sos alguien quien debe ser tomado en cuenta en futuras ediciones de upl. perdón por ser un mal support.
iv. Nalorium ; sé que probablemente te caigo mal por diferentes cosas del pasado pero la verdad aparentas ser un sujeto bastante decente, supongo... no tuviste la oportunidad de jugar como se debió y nos jodió a todos eso, porque estoy seguro de que habríamos sacado más wins si jugabas en mi lugar. vos y chiles son mil veces mejor jugador que yo, ya podrán salir campeones en ediciones futuras de upl porque se lo merecen.
v. Lasen ; not gonna lie i expected a worse performance from you because i had a negative preconception of you before this tour, but i was proven wrong - youre actually pretty good. you just cant stop getting haxed. maybe you think the same way about me, maybe not. idk. its ok tho, you wont have to read the bs i type anymore after this. sorry for being such a burden.
vi. SiTuM ; honestly i dont have much to say about you, i rly liked the teams you brought to your games because they were a breeze of fresh air in this shitfest ss ubers is. cant say much. sorry for being a burden.
vii. Hugo Barrington ; i rly thought you would go undefeadted. honestly insane player. too bad you had to be unexpectedly subbed out - hope every thing is good. sorry for being a burden.
viii. Inspirited ; undisputed best dpp player in the tour, no discussion really. unfortunately you couldnt get the 7-0 you wanted but thats mons i guess. loved to see you prepping and thinking about what stuff you couldve used - i wished i had this much knowledge like you do. i rly hope to see you in future ubers teamtours. im sorry for being a burden.
ix. QWILY ; we didnt exchange words at all but i liked what you did in oras. you felt rly confident and it showed. sucks you didnt get the score you wanted and deserved. sorry for being a burden.
x. Terracotta ; cant rly say much about you, sorry. i liked prepping with you for gsc. maybe next time ill be a better support. im sorry for being a burden.
xi. Ainzcrad ; nice team presence. i like sharing team with you. sucks you didnt perform like you wanted to. sorry for being a burden.
xii. @.pdt ; idk what happened but hope everything is okay. this record doesnt show shit, dont stress it. youre much more than what you showed this upl. hope to see you in better shape for the next teamtour. sorry for being a burden.
xiii. LucosDICampos ; ill be myself, or at least ill try. thanks for the words. i enjoyed sharing team with you. sucks i didnt get to see you play, i wouldve loved that. sorry for being a burden.
xiv. BasedWhat? ; funny user. rly liked sharing team with you. cant say much else, sorry..
xv. Paradise Seeker ; today i learned youre chinese. thats cool. cant say much else, sorry.

once again thanks for believing in me. im really sorry for being this shit.

this was probably my last ubers tour.
i dont remember what week it was but i had to immediately leave and i didnt get to play my game. truth is, a family member had just died. i didnt care about anything more during those days, so i didnt participate in chat and i didnt play my games / help the other gsc players to test. i was selfish. sorry.
due to that and some other reasons i lost all drive to play. im sorry, i just cant take it anymore. no matter how much i try to be the best version of myself i end up hitting a wall. i try and try and try and try. but im always so fucking close. i feel worthless and helpess. i always get amazing supports and teammates, yet i always dissappoint them all. it pains me. i couldnt give less of a shit about this being "just a game". i dont care. i want to perform. i want to prove my worth. but im always so fucking close.
im sorry. people were right. they always were.

going to spice things up in this thread with another loser shoutouts post.

even though things didn't work out for us in the end, I had a lot of fun this tour. I really loved the team environment and I enjoyed actively working with other people to try to achieve a common goal. It felt a lot more satisfying and fulfilling than fucking around on my own with my patented unviable Arceus formes. I actually felt sort of useful this year. I also finally got to realise my long-held dream of winning a tour game with my well-trained Arceus-Fire.

steelskitty - thank you for taking a chance on me and buying me this UPL after my long tenure of like-farming in signup posts without expecting I would get picked up. you've helped me attain some level of basic competence in my favourite old gen again through all of those tests and you supplied me with that wonderful week 7 Arceus-Fire team. I can't really thank you or Ayu enough for this UPL.
Aishia - thanks again for picking me up and thanks for the support and tests during the week I got slotted into ORAS. even though we ended up changing teams at the last minute, I appreciate the effort you put into making sure that I had a team available to me that I felt comfortable using at all in a generation I will freely admit I dislike playing.
Aberforth - thanks for helping me try to acclimatise myself with SS as quickly as possible when it looked like I would have to sub in and thanks for playing SS games with me when I realised while I was on the bench that I needed to know at least something about SS were that situation to end up being the real deal. thank you for suffering through ORAS tests with me as well, at least we had company. please don't feel too disheartened about this season, you're a much better player than whatever the sheet says.
Kate - as someone who loves using unconventional stuff, I really enjoyed seeing what interesting new idea you would come up with for each week. the Bright Powder NDM was truly something. you managed to make things work more often than not, hopefully you get picked up for Ubers SCL later this year.
xavgb - I didn't interact with you very much but I think you did alright for what was your first serious foray into current gen Ubers. I have it on good authority that OHKOing a Darmanitan with Choice Scarf Marshadow turn 1 was a particular highlight of the tour.
plat27 - sorry it ended the way it did and sorry I wasn't able to help much with prep. but similarly to Aberforth I don't think you should be too disheartened about one ordinary tour, you're a great player regardless and some of the games could have been different without hax.
Blim - thanks for your help with ORAS and BW. even though you were really busy you still turned up each week for your own slot while also being able to provide good guidance across both metas I ended up playing. I liked calling with you in the Ubers discord too. if this is your last UPL, then all the best for the future.
cy - don't feel bad about this UPL, BW isn't the easiest old gen to get into and you still managed to pick up a win along the way. I thought it was sporting of you to front up for the best-of-three slot in the last week when we did our, uh, lineup adjustment, and I enjoyed prepping for BW with you.
CMx - I don't play DPP and so didn't talk to you very much, but I hope whatever you're doing right now is going alright.
MMII - ADV might not have gone so well but I was really impressed with how you switched to DPP and ended up with a perfect record in that metagame when all was said and done. I enjoyed testing with you; I'm not known for my ADV (or much else) but I hope I was able to be of some assistance regardless. I'm happy I finally got to team with you after knowing you for so long.
Isa - it was nice to be reunited with you again after UPL 4. hopefully I was less of a pest this time. I don't know anything about GSC, but I have great respect for how you've been best-in-pool and such a reliable pick in that tier both times I've teamed up with you.
mncmt - slotting into ADV in the last week despite not having played a single game of it up until now and managing to win anyway was pretty nice. I'm not sure how you manage to play Pokemon on your phone but there must be something to it.
Melle2402 - I didn't get to interact with you all that much but you kept the bench warm with me the first few weeks and showed up for ADV when the time came.
zf alt infinity - you're a very entertaining person and I found testing with you and whatever random shit you would bring along really fun. thanks for your endorsement of and assistance with the Arceus-Fire extravaganza. I'm sorry to report that I almost got 6-0ed twice in BW cup using the understander's teams, but I'm going to pin the blame for that firmly on the pilot.
Highlord / Ismakhil / @Zayele / Autumnchi / @tralalalalalalalala - I didn't talk to you much at all directly about my games or gens, but thanks for being around to help out other slots.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
March Fires For somehow holding this team together, generating 5 of the team's wins in what I believe to be the toughest teamslot, being the best testbot I could ask for, and for being an ear when I definitely needed it this season. The MVP of the team in my opinion. I hope my own troubles didn't drag you down much. Thanks for buying me.

Terracotta For passing me the squads that won pretty much every week. I don't know how you do it, but trusting Terra has a very high success rate. There were a couple of bad MUs in there but I always had to tools to find a favorable sequence if played properly. It was good to team with you again and I hope you are in good spirits. Truly a Terracotta Zygod even if the record doesn't show it.

Reje Thanks for taking another chance on my unreliable ass. It even worked out this time! You play your games well and are highly critical when you don't but are unfortunately the unluckiest player I know at the moment. We'll get you wins somehow. I don't know how but we will. It's a shame it didn't happen this year.

BasedWhat? I'm glad you were there to keep our SS's head above water when it seemed like everything was doomed. I know you and reje are unhappy with the way the metagame functions currently but the effort you two put in regardless was cool to see. Being reje's scapegoat isn't an easy job either. I learned more about SS by reading those convos than I really wanted to know. It's sad to see that effort unrewarded but don't think for a second it went unnoticed.

Holy Ghost for testing with near my gametime this past week and being ready to go despite the misfortunes this tournament. It's always good to team with you and I hope it happens again in the future.

Lasen You did well everywhere else but in this tournament which is really cool but also really unfortunate all the same. Teaming with you is always a pleasure. Don't let this UPL sour things for you.

QWILY and LucosDICampos for holding down ORAS as best you could. That metagame, while good imo, in particular tends to have very hard edges if something doesn't go right or a misstep is taken; For whatever it is worth, this was a mighty fine effort from you two. I hope we see each other again QWILY and it was fun interacting with Lucos again.

SiTuM A master of pulling up with the right tools for the occasion and generating wins with them. I wish I knew how this technique worked but I understand masters must keep some secrets. 6-1 is mighty impressive in this SS pool in my opinion.

Ainzcrad It isn't easy being the sub that must be ready for anything, especially when you get thrown into an extremely stacked GSC pool at one point. We had some fun working on DPP stuff and I hope we get to use that in the future. I'm almost certain we'll play again at some point.

Hugo Barrington is still the Hugoat despite going what I think was 3-2 (though I am unsure because the sheet is wrong). Your understanding of how to achieve and how to climb out of some the most devastating positions I see in USUM is always an inspiration. It's always good teaming with you.

CursedStar Stuck with up despite IRL being incredibly cruel and that is something I respect greatly. Supporting the GSC slot fo this tournament wasn't easy given who we were up against. I refuse to let you think you were a team burden or to let you take your record at face value because that is, pardon me for being blunt here, incredibly dumb. A team player is a team player and I think you made it work well given the circumstances.

Chiles Habaneros You showed up to take on highly competitive GSC pool and got a win out of it. We have teamed before this and I would definitely team again.

Nalorium Being the sub for anything is always tough and you even got a win for your trouble in GSC of all places. I saw support where you could give it and that's all we could really ask for. Always a pleasure.

I'll take the hint from Holy Ghost and not tag but if you ever read this pdt, know that I appreciate you showing up to play a difficult tier that you don't play super often against some pretty weighty opponents. I hope we were't too critical and that you had a good time regardless of the result.

This was a very strong team and I hope you all had as good a time as possible. It's unfortunate we didn't make it farther but that's just the way the game works sometimes. It's a shame I couldn't help out more with other slots but I had quite a bit on my plate most of the tournament so I hope that can be forgiven. I wouldn't have been able to play under these circumstances on a different team so I am very glad it was with you people. Thanks for having me.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
yes this is a loser shoutout post so i can get my team to not hate me
this was the most at home ive felt in a team tour, really fire group of people that mostly worked well together. Great team chemistry, felt like a groupchat of friends more than a UPL team if that makes sense. first s.o post i think but probably wont get a team like this again so idc if we lost
March Fires - Good cop. First time we teamed and you didn't disappoint, solid performance as always. You're so nice bro LOL i feel like shit for my record. Hopefully this isn't your last tour rlly :copium:
Reje - Bad cop. You are my type of manager, let me do my thing and gaslighting with me blaming my losses on rng. Genuinely a funny and good guy, hopefully yall come back next UPL and win (dont draft a bunch of bums again, but that is the beauty of the team imo..) Forgive me for the -10k too thanks fam <3
Lasen - Neutral cop. You are like a disappointed father every time you look in my channel which is understandable, really cool we finally got to team together, you are one of the people that inspired me to keep playing this game a few years ago so thanks for that. You're very knowledgeable and solid at this game btw don't doubt yourself fam
SiTuM - we have teamed like 4 times and every team has been like bottom one every time LMAO i think we need to part ways. You went ham this tour with crazy shit, well deserved record. my french twin fr
Hugo Barrington - HUGOAT you weren't that active but u still went crazy. You fucking put me in the blender that one time we tested it will take me time to recover from that ngl
QWILY - Sorry you had to play oras but someone had to. I didn't really pay attention to the channel but don't take the criticism too hard, you are a solid player. You seem like a cool dude hope you shine next tour (and lets win agpl)
Nalorium - You were with us since like week1 so I just count you as an OG member lmao, i dont know shit about gsc so i didnt check the channel but grats on the win this week at least. Thanks for being picked up and joining asap, you seemed nice maybe ill get to see you play more bw/gsc next tour
Terracotta - I gave you your flowers awhile back, you and Zesty really inspired me to "tryhard" in the builder (when gen7 was cg cba nowadays). You helped Wreck a lot and did a bunch of tests for the team, our first time teaming too i think ?
Inspirited - You really popped off man im so happy for you. You remind me of mm2 how you put work into prepping and seeing you analyze your games. Still dont know what your pfp is but would always love to team again
Chiles Habaneros - Another gscer :pray: didnt talk much except like one time kinda but latino gang is strong so hope to see you again
CursedStar - fuckin edgy ass zoomer. You are cool af tho jokes aside, even though you didnt have the season you wanted these last two tours if i had to choose to team again i would 100% say yes.
Ainzcrad - AINZCHAD. You hyped the team up and had interesting stories was fun meeting you. I'll make you an adv superstar sometime if that was serious, you just have to ask.
pdt - i dont want to @ you incase you want to forget this tour.. sorry for what happened man hopefully no hard feelings. youre a cool guy hope everything goes well for you
LucosDICampos - that long ass conversation we had about the universe/life was super fire, youre super fire and an oras goat. thanks for the convos and helping the team out in all those ways, hope to see you around.
BasedWhat? - you carried me in open on your back along with the teams ss builds LMAO please see a chiropractor. your builds are fire and sorry if you were the scapegoat of the team but it be like that sometimes. you need to fuck the next tour up please, also funny af
Paradise Seeker - thank you goat
all of Reje/Tape friends that were also in the server idek if yall use smogon but you guys were cool
iry - you left me to die in adv
@ coldest with the kiss - thanks for all the help. one of the greatest to touch the game idc
i should be 4-2 copium im begging for forgiveness Tape/Reje. skipping wcup with hopes to manage uwtt, gl every1 in future tours!
in complete original fashion, i will also do a loser shoutout post.
honestly theres not much to highlight - this was my worst record to date in an ubers tour and it felt pretty embarrassing. im ashamed of my performance. sorry.

i. March Fires ; thanks for buying me, and sorry for not living up to the expectations. i appreciate what you did to me and those words you gave me.
ii. Reje ; thanks for buying me too, i guess. honestly i cant say much about you other than youre rly vocal about things, and i respect that. sorry for not living up to the expectations.
iii. Chiles Habaneros ; te hice jugar casi todo el torneo, perdón por eso. aunque hayas terminado negativo demostraste que sos bueno y que sos alguien quien debe ser tomado en cuenta en futuras ediciones de upl. perdón por ser un mal support.
iv. Nalorium ; sé que probablemente te caigo mal por diferentes cosas del pasado pero la verdad aparentas ser un sujeto bastante decente, supongo... no tuviste la oportunidad de jugar como se debió y nos jodió a todos eso, porque estoy seguro de que habríamos sacado más wins si jugabas en mi lugar. vos y chiles son mil veces mejor jugador que yo, ya podrán salir campeones en ediciones futuras de upl porque se lo merecen.
v. Lasen ; not gonna lie i expected a worse performance from you because i had a negative preconception of you before this tour, but i was proven wrong - youre actually pretty good. you just cant stop getting haxed. maybe you think the same way about me, maybe not. idk. its ok tho, you wont have to read the bs i type anymore after this. sorry for being such a burden.
vi. SiTuM ; honestly i dont have much to say about you, i rly liked the teams you brought to your games because they were a breeze of fresh air in this shitfest ss ubers is. cant say much. sorry for being a burden.
vii. Hugo Barrington ; i rly thought you would go undefeadted. honestly insane player. too bad you had to be unexpectedly subbed out - hope every thing is good. sorry for being a burden.
viii. Inspirited ; undisputed best dpp player in the tour, no discussion really. unfortunately you couldnt get the 7-0 you wanted but thats mons i guess. loved to see you prepping and thinking about what stuff you couldve used - i wished i had this much knowledge like you do. i rly hope to see you in future ubers teamtours. im sorry for being a burden.
ix. QWILY ; we didnt exchange words at all but i liked what you did in oras. you felt rly confident and it showed. sucks you didnt get the score you wanted and deserved. sorry for being a burden.
x. Terracotta ; cant rly say much about you, sorry. i liked prepping with you for gsc. maybe next time ill be a better support. im sorry for being a burden.
xi. Ainzcrad ; nice team presence. i like sharing team with you. sucks you didnt perform like you wanted to. sorry for being a burden.
xii. @.pdt ; idk what happened but hope everything is okay. this record doesnt show shit, dont stress it. youre much more than what you showed this upl. hope to see you in better shape for the next teamtour. sorry for being a burden.
xiii. LucosDICampos ; ill be myself, or at least ill try. thanks for the words. i enjoyed sharing team with you. sucks i didnt get to see you play, i wouldve loved that. sorry for being a burden.
xiv. BasedWhat? ; funny user. rly liked sharing team with you. cant say much else, sorry..
xv. Paradise Seeker ; today i learned youre chinese. thats cool. cant say much else, sorry.

once again thanks for believing in me. im really sorry for being this shit.

this was probably my last ubers tour.
i dont remember what week it was but i had to immediately leave and i didnt get to play my game. truth is, a family member had just died. i didnt care about anything more during those days, so i didnt participate in chat and i didnt play my games / help the other gsc players to test. i was selfish. sorry.
due to that and some other reasons i lost all drive to play. im sorry, i just cant take it anymore. no matter how much i try to be the best version of myself i end up hitting a wall. i try and try and try and try. but im always so fucking close. i feel worthless and helpess. i always get amazing supports and teammates, yet i always dissappoint them all. it pains me. i couldnt give less of a shit about this being "just a game". i dont care. i want to perform. i want to prove my worth. but im always so fucking close.
im sorry. people were right. they always were.
March Fires For somehow holding this team together, generating 5 of the team's wins in what I believe to be the toughest teamslot, being the best testbot I could ask for, and for being an ear when I definitely needed it this season. The MVP of the team in my opinion. I hope my own troubles didn't drag you down much. Thanks for buying me.

Terracotta For passing me the squads that won pretty much every week. I don't know how you do it, but trusting Terra has a very high success rate. There were a couple of bad MUs in there but I always had to tools to find a favorable sequence if played properly. It was good to team with you again and I hope you are in good spirits. Truly a Terracotta Zygod even if the record doesn't show it.

Reje Thanks for taking another chance on my unreliable ass. It even worked out this time! You play your games well and are highly critical when you don't but are unfortunately the unluckiest player I know at the moment. We'll get you wins somehow. I don't know how but we will. It's a shame it didn't happen this year.

BasedWhat? I'm glad you were there to keep our SS's head above water when it seemed like everything was doomed. I know you and reje are unhappy with the way the metagame functions currently but the effort you two put in regardless was cool to see. Being reje's scapegoat isn't an easy job either. I learned more about SS by reading those convos than I really wanted to know. It's sad to see that effort unrewarded but don't think for a second it went unnoticed.

Holy Ghost for testing with near my gametime this past week and being ready to go despite the misfortunes this tournament. It's always good to team with you and I hope it happens again in the future.

Lasen You did well everywhere else but in this tournament which is really cool but also really unfortunate all the same. Teaming with you is always a pleasure. Don't let this UPL sour things for you.

QWILY and LucosDICampos for holding down ORAS as best you could. That metagame, while good imo, in particular tends to have very hard edges if something doesn't go right or a misstep is taken; For whatever it is worth, this was a mighty fine effort from you two. I hope we see each other again QWILY and it was fun interacting with Lucos again.

SiTuM A master of pulling up with the right tools for the occasion and generating wins with them. I wish I knew how this technique worked but I understand masters must keep some secrets. 6-1 is mighty impressive in this SS pool in my opinion.

Ainzcrad It isn't easy being the sub that must be ready for anything, especially when you get thrown into an extremely stacked GSC pool at one point. We had some fun working on DPP stuff and I hope we get to use that in the future. I'm almost certain we'll play again at some point.

Hugo Barrington is still the Hugoat despite going what I think was 3-2 (though I am unsure because the sheet is wrong). Your understanding of how to achieve and how to climb out of some the most devastating positions I see in USUM is always an inspiration. It's always good teaming with you.

CursedStar Stuck with up despite IRL being incredibly cruel and that is something I respect greatly. Supporting the GSC slot fo this tournament wasn't easy given who we were up against. I refuse to let you think you were a team burden or to let you take your record at face value because that is, pardon me for being blunt here, incredibly dumb. A team player is a team player and I think you made it work well given the circumstances.

Chiles Habaneros You showed up to take on highly competitive GSC pool and got a win out of it. We have teamed before this and I would definitely team again.

Nalorium Being the sub for anything is always tough and you even got a win for your trouble in GSC of all places. I saw support where you could give it and that's all we could really ask for. Always a pleasure.

I'll take the hint from Holy Ghost and not tag but if you ever read this pdt, know that I appreciate you showing up to play a difficult tier that you don't play super often against some pretty weighty opponents. I hope we were't too critical and that you had a good time regardless of the result.

This was a very strong team and I hope you all had as good a time as possible. It's unfortunate we didn't make it farther but that's just the way the game works sometimes. It's a shame I couldn't help out more with other slots but I had quite a bit on my plate most of the tournament so I hope that can be forgiven. I wouldn't have been able to play under these circumstances on a different team so I am very glad it was with you people. Thanks for having me.
thanks for having me even though i sucked again, maybe i will be better next year. i left to get my mind off a bad tour not because of you guys as well as some irl stuff that was making it harder to have fun in pokemon. yall are very nice though, thanks for the tour :)

Time to make a cringe post about my experience managing a UPL team. It certainly feels different looking at things as a manager than being in the pool of players. First of all, I would like to recognize that ubers has come a very long way from its worst years in 2014-2017, the community feels quite different in a good way, which makes me feel good being a part of it. I don't want to sound condescending in saying that I'm proud but it really feels worth mentioning.

Ubers as a metagame also felt more enjoyable than ever for me. I also came to appreciate every generation of Ubers, even though there are some of them I just can't get behind about playing. While I've come to witness that the community is all over the place in terms of preferences when it comes to the old gens, I think they are all enjoyable in some way.

As for my team, the Melmetals, I would like to thank my last year managers Alkione and KyogreF4N for letting me run things this year. I really appreciate it. Secondly, I would like to thank 64 Squares for accepting to manage with me and make this the experience that it was. And ckw for acting as the second ass-man of the team, I still think you're mad capping when you say you're retiring but yeah. thanks a lot for making this a very enjoyable experience as well.

As for my players, I think you all did what you could, all things considered and I thank you for that. It's a shame the journey ended the way it did but I hope you at least had a good time being on the team. I would like to give a special shoutout to GeniusFromHoenn for the improvement he showed during the tour. Also, Trade and The Dovahneer for playing BW and discussing the teams with me.... and reading my 10 page essays about the endless amount of topics related to BW. I really enjoyed managing the team and I hope to see most of you in future tours.

Outside the melms, I'd like to shoutout Blim for staying active during this time, always fun to talk to you about mons and tours, Thor for the once again impressive run in BW Ubers and helping Dovah test during play-offs, Inspirited for becoming my favourite player to watch this tour, your games were always very entertaining. Also, fourmi for being active during UPL, I really wish I got you in draft. Finally, thanks MMII for the mad amount of support you gave ckw in ADV this week, that was really something.

As a side note, I'll be cheering for the Durians in finals, you guys are one hell of a team and definetely deserve to be there. Not to mention, I would like to see my friends on the team take home the trophy.

Last but not least, thanks Minority for hosting UPL, great host (ignore the haters).

P.S. Aishia & Thor , don't forget we running the set for LA in UWC this year, I hope to see you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)