Tournament Ubers Premier League VII - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

(art by Kaiju Bunny)

Welcome to UPL VII, here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

To help handle all DC cases you will need to submit your teams to the UPL host before the match. You do not have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. It's a simple procedure that removes most subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team you are using at anytime before the match takes place. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the player (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

598.png
385.png

Defiant Durians (5) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (3)

USM: PurpleGatorade vs. Garay oak
USM: KratosMana vs. Pearl
USM: byronthewellwell vs. skysolo14
ORAS: Reje vs. LucosDICampos
BW: Kebabe vs. ZoroDark
DPP: M Dragon vs. lax Sam
ADV: Kushalos vs. Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): TDK vs. Lasen

792.png
382_01.png

Luminous Lunalas (6) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (2)

USM: Chill Shadow vs. Eternal Spirit
USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Megazard
USM: Leru vs Plas
ORAS: Aishia vs. Serga
BW: Peli vs. Blim
DPP: Highlord vs. BKC
ADV: p2 vs. Finchinator
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. elodin

802.png

Choice Bandits (4) vs. Devastating Dialgas (4)

USM: ict vs. KyogreF4N
USM: squinn vs. EternalSnowman
USM: Mysterious M vs. Hamhamhamham
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. Vileman
BW: FLCL vs. Edgar
DPP: Stone_Cold vs. Hack
ADV: Terracotta vs. Exiline
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. March Fires

DEADLINE IS APRIL 28 AT 11:59 PM PST

Last edited by a moderator:

Ackler

Banned deucer.
USM: PurpleGatorade vs. Garay oak
USM: KratosMana vs. Pearl
USM: byronthewellwell vs. skysolo14
ORAS: Reje vs. LucosDICampos
BW: Kebabe vs. ZoroDark
DPP: M Dragon vs. lax
ADV: Kushalos vs. Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): TDK vs. Lasen

USM: Chill Shadow vs. Eternal Spirit
USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Megazard
USM: Leru vs Plas
ORAS: Aishia vs. Serga
BW: Peli vs. Blim
DPP: Highlord vs. BKC
ADV: p2 vs. Finchinator
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. elodin

USM: ict vs. KyogreF4N
USM: squinn vs. EternalSnowman
USM: Mysterious M vs. Hamhamhamham
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. Vileman
BW: FLCL vs. Edgar
DPP: Stone_Cold vs. Hack
ADV: Terracotta vs. Exiline
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. March Fires

please post times for these games

USM: PurpleGatorade vs. Garay oak 75/25
USM: KratosMana vs. Pearl 50/50
USM: byronthewellwell vs. skysolo14 60/40
ORAS: Reje vs. LucosDICampos 80/20
BW: Kebabe vs. ZoroDark 75/25
DPP: M Dragon vs. lax 50/50
ADV: Kushalos vs. Melle2402 60/40
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): TDK vs. Lasen 60/40

USM: Chill Shadow vs. Eternal Spirit 50/50
USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Megazard 50/50
USM: Leru vs Plas 60/40
ORAS: Aishia vs. Serga 50/50
BW: Peli vs. Blim 80/20
DPP: Highlord vs. BKC 75/25
ADV: p2 vs. Finchinator 50/50
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. elodin 55/45

USM: ict vs. KyogreF4N 75/25
USM: squinn vs. EternalSnowman 50/50
USM: Mysterious M vs. Hamhamhamham 55/45
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. Vileman 55/45
BW: FLCL vs. Edgar 75/25
DPP: Stone_Cold vs. Hack 70/30
ADV: Terracotta vs. Exiline 65/35
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. March Fires 90/10

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Upon popular unrest following my lack of predictions, I have decided to drop my thoughts on the matchups for this week:

Defiant Durians (4) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (4)

USM: PurpleGatorade vs. Garay oak - SM highlight this week, no doubt. Both incredible players (both still undefeated this year too, with PG carrying over his streak from last year), so this should be a treat to watch and could go either way. However, Gary has been on a crazy tear lately and I just think his SM is on another level right now, so he should maintain his undefeated streak for another week, at least until he faces the Bannedits and gets destroyed for abandoning his true team (Highlord is also dropping some serious bad wishes on PG and that man has some crazy black magic on his side so yeah).
USM: KratosMana vs. Pearl - I did predict anti to be the surprise performer this year before the tournament, thinking he'd put up a really good record due to how good of a player he usually is. However, his playing hasn't been quite there yet so far this UPL while Pearl is an extremely competent SM Ubers player (exceptional mons player in general) and sent Serial packing last week, as expected. Pretty hard to predict anything other than a Pearl win here, to be honest, but maybe his opponent can surprise us and give us a glimpse of the same anti that Bandits (and Durians by extension) had so high on their draft boards.
USM: byronthewellwell vs. skysolo14 - Both great players who should have enough support in their corners to prep appropriately and bring solid teams. Nonetheless, I believe solo is the more polished player, at least in SM, so he should be able to edge this one out as long as he plays to his usual level. The real prediction here is figuring out if the aussie will be able to schedule and/or if either of these will be subbed out (activity is as much of a win condition as anything these days, just ask leru).
ORAS: Reje vs. LucosDICampos - Reje is not going to play, that's a fact. So when rozes or whoever else gets subbed into this spot (hopefully not Gondra again) has to prep for Lucos and more importantly for Astounded, they're going to have some troubles due to how random and weird their teams have been this tour. That coupled with the fact that Lucos is a solid ORAS player (even though he hasn't exactly been amazing this UPL playing-wise) should be enough to get the Jirachis ORAS over whoever is filling in for the Durians this week.
BW: Kebabe vs. ZoroDark - Kebabe is just the better BW Ubers player and is far more consistent and accomplished in the tier so I'm giving him the edge here (I'm excited to see what unmon he makes use of this week though). At the same time, I predicted against Zoro last week and he showed up by grabbing his first win, so props to him for that, maybe he'll do it again this week. You just never know when it comes to "UP: The Tier".
DPP: M Dragon vs. lax - M Dragon has been quietly putting up good numbers and performances for a couple years now in DPP Ubers and is definitely one of the best oldgens players on Smogon (even though he is currently on a 2-game skid in UPL), which makes me believe he should be able to use his superior metagame knowledge and teambuilding capabilities to firmly dispatch lax, who's definitely becoming an exceptional Pokemon player in his own right but hasn't shown that same prowess just yet when it comes to DPP Ubers.
ADV: Kushalos vs. Melle2402 - Might seem like a bit of an upset pick, especially considering how high I usually am on Melle, but Kushalos is extremely capable in ADV and still has zf's support to boot while Melle looked a bit sluggish last week against the Exiline, which might be a bad sign for weeks to come. Should be a fun and entertaining game but I'm counting on a second meal sauced up by the chef in just as many weeks.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): TDK vs. Lasen - TDK looked lively and played some good games last week while Lasen has yet to justify going for so much this year (other than his exceptional meme making abilities), considering his lack of results beforehand. After being rocked around for a couple weeks, he should find his home in this slot with a solid knowledge of all 3 metas, so lets hope he can find his footing sooner rather than later and give TDK a run for his money, which is something I don't currently see happening.

Luminous Lunalas (5) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (3)

USM: Chill Shadow vs. Eternal Spirit - Both quality players, I just feel like CS has a broader understanding of the intricacies of SM Ubers and has had a quiet but solid tournament while ES hasn't quite impressed me in his 2 games so far. Both are competent players and should give us all a reason to tune in whenever they decide to play.
USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Megazard - Even though I'm repeating myself for a second week in a row, I feel like Goat Heart ♥ is a one trick pony and just doesn't possess the versatility to be anything more than a one-dimensional role player for the Lunalas, while Megazard has shown time and time again that he can win games of Ubers, especially when it comes to SM (just don't play him in ORAS and we'll all be fine). Shouldn't be too hard for him to overcome his opponent this week, as long as Sarah doesn't let him load up some dogshit. FREE PAYCARD PLEASE!
USM: Leru vs Plas - Dodging shenanigans aside, leru gets results when he does decide to play so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt this week and saying he will not only play his game but also win his game against Plas, who's been quietly doing a good job recently in several tours, but has yet to show any signs of long term consistency.
ORAS: Aishia vs. Serga - Aishia has been solid enough in ORAS while Serga has been quite poor, so not much else to say here. She should take this one quite handily unless Sarah goes the Ruiners route and hands Serga a wheel of cheese with which he could maybe steal a clutch win with.
BW: Peli vs. Blim - Despite his extremely lucky game last week which should have probably been an L at the hands of flcl, Blim is still an extremely skilled BW player with a solid approach to the metagame and an undefeated 3-0 record to boot while it feels like Peli has just been thrown out there by dominatio without much to hold onto with the sole mission of not getting embarassed by Blimlax. Maybe he'll surprise us and survive but I heavily doubt it.
DPP: Highlord vs. BKC - Both quality players who should give us all a tight and interesting affair. I'm going with my gut and picking the hot hand in this one but maybe Kev is the one to finally end Highlord's magical string of results (bonus points if he does it with BP himself). This is a must-watch for anyone who enjoys a good game of DPP.
ADV: p2 vs. Finchinator - Finch is a great player and has seemingly found his home in ADV of all things after a rough spell in SM, playing to a good level and balancing ideas handed to him by his professor MM2 while p2 seems to be working alone in the Lunalas camp with not much inspiration after coming back from his tourban. p2 has been a shell of his former ADV self while Finch has been critical to his team's limited success this year (with the help of some chilling luck of course), so I'm going with everyone's favourite bushy eyebrows on this one.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. elodin - I've never seen elodin play ORAS Ubers but he did a good job last week in SM and his BW is also good, so I could definitely see an upset brewing in this one. On the other side, Poek has been an established UPL name for a while now and has never had troubles winning his games (even though that was mostly limited to only ORAS) so I believe he should handle the less experienced opposition for his team with some trouble.

Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): TDK vs. Lasen - TDK looked lively and played some good games last week while Lasen has yet to justify going for so much this year (other than his exceptional meme making abilities), considering his lack of results beforehand. After being rocked around for a couple weeks, he should find his home in this slot with a solid knowledge of all 3 metas, so lets hope he can find his footing sooner rather than later and give TDK a run for his money, which is something I don't currently see happening.
not a word against my man :puff:
GO THUNDERGOD L A S E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)