Tournament Ubers Premier League VII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

(art by Kaiju Bunny)

Welcome to UPL VII, here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

To help handle all DC cases you will need to submit your teams to the UPL host before the match. You do not have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. It's a simple procedure that removes most subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team you are using at anytime before the match takes place. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the player (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

792.png
385.png

Luminous Lunalas (5) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (2)

USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Lasen
USM: Leru vs. lax
USM: Aishia vs. skysolo14
ORAS: Poek vs. LucosDICampos
BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark
DPP: Highlord vs. fourmi
ADV: p2 vs. Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Chill Shadow vs. Pearl

DEADLINE IS MAY 19th AT 11:59 PM PST

Last edited:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As many have noticed the user dream has made predictions every week thus far in this upl. While they have been adequate The Iron Man Of Predictions is here to show everyone how it's done by predicting how this year's semi-final shall go:

Luminous Lunalas (1) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (7) - We Dragceus now.

USM: Goat Heart 2665.png vs. Lasen - Thunderking Lasen will have a vicious mindset going into this battle, wanting to rip the 2665.png out of Goat Heart 2665.png so that no others thus forward shall refer to him as Goat Heart 2665.png again. While Goat Heart 2665.png wields the mighty Blast Burn Fireceus he is not it's true user, Aurora.

USM: Leru vs. lax - While Leru is a seasoned, experienced Übers mainstay by now lax is one of the most clutchingest players on Smogon right now. His tournamant stats and records declare this as fax.

USM: Aishia vs. skysolo14 - 18k>16.5k

ORAS: Poek vs. LucosDICampos - Astounded has completed the final union and has fused with Lucos to become Lucostounded. While Poek is Jesus Astounded is ORAS Übers' Guardian God.

BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark - With his mighty Deoxys-S, Xclus|Zorodark will revert to his 2012 PO ladderhero days and get up layers like the best of them.

DPP: Highlord vs. fourmi - Highlord has been a top threat in Diamond Pearl Platinum Übers the last two UPLs. However [Dragceus]Gastrik has trained in the mountains and his Match-Up Meteors will make Professional Diamond Pearl Platinum Übers player Absdaddy proud.

ADV: p2 vs. Melle2402 - The game transipres as such: Melle gets major hax early game giving himself a big advantage. He types with his sweaty hands into the chat "MELLOAT". P2 counters this with his own unfortunate yet minor luck. Melle will then tilt his way to a loss and say "You so lucky".

Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Chill Shadow vs. Pearl - The highlight of the week as expected from the prestige of the BO3 slot. Both players have numerous advantages here. Ruiners Manager vs Ruiners Superstar. USM Übers SSNL winner vs the only USM Übers Grand Slam winner. ORAS Übers Cup finalist vs 2-0ing a BW Übers Cup finalist last week. As such I was ready to consult the mighty coin for this battle however my Iron Coin shined with the radience of a Pearl before I could utilize it's power. That made the decision clear.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
idk how even noticed this but fuck you this annoyed me

USM: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Lasen - he gonna pull up with giratina lugia on webs just to shut down dream and his "1 dimensional player" talk
USM: Leru vs. lax - both strong player, and although their last meeting went comfortably the other way, lax has an opportunity to be better prepared and he doesn't play too passive and give leru an early lead, he might just win cos the tiebreaker was leru's first close game this upl
USM: Aishia vs. skysolo14 - after getting slapped by pg, solo should be able to continue his amazing run in ubers and the confidence can do wonders in a game see 2 posts below
ORAS: Poek vs. LucosDICampos - apparently lucos will "outprep" again and since he apparently can't get unlucky either, he should be fine
BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark - though zoro is alex's only win and should give him confidence, i think zoro will finally bring some super techs after getting caught off guard by one after another. and despite zoro's record, he hasn't played that bad, while alex's other 2 games saw him getting lucky to keep it even for a while
DPP: Highlord vs. fourmi - i love gastrik but wtf is he doing here first in usm then in dpp stop using him like a lab rat
ADV: p2 vs. Melle2402 - p2 been on a roll and surprisingly this matchup didn't happen in regular season cos pearl took it on himself to start jirachis adv win. p2 will claim revenge and continue his streak while melle hasn't been the most stable
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Chill Shadow vs. Pearl - unless cs preps bw only with peli, i think pearl has a slight edge in all and has had a great run jumping through slots.

Last edited:

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
USM: Goat Heart vs Lasen bold call expecting Lasen to win but GH is just as unimpressive
USM: Leru vs lax
USM: Aishia vs skysolo14 the boy.
ORAS: Poek vs LucosDiCampos better player wins despite what some may think
BW: Alex Walls vs ZoroDark alex is Underrated
DPP: Highlord vs fourmi gastrik's dpp is probably as good as my coat hanger's but there's nothing i want to see more than highlord to get haxed hard and lose
ADV: p2 vs Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Chill Shadow vs Pearl

TheUndeclared243

Banned deucer.
Go Lunaloats!

General thoughts and predictions on the games this week:

Goat Heart vs. Lasen. Not sure why everyone is predicting Goat Heart to lose against Lasen. Goat Heart has had a very good record this UPL, earning clutch wins for his team, while Lasen's performances have left more to be desired. I think Goat Heart is the very clear favorite going into this game. He's shown that he's a strong player, and his replays show that he is anything but one-dimensional (I have absolutely no idea where this criticism came from). Lasen, on the other hand, has not given any noteworthy performances anytime recently. However, anything is possible, and if Lasen is able to prove me wrong, then good on him!

Leru vs. lax. In my eyes, is the highlight of the week. Leru had a clean win against lax the first time they met, so I think he gets the edge for the rematch as well. Could go either way though.

Aishia vs. skysolo14. Aishia has had some good performances, but she's playing a new generation here. On the other hand, skysolo has had fantastic performances in USM this UPL. Just based on that, I think skysolo gets the edge, but I really have no idea what Aishia's USM game is like, so this prediction is kind of a shot in the dark.

Poek played an excellent game against LucosDiCampos. Dominance. That being said, LucosDiCampos has had a great UPL run thus far. Looking forward to seeing more from both players.

Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark. I don't know anything about either of these players, so I'm not going to guess here. I know that Alex Walls won the last meeting, and I'm a firm believer in confidence as a motivator during a game (any game, sport, or activity, not just Pokemon), but I really have no idea.

Highlord vs. fourmi. As an Ubers room regular, I've seen a lot of Highlord's DPP games, and I don't think that his familiarity with DPP is equalled by anyone in the entire player pool, barring Hack. Clear favorite here.

p2 vs. Melle2402. Both have had some good performances this UPL. I think momentum is in p2's favor, with him having gone 2 for 2 in his last 2 games, whereas Melle has lost 3 of his last 4.

Chill Shadow vs. Pearl. Both players have done very well this UPL, but I think Pearl is in better shape regarding this slot, with Chill Shadow not having played old gens at all this UPL. I'd love to see him surprise me with some shining old gen performances though!

Last edited:
Well, it's been a ride and a half, but this'll be where I pull a sweep. There is a slim chance that I'll be back for next year's upl, but that wouldn't be as a player anyways

First I'll stick to thanking all my teammates for this year's edition of Übers Premier League:
Astounded - Of course I have to start it off with you. Man, did we build a lot of shit together. You gave me back the love I had lost for ORAS, and I think that was vice versa. Real recognizes real, and let me tell you my man, you're a true goat.

Level 56 - It's my second year under you and it was fun all the same. The testgames vs you every week were honestly some of the most fun games I've ever had on this site. Level, to me you are and will always be the man.

Lasen - You didn't play your greatest, but in the end it's all fun and games so don't beat yourself up about it. You helped the team out tons, and you would still be a homie even if you were 0-100.

Pearl - The newborn SPL champ and fellow lover of Lance's books. You've been as great and as involved with this one as the previous editions where we were teammates. Always involved and helping out and almost pulled an iron man too, nothing but love.

skysolo14 - Can't be forgetting about my son. Goat of the new age with an amazing performance, but more importantly, a great friend.

Garay oak - It's been a blast getting to know you, too bad you able to stick around until the end. It's been great having you around and I hope everything goes well for you.

lax - Another SPL winner. You weren't the most active guy around, but when it was time to play you pulled up not questions asked. Amazing player and it was fun having you around.

fourmi - French sloth boss and my designated oras testing partner in the early stages of the tournament. You've been real fun to have around, it's been a pleasure.

Ismakhil - The new guy on the block. Hope you'll do well in the future, you're a great guy and deserve it.

Melle2402 - The one and only Mr. Bacon Hands. ADV legend and if they tell you otherwise just spam :melloat: :melloat:

And at last but definitely not least I want to thank Blim Mr.378 WreckDra and iry for helping us out in playoffs, it's been fun having you guys around and appreciate the help. Too bad we couldn't take it all the way.

Good luck to everyone in finals, hope yall have some fun ggs.

Furthermore I want to thank all the users that have made my time on this site enjoyable. I couldn't even begin to name everyone and even if I made an attempt to, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to name even half of you. Besides, a lot of you must be dead by now too. I'll be changing my smogon password and with due time, discord might be a goner too, who knows. It's been a blast people, peace.

https://pokepast.es/9ae9c3cc8f276339
A favorite among the teams I've made this tournament, it beats down on the so called "perfect" oras sample ho. Should have a solid match-up vs almost everything else too, have fun using it. S/o Gliscor for being the most underrated lead of the century.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)