Tournament Ubers Premier League VII Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The seventh UPL season will be starting off by selecting team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to manage a team – all other posts will be deleted. In general, returning managers will be given priority, but in the end we will be selecting the managers that we believe will make for the best UPL. You must signup in this thread to manage. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months) and be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time.

The tiers that will be featured this year are:

- USM (Best of Three)
- USM
- USM
- ORAS
- BW
- DPP
- ADV
- WILDCARD

The wildcard slot is to be voted on by the selected managers.

Manager Rules For Taking Over UPL Teams:

Taking over a UPL team from last year means that you are using its name and retention rights for this season, and requires at least one of the following sets of credentials:

- You were the team’s manager last year
- You were part of the team’s legacy in at least one year (manager, assistant manager, player, substitute) and last year’s manager does not object
- You have received explicit permission from last year’s manager and said manager has confirmed with me

The same credentials apply if you wish to take over a prior UPL team that did not exist last year, however, you will only be given its name (no retention rights). Meeting one of these credentials does not necessarily mean you will be selected to manage a team. If two qualified managers request the same team, the one with the superior credentials outlined above will be selected.

If you do not meet at least one of these credentials or wish to form a new team, you are required to select a brand new name (subject to approval), and will also have no retention rights. This rule is in effect so that new teams are not arbitrarily given a better set of defunct team retention rights as compared to another new team. Remember, retains exist to reward the scouting of new talent and to promote team legacy.

Team Legacy Establishment:

Teams that have participated in UPL at least 3 consecutive years will be given legacy status. This means that their names can no longer be overwritten. As of now, two teams have legacy status: DaReal Drizzlers and The Defiant Durians.

Signing Up:

At minimum you must include the following in your post. If you do not yet have an assistant manager, leave it blank and edit when selected. Have your assistant manager confirm by liking the post. An assistant manager is not required, but highly encouraged.

Assistant Manager:
Desired Team or New Team Name:
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role):
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role):
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified):

Signups will be open at least until March 10th, with selection before player signups are posted.

Last edited:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The Iron Man of Ubers is here
Assistant Manager: Iron Man absdaddy
Desired Team or New Team Name: Alolan Mukkers (I wish to change the name to Devastating Dialgas)
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I played for the original version of this team, the Soul Dew Strongs, in UPL 3, Managed the team the next two years, and played for them and was a general center of the team alongside my assman Absdaddy once again last upl. Absdaddy is also a veteran to upl having played in every edition of the tournament since upl 3 and has been with me in particular since upl 5.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've played in many team tours including upl and spl and have done so for around 4-5 years now. In terms of managing other then the aforementioned years in upl I managed in pocl twice and made playoffs both years.
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): Other then being the Iron Man Of Ubers, a man capable of playing every ubers generation at a high level, I've been in the Ubers community for many years now playing and managing in many tournaments over the years my most recent being a top 4 slot in the Ubers Fall Seasonal. UPL 3 was the first team tournament I participated in on Smogon and it and this team mean a lot to me as a result. If I manage the team once more it will be my fifth year on it in some form and this year we will be stronger then ever and win.

Last edited:
Assistant Manager: Poek
Desired Team: Arii Stella has given me permission to take the Luminous Lunalas
Past UPL Experience: played in UPL IV for the Drizzlers, played in UPL V for the Grand Helix Fossils and played in UPL VI for the Lunalas
Significant Team Tour Experience: played in multiple upls, played ubers in POWC, played ubers twice in BLT a few years back. Poek is also a UPL veteran, going 11-1 across two years, has played in both SPL and WCOP, and has managed a team to victory in the Snake Draft.
Bio: ubers has been my main tier for about four years now, and I've participated in many individual and team tours, getting far in both oras and sm tours. i also won the sm kickoff tour and was a finalist in the oras cup. i play sm, oras, and bw at a high level and have a decent understanding of dpp and adv. i get along well with almost everyone and have also been pretty involved in the community, I currently moderate the ubers room and formerly served on the qc team. i had an amazing time last year and have a special attachment to my team, and believe we will overcome our shortcomings this year and take home the competition.

Last edited:
man has it really been 6 years...

Assistant Manager: Melee Mewtwo
Desired Team or New Team Name: DaReal Drizzlers
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Played UPLs 2 (Drizzlers) and 3 (Durians), won 3. Managed the Drizzlers in UPLs 4, 5, and 6.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): See above. I won the last edition of the prestigious MUTE, if that wasn't enough. It could do it on its own.
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): My experience playing, creating, managing, and leading for Ubers for close to 6 years leads me to believe I'd make a great returning manager! Most of these traits also apply to MM2, where as a duo we cover all the generations.

Assistant Manager: Terracotta
Desired Team or New Team Name: Salamence Street Fighters.
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Played for muks in upl 6.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): UPL 6 semis and Finals of UGTT3.
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): Ubers championship finalist. Probably(not sure) the most most USM seasonal rounds (3 seasonals combined) last year. Extensive old gen experience in every single one (3-6), and i actually played them substantially except oras, when they were the main tiers and i'm well versed with the intricacies of each one(refer to championship/cup replays for proficiency). I can contribute in each and every tier, something I'm sure not many people could say. My assistant manager Terracotta was a Seasonal finalist and also an Ubers Championship invitee. His teams have had extensive use in every USM tour by various players. We've been playing continuously and we're well versed with the meta trends and player inclinations due to the vast number of tours we've played. We've also been active community contributors and are members of the VR and samples council. We've been talking about this for a long time and we're both going to be 100% active and tend to each and every generation because we cover the intricacies of all of them.

Last edited:

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Assistant Manager: Astounded
Desired Team or New Team Name: Jubilant Jirachis
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Played in upl 2 (fossils) and upl 3 (genesects). Managed the fossils in upl 4 / 5 and Jirachis in upl 6.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): Have played in many team tours including spl and ssd through out my time on smogon. Outside of managing in upl thrice, I have also managed in the second addition of ssd.
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): Ubers has been my main tier ever since I started playing mons competitively. Am capable of playing all generations of Ubers at the highest level and through out my Ubers career, I have been able to achieve strong results in both individual and team tours. I know the community quite well and know how all of this works so would like to return as a manager n_n

Edit: got an assistant manager

Last edited:

Sharow

水上
is a Tiering Contributor
Assistant Manager : KyogreF4N

Desired Team or New Team Name : I will lead Choice Bandits this year.

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role) : UPL 2018 as player.

Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role) : Finalist of smogon snake draft 2018, semi-finalist in smogon exhibition 2018.

Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified) : I am the last winner of an ubers games in smogon major tournament and one of the most actives ubers players in smogon and i know the playerbase very well. My assistant played in SSD too and we are capable of building and playing each generations at good level.

edit : i have the blessing of TTG to manage bandits.

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Assistant Manager: steelskitty

Desired Team or New Team Name: Luminous Lunalas (if we can't get it for whatever reason, we'd like to bring back steelskitty's Soviet Skymins in place of another team as a backup option)

Past UPL Experience: In regards to taking over the Lunalas themselves, I played and made UPL finals with this franchise back in UPL V as a player while Steel has managed this franchise back in UPL III, meaning there is absolutely no duo more qualified to take the Lunalas all the way after 2 years of bitter second place results. Otherwise, I've played in UPL VI with the Drizzlers (Steel was also on this team), while he also participated and won UPL II with the Grand Helix Fossils as a player.

Significant Team Tour Experience: Ever since joining Smogon in 2016, my experience with tournaments is mostly tied to team tournaments, that being my main area of influence, having played in 2 UPLs now, won last ROAPL with the Porygons, won last ROA Olympics with US East (played both tournaments twice too) as well as a plethora of great records and participation across other sub-forum/cross-site team tournaments (OURPL/POWC/POCL/PPL). Meanwhile, my co-manager is a team tournament veteran, having competed in UPL thrice (won once as a player in UPL II and achieved a 3rd place finish as a manager in UPL III), having made SPL finals in SPL VI (with a personal record of 7-4 in Ubers), winning WCOP X with US East, as well as similarly being involved with other smaller sub-forums/communities (OUPL IV finalist, ROAPL IV winner, ROA Olympics finalist, etc.) in terms of tournaments.

Bio: Both of us have always breathed Ubers throughout all our time on Smogon. In terms of involvement, we've both been extremely active members of this community, with Steel having been an XY/ORAS/BW Ubers QC member, a HRUC member, an undefeated Ubers stadium champion, a BOTW/POTW host as well as his multiple tournament involvements (finalist in both DPP and BW Ubers cups, Ubers Open III finalist, multiple strong seasonal finishes). I have similarly always been extremely diligent and involved when it comes to moving this tier forward, being an Ubers PS Room, Discord server and forums Moderator, an Ubers Tiering Council Member, a long-time circuit tournament host as well as being involved with pretty much every aspect of this tier within many other areas of Smogon (especially tournaments and social media). I have tried my hand at some individual tournaments within Ubers too, being the sole Atheist Grandpas tournament winner and participating in pretty much every ORAS/DPP tour for the past two years.

We believe our duo brings a unique blend of tournament experience, proficiency in all Ubers generations, player/personality management capabilities and approachability that is imperative for any manager duo. We're both people that get along extremely well with most if not all of the community, have the knowledge to support every single slot on our team between ourselves and more importantly can be trusted to not only be active for the tournament's duration but also uphold the competitive integrity of this tournament. We're ready to bring it home!

Assistant Manager: Lazy_Bread27 cuz greentee didnt want to assman with me
Desired Team or New Team Name: Gothenburg Garchomps
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I dont have exp
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): USM, ORAS
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): I am a man, 19 yrs old and i want to qualify
because i want to prove to people that I am a true Competitive Battling player that I can manage
stuff with other people.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Assistant Manager: Djokra
Desired Team or New Team Name: Tin Tower Ho-Oh's or I'll take any team with a previous managers permission
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): UPL 5 w/ The Defiant Durians, UPL 6 w/ The Drizzlers (Player in both)
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): Played in Smogon Snake draft for The Terminus Taipans and SPL for Team Raiders. Management: I managed in the Smogon Exhibition II and made playoffs. Djokra has also been a manager for a handful of team tournaments currently managing in 1v1PL and she has a good degree of experience of managing a team.
Bio (who you are and why you’re qualified): I have a vast knowledge of every generation of Ubers in the tournament and being able to play or build for each of them. I am a dedicated team player and willing to dedicate to the tournament and all my players.

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
After careful consideration, I have decided to withdraw my managerial application from ooBers Premier League VII. Upon deliberation with two-time UPL winner and former The Defiant Durians manager Pohjis, we have elected obii to represent us this season. Obii has had several successful manager runs in tours such as SPL, and most recently Snake Draft. He has also been a vital member of the Defiant Durians the past two seasons and has propelled the recruitment of top talent. Obii also has significant experience building in USM / ORAS and has built teams at the highest level for many top Ubers players. In fact, Obii has had the chance to work with Ubers players in UPL, SPL, Snake Draft & Smogon Exhibition.

The Defiant Durians is in great hands of one capable Obii Wan and will surely continue its dominating, destructive performance from previous seasons.

Assman: TBA. Kindly send your assman application to me on Discord.

wow reacts only for obii

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be closing this thread later today. If you've signed up to manage, make sure your assman is in good tournament/community standing and ensure both of your credentials are effectively communicated in your post. Selection and team assignment will occur within the next few days.

Thanks everyone for signing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)