Tournament Ubers Premier League VII - Finals (Won by the Defiant Durians)

p2

Banned deucer.
jeff couldnt stop me
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-443684

for real though thanks Dominatio for drafting me in this considering how sketchy my adv was after coming back after not playing it for nearly 2 years lmao, thanks for sticking with me even though i had a rough start and finally got back into the groove of things in the later weeks. it was tough coming back to adv due to lack of people to test with on the team and testing doesn't exactly work after a couple of times since the entire team is known xd. im not gonna make a whole massive post but all my teammates were great, enjoyed the past few weeks with you guys, hopefully we can play again next year. massive shoutout to hyw for helping me get back up to speed with adv, i don't think i would have managed to bring myself back into the meta without your help, beast

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
Yeah i know we lost weeks ago but who gives a damn

Good UPL games wise, good vibes til the last weeks.
Not enough interesting drama (UPL 2 anyone?)
Shout-outs to my team for being legends, feels like we could've done more but still good showing.

Mad props to Mr.378 for letting me assman, you're the best brother

GGs to Durians for yet another win, at least it ain't Lunalas wink wink

Same time same place next year, behave til then children or Papi won't be happy :-)

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Just wanna give a shoutout to the boys for pulling another UPL win. Didn't think I'd be #blessed to be part of this incredible franchise when I made my manager sign-up post in 2017. Big respect to TDK for being hella solid this upl and being close to perfect play wise in 3 different tiers. Props to the Byron for managing to peak after 7 years and PG for another dominant performance. The bounce back after losing to the Dreams in week 2 was something special.

Although i'm not the active Uber player I once was, I just wanna say that year after year when $clout$ tournament players sign up for UPL they have historically enjoyed the tier and games. Whether it was Omfuga and gang in UPL IV, or tHe JeRk this year, it's evident that the problem with Ubers is not the quality of the tier, but in fact the tumor that is its playerbase. In regard to that, a conscious effort is being made by the higher-ups (TL + managers) to ensure The Trap God and co. are excluded and practically exiled from the tier. The clause this year inhibiting 2019 registered players from signing up is an indicator of the efforts being made. Consequently, it would be nice if a certain pair of tournament directors reciprocated by not drafting botmans every year.

One would think a tier axed from all major Smogon tours would be struggling internally, but that is not the case. Ubers continues generating new talent regularly that is capable of playing at the highest level. It is a shame if this talent is squandered because of preconceived notions of the tournament community and lack of open-mindedness. I understand and acknowledge the sentiment of Ubers' removal from Grand Slam, but if its prohibited from Snake/SPL II after the spectacle that was this UPL, it will be utterly disappointing. Go ahead and delete the tier in that case.

Might as well add Durians to the Hall of Fame and reset UPL next year to give teams a fair chance:mehowth:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)