Ubers Premier League I [Manager Sign-ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Hey everybody! I'm gonna keep this really short. With Smogon's Premier League over, and other tiers pulling their own Premier League off, it's time it will come to the best tier of all. Much like the SPL we all know, this will be a team tournament. There will be 8 teams, consisting 7 players and 2 substitutes, whereas each player will play in a different phase of the Ubers metagame. The metagames will be BW2 Standard, DPP Pre-Arceus, and ADV, and still undecided on, BW1 Standard.

However, to start a team tournament, you must have teams. And to have teams, you must have managers. So, this thread is just for those wanting to get the chance to manage a team. Please post here that (1) you're interested in managing a team. Note that there's a possibility you will not be able to play, and there's a possibility that you will be able to play, so (2) please include your desire to play or not. Doing so will help me decide the line-up for the greater good. If you (3) feel like you require an assistant manager, feel free to post one person you wish to make your assistant manager.

Start thinking on your team's name as well. Have at it, boys!

I'm interested in managing a team. I'll play if necessary, but I'd prefer not too. If anyone reading this would be interested in being my assistant manager, PM me on IRC and i'll edit your username in this post. :)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm interested in managing a team, but my knowledge of uber battling pre arceus is non existent so I won't participate unless absolutely necessary.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I'm interested. Talked to you via pm already :>

I don't mind playing if I need to. I'm not going to let that affect my availability though!

Also I'd still use Novaray as my assistant manager, if I need one.

And I'd keep that name we came up with on irc because pro name

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
You should really only be signing up if you plan to try and manage a team to a championship. It's not very fair to the roster you will put together, or even your opposition who expect good matches.

If you don't feel confident in your knowledge of Ubers players, or even the metagame, I'd advise not signing up for a managing position.

I take it i missed sign ups.
I'd love to manage. I have never managed a PL team before, so if I do make it, I could just use some pointers.
Would love to, love the Ubers Meta

jrp

Banned deucer.
I wouldn't mind managing a team myself. The team I choose may or may not be that competitive, but being a manager would be fun! I would play.

Note to Syrim: I am confident in my knowledge of the Ubers metagame and know some good players. I do not, however, plan on taking any players HackHeMust wants out of respect, so the best players I know will likely wind up on his team.
So basically you're saying "Hack he must must get all good players on his team"

what a great winning strategy

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PTR, if you plan on trolling this project as well, despair right away as I will be watching every single move of your followers with seven eyes.

I want to be a manager. Would like to play but nbd, and I would like an assman but idk who yet

Edit: I'd like TGMD to be my assman c:

Why would you care about anyone else's teams'? If anything, you want to try to make their team worse, and take players they were eyeing.

Anyways, I would manage if need be. If Furai is managing, I just want to donk him!

oh yah hsa too..

jrp

Banned deucer.
I know probably 20-30 very good players that regularly play on Pokemon Showdown. I am confident I could form a highly competitive team without interfering with Hack's or anyone else's teambuilding process. I also know several newer players that have a lot of potential but are still learning the game. With just a little more training, they would be ready for the Premier League (which sounds like fun by the way! I am still new to Smogon/Pokemon Showdown). If I came across as being overly modest, I regret it.
that is not how the system works

i can manage if u need me, i wont take any good players from hsa tho cuz hes my friend. dont care if i play or not

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
I just want to make a quick question: were the signups already decided for the remaining team members? (a bit out of context, sorry)

Furai

Alright, we have the 8 teams I wanted! :)

The following users are the first UPL's managers:
  1. Go10
  2. Faint
  3. jonathanrp / Novaray
  4. Hack He Must
  5. MOET / The Great Mighty Doom
  6. Princess Bri
  7. HSA / Steven Snype
  8. soviet / Lavos Spawn

@Princess Bri: As much as I wanted to, I will not manage a team. Rather, I will manage you all :)

@Butterfly Aizen: Complete line-up will be up in the Players Sign-ups which will go up later today, as soon as I can.

@Santuga: Players Sign-ups will be up as soon as I can today.

MANAGERS, think of your team name and PM me it once you come up with one. If you still didn't pick an assman and you want to, do that and let me know who the lucky guy is.

I've got nothing else to add. Good luck to your teams! I'm sure it will be a nice kick-off season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)