Metagame Ubers Metagame and Set Discussion v1 - Uncharted Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Gen 6 legendaries (technically mythicals but w/e) returning with HOME are Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion. Given GF's history with making box legends available, it's not impossible that Zyg returns with DLC though.
This hurts me. They're gonna skip out on the Raid Boss™️ and bacon bird, but we get Hoopa???

No need to assume stuff, you were very close to spreading misinformation
I genuinely didn't know we weren't getting Aura Trio, i just figured it made sense because we're getting every legendary trio before them. I still don't understand why GameFreak does this.

I genuinely didn't know we weren't getting Aura Trio, i just figured it made sense because we're getting every legendary trio before them. I still don't understand why GameFreak does this.
They'll probably be brought back in the DLC just like in past gens. Anyway, how do you guys think the new additions will shape the Ubers metagame? The addition of the Weather Trio will certainly be interesting considering Koraidon's partial reign over the tier currently.

They'll probably be brought back in the DLC just like in past gens. Anyway, how do you guys think the new additions will shape the Ubers metagame? The addition of the Weather Trio will certainly be interesting considering Koraidon's partial reign over the tier currently.
They won't have affect Koraidon much, if at all. Koraidon resists Kyogre's water STAB, can actually afford to hold Scarf due to having the stats + U-turn, and is faster than Rayquaza naturally. It will be as dominant as it is now, if not more.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
They won't have affect Koraidon much, if at all. Koraidon resists Kyogre's water STAB, can actually afford to hold Scarf due to having the stats + U-turn, and is faster than Rayquaza naturally. It will be as dominant as it is now, if not more.
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon in Sun: 67-80 (19.6 - 23.4%)
252 SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon in Sun: 111-132 (32.5 - 38.7%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 360-424 (105.5 - 124.3%)

it's kinda like a eternatus situation in SS where it can somewhat pivot into scarf but gets absolutely destroyed by specs

252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon in Sun: 67-80 (19.6 - 23.4%)
252 SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon in Sun: 111-132 (32.5 - 38.7%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Koraidon: 360-424 (105.5 - 124.3%)

it's kinda like a eternatus situation in SS where it can somewhat pivot into scarf but gets absolutely destroyed by specs
It doesn't need to switch into Kyogre. That's what Eternatus is for. Koraidon is an offensive check to the weather trio, not defensive.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
some pre-home meta sets I want to highlight that I've been really liking recently.

Miraidon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 156 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor / Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

Yes, this is the sample set. But I've found myself gravitating towards it a lot more recently. It is one of the few things on BO that can pivot directly into Chi-Yu and force it out, while maintaining offensive power + the ability to pivot around.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock

Pretty standard Scarf Flutter set as well. I just didn't really believe this until I tried it out, and it feels genuinely quite good. I respect it, and the speed control it provides is truly quite ridiculous, especially under Sun. Great safety net against offense.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Earthquake

In the wake of all the Clod/Pex/Corv cores that fold to Taunt Koraidon, here's another fat trio killer. EVs retain the bulk aspect under Sun to check Koraidon, while also outspeeding Gothitelle.

Hope home comes soon and may tspikes etern save us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)