Gen 3 Ubers - <insert cool name here>

:bw/Kyogre: :bw/latios: :bw/mewtwo: :bw/metagross: :bw/Snorlax: :bw/groudon:
Link to the team is in the sprites.

Howdy all, my name is Sagdiyev and I like gen 3 ubers. With the RoA spotlight on one of my favorite tiers to play, I’d like to be able to show old gen enthusiasts a nice tier to play until you play baton pass.

This team takes a bulky offensive route instead of a pure frail one, using the turns generated from forcing switches by being able to take a hit to set up dangerous threats in the metagame.

THE GROUP

:bw/kyogre:
fish. (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam​
Substituting Kyogre. It takes the lead slot to set the tempo of the game, being a seemingly rain focused one to shut down sun. Although it may not have the best matchup against the common lead Latios, it has a really good one against Groudon and Mewtwo.

96 Special Attack EVs in tandem with a modest nature OHKOs 0 / 0 lead Mewtwo, however you will likely need to take a brutal Thunder before firing an attack.

The 30 Speed IVs means that most Groudon, even variants without speed investment will have their sunny parade rained on. Since Kyogre will likely be slower than them, Drizzle will activate after Drought.

Outside of the lead slot, 252 HP EVs gives the whale 404 HP, allowing it to conjure 101 HP Substitutes, rendering Blissey’s Seismic Toss semi-useless. The rest of the EVs are put into Defense.

Kyogre should not stay in against Latios, or Groudon under the sun. Instead, go to Snorlax for Latios, or your own Latios for Groudon.

Explosion lures have to be watched for. Self-Destruct is on lead Mewtwo, and opponents it would rather set up on, like Metagross and Forretress also carry the move.

:bw/latios:
Turn 11 (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
- Dragon Claw
The weather check. It switches into Kyogre and Groudon and scares them out with potential Thunder or Ice Beam, and uses that chance to get free Calm Minds. A bulkier set is used, which allows it to switch into Blissey better and take more Seismic Tosses.

This set needs a lot of Calm Mind boosts to sweep, however, it can attain them with some ease in a style like Suicune in OU. Teams who use Blissey over Snorlax as their special sponge are semi vulnerable to Latios getting a bajillion CMs up, wile using Refresh and 32 PP Recover to stay healthy.

EVs are optimized to have max HP, and enough speed to outrun 252+ Speed base 90s, like the weather guys, Deoxys-D, and Ho-Oh. The rest of the EVs and nature are dumped into defense. Surprisingly, it can take a Spell Tag Deoxys-A Shadow Ball from full.

:bw/Mewtwo:
STEM (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 204 HP / 84 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam​
Mewtwo’s premiere non-lead set is this brutal SubCM one, which has good bulk, great speed and a special attack stat over 400 before boosting. It uses the turns it generates by threatening out targets like weakened Latios, chipped Kyogre and Forretress to get a Substitute and some CMs.

The EV spread gives Mewtwo 404 HP and 351 Speed, enough to survive Seismic Toss from Blissey and outspeed the eon dragons. The rest of the EVs and the nature are dumped into special attack.
:bw/Snorlax:
REAL SHIT (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Fire Blast
- Body Slam
- Rest​
The primary check to brutal special attackers like Latios and Mewtwo. The other option, Blissey, is much more passive and not suited for offensive teams like this. Curse allows Snorlax to become a slow setup sweeper who can shrug off hits, while Body Slam is the STAB attack of choice to spread potential crippling paralysis. Fire Blast destroys Forretress in non-rain weathers and dents other bulky steels like Metagross and Jirachi. Rest gives Snorlax recovery and allows it to shrug off status.

This spread allows it to eat Latios’s Thunder for breakfast, and can let it keep fishing for paralysis through a barrage of strong moves

:bw/Metagross:
Modern Problems (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: YES
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Explosion​
Toxic Metagross is such a dumb mon, it’s not even funny. Targets it draws in with the exception of Forretress are usually ruined by Toxic. Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, you name it, they don’t want to be hit by status. Exploding at low health also allows for a good 1:1 trade

The given spread allows Metagross to safely switch into Deoxys-A, as long as the moves are not Fire Punch in Sun and Choice Band Superpower. It also allows for 84+ Mewtwo’s +0 Thunder to be a 3HKO.

also always make your supercomputer shiny.

:bw/Groudon:
…but it was I (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide​
The classic paradancer Groudon, but now as an ace in the hole for this rain team. It functions as a secondary switchin to Thunder, and is a great wall breaker which can take hits and dish them back out.
Paralysis is the most brutal part of this set. Even if Groudon itself cannot directly damage it for relevant damage, a paralyzed target for another teammate may be game ending in the right situation.
Thunder Wave targets fast pokemon like Lugia and the eon dragons, and in conjunction with Rock Slide’s flinch rate, can allow for some cheesy ways out. Swords Dance allows for Groudon to become even scarier, doubling its attack. Earthquake is a brutal STAB attack, and will mow through non-resists with ease at +2. Rock Slide hits the levitating Pokémon immune to Earthquake for heavy damage, and allows for some funny hax when targets are paralyzed.

This spread allows for the Continent Pokemon to survive Latios’s +1 Ice Beam, and at +2 Groudon can 2HKO 252 / 200+ Lugia with Rock Slide without Reflect.

THE THREATS
  • Thunder Wave + Calm Mind Kyogre can likely singlehandedly destroy this team, as it can paralyze Mewtwo and Latios, set up on my Kyogre, threaten out Groudon if rain is up and blow past Snorlax and Metagross.​
  • Deoxys-A is also a threat since if Metagross is weakened, I cannot safely switch into it at all. Substitute + Petaya Berry sets are difficult for me to handle.​
  • Sing Blissey. Fuck whoever uses that broken shit.​
  • Baton Pass. Since this team doesn’t have a phaser, it cannot stop chains from going on and passing.​
  • quick claw heracross also exists.
I hope that you enjoy this team and the tier, and I’m glad that even if it’s only for the month, there’s a ladder for people who care about the tier or may be interested.

Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
Very cool Kyogre, I will never expected a Substitute in a Kyogre.
Why you don't teach him Thunder? To combo with his Drizzle ability.
Also, you don't think Water Spout is better then Hydro Pump? Hydro Pump can miss.

Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Fire Blast
- Body Slam
- Rest
A Curse Snorlax with Fire Blast? Also very unnexpected. I would teach Shadow Ball to benefits of the Curse... But I understand this Fireblast can be usefull against metal pokémon, specially if Groundon come before with his Drought ability.

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
- Dragon Claw
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
About Latios and Mewtwo, why you don't teach Psychic to them? Is a stab move very powerfull.

Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
I like your Groundon too much, I think is better than my Groundon who I teach Solar Beam and Flamethrower, but theses moves are very weak since his SATK is not that great. So, a Sword Dance Groundon should be way more effective.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Very cool Kyogre, I will never expected a Substitute in a Kyogre.
Why you don't teach him Thunder? To combo with his Drizzle ability.
Also, you don't think Water Spout is better then Hydro Pump? Hydro Pump can miss.

A Curse Snorlax with Fire Blast? Also very unnexpected. I would teach Shadow Ball to benefits of the Curse... But I understand this Fireblast can be usefull against metal pokémon, specially if Groundon come before with his Drought ability.

About Latios and Mewtwo, why you don't teach Psychic to them? Is a stab move very powerfull.

I like your Groundon too much, I think is better than my Groundon who I teach Solar Beam and Flamethrower, but theses moves are very weak since his SATK is not that great. So, a Sword Dance Groundon should be way more effective.
If you ran Thunder, you'd have to drop one of Surf or Ice Beam. Dropping Ice Beam mean you're walled by Lati@s and dropping Surf means you're way, way weaker. Not having Thunder does suck, but not having one of the above two moves sucks more.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
:bw/Kyogre: :bw/latios: :bw/mewtwo: :bw/metagross: :bw/Snorlax: :bw/groudon:
Link to the team is in the sprites.

Howdy all, my name is Sagdiyev and I like gen 3 ubers. With the RoA spotlight on one of my favorite tiers to play, I’d like to be able to show old gen enthusiasts a nice tier to play until you play baton pass.

This team takes a bulky offensive route instead of a pure frail one, using the turns generated from forcing switches by being able to take a hit to set up dangerous threats in the metagame.

THE GROUP

Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam​
Substituting Kyogre. It takes the lead slot to set the tempo of the game, being a seemingly rain focused one to shut down sun. Although it may not have the best matchup against the common lead Latios, it has a really good one against Groudon and Mewtwo.

96 Special Attack EVs in tandem with a modest nature OHKOs 0 / 0 lead Mewtwo, however you will likely need to take a brutal Thunder before firing an attack.

The 30 Speed IVs means that most Groudon, even variants without speed investment will have their sunny parade rained on. Since Kyogre will likely be slower than them, Drizzle will activate after Drought.

Outside of the lead slot, 252 HP EVs gives the whale 404 HP, allowing it to conjure 101 HP Substitutes, rendering Blissey’s Seismic Toss semi-useless. The rest of the EVs are put into Defense.

Kyogre should not stay in against Latios, or Groudon under the sun. Instead, go to Snorlax for Latios, or your own Latios for Groudon.

Explosion lures have to be watched for. Self-Destruct is on lead Mewtwo, and opponents it would rather set up on, like Metagross and Forretress also carry the move.

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
- Dragon Claw
The weather check. It switches into Kyogre and Groudon and scares them out with potential Thunder or Ice Beam, and uses that chance to get free Calm Minds. A bulkier set is used, which allows it to switch into Blissey better and take more Seismic Tosses.

This set needs a lot of Calm Mind boosts to sweep, however, it can attain them with some ease in a style like Suicune in OU. Teams who use Blissey over Snorlax as their special sponge are semi vulnerable to Latios getting a bajillion CMs up, wile using Refresh and 32 PP Recover to stay healthy.

EVs are optimized to have max HP, and enough speed to outrun 252+ Speed base 90s, like the weather guys, Deoxys-D, and Ho-Oh. The rest of the EVs and nature are dumped into defense. Surprisingly, it can take a Spell Tag Deoxys-A Shadow Ball from full.

Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam​
Mewtwo’s premiere non-lead set is this brutal SubCM one, which has good bulk, great speed and a special attack stat over 400 before boosting. It uses the turns it generates by threatening out targets like weakened Latios, chipped Kyogre and Forretress to get a Substitute and some CMs.

The EV spread gives Mewtwo 404 HP and 351 Speed, enough to survive Seismic Toss from Blissey and outspeed the eon dragons. The rest of the EVs and the nature are dumped into special attack.
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Fire Blast
- Body Slam
- Rest​
The primary check to brutal special attackers like Latios and Mewtwo. The other option, Blissey, is much more passive and not suited for offensive teams like this. Curse allows Snorlax to become a slow setup sweeper who can shrug off hits, while Body Slam is the STAB attack of choice to spread potential crippling paralysis. Fire Blast destroys Forretress in non-rain weathers and dents other bulky steels like Metagross and Jirachi. Rest gives Snorlax recovery and allows it to shrug off status.

This spread allows it to eat Latios’s Thunder for breakfast, and can let it keep fishing for paralysis through a barrage of strong moves

:bw/Metagross:
Modern Problems (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: YES
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Explosion​
Toxic Metagross is such a dumb mon, it’s not even funny. Targets it draws in with the exception of Forretress are usually ruined by Toxic. Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, you name it, they don’t want to be hit by status. Exploding at low health also allows for a good 1:1 trade

The given spread allows Metagross to safely switch into Deoxys-A, as long as the moves are not Fire Punch in Sun and Choice Band Superpower. It also allows for 84+ Mewtwo’s +0 Thunder to be a 3HKO.

also always make your supercomputer shiny.

Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide​
The classic paradancer Groudon, but now as an ace in the hole for this rain team. It functions as a secondary switchin to Thunder, and is a great wall breaker which can take hits and dish them back out.
Paralysis is the most brutal part of this set. Even if Groudon itself cannot directly damage it for relevant damage, a paralyzed target for another teammate may be game ending in the right situation.
Thunder Wave targets fast pokemon like Lugia and the eon dragons, and in conjunction with Rock Slide’s flinch rate, can allow for some cheesy ways out. Swords Dance allows for Groudon to become even scarier, doubling its attack. Earthquake is a brutal STAB attack, and will mow through non-resists with ease at +2. Rock Slide hits the levitating Pokémon immune to Earthquake for heavy damage, and allows for some funny hax when targets are paralyzed.

This spread allows for the Continent Pokemon to survive Latios’s +1 Ice Beam, and at +2 Groudon can 2HKO 252 / 200+ Lugia with Rock Slide without Reflect.

THE THREATS
  • Thunder Wave + Calm Mind Kyogre can likely singlehandedly destroy this team, as it can paralyze Mewtwo and Latios, set up on my Kyogre, threaten out Groudon if rain is up and blow past Snorlax and Metagross.​
  • Deoxys-A is also a threat since if Metagross is weakened, I cannot safely switch into it at all. Substitute + Petaya Berry sets are difficult for me to handle.​
  • Sing Blissey. Fuck whoever uses that broken shit.​
  • Baton Pass. Since this team doesn’t have a phaser, it cannot stop chains from going on and passing.​
  • quick claw heracross also exists.
I hope that you enjoy this team and the tier, and I’m glad that even if it’s only for the month, there’s a ladder for people who care about the tier or may be interested.
Why don't you run Latias instead of Latios? It's extra bulk makes it a better Mono Attacker as it can setup more easily. Is there a specific reason you have Latios instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)